PDA

View Full Version : So while being pounded Friday by every media person in the US- Ole Missus

Coach34
05-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Doesn't release a statement. Doesn't make a sound. The people that created the Spin Machine were so overwhelmed all they could do is release a side door excuse from SpiritChuck to see how it would be greeted by people. Nevermind that excuse is complete BS- that fund can't be used to pay for a families utilities. Nevermind that Tunsil sure seemed in the texts like this was a regular deal and not a one-time emergency. Nevermind that it mentions multiple payments. Also, since that fund has to be accounted for in the SEC office- the NCAA went straight to their office for the correct paperwork. They didn't even have to deal with OM for it.

Their silence is absolutely awesome. And Freeze did it to them by convincing Tunsil to switch agents. Freezus is going to be responsible for his own show-cause. We all thought Kimchee would be the dumbass to bring them down- but it's KingTunsil. This has just been an amazing shitshow to witness

AlmostPositive
05-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Ole Miss flew too close to the sun.

The way their arrogance and corruption was made known to the entire country is priceless. Maybe next time they want to cheat, they should look for recruits who aren't too stupid to lie about receiving cash from coaches.

lastmajordog
05-01-2016, 03:37 PM
"Vanity....my FAVORITE SIN !!".....Lucifer / Al Pacino (Devil's Advocate).........

Saltydog
05-01-2016, 03:44 PM
knew about the messages and they can be easily explained. My question to that would be, "then why in hell did UMISS not just say they were already aware and had self reported and/or made the NCAA aware". Instead they said they would investigate. Makes no damn sense.

AlmostPositive
05-01-2016, 03:49 PM
And Freeze did it to them by convincing Tunsil to switch agents. Freezus is going to be responsible for his own show-cause.

Don't forget Freezus's role in antagonizing Tunsil's stepfather with the false protecting-mama narrative. The Reverend will be joining Orgeron and Hootie Nutt on the list of coaches that the fan base has turned on.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Yeah that's a lie. Theyre "aggressively investigating" this internally. If already aware they would've already had an answer.

TrapGame
05-01-2016, 03:51 PM
Sure, Freeze self reported messages that would open up a rabbit hole into a player slush fund. Not gonna happen.

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Coach - they can't risk the spin. Tunsil's case has been included in this first wave of LOA - unammedned LOA, whatever it is supposed to be called. That means those questions have all been asked. "Mr. Tunsil, did you receive any cash payments from a school official or booster?" You know good and well they the spun those responses with every thing they had to the extent they could influence the person being questioned.

The NCAA isn't a government entity. It is not the court system. It does however have rules and expectations. Perjury or the NCAA equivalent of it could be a really bad thing. You can't go back and spin sworn statements. Particularly when you likely dictated most of those statements yourself or through proxy. What happened Thursday night has them stuck. They can't maneuver from their previously sworn to words.

They will eventually come up with some kind of new messaging (barring an adult at UNM pushing the Athletic Department to the side) but they can't contradict anything they have said. The moment the school is caught in a lie it will be fried. If they lied about Tunsil at an institutional level - wow, that is gonna make 24 over 3 a distant memory.

There is nothing they can do now. Sexton can control Tunsil him to an extent but he has to think about his future and not being too attached to this situation. He needs other coaches and clients.

Fun times are coming.

HailState39110
05-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Doesn't release a statement. Doesn't make a sound.

We are now 3 days into this and we haven't heard a word from OM or from Tunsil saying he misunderstood the questioning . If we go another couple of days it seems like Ole Miss' stance is just to be silent . If you think about it they basically have two options

1) come clean , admit the text are real and start firing staff members including Freeze and Bjork . There is no way an elaborate scheme is just known by a couple of assistants .

2) deny the screenshots are real . And continue to operate in a cloud of suspension . They have already lost all credibility in the court of public opinion and will not be taken seriously until they admit guilt or the NCAA steps in and forces their hand .

Taog Redloh
05-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Nothing wrong with keeping your mouth shut. I wish our own people would do it when things happen to us. Instead, we have people trying to earn a name for themselves rather than looking out for the whole. It's a shame, really.

Ole Miss is gonna walk scot-free on this. I hope we learn something from it.

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Their next 'message' will be what they do or do not do as a University. If they start canning more than one person, they are confessing. They remain silent and continue the 'can't wait to tell you the truth' messaging then they are fully committed to going to the infractions committee.

I continue to think they are dug in to the position of stall, stall, stall to save the existing roster from fleeing. All the while hoping to keep Freeze out of the 'show cause' lane.

War Machine Dawg
05-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Nothing wrong with keeping your mouth shut. I wish our own people would do it when things happen to us. Instead, we have people trying to earn a name for themselves rather than looking out for the whole. It's a shame, really.

http://i.imgur.com/FOZk31b.gif
http://i.imgur.com/i0KwkqR.gif

Coach34
05-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Yeah that's a lie. Theyre "aggressively investigating" this internally. If already aware they would've already had an answer.

exactly. When reached Friday morning Bdork had nothing

RocketDawg
05-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Gotta wonder how high in the OM administration knowledge of this whole thing goes. Does it go all the way to the president/chancellor? Surely he has to wonder like all the rest of us how their FB team came from the dredges to signing stellar recruiting classes overnight. It kinda sounds like he's just going along with it all. He's the one who'd have to fire Freeze and Bjork if it comes to that.

blacklistedbully
05-01-2016, 04:10 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to War Machine Dawg again.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Gotta wonder how high in the OM administration knowledge of this whole thing goes. Does it go all the way to the president/chancellor? Surely he has to wonder like all the rest of us how their FB team came from the dredges to signing stellar recruiting classes overnight. It kinda sounds like he's just going along with it all. He's the one who'd have to fire Freeze and Bjork if it comes to that.

Their chancellor is relatively new. Maybe even just a few months? I doubt he's complicit or aware. He's probably embarrassed.

Bothrops
05-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Ole Miss is screwed. Freeze will be implicated at some point, and that program will be dismantled.

Coach34
05-01-2016, 04:15 PM

no they won't. A student-athlete's family utilities can't be paid for under any circumstances. Especially those families with 2 houses

RocketDawg
05-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Their chancellor is relatively new. Maybe even just a few months? I doubt he's complicit or aware. He's probably embarrassed.

Well, he certainly stepped into a hornets' nest when he took that job. He has to be concerned as well as embarrassed. Isn't Bjork relatively new too ... just a couple of years?

As The Bell Tolls
05-01-2016, 04:24 PM
I'm feeling pessimistic, I keep expecting OM to slide out from under all this without as much as even a bruise.

TrapGame
05-01-2016, 04:32 PM

And I hope he's pissed off. He needs to take control of that university. He could send a strong message by dropping Freeze and B-dork like a bad habit.

BulldogBear
05-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Their next 'message' will be what they do or do not do as a University. If they start canning more than one person, they are confessing. They remain silent and continue the 'can't wait to tell you the truth' messaging then they are fully committed to going to the infractions committee.

I continue to think they are dug in to the position of stall, stall, stall to save the existing roster from fleeing. All the while hoping to keep Freeze out of the 'show cause' lane.

That is exactly what is going on

GreenheadDawg
05-01-2016, 04:36 PM

Is your main goal for coming on this board to get a rise out of people? You say the dumbest shit.

HailState39110
05-01-2016, 04:37 PM
knew about the messages and they can be easily explained. My question to that would be, "then why in hell did UMISS not just say they were already aware and had self reported and/or made the NCAA aware". Instead they said they would investigate. Makes no damn sense.

Yancy seems to be starting the spin that the NCAA already knew about this. If that's the case why is the university investigating the issue if it is old news ? And if the cat is already out of the bag why not go ahead and release the NOA?

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-01-2016, 04:39 PM
Well, he certainly stepped into a hornets' nest when he took that job. He has to be concerned as well as embarrassed. Isn't Bjork relatively new too ... just a couple of years?

Yeah no kidding. Bjork was hired in March 2012

Statefan
05-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Friday Ole Miss Says: “The University is aware of the reports from the NFL Draft regarding Laremy Tunsil and potential violations during his time at Ole Miss,” according to a statement released by Ole Miss late Thursday night. “Like we do whenever an allegation is brought to our attention or a potential violation is self-discovered, we will aggressively investigate and fully cooperate with the NCAA and the SEC.”

Today Yancy tweets: "Tunsil's lawyer states that the text message with the OM coaches had already been discussed with NCAA last summer and taken out of context"

Come on Mississippi, its been 3 days and yall still arent on the same page with your excuses..........

Coach34
05-01-2016, 04:45 PM
He was asking a coach for money and even said what it was for- how is that "out of context"?????

Coach34
05-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Friday Ole Miss Says: “The University is aware of the reports from the NFL Draft regarding Laremy Tunsil and potential violations during his time at Ole Miss,” according to a statement released by Ole Miss late Thursday night. “Like we do whenever an allegation is brought to our attention or a potential violation is self-discovered, we will aggressively investigate and fully cooperate with the NCAA and the SEC.”

Today Yancy tweets: "Tunsil's lawyer states that the text message with the OM coaches had already been discussed with NCAA last summer and taken out of context"

Come on Mississippi, its been 3 days and yall still arent on the same page with your excuses..........

yep- why investigate if you already knew about it and dealt with it???

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Today Yancy tweets: "Tunsil's lawyer states that the text message with the OM coaches had already been discussed with NCAA last summer and taken out of context.

Then explain the context, TUNSIL's LAWYER or YANCY!!!

archdog
05-01-2016, 04:50 PM
The best part, the text string was released literally minutes after Freeze was praising Tunsil for owning up to the bong video, showing how much character he has.

The text came out, Freeze was no where to be seen. Funny as hell.

SDDawg
05-01-2016, 04:50 PM
I thought odds were slightly better than even on a Freeze show cause, now I think it's a lock. He is in the shit...

basedog
05-01-2016, 04:51 PM
My question, will Freeze keep his job? He is damaged goods and his career is either done or know one would even consider hiring him. If so, I think I would resign with an agreement of getting money while he can. If the NCAA says he is in the middle OM doesn't owe him a nickel. Right or wrong?

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 04:52 PM

I am sure it was discussed. So, knowing he could not have legally been assisted with that issue from these 'Opportunity Funds', and assuming he did nothing illegal (to follow their line of BS), how could that be taken out of context? He asked for money. He admitted it Thursday night. Did he deny it last summer/fall? Oh dear, can't suspend him again but I bet the school that backed his lie might have a concern to two about now.

lefty96
05-01-2016, 04:58 PM
At this point, it would s best to just not respond. It has been so quiet so long that anyone other than a delusional OM fan calls bullshit on anything that is said. Some lame claim sounds better quickly. Spend 72 hours making it up and it sounds more lame.

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 05:03 PM
At this point, it would s best to just not respond. It has been so quiet so long that anyone other than a delusional OM fan calls bullshit on anything that is said. Some lame claim sounds better quickly. Spend 72 hours making it up and it sounds more lame.

Look, go back to how we were right before our last run-in with the NCAA. We were desperate for any news that might somehow make the impending NCAA enema less frightening. Lot of people on our side started making crap up to make themselves feel better. Those of us who did not buy it kept our cake holes shut. Their athletic department and its power brokers are about to have to face their own supporters and admit deception. Not going to be pretty.

archdog
05-01-2016, 05:04 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to War Machine Dawg again.

I never get this joke.

lefty96
05-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Look, go back to how we were right before our last run-in with the NCAA. We were desperate for any news that might somehow make the impending NCAA enema less frightening. Lot of people on our side started making crap up to make themselves feel better. Those of us who did not buy it kept our cake holes shut. Their athletic department and its power brokers are about to have to face their own supporters and admit deception. Not going to be pretty.

I have every confidence that is a press conference they can win. Bullied by the ncaa, misunderstood, us against them. I don't think they jeopardize heir one fan base at all with lying. We are talking about OM after all.

missouridawg
05-01-2016, 05:12 PM
no they won't. A student-athlete's family utilities can't be paid for under any circumstances. Especially those families with 2 houses

My question, will Freeze keep his job? He is damaged goods and his career is either done or know one would even consider hiring him. If so, I think I would resign with an agreement of getting money while he can. If the NCAA says he is in the middle OM doesn't owe him a nickel. Right or wrong?

You can't get fired from the Lords team

LC Dawg
05-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Well, they did release one statement through their spokesperson Momma Gary.

Bucky Dog
05-01-2016, 05:56 PM

Exactly Coach! If the Bear Sharts are so ignorant to think the NCAA doesn't already know about the Tunsil family's move to Oxford, and that someone else is furnishing said house and utilities, then they are more ignorant than I have them credit for.

Their folks are actually believing the plan is to keep quiet until something else grabs the media attention in a few weeks and everything will go away. The arrogance continues, with them saying they were set up because everyone else is jealous because they couldn't handle them being relevant and kicking everybody's(Bama and State) asses!

State82
05-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Well, they did release one statement through their spokesperson Momma Gary.

Nice

BossDawg
05-01-2016, 06:21 PM

If they do then you're gonna watch recruiting turn into one huge auction block. It'll be a no-holds-barred event without any referees.

Todd4State
05-01-2016, 06:38 PM

Eventually they will fire him to save face with the NCAA like they did with Brewer. I doubt he'll ever get another power 5 job again. His offense doesn't translate well to the NFL and the only way he can recruit is to cheat his ass off. Not to mention he likely gets a show cause. Maybe he'll end up at Liberty University one day at best.

I wouldn't worry about him too much though. I'm sure he has made millions coaching and even if he has spent his money unwisely Archie and friends will take care of him at worst.

If I were him I'd just ride it out until the ax falls. Financially that's probably his best move right now. Especially if they owe him money if he gets fired like a lot of coaches have in their contract.

basedog
05-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Eventually they will fire him to save face with the NCAA like they did with Brewer. I doubt he'll ever get another power 5 job again. His offense doesn't translate well to the NFL and the only way he can recruit is to cheat his ass off. Not to mention he likely gets a show cause. Maybe he'll end up at Liberty University one day at best.

I wouldn't worry about him too much though. I'm sure he has made millions coaching and even if he has spent his money unwisely Archie and friends will take care of him at worst.

Thanks for your response. Not so sure what Archie is thinking as far as Freeze. Like I said, if I'm Freeze I would negiate a deal with OM on money, resign and never speak to the NCAA again. If he is tied into the "show case" I don't think OM has to pay him a dime.

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 06:46 PM
I have every confidence that is a press conference they can win. Bullied by the ncaa, misunderstood, us against them. I don't think they jeopardize heir one fan base at all with lying. We are talking about OM after all.

They can play it out a bit longer, but when the hammer comes down it won't matter. Not a question of the fanbase being jeopardized, but rather of them demanding their asses on a platter for putting them in this position.

Once we had cleared the bar on the trumped up UNM BS in our case, I was genuinely ticked at Templeton and his cronies for getting us caught on the other shit. He and his band of idiots put us in that position to where UNM's allegations made a breadcrumb trail to the minor crap. Seeing him depart was an awesome day.

Taog Redloh
05-01-2016, 08:17 PM
If they do then you're gonna watch recruiting turn into one huge auction block. It'll be a no-holds-barred event without any referees.

It already is. Has been for over 30 years.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-01-2016, 08:23 PM
I never get this joke.

Check tbe lower left corner of each post.. The star. If you click that you add "reputation" to someone. If a poster doesn't give reputation to someone else before giving to the same poster twice, the reputation giver copies and pastes the note to let them know they added reputation.

PassInterference
05-01-2016, 08:34 PM
I'm starting to think Ole Miss isn't speaking because there is nothing left to say that wouldn't either be an admission of dishonesty or something that contradicts the other 14 Ole Miss narratives to date. The lies and spin have caught up to them. They've painted themselves into a corner and there is no place left go.

They're on the boss level of that tough video game and they're out of ammo.

Oh and check out what Kellenberger is saying. The Clarion "spin cycle" Ledger is turning on Ole Miss. There is just about NOBODY left that's buying their bullshit.

mparkerfd20
05-01-2016, 08:35 PM
I never get this joke. Then you haven't been here long. On the desktop site you can give reputation points. If you've given too many to one person without spreading it around that is the error message you get.

BossDawg
05-01-2016, 08:37 PM
It already is. Has been for over 30 years.

We never got the memo evidently. You're gonna start seeing EVERY team throwing cash haphazardly and without any caution. You think it's bad now? Just wait and see what happens if UM skates.

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 08:39 PM
We never got the memo evidently. You're gonna start seeing EVERY team throwing cash haphazardly and without any caution. You think it's bad now? Just wait and see what happens if UM skates.

We'll be able to DOUBLE the number of Cheese Balls and Sonic Coupons we had been giving them!