PDA

View Full Version : Skip LOI and Show Cause, proceed directly to RICO

AlmostPositive
05-01-2016, 11:30 AM
In a normal setting, there would be criminal consequences for what Ole miss has been doing for at least three years.

Academic fraud - Ole Miss has been systematically substituting unqualified athletes for legitimate students to further their athletics. ACT fraud undermines our educational system. Mississippi taxpayers end up paying for semi-literate thugs to reside on campus for three or four years, occasionally beating the hell out of fellow students. Is there any indication that Laremy Tunsil learned anything at Ole Miss other than how to maximize a cannabis high.

Illegal Payments - Whose money was that, exactly? Even if some bourbon-soaked car dealers and trial lawyers ponied up for the slush fund, it was being doled out by staff once again funded by Mississippi taxpayers. Did Ole Miss make sure that taxes were paid on what they past out? Almost certainly not.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to characterize the Ole Miss athletic Department as an ongoing criminal enterprise. I'm sorry for their students and alumni (some of them at least), but they have severely damaged the institution's reputation and they will be paying for it for years.

TrapGame
05-01-2016, 12:48 PM
I think the NCAA is seriously looking into the ACT/grades/student loans angle. This is organized criminal behavior and my guess is that it's far and beyond what the NCAA normally sees in an investigation. If the NCAA is able to turn a few boxes of evidence over to the feds it's over for the university. They would never recover.

starkvegasdawg
05-01-2016, 01:18 PM
I think the NCAA is seriously looking into the ACT/grades/student loans angle. This is organized criminal behavior and my guess is that it's far and beyond what the NCAA normally sees in an investigation. If the NCAA is able to turn a few boxes of evidence over to the feds it's over for the university. They would never recover.
I just don't see that ever happening. Not saying they don't deserve it. Just doubt it happens.

Political Hack
05-01-2016, 01:49 PM
In a normal setting, there would be criminal consequences for what Ole miss has been doing for at least three years.

Academic fraud - Ole Miss has been systematically substituting unqualified athletes for legitimate students to further their athletics. ACT fraud undermines our educational system. Mississippi taxpayers end up paying for semi-literate thugs to reside on campus for three or four years, occasionally beating the hell out of fellow students. Is there any indication that Laremy Tunsil learned anything at Ole Miss other than how to maximize a cannabis high.

Illegal Payments - Whose money was that, exactly? Even if some bourbon-soaked car dealers and trial lawyers ponied up for the slush fund, it was being doled out by staff once again funded by Mississippi taxpayers. Did Ole Miss make sure that taxes were paid on what they past out? Almost certainly not.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to characterize the Ole Miss athletic Department as an ongoing criminal enterprise. I'm sorry for their students and alumni (some of them at least), but they have severely damaged the institution's reputation and they will be paying for it for years.

Pay for play at a high enough level constitutes tax evasion at minimum. The IRS won't care up to 10k, but transactions of more than 10k is where they start paying attention. An investigation into 1 recruit would pay dividends for them, but considering that this is becoming an obvious systematic pay for play scenario, it may be worth the investment for them.

Political Hack
05-01-2016, 01:50 PM

And they shouldn't be allowed to recover. Committing widespread academic fraud to help win football games is ridiculous.