PDA

View Full Version : Weird Stuff

messageboardsuperhero
05-01-2016, 08:43 AM
I've largely tried to keep quiet about UM until things work out, but I can't bite my tongue any longer...

How is it that UM constantly has the weirdest shit going on? Seriously, it's like a never-ending steaming pile of odd, nonsensical crap. You have players jumping out of hotel windows, fighting with their stepfather, publically accuse the stepfather of being a wife beater right before he has a media meltdown and squeals to the NCAA, getting filmed smoking weed through a gas mask and having it released on draft night, threatening to spray a nightclub with an AK-47, multiple instances of a recruit's rogue family member faxing them a second LOI on signing day after said recruit announces and clearly wants to go elsewhere, someone admitting to getting paid by coaches on national TV, flashing $100 bills on recruiting visits, have multiple P5 coaches/administrators publically insinuate that they're cheating... That felt like the world's longest run-on sentence, but I could seriously keep going on and on.

Point is, every P5 football program has SOME discipline issues. All teams have players get DUIs, marijuana arrests/suspensions, the occasional domestic assault, and maybe even an NCAA investigation every once in a while because of a sloppy booster. But not everyone has the constant bizarre, reeking garbage like I just listed above. Only at UM (and maybe a couple of other dumpster fires) does this shit occur ALL THE TIME.

How do UM fans and certain "friendly media" continue to attempt to spin this shit when it is so obvious that the program is a discipline free-for-all and dirty as hell? It just makes zero sense, and I'd like to think I would never allow myself to become so deluded if the shoe was on the other foot.

EAVdog
05-01-2016, 08:46 AM
Just the number of high profile players with public drug issues is enough to raise some serious concerns.

Drugs Delaney
05-01-2016, 09:19 AM
Ummm, Durrr, Did you not see that Rashan's mother said OM recruited her son clean. Guess you have forgotten about this too. https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-ncaa-has-nothing-on-laremy-tunsil-and-ole-miss-unless-they-cooperate/?utm_source=vicesportsfb everything you posted is irrelevant. ; )

engie
05-01-2016, 09:39 AM
They are the game of thrones of the NCAA.

TrapGame
05-01-2016, 09:56 AM
They are a nuclear power plant teetering on the edge of a meltdown. Expect om to be the Three Mile Island of college football soon.

BB30
05-01-2016, 10:05 AM
If this is not cleared up by football season everyone of their TV games and national media stories will be linked to tunsil, cheating,scandal, Etc. I almost wonder if it isn't better for us for everything to stay suspended for a while and hang over their heads. It is rather enjoyable.

lefty96
05-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Have you ever done some stupid, risky shit and gotten away with it? Like you race in front of a semi to get on an interstate or opt to get rid of a wasp nest with a broom and oven mits? Most people after having gotten away with something like that realize it was a bad idea. Ole miss does not. They are idiots without self awareness. If they were a person and not a university, they'd be that neighbor that lights all his fires with gasoline.

starkvegasdawg
05-01-2016, 10:35 AM
It all goes to who you bring in. Not only to play for you but run things. Garbage in...garbage out. How many players have they brought in with bad pasts. You mentioned the Kelly incident. But there's the rapist from Washington, Stringfellow, And the list goes on and on and on. Then you put them under the charge of a morally deficient staff. We all know the Freeze rumors at Briarcrest. Kiffin has been arrested. Anthony Kennedy has been arrested. Ole miss is a win at all costs school. That is all they care about. That is their institution. There is no hint of personal responsibility anywhere on that campus. When stuff happens it just gets covered up or blame assigned elsewhere. They were just victims. The example they set is that power and prestige is everything and it will be protected. That's why you have frat boys beat almost to death and plays stopped mid act because of slurs from the audience and nothing happens. The whole place is a morally corrupt cesspool so that's what is attracted to go there from staff down to students putting nooses on statues. That is who ole miss was, who ole miss is, and who ole miss will be. Now, for the Bears reading this in their self righteous indignation and getting ready to make screen shots...piss off and click an ad. Deep down you know it's true.

messageboardsuperhero
05-01-2016, 10:50 AM
It all goes to who you bring in. Not only to play for you but run things. Garbage in...garbage out. How many players have they brought in with bad pasts. You mentioned the Kelly incident. But there's the rapist from Washington, Stringfellow, And the list goes on and on and on. Then you put them under the charge of a morally deficient staff. We all know the Freeze rumors at Briarcrest. Kiffin has been arrested. Anthony Kennedy has been arrested. Ole miss is a win at all costs school. That is all they care about. That is their institution. There is no hint of personal responsibility anywhere on that campus. When stuff happens it just gets covered up or blame assigned elsewhere. They were just victims. The example they set is that power and prestige is everything and it will be protected. That's why you have frat boys beat almost to death and plays stopped mid act because of slurs from the audience and nothing happens. The whole place is a morally corrupt cesspool so that's what is attracted to go there from staff down to students putting nooses on statues. That is who ole miss was, who ole miss is, and who ole miss will be. Now, for the Bears reading this in their self righteous indignation and getting ready to make screen shots...piss off and click an ad. Deep down you know it's true.

I had forgotten about that play embarrassment they swept under the rug and tried to explain away as freedom of speech. There's honestly no way to list all the bizzare bullshit their players have gotten into all in one post. There is so much I can't even remember a bunch of it.

Drugs Delaney
05-01-2016, 11:02 AM
^^^This^^^ I have a friend that keeps saying he wishes the NCAA would go ahead and render their kick in the nutts. Not me, it's out there, their beat writers are preparing them for it, anyone but a red and blue dyed imbecile knows it's going to be bad. Once sanctions are handed down the healing process begins. I hope this drags out for two more recruiting seasons.
If this is not cleared up by football season everyone of their TV games and national media stories will be linked to tunsil, cheating,scandal, Etc. I almost wonder if it isn't better for us for everything to stay suspended for a while and hang over their heads. It is rather enjoyable.

DancingRabbit
05-01-2016, 11:15 AM
PR like this you can't just buy ... but I guess in a sense they did buy it.

Orlando Sentinel:

"After Florida hired McElwain, UF Athletic Director Jeremy Foley told me that some potential coaching candidates had been eliminated because of character issues."

"Dolphins pick Laremy Tunsil is why Gators didn't pursue Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze"

mic
05-01-2016, 11:25 AM
Some talking head on XM radio said it best.. Wish I could remember who it was ..

Larmey Tunsil and Ole Miss sabotaged and robed every player their moment in the first round of the draft... For all the wrong reasons..