PDA

View Full Version : Holland is going to have to hit for us for the next month.

Jacksondevildog
04-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Stovall is out 4-6 weeks and Alexander has a fractured wrist. I think Holland is not 100% as well. Luckily, our schedule gets easier and we are at home two of the last three series.

wasabaka
04-30-2016, 08:52 PM
From the game thread:

Holland in at 2nd. Did Luke tweak something on that failed catch, or is this move just due to the error?

To which I was promptly lambasted for even suggesting because "Cohen is just an meddling asshole."

A fractured wrist is going to make it hard to come back quickly. That sucks.

msstate7
04-30-2016, 08:56 PM
From the game thread:

To which I was promptly lambasted for even suggesting because "Cohen is just an meddling asshole."

A fractured wrist is going to make it hard to come back quickly. That sucks.

Pretty sure the wrist has been fractured

wasabaka
04-30-2016, 08:57 PM
Pretty sure the wrist has been fractured

No shit. Hence the reason I asked if he tweaked something.

tireddawg
04-30-2016, 08:59 PM
Stovall is out 4-6 weeks and Alexander has a fractured wrist. I think Holland is not 100% as well. Luckily, our schedule gets easier and we are at home two of the last three series.

Being at home doesn't matter for this team.
Road Dawgs. Agree about Holland

somebodyshotmypaw
04-30-2016, 09:01 PM
Just curious. If Alexander and Stovall are both out, that leaves Holland and Gridley as the 2 middle infielders. If one of them were to go down, who is the next man up?

msstate7
04-30-2016, 09:01 PM
No shit. Hence the reason I asked if he tweaked something.

Cohen called TO immediately and went and got him. That wasn't injury-related imo

wasabaka
04-30-2016, 09:02 PM
Just curious. If Alexander and Stovall are both out, that leaves Holland and Gridley as the 2 middle infielders. If one of them were to go down, who is the next man up?

Cohen would probably go with a rover in the outfield and three guys in the infield.**

msstate7
04-30-2016, 09:02 PM

Probably Collins to 2b and hump to 3b... Just guessing bc both have played there this year

somebodyshotmypaw
04-30-2016, 09:06 PM
Probably Collins to 2b and hump to 3b... Just guessing bc both have played there this year

I knew about Hump and 3B. Didn't realize Collins had played 2B. Thanks for the info.

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-30-2016, 09:16 PM
Cohen called TO immediately and went and got him. That wasn't injury-related imo

Missed most of game 3. Cohen pulled LA in the field after an error?

msstate7
04-30-2016, 09:20 PM
Missed most of game 3. Cohen pulled LA in the field after an error?

Yeah, could've been injury related though... I was just guessing it was bc of the error

maroonmania
04-30-2016, 09:25 PM

What was the final diagnosis on Stovall? 4-6 weeks would make it difficult for him to get back this year even for the post-season.

Todd4State
04-30-2016, 09:58 PM

Let's just pray it doesn't happen.

Todd4State
04-30-2016, 09:59 PM
What was the final diagnosis on Stovall? 4-6 weeks would make it difficult for him to get back this year even for the post-season.

He's likely done for this year. He has a fracture in his leg but no ligament damage.

Todd4State
04-30-2016, 10:01 PM
Yeah, could've been injury related though... I was just guessing it was bc of the error

Cohen insinuated during the post game interview that it was injury related.

Taog Redloh
04-30-2016, 10:04 PM

He was on crutches at the game tonight. Wouldn't count on him the rest of the year.

bulldogcountry1
04-30-2016, 10:08 PM
I don't know the deal is with Holland at the plate. Didn't he hit over .300 at FSU? He looks all out of sorts and has no chance against a lefty. He looks like a scared little leaguer bailing out on every pitch. I don't understand how essentially everyone had improved offensively, but he has regressed as a senior.

He needs to spend every waking moment in the cage. We have to have him, and we need to get something out of him.

Todd4State
04-30-2016, 10:11 PM
I don't know the deal is with Holland at the plate. Didn't he hit over .300 at FSU? He looks all out of sorts and has no chance against a lefty. He looks like a scared little leaguer bailing out on every pitch. I don't understand how essentially everyone had improved offensively, but he has regressed as a senior.

He needs to spend every waking moment in the cage. We have to have him, and we need to get something out of him.

I think he hit like .284 or something at Florida State.

nsvltndog
04-30-2016, 10:26 PM
He had a clutch big time hit against UF to help us clinch that series. That was the double late in the game that many felt was a HR. He's capable, just needs to regain confidence quickly.

djaymsu5
04-30-2016, 11:45 PM
Seems to me he's late on just about every pitch. He needs to start his load sooner or use a lighter bat or something.