04-30-2016, 06:28 PM
I really thought Calhoun would get drafted in the 6th or 7th

Bully13
04-30-2016, 06:30 PM
What about Richie? Never had a shot?

BrunswickDawg
04-30-2016, 06:31 PM
What about Richie? Never had a shot?
Well, considering he is still on our roster, no....

Bully13
04-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Wait. Richie still has another yr, no?

BrunswickDawg
04-30-2016, 06:32 PM
Wait. Richie still has another yr, no?
Yup.

msstate7
04-30-2016, 06:34 PM
Wish the saints would sign bear

BrunswickDawg
04-30-2016, 06:38 PM
Calhoun signs with Bears.

Dawgfan77
04-30-2016, 06:41 PM
No offense but it boggles the mind how some know so little about our team..

On another note, Benni & Bear should have stayed. Bear was never gonna be a speed guy but another year under Billy G would have him drafted

wasabaka
04-30-2016, 06:55 PM
Good for them!

bulldawg28
04-30-2016, 07:19 PM
Well, considering he is still on our roster, no....

Lmao

Coach34
04-30-2016, 07:22 PM
No offense but it boggles the mind how some know so little about our team..

On another note, Benni & Bear should have stayed. Bear was never gonna be a speed guy but another year under Billy G would have him drafted

Actually- sometimes its better to sign as a FA as opposed to being drafted in the 6th or 7th round- as a FA you get to pick where you go and can check out rosters

msstate7
04-30-2016, 07:23 PM
Anyone gonna sign bear?

Dawgfan77
04-30-2016, 07:48 PM
Actually- sometimes its better to sign as a FA as opposed to being drafted in the 6th or 7th round- as a FA you get to pick where you go and can check out rosters

Some times yes, but you don't leave after your JR year to sign a FA deal

Coach34
04-30-2016, 08:00 PM
Some times yes, but you don't leave after your JR year to sign a FA deal

No but if you are sick of school and want to start making money to play- its what you do. Some kids just dont like college and going to class

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 08:05 PM
No but if you are sick of school and want to start making money to play- its what you do. Some kids just dont like college and going to class

That is not acceptable as an acceptable or rational choice.
It just isn't acceptable..

If at 20-21 you are tired of school what the hell are you going to do when at 30-40 you are tired of working, providing a life for your children etc. etc.
Bear made as very poor decision and in 20 year he will say I 17'ed up...much too late.

And I can't believe the posts on this board implying he made a good/acceptable decision. (And this has nothing,nothing to do with him playing next year at MSU) Just simply near-sighted people.

Coach34
04-30-2016, 08:22 PM

If at 20-21 you are tired of school what the hell are you going to do when at 30-40 you are tired of working, providing a life for your children etc. etc.
Bear made as very poor decision and in 20 year he will say I 17'ed up...much too late.

And I can't believe the posts on this board implying he made a good/acceptable decision. (And this has nothing,nothing to do with him playing next year at MSU) Just simply near-sighted people.

You arent a broke ass kid from the Hood that doesnt give a shit about playing college football. Alot of these kids dream of wearing an NFL jersey- thats their goal. I would have loved Wilson to return for another season- but he told anybody that would listen that 2015 was his last year in college. He wasnt coming back no matter what happened. Just like JRob the year before. They didnt want to be in college anymore. End of story

mic
04-30-2016, 08:36 PM
Bennie and Calhoun make rosters IMO...

ScoobaDawg
04-30-2016, 08:40 PM

YOU REALLY need to reevaluate your short-sighted position. Bear has a family to support. You wanna say he made a poor choice to be able to support his family because you wanted to see him in maroon and white for another year. As stated some players aren't a great fit for college anyways. He can come back and finish his degree at another time. His talent won't be with him forever.

So this shit of attacking our players who are leaving early needs to stop. We as fans don't have shit to do with that or their thought process. Dan advises them, the NFL advises them and then they do what they need to do for them at the time.

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 08:40 PM
You arent a broke ass kid from the Hood that doesnt give a shit about playing college football. Alot of these kids dream of wearing an NFL jersey- thats their goal. I would have loved Wilson to return for another season- but he told anybody that would listen that 2015 was his last year in college. He wasnt coming back no matter what happened. Just like JRob the year before. They didnt want to be in college anymore. End of story

I was a broke ass kid from a red clay farm (and you probably don't even know what that implies) in North Mississippi. I don't need anyone tell me how hard hard time were. I am not broke ass now but I can almost guarantee I was more broke than these kids from the hood now days. I continue to be amazed at the level of acceptance of bad decisions.

BrunswickDawg
04-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Devon Bell going to Indy.

Bear with the Pats.

TUSK
04-30-2016, 08:54 PM

no.

Howboutdemdogs
04-30-2016, 09:11 PM
Bear has several kids, so he needs the money more than anything.

ScoobaDawg
04-30-2016, 09:17 PM
I was a broke ass kid from a red clay farm (and you probably don't even know what that implies) in North Mississippi. I don't need anyone tell me how hard hard time were. I am not broke ass now but I can almost guarantee I was more broke than these kids from the hood now days. I continue to be amazed at the level of acceptance of bad decisions.

Well congrats on making it out alive. Was playing football your primary talent? Were you a college athlete? Did you have a baby child with no other support that you need to start supporting? Like I said before... you really don't have a clue about what Bear and many other college athletes who in college strictly to pass time till they can go pro. Stop being so damn judgmental and think you know better what Bear needed to do than the people closest to him and himself. The draft didn't work out but there are other options that are STILL better than coming back for another year. Bear needs more reps and more time on the field. He has only played football for 4 years. He can now get that time while being PAID.

msstate7
04-30-2016, 09:28 PM
I really hope it works out for bear bc I love the guy. That said football as a career is now a longshot at best. Perhaps getting a college degree would've been the best way to support his kids... After all, you support them for 18-22 years, not just in the present. Whatever though, it's done and I hope bear makes it

Saltydog
04-30-2016, 09:31 PM
that he was 5-6th round guy and would get drafted. Yeah, I know "Matt Wyatt" but I'm still surprised he was drafted.

Coach34
04-30-2016, 10:13 PM
Well congrats on making it out alive. Was playing football your primary talent? Were you a college athlete? Did you have a baby child with no other support that you need to start supporting? Like I said before... you really don't have a clue about what Bear and many other college athletes who in college strictly to pass time till they can go pro. Stop being so damn judgmental and think you know better what Bear needed to do than the people closest to him and himself. The draft didn't work out but there are other options that are STILL better than coming back for another year. Bear needs more reps and more time on the field. He has only played football for 4 years. He can now get that time while being PAID.

Again I say:

Bear makes a practice squad- he makes 80K a year
Bear makes a roster- its 350-400K per year

Irondawg
04-30-2016, 10:24 PM
Wish the Saints would have gone after Calhoun. I just have a feeling he's going to make a team. He just seemed to make plays and was to me our best tackler in space. He blew up a ton of bubble screens

I seen it dawg
04-30-2016, 10:31 PM

Well tough shit the reality is that some kids think this way and it is what it is. It's acceptable and you have to deal with it. For some kids it's the shot they will get and if it doesn't work it's back to the mines. They should have worked harder the 3 yrs they were here. Or in some cases they did and have a degree. You aren't in any spot to judge them.

msstate7
04-30-2016, 10:33 PM
Wish the Saints would have gone after Calhoun. I just have a feeling he's going to make a team. He just seemed to make plays and was to me our best tackler in space. He blew up a ton of bubble screens
If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Calhoun making an nfl team before our other FA signees

I seen it dawg
04-30-2016, 10:34 PM

Dude you need to get to ****ing reality and understand that trying to make it for a few years on the practice squad or signing a free agent deal is all they got. hahaha red clay farms

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 10:35 PM

Not judgmental..at all.... He simply made a mistake and I get pissed off at people who accept or try to justify a mistake. That evidently would include you.

No I wasn't a collegiate athlete..put my way thur school...and there wasn't all this grants and aid when i attended MSU. Don't even attempt to preach to me...You have no...no...no clue. I refuse to justify you accepting poor decisions.

Clueless people do and will continue to piss me off.....

I seen it dawg
04-30-2016, 10:37 PM
Not judgmental..at all.... He simply made a mistake and I get pissed off at people who accept or try to justify a mistake. That evidently would include you.

No I wasn't a collegiate athlete..put my way thur school...and there wasn't all this grants and aid when i attended MSU. Don't even attempt to preach to me...You have no...no...no clue. I refuse to justify you accepting poor decisions.

Take off the white wig

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 10:45 PM
Take off the white wig

Well you are a dumbass.
Nothing more nothing less with that post.
Oh wait...I had that white privilege. The level of stupidity of the general public continues to amaze me.

I worked hard from nothing yet i have that white wig....you forever will be a dumbass.

TippyToe_Dawg
04-30-2016, 10:54 PM
Why not be happy for Bear and hope that he makes it in the NFL. It sounds like you are more pissed that he didn't stay for another year to help our football team. The kid has responsibilities and felt this was the best way to help his family. I left State and returned at 30 to finish my degree. I just don't understand why people can't wish our players the best of luck and be more positive for them.
Bear played his heart out for us. I still remember that catch against Auburn where he broke off a tackle and ran into the end zone. He will always be one of my favorite players to wear maroon and white. I can't imagine ever judging him for his choices and putting him down. I wish him the best and I'm proud he gave us 3-years on the football field.

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 10:59 PM
Dude you need to get to ****ing reality and understand that trying to make it for a few years on the practice squad or signing a free agent deal is all they got. hahaha red clay farms

No...a degree is better... You really don't understand that!!!??? Hummmmm....

If he could not get his degree after next year then it doesn't matter...but he should have been on track for that degree...

Hahaha on the red clay farm....bigot you are...Yep, us red clay farm white privileged people are certainly a problem.

ScoobaDawg
04-30-2016, 11:07 PM

You just judged him by saying he made a mistake. I would of loved to had him for another year but he is a student athlete who can't take on an extra job or anything to support his family. Congrats you worked your ass off and put yourself through school. Not the same. You don't have all the limitations on you a student athlete does.
So again. god job for you but get off your high horse thinking Bear made a mistake. He did what was best for him at this time.

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 11:16 PM
YOU REALLY need to reevaluate your short-sighted position. Bear has a family to support. You wanna say he made a poor choice to be able to support his family because you wanted to see him in maroon and white for another year. As stated some players aren't a great fit for college anyways. He can come back and finish his degree at another time. His talent won't be with him forever.

So this shit of attacking our players who are leaving early needs to stop. We as fans don't have shit to do with that or their thought process. Dan advises them, the NFL advises them and then they do what they need to do for them at the time.

Shortsighted????? My Gosh. You just posted the most shortsighted post I have seen i a while. Anyone who agrees with not getting a degree is shortsighted. That is nonnegotiable.
I have and never will attack a player's decision....but I will always point bad decisions

I just don't get you people attempting to justify bad decisions....there is a word for that.

I seen it dawg
04-30-2016, 11:19 PM
Well you are a dumbass.
Nothing more nothing less with that post.
Oh wait...I had that white privilege. The level of stupidity of the general public continues to amaze me.

I worked hard from nothing yet i have that white wig....you forever will be a dumbass.

Judge judge judge judge. And no right or experience to.

ScoobaDawg
04-30-2016, 11:26 PM
Shortsighted????? My Gosh. You just posted the most shortsighted post I have seen i a while. Anyone who agrees with not getting a degree is shortsighted. That is nonnegotiable.
I have and never will attack a player's decision....but I will always point bad decisions

I just don't get you people attempting to justify bad decisions....there is a word for that.

Your decisions don't equal the decisions Bear should make. It's that simple. If you can't see why this is the right decision right now I can't help you,.

MafiaDawg
04-30-2016, 11:41 PM
Bear and Bennie both made bad decisions. It's so obvious it hurts. The chances of making even a practice squad as a free agent are about 10%. Not Impossible but literally about 10%. We we not saying we want them to fail or we don't like them but my gosh it's so clear they screwed up. They both passed up an opportunity to improve their skill and education.

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 11:49 PM
Your decisions don't equal the decisions Bear should make. It's that simple. If you can't see why this is the right decision right now I can't help you,.

It was a wrong decision. You and disagree on that. Why you think it was a good decision is strange...he didn't get drafted ,...geeezesssss.

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 11:55 PM

Re-read your post....You think most collegiate go pro....where and forever have you been....geeeseeee?
A college degree should be the goal of even the #1 draft choice. Justifying anything less is sad ...