Does that also hurt when recruiting OL?

Coach34
04-30-2016, 05:45 PM

absolutely it does

War Machine Dawg
04-30-2016, 05:48 PM

You seriously have to ask? "Yeah kid, go to State if you want. Just remember, they haven't produced an NFL OL under their OL coach. I've produced several. Have a great time in Starkville!"

Matt3467
04-30-2016, 05:54 PM
Who was the O-line coach for Sherrod and Jackson?

HSVDawg
04-30-2016, 06:00 PM

I think the point was that Hevesy hasn't put any of "his" guys in the NFL. Sherrod and Jackson were both Croom recruits.

ScoobaDawg
04-30-2016, 06:00 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/542/748/0bf.gif

Barkman Turner Overdrive
04-30-2016, 06:03 PM

Hevesey was their position coach. However, they were both Croom recruits and most likely would have gone somewhere else just like all the other ones had they known Hev would be their position coach.

ckDOG
04-30-2016, 06:08 PM
I think the point was that Hevesy hasn't put any of "his" guys in the NFL. Sherrod and Jackson were both Croom recruits.

Yep. Hev's greatest beginning to end accomplishments have been Day and Beckwith. If I recall correctly, Day was a contingency plan. Turned out he was a mean man. Beckwith was a walk on. Until I routinely see overlooked guys being developed into guys that eventually make it on an NFL team, I going ahead and assuming his approach and/or execution suck and we are way behind the 8 ball on the recruiting trail for o lineman. There's really no case to be made to keep him around other than he's Mullen's comfort zone and bud.

Liverpooldawg
04-30-2016, 06:10 PM
Y'all need to suck it up and get over it. As long as Mullen is our coach he is going to be the line coach unless he gets a head coaching gig. If y'all want to get rid of him you are taking the wrong tack. You need to be talking him up.

HoopsDawg
04-30-2016, 06:58 PM
Y'all need to suck it up and get over it. As long as Mullen is our coach he is going to be the line coach unless he get's a head coaching gig. If y'all want to get rid of him you are taking the wrong tack. You need to be talking him up.

Hev is the key to Mullen's success. He's the brains behind everything. Mullen u are shit without Hev.

Coach34
04-30-2016, 07:23 PM

not the guy that recruited them

somebodyshotmypaw
04-30-2016, 09:12 PM
Hev is the key to Mullen's success. He's the brains behind everything. Mullen u are shit without Hev.

You are so right. When Ole Miss has to fire Freeze over these recruiting issues, I sure hope they don't come after Hevesy. Hevesy in Oxford would produce multiple national championships and destroy our program.

Bass Chaser
04-30-2016, 10:09 PM
You seriously have to ask? "Yeah kid, go to State if you want. Just remember, they haven't produced an NFL OL under their OL coach. I've produced several. Have a great time in Starkville!"

If we take that line of thought then look at WR and QBs.

CadaverDawg
04-30-2016, 11:56 PM
You are so right. When Ole Miss has to fire Freeze over these recruiting issues, I sure hope they don't come after Hevesy. Hevesy in Oxford would produce multiple national championships and destroy our program.

That is so odd to read, it's hilarious.

miketice
05-01-2016, 09:31 AM
My thoughts exactly ( The guy beating the dead horse I'm referring to). Jesus man (C34) no one gives a F

mic
05-01-2016, 11:33 AM
My thoughts exactly ( The guy beating the dead horse I'm referring to). Jesus man (C34) no one gives a F

We should.
And Hevesy should be ****ing embarrassed. It's year 8.
it pisses me off every time a non 5 power school has a OL drafted.
Shit Mizzu had 2 drafted.

miketice
05-01-2016, 12:04 PM
We should.
And Hevesy should be ****ing embarrassed. It's year 8.
it pisses me off every time a non 5 power school has a OL drafted.
Shit Mizzu had 2 drafted.

Hard for me to get upset with our 3 greatest offenses in history.

Coach34
05-01-2016, 12:17 PM

All schools are producing their greatest offenses in school history. It's an offensive revolution right now

HoopsDawg
05-01-2016, 01:32 PM

12 game schedules and tempo offenses Ms Hev.

ScoobaDawg
05-01-2016, 01:48 PM
And it doesn't matter this is the deadest horse we can talk about...
Hev is Mullen's guy. Hev isnt going anywhere unless he gets hired to be a HC or Mullen moves on.
Mullen won't move on and or Hev won't get to be a HC unless we win a West title at least.

So goes the circle of life at MSU. We have upgraded and are doing better than ever before but can't take the next step to beat Bama, LSU, and Auburn in the same season and make it to Atlanta. And we won't do that without better line play. So We are...MSU.. and are screwed.

mic
05-01-2016, 01:54 PM
And it doesn't matter this is the deadest horse we can talk about...
Hev is Mullen's guy. Hev isnt going anywhere unless he gets hired to be a HC or Mullen moves on.
Mullen won't move on and or Hev won't get to be a HC unless we win a West title at least.

So goes the circle of life at MSU. We have upgraded and are doing better than ever before but can't take the next step to beat Bama, LSU, and Auburn in the same season and make it to Atlanta. And we won't do that without better line play. So We are...MSU.. and are screwed.

We all understand that.. It's not like C34 started the thread Hev Sucks , or Fire Hev .. He was just making a point that a freaking Harvard had an OL get drafted..
And to be honest I thought the same thing as soon as the pick popped up...

state66
05-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Is it that Hevesy is a shit coach or a good OL coach just shit recruiter? I am thinking with the recruiting changes we have made, we should see more talented OL coming in the future. We had some decent offensive lines that we inhereted from croom. Get buckley and sirmon to bring them in, because we know hevesy cant.

War Machine Dawg
05-01-2016, 03:50 PM
All schools are producing their greatest offenses in school history. It's an offensive revolution right now

And every damn rule change continues making it easier for offenses to score. Throw in big hits essentially being outlawed due to the concussion scare tactics, and it's no surprise teams are averaging 450 YPG and 35 PPG almost across the board.

War Machine Dawg
05-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Is it that Hevesy is a shit coach or a good OL coach just shit recruiter? I am thinking with the recruiting changes we have made, we should see more talented OL coming in the future. We had some decent offensive lines that we inhereted from croom. Get buckley and sirmon to bring them in, because we know hevesy cant.

I'd say he's an average to slightly above average OL coach/developer. But he's a mother****ing nuclear DISASTER as a recruiter. No one in their right mind on the OL wants to play to him if they have even marginally equal to better options.

State82
05-01-2016, 04:50 PM
I'd say he's an average to slightly above average OL coach/developer. But he's a mother****ing nuclear DISASTER as a recruiter. No one in their right mind on the OL wants to play to him if they have even marginally equal to better options.

In the immortal words of Laremy Tunsil: "I'd have to say yeah" on this, WMD.