PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here still think Bear should have come out early?

Leroy Jenkins
04-30-2016, 03:14 PM
Still bad advice IMO.

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 03:27 PM
Some agent owes him big time.

But....he took the advice and no one else.

War Machine Dawg
04-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Terrible decision. He's a complete idiot for coming out. But he's the one who has to live with it.

Bothrops
04-30-2016, 03:49 PM
Terrible decision. He's a complete idiot for coming out. But he's the one who has to live with it.

Well..we'll have to live with it for a season, because we are going to need him.

ShotgunDawg
04-30-2016, 03:56 PM
Should the NCAA allow non drafted, underclass players to come back to school?

Seems kind of stupid that they wouldn't have the opportunity to come back.

BoomBoom
04-30-2016, 04:08 PM
Should the NCAA allow non drafted, underclass players to come back to school?

Seems kind of stupid that they wouldn't have the opportunity to come back.

Of course they can come back to school. They just cant play organized ameteur football, as they have declared themselves a professional and sought paid employment for their sport. I dont think that they were not hired changes that they sought it as a professional.

Reason2succeed
04-30-2016, 04:15 PM
Bear has a child he has to feed. You don't want him hitting up Rocky Felker like LT did John Miller do you?

IMissJack
04-30-2016, 04:15 PM
We are going to miss Bear and Benni. Both should have stayed.

RougeDawg
04-30-2016, 04:19 PM
Bear has a child he has to feed. You don't want him hitting up Rocky Felker like LT did John Miller do you?

All the more reason he should've made a more educated well thought out decision than declaring for the draft. Your defense argument proves the prosecutions point. Quick rash decisions are most times the worst one can make, especially when there are others depending on you and your decision making.

Reason2succeed
04-30-2016, 04:31 PM
Another 364 days of not being able to contribute to your child's wellbeing is not a rash decision. You are assuming that he gets faster and drafted higher next year. From his vantage point his speed is his speed and coming back another year and playing with a first time QB isn't likely to raise his draft stock any higher than it already is. Not to mention he could get hurt and get nothing. He came out and he will definitely be in someone's training camp. If he gets signed he will still be making more than most people on this board have ever made in a year.

ShotgunDawg
04-30-2016, 04:38 PM
Well, at least this proves than MSU doesn't pay its players. We are saying that we have two starters who will go undrafted but couldn't afford to come back to school. Sheesh

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 05:07 PM
Another 364 days of not being able to contribute to your child's wellbeing is not a rash decision. You are assuming that he gets faster and drafted higher next year. From his vantage point his speed is his speed and coming back another year and playing with a first time QB isn't likely to raise his draft stock any higher than it already is. Not to mention he could get hurt and get nothing. He came out and he will definitely be in someone's training camp. If he gets signed he will still be making more than most people on this board have ever made in a year.

My, My.

Coach34
04-30-2016, 05:20 PM
Bear will make 80K or so just being on a practice squad. He will make 350-400K if he makes a roster

He didnt want to play college football anymore. That decision was made before we played a game in 2015.

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 05:34 PM

Don't give me that crap. I suspect the child is eating every day.

defiantdog
04-30-2016, 05:44 PM
Bear will make 80K or so just being on a practice squad. He will make 350-400K if he makes a roster

He didnt want to play college football anymore. That decision was made before we played a game in 2015.
What was B. Brown's motivation to leave? I think his decision was worse.

Reason2succeed
04-30-2016, 05:45 PM
Dawgoneyall, it is obvious that you have never been in financial straits and that is good for you but that is not the reality for all of our players. Let's be honest. We want Benni and Bear back for another year for OUR benefit not theirs. If they can hack it in the NFL then they will prove it with a team. $80k as a practice squad player would still be the bread winner for the families that a lot of our players come from. So staying another year is a more difficult decision than you think.

Political Hack
04-30-2016, 05:45 PM

We still got that bet about him catching a regular season pass next year? I don't think we ever named terms... Maybe loser pays the tab at Veranda?

Reason2succeed
04-30-2016, 05:57 PM
With Leo Lewis and Gerry Green on the roster Benni would have been in the way of guys who are more physically gifted.

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 06:08 PM
Dawgoneyall, it is obvious that you have never been in financial straits and that is good for you but that is not the reality for all of our players. Let's be honest. We want Benni and Bear back for another year for OUR benefit not theirs. If they can hack it in the NFL then they will prove it with a team. $80k as a practice squad player would still be the bread winner for the families that a lot of our players come from. So staying another year is a more difficult decision than you think.

Little do you know... I probably grew up more poor than 95% of the people on this board ( and that is no exaggeration) . Went to profession school and was 28-29-30 before I saw the light of day. (Now I do well, very well) When everyone else was out partying at 25 I was studying and watching my finances. I probably know much, much more about that situation that you ever have or ever will. Don't give me that asinine crap.

He made a mistake but it was his decision. But he has the right to make that mistake. But I have very little tolerance for decision made for the here and now....that is part of what is wrong with society...the here and now. He was given very poor advice and took the here and now and it will cost him in the future.

ckDOG
04-30-2016, 06:14 PM
Any chance he can bulk up and play some TE? Dude is a solid blocker. Speed isn't his game but he's got great hands and a knack for getting good position. Seems like there is some money in his future if he can get on a squad and go down that path. In hindsight, making that transition in college would probably been better, but that's past. I still think he has potential - it's all about busting it and landing and the right place right time now

maroonmania
04-30-2016, 06:15 PM

Probably more that he didn't want to go to classes anymore. Understand the need for money but heck, Bear was only on our campus for 3 years and only played football his SR year of HS I think (maybe JR year too). At most he has only played 5 years of organized football. He is still very green.

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 06:18 PM
With Leo Lewis and Gerry Green on the roster Benni would have been in the way of guys who are more physically gifted.

If he gets beat out by player at MSU he has no chance in the NFL. A degree then would have been his path. I just don't get your stuff.

Reason2succeed
04-30-2016, 07:04 PM
If he gets beat out by player at MSU he has no chance in the NFL. A degree then would have been his path. I just don't get your stuff.

I disagree. Benni could be a good backup and play ST in the NFL. He was never going to be an NFL starter. Leo and Gerri Green will be drafted and will likely start in the NFL if things go as planned. And I think he already has his degree.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-30-2016, 08:58 PM
Little do you know... I probably grew up more poor than 95% of the people on this board ( and that is no exaggeration) .

I feel you brother. I told my wife once that I might divorce her just to see what it would be like to have my own bedroom (I was joking about the divorce). Because I've never had my own room in my life. Ever. My kids have their own bedroom and think that is the way it is supposed to be.

archdog
05-01-2016, 12:32 AM
Of course they can come back to school. They just cant play organized ameteur football, as they have declared themselves a professional and sought paid employment for their sport. I dont think that they were not hired changes that they sought it as a professional.

Never stopped the UM signees.

RougeDawg
05-15-2016, 01:05 PM
Refresher Bump

MafiaDawg
05-15-2016, 01:41 PM
The chances of him making a practice squad are pretty small. Going into camp there are really only about 8 true roster spots up for grabs and 8 practice spots. Teams start the preseason with approx 90 players. Do the math.