PDA

View Full Version : So why didn't we just play two 9 inning games starting around 11 AM today?

HSVDawg
04-30-2016, 11:00 AM
I don't really understand the conference rules for rescheduling due to weather. It seems to me that it would be easy for both teams to start earlier for the DH and play full games. Especially considering it's a Saturday (with a full day before classes start back). Also, these two campuses are only 75 miles apart, so travel afterwards shouldn't be a concern.

Homedawg
04-30-2016, 11:26 AM
I don't really understand the conference rules for rescheduling due to weather. It seems to me that it would be easy for both teams to start earlier for the DH and play full games. Especially considering it's a Saturday (with a full day before classes start back). Also, these two campuses are only 75 miles apart, so travel afterwards shouldn't be a concern.
Because it's get away day. Doesn't matter if it's Saturday or not. And rules say on get away day must be 7 innings.
Eta, if we only get one in, we can't play tomorrow either.

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Why not play one 14 inning game and count it twice**

HSVDawg
04-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Because it's get away day. Doesn't matter if it's Saturday or not. And rules say on get away day must be 7 innings.
Eta, if we only get one in, we can't play tomorrow either.

I know that those are the rules. I just don't get why they aren't more flexible for teams that are close proximity or playing on Saturday. To me, the two coaches should be able to agree to a makeup plan for the games, whether that's two seven inning games or two nine inning games or one nine inning game if the makeup has to start later. And if the coaches can't agree, the conference rules for number of make up games and duration allowed based on start time can kick in.

BulldogBear
04-30-2016, 11:39 AM
I know that those are the rules. I just don't get why they aren't more flexible for teams that are close proximity or playing on Saturday. To me, the two coaches should be able to agree to a makeup plan for the games, whether that's two seven inning games or two nine inning games or one nine inning game if the makeup has to start later. And if the coaches can't agree, the conference rules for number of make up games and duration allowed based on start time can kick in.

It's along the lines oF how football players have to be in class Friday after a Thursday night game, no matter that it's three states away. Idiotic. Should be on a case by case basis with some guidelines.

AROB44
04-30-2016, 11:40 AM
Why not play one 14 inning game and count it twice**

Outstanding !!

Coach34
04-30-2016, 11:56 AM
playing 7 innings helps us due to our shitty Game 3 pitching.

bulldogcountry1
04-30-2016, 12:32 PM
Are we even going to get one game in today?

maroonmania
04-30-2016, 03:06 PM
playing 7 innings helps us due to our shitty Game 3 pitching.

No, just allowed Cohen to make his crappy pitching changes that much earlier. Pulls Sexton in the 4th. Freakin' ridiculous.