PDA

View Full Version : Can someone who understands social media more so than me explain

DanDority
04-30-2016, 10:50 AM
What is Tunsil talking about when he says someone hacked his twitter account? Is he saying that, that is not him doing something ILLEGAL? I just don't get what the issue is. Sorry for being ignorant on the issue.

RC3
04-30-2016, 10:52 AM
he is saying someone knew his login info or otherwise gained access to his account, and then posted the video. he is not denying that it is him in the video; only denying that he was the one who posted it

Schultzy
04-30-2016, 10:57 AM
It's kind've like someone sits down at your computer and starts sending out emails without your knowledge. You may have an access code and whoever did this knew it or "hacked" there way to finding out what it was so they could go in there, upload a video, and blast it out.

DanDority
04-30-2016, 11:00 AM
Is this a defensible position? What I mean is can you have a video of yourself shooting someone and someone else "hack" your twitter and you not pay a penalty? Thank you by the way.

RC3
04-30-2016, 11:44 AM
Is this a defensible position? What I mean is can you have a video of yourself shooting someone and someone else "hack" your twitter and you not pay a penalty? Thank you by the way.
he admitted to smoking mj out of the gas mask. to me that is not a big deal. most football players and a large number of college kids use mj. there will be no penalty for LT for a video of him smoking mj; doesnt matter. He is no longer an NCAA athlete. And it is clear that his account was hacked. he obviously did not post the videos and screenshots himself, so it is only logical that someone gained access to his accounts

tireddawg
04-30-2016, 12:07 PM
The person who filmed him smoking could have had the video & not necessarily hacked it.
The screen shots were probably hacked.

Schultzy
04-30-2016, 12:07 PM

Whoever hacked in there could get in trouble for it, but the damage they did cant be undone. The NCAA can use his televised admission of receiving monies from a coach, which was generated from the illegal hack of his text messages.

RougeDawg
04-30-2016, 03:20 PM
How do we know the account was "hacked". Someone could save their passwords on a device or PC, therefore consenting that they will be the only person using the device. Have to read the fine print. When you agree to save your password you consent and agree that you will be the only person using your device and responsible for all actions taken afterward. This is why large corporations do not allow the saving of passwords on their devices and make you change them routinely. The "hacked" term is used very loosely by young individuals. Just like leaving a door wide open and saying someone broke in by simply walking in the door.

ScoobaDawg
04-30-2016, 06:09 PM
How do we know the account was "hacked". Someone could save their passwords on a device or PC, therefore consenting that they will be the only person using the device. Have to read the fine print. When you agree to save your password you consent and agree that you will be the only person using your device and responsible for all actions taken afterward. This is why large corporations do not allow the saving of passwords on their devices and make you change them routinely. The "hacked" term is used very loosely by young individuals. Just like leaving a door wide open and saying someone broke in by simply walking in the door.

Exactly highly doubt he was hacked. He either logged in somewhere and didnt log out or saved a password...or he gave out his password for some reason. Either way he's stupid. Noone brute forced their way into his account.

Liverpooldawg
04-30-2016, 06:12 PM
To me it didn't look like he was at all surprised by it at all. I found that one of the most interesting aspects of the whole thing.

lefty96
04-30-2016, 06:57 PM
Exactly highly doubt he was hacked. He either logged in somewhere and didnt log out or saved a password...or he gave out his password for some reason. Either way he's stupid. Noone brute forced their way into his account.

Exactly. This was a friend or family member with access to a device. Since there are screen grabs of text messages. They had access to an iOS device or computer linked to iCloud.