PDA

View Full Version : Paging IYOK

Dawgfan77
04-30-2016, 10:12 AM
Hearing some rumors on two football grad transfers one WR and possibly one QB. PJ and Rosebowl seems to be very quiet on the subject. What say you??

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-30-2016, 10:15 AM
Why in the hell would we want a QB grad transfer?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-30-2016, 10:16 AM
There was talk that Texas Tech QB Davis Webb had mentioned us as talking to him but I think that was more him than us. He doesn't fit our offense at all & I don't see the need for a grad transfer QB unless Deshawn Watson is graduating this summer & wants to come over.

Concerning the WR, Germane Hopper from Clemson was a name I had heard about a month or so but not sure how serious that is either or if it's someone else.

Statefan
04-30-2016, 10:17 AM
I actually saw this article on ESPN the other day and thought it was weird too

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15388039/colorado-buffaloes-coach-mike-macintyre-confident-davis-webb-honor-commitment-transfer

"Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre said he's confident that former Texas Tech quarterback Davis Webb will keep his commitment to the Buffaloes and join the team as a graduate transfer.

"I talk to Davis Webb basically every day," MacIntyre said Tuesday. "Almost every night. He's told me every time he's definitely coming to Colorado. I don't have any other reason to think why he wouldn't."

Webb, who threw 46 touchdowns over three seasons with Texas Tech, has reportedly been in talks with California, Auburn and Mississippi State. He has already signed a financial aid agreement with Colorado, but the rules allow him to continue to be recruited by other programs.

MacIntyre said that doesn't sit well with him.

"I just don't like the rule," MacIntyre said. "He signed with us. He signed a financial aid agreement. And then everybody else can still recruit him ... and try to manipulate him, which I do not agree with. I think that's wrong. But that's the way the rule is. But I believe he'll still be here at Colorado."

GTHOM
04-30-2016, 10:29 AM
I'd take him if he wants to come hell why not

maroonmania
04-30-2016, 10:38 AM
A big WR would seem to be the priority on a grad transfer if we can get one moreso than a QB.

BulldogBear
04-30-2016, 11:35 AM
A big WR would seem to be the priority on a grad transfer if we can get one moreso than a QB.

This^^^^^

Lumpy Chucklelips
04-30-2016, 11:41 AM
We have open scholly's sitting on the shelf that won't be used this year. They'd only be here the one year. I would say get as many as you could if you think they could help you. If they don't work out, it's not like you lost anything. The scholly would then open up next Feb. for your next signing class.

Dawgfan77
04-30-2016, 11:57 AM
Are we still talking to Epps? With our need for size seems like he is worth the risk unless we move Robertson from TE to WR

HSVDawg
04-30-2016, 12:02 PM
I'd take him if he wants to come hell why not

Agreed. We're going to be at least 5 or 6 schollies short of a full 85 anyways going into next season. No reason not to take the QB if its just a one year deal. Not like we can give the spot to anyone else.