PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Roundball is an idiot

ShotgunDawg
04-30-2016, 09:36 AM
"I have been assured that there is documentation that proves the only monies LT got was through a legal opportunity fund. I have not seen that documentation, but I trust who I spoke to that everything is kosher there."

Hey Chuck, do you seriously believe Ole Miss would document money that Tunsil didn't receive or money under the table. This is spin for idiots who don't think.

TXDawg
04-30-2016, 09:38 AM
I can pretty much guarantee you that if such a document existed, UMiss would've released it first thing Friday morning (if not Thursday night).

BeastMan
04-30-2016, 09:39 AM
If you're wondering how that is being received

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/B2721AB2-D49C-4B6E-8833-ECC099938564.png_zpsaweietat.jpeg

ShotgunDawg
04-30-2016, 09:41 AM
If you're wondering how that is being received

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/B2721AB2-D49C-4B6E-8833-ECC099938564.png_zpsaweietat.jpeg

His statement doesn't make any sense

Bdawg
04-30-2016, 09:43 AM
Good gosh. How stupid can you be. Maybe he did receive some opportunity fund money that's documented. Sure as hell doesn't mean he didn't receive other "undocumented" funds(mama's rent etc.) How can they even put that crap out there.

ShotgunDawg
04-30-2016, 09:44 AM
Here's what he should have said

"I have been assured that there is documentation that proves the only DOCUMENTED monies LT got was through a legal opportunity fund. I have not seen that documentation, but I trust who I spoke to that everything is kosher there."

BeastMan
04-30-2016, 09:44 AM
People have to start understanding the business side of fan site reporting. It doesn't matter if what Chuck reports is true or not. As long as rebel fans like what he says, they stay subscribed. The "better" his info for rebel ears, the more rebel fans will subscribe to his site. End of the day, he profits for giving that type of reporting. Don't think Steve hasn't seen a spike in scrips since he started covering the OM NCAA stuff. Main difference is who's been right and who's been wrong but end of the day if it sells scrips, it's in their best interest financially.

ShotgunDawg
04-30-2016, 09:49 AM
People have to start understanding the business side of fan site reporting. It doesn't matter if what Chuck reports is true or not. As long as rebel fans like what he says, they stay subscribed. The "better" his info for rebel ears, the more rebel fans will subscribe to his site. End of the day, he profits for giving that type of reporting. Don't think Steve hasn't seen a spike in scrips since he started covering the OM NCAA stuff. Main difference is who's been right and who's been wrong but end of the day if it sells scrips, it's in their best interest financially.

Completely agree.

Either way, the NCAA will punish OM for what they think they did, not what they can prove

BeastMan
04-30-2016, 09:50 AM
In light of the fact that his reporting is great for business, Chuck might not be right but he's not an idiot. The sooner fans look at these guy like pundits for Fox or MSNBC, the quicker they understand this game.

ShotgunDawg
04-30-2016, 09:52 AM
In light of the fact that his reporting is great for business, Chuck might not be right but he's not an idiot. The sooner fans look at these guy like pundits for Fox or MSNBC, the quicker they understand this game.

Beast. Everyone gets this. We just don't want OM controlling the narrative with irrelevant crap

Percho
04-30-2016, 10:01 AM
Good gosh. How stupid can you be. Maybe he did receive some opportunity fund money that's documented. Sure as hell doesn't mean he didn't receive other "undocumented" funds(mama's rent etc.) How can they even put that crap out there.

For: Momma's letrict bill $305.00

BeastMan
04-30-2016, 10:03 AM
Beast. Everyone gets this. We just don't want OM controlling the narrative with irrelevant crap

Oh I get it. Who do you think in the real media, outside of Brando & Sallee, believe that? Literally everyone is destroying OM and the narrative. ESPN Sportscenter led with it. Mike and Mike drilled it. Stugotz wore a gas mask on air. Jim Rome ain't buying. Clay Travis is eviscerating OM. Pat Forde ain't buying. Bomani Jones killed it on his Twitter. Dan Wolken is slamming them daily. No one is controlling any narrative. Sometimes you just have to let a guy with a shovel continue to dig instead of yelling at him.

This is Gary Parrish & Dan Wolken discussing it yesterday, specifically Chuck's post. Tell me about how that narrative is working out? http://media.espn929.com/device/mobile/a/114950148/gary-parrish-show-friday-april-29-2016-hour-1-w-usa-today-s-dan-wolken-in-seg-2.htm?

smootness
04-30-2016, 10:06 AM
Tunsil said he made a mistake. You can't explain that away by saying he got legal funds. It makes no sense.

Harrydawg
04-30-2016, 10:08 AM
Chuck is nothing but a spin doctor, he'll never tell like it is......he reports what he's told to.

Also, UM people are pissed a Neal McReady for asking Tunsil those point blank questions. Pissed.

I really think Neal fully expected Tunsil to take the question and deny it but it back fired big time

BeastMan
04-30-2016, 10:13 AM
Chuck is nothing but a spin doctor, he'll never tell like it is......he reports what he's told to.

Also, UM people are pissed a Neal McReady for asking Tunsil those point blank questions. Pissed.

I really think Neal fully expected Tunsil to take the question and deny it but it back fired big time

Listen to Neal's podcast and he explains the thought process and he's 100% correct. It was a critical question and he had another critical follow up before Tunsil got pulled. The question gave Tunsil the chance to to quiete everything. All he had to say was, "I never revieved money & the Instagram pics are fake". Bam, done over. Instead, he says he made a mistake and a coach gave him money. Neal also says he did not look confused. Neal was giving Tunsil the chance to clear everything up and the answer is what was shocking. Not the question.

Coach34
04-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Here's the problem:

1. You cant use that fund to pay family utilities. So no- there is no documentation for that. None

2. As Parrish pointed out- the texts show that this was a common occurrence- not a one-time deal. There were mentions of multiple payments- not a one-time "help me"

BulldogBear
04-30-2016, 10:15 AM

With this it may be one of those cases where one meets one's destiny on the the road they take to try to avoid it.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2016, 10:17 AM

Chuck isn't a journalist, he is a PR person for UM. He just doesn't get directly paid by UM.

miketice
04-30-2016, 10:37 AM
Oh I get it. Who do you think in the real media, outside of Brando & Sallee, believe that? Literally everyone is destroying OM and the narrative. ESPN Sportscenter led with it. Mike and Mike drilled it. Stugotz wore a gas mask on air. Jim Rome ain't buying. Clay Travis is eviscerating OM. Pat Forde ain't buying. Bomani Jones killed it on his Twitter. Dan Wolken is slamming them daily. No one is controlling any narrative. Sometimes you just have to let a guy with a shovel continue to dig instead of yelling at him.

This is Gary Parrish & Dan Wolken discussing it yesterday, specifically Chuck's post. Tell me about how that narrative is working out? http://media.espn929.com/device/mobile/a/114950148/gary-parrish-show-friday-april-29-2016-hour-1-w-usa-today-s-dan-wolken-in-seg-2.htm?

Yeah these two get it. I agree Chuck is just digging himself in stupid deep

maroonmania
04-30-2016, 10:43 AM
Ironic on the "takes a rumor and runs with it" comment on Rosebowl given the only solid sources on this UNM NCAA mess has been Rosie and this board. Sure hasn't been ole Chuckie who always totes the party line.

LC Dawg
04-30-2016, 11:00 AM
So is Chuck confirming that Ole Miss is confirming the texts are legit? I know Tunsil admitted it but I am surprised Ole Miss is admitting it. I guess they have decided their only defense is to say the payments are legit or that there was some confusion as to what the fund covered. I have been thinking that the silence from Oxford has been pretty damning but the little bit of info coming from them is actually better than silence. I have always been familiar with their delusion but I have to say I have been surprised at the amount of Ole Miss fans that I have talked to since yesterday that still think there is nothing to all of this.

Coach34
04-30-2016, 11:13 AM
I have always been familiar with their delusion but I have to say I have been surprised at the amount of Ole Miss fans that I have talked to since yesterday that still think there is nothing to all of this.

The whole world is wrong- OM is right. Didnt you know?

Bothrops
04-30-2016, 01:34 PM
"I have been assured that there is documentation that proves the only monies LT got was through a legal opportunity fund. I have not seen that documentation, but I trust who I spoke to that everything is kosher there."

Hey Chuck, do you seriously believe Ole Miss would document money that Tunsil didn't receive or money under the table. This is spin for idiots who don't think.

Some of these guys are just infatuated with Ole Miss. I guess it's the whores.

RIdog
04-30-2016, 01:41 PM
Some of these guys are just infatuated with Ole Miss. I guess it's the whores.

Hey now , nothing wrong with whores . :)

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 01:42 PM
"Chuck Roundball is an idiot"

And the sun is hot.

Bdawg
04-30-2016, 02:05 PM
For: Momma's letrict bill $305.00
Yep but that can't be opportunity fund stuff. That's why I called it undocumented. And I'm sure there is plenty of it too

parabrave
04-30-2016, 02:30 PM
Now Nafoom is saying that Mangums' dad is the former financial advisor who hacked the account and that this is good for OM and bad for MSU. Are they rhat delusional over there or what.

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 02:47 PM

In light of the fact that his reporting is great for business, Chuck might not be right but he's not an idiot. The sooner fans look at these guy like pundits for Fox or MSNBC, CBS, ABC and especially NBC the quicker they understand this game.

Fixed that for you.

Your're welcome.