PDA

View Full Version : Here is how I think they will spin it

deadheaddawg
04-30-2016, 01:32 AM
They have already leaked the money was from a legit source and legal.....(we all know it wasn't)

Have Tunsil officially say he was confused ...(we know he wasn't, but you can't prove it)

Say the text are from 3 weeks ago. They haven't had time to submit the paperwork to the SEC....the NCAA says "that isn't what the Fund is for".....Ole miss says...." Oh we misunderstood the rule. Don't worry Tunsil will pay the $305 back"

Now Mr. NCAA prove we are lying......unless they can force Mama Tunsil to turn over her water bill (which I can't see how they can) this seems like a decent way to approach it.

I am sure though I am missing something and you good folks will point that out :)

tireddawg
04-30-2016, 01:46 AM
You gotta remember, the NCAA doesn't have to prove anything, only what they believe.
And if they believe he took money from coaches/staff, we'll...

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2016, 06:13 AM
With something like this, the school will be presumed guilty. They will have to prove it. The silence is proof that it isn't just some misunderstanding. If it was they would have came out yesterday.

msstate7
04-30-2016, 06:29 AM
With something like this, the school will be presumed guilty. They will have to prove it. The silence is proof that it isn't just some misunderstanding. If it was they would have came out yesterday.
Yeah, pretty sure the NCAA will request phone records for the 2 coaches. If om doesn't turn them over, om will be presumed guilty

Big4Dawg
04-30-2016, 06:47 AM
Exactly. This isn't court of law. Remember Sidney? They can ask for his mom's bank records.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
04-30-2016, 07:42 AM
The texts show dates in 2015. Think they're much more likely to try to say the messages were fake. I hope they do and then hope the ncaa is able to prove they're real. Lying in investigations usually raises the punishment. That and the massive media attention might be enough to actually make them hand out epic sanctions.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2016, 07:47 AM
The texts show dates in 2015. Think they're much more likely to try to say the messages were fake. I hope they do and then hope the ncaa is able to prove they're real. Lying in investigations usually raises the punishment. That and the massive media attention might be enough to actually make them hand out epic sanctions.

Only problem is Tunsil said they were real. If they were going to say he made a mistake and didn't know what they were talking about he would have cleared that up in his press conference.

shannondawg
04-30-2016, 07:53 AM
How long does it take to basically ask three people? Even shorter if you already know the answer.

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Another piece haven't seen mentioned much is the fact the texts imply he'd been receiving monthly payments, pre agreed upon sum, and surprise amounts. The texts literally expose the systemic institutionalized cheating. Way bigger than just 1 coach/AD paying 1 player $305 just one time.

Everyone was waiting Thursday night for Tunsil to put a clarifying statement... Nothing.

Waiting Friday am for clarifying statement... Nothing

Dolphins press conf waiting for clarification.... Nothing

Awaiting Oportutnity fund paperwork.... Nothing

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2016, 07:58 AM
How long does it take to basically ask three people? Even shorter if you already know the answer.

Hugh Freeze could have stopped everything by the time Treadwell was picked. It wasn't like he couldn't call Miller and find out what money it was referring to. Freeze would have been interviewed again if he hadn't tucked tail and ran.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2016, 08:00 AM
Another piece haven't seen mentioned much is the texts imply he'd been receiving monthly payments, pre agreed upon sum, and surprise amounts. The texts literally expose the systemic institutionalized cheating.

Yeah, the text laying out that he received normal payments basically makes the emergency fund lie not make sense.

Coach34
04-30-2016, 08:00 AM
The NCAA is going to ask for phone records of those 2 people. Then they are going to ask why Tunsil is asking the coaches for money and not the compliance office that handles all that? The NCAA is going to say it appears that this player is very comfortable asking for money and has done it before.

As people have said- the MCAA doesn't have to prove anything. This is another smoking gun and huge for them.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2016, 08:05 AM
The NCAA is going to ask for phone records of those 2 people. Then they are going to ask why Tunsil is asking the coaches for money and not the compliance office that handles all that? The NCAA is going to say it appears that this player is very comfortable asking for money and has done it before.

As people have said- the MCAA doesn't have to prove anything. This is another smoking gun and huge for them.

Not sure if smoking gun is accurate, more like a bomb went off.

SapperDawg
04-30-2016, 08:09 AM
Can we get a vCash thread with an over/under on when the Freezus-crying-like-Swaggart press conference moment is?

RBritt
04-30-2016, 08:15 AM
I remember how they did Sidney for lying about taking a visit. Lord knows what all ole miss has lied about and are hiding. I'm going to a Bear's tonight for dinner and I can't wait to hear what they have to say about the "great Christian man" Hugh Freeze.

JDog13
04-30-2016, 08:18 AM
Yeah, pretty sure the NCAA will request phone records for the 2 coaches. If om doesn't turn them over, om will be presumed guilty

They'll happily turn over the phones assigned to those two coaches. Those messages weren't sent on their primary phone, I promise you.

BulldogBear
04-30-2016, 08:18 AM
Not sure if smoking gun is accurate, more like a bomb went off.

A smoking arm stub where the gun may have been held. Although it seems the gun was a grenade and somebody didn't know you were supposed to throw it.

Network indeed. They pulled the pin and got too enamored with hiw pretty it looked.

Drugs Delaney
04-30-2016, 08:27 AM
Assistance from SAP has to be preapproved by SEC before rendered. If it had been approved it would be out for the world to see Thursday night.

ShotgunDawg
04-30-2016, 08:37 AM
If you want to know how the NCAA will handle the Bearsharks, you need to go listen to the last 10 minutes of the Boneyard yesterday.

In it, Steve explains how he's done a ton of research on the NCAA's 2003 against MSU and was perplexed at why the sanctions weren't equivalent to the actual findings. He couldn't figure out why MSU was hammered when the NCAA only found alleged some minor things against MSU.

So, Steve went to someone on MSU's campus that was involved in that ordeal and asked him why the sanctions were worse than the allegations and the source said, "Well we were guilty of a whole lot more"

And that my friends is how the NCAA will handle the Bearsharks. What is in the NOA is what the NCAA can prove, but, when it comes to sanctions, what is in the NOA is almost irrelevant compared to what the NCAA thinks Ole Miss is guilty of.

Ole Miss is about to bend over and pick up the soap

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2016, 08:41 AM
If you want to know how the NCAA will handle the Bearsharks, you need to go listen to the last 10 minutes of the Boneyard yesterday.

In it, Steve explains how he's done a ton of research on the NCAA's 2003 against MSU and was perplexed at why the sanctions weren't equivalent to the actual findings. He couldn't figure out why MSU was hammered when the NCAA only found alleged some minor things against MSU.

So, Steve went to someone on MSU's campus that was involved in that ordeal and asked him why the sanctions were worse than the allegations and the source said, "Well we were guilty of a whole lot more"

And that my friends is how the NCAA will handle the Bearsharks. What is in the NOA is what the NCAA can prove, but, when it comes to sanctions, what is in the NOA is almost irrelevant compared to what the NCAA thinks Ole Miss is guilty of.

Ole Miss is about to bend over and pick up the soap

From your keyboard to God's ear.

PassInterference
04-30-2016, 08:42 AM
Here's the spin - https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-ncaa-has-nothing-on-laremy-tunsil-and-ole-miss-unless-they-cooperate

Some of it is predictable.

1) Tunsil helped Ole Miss bring in $87 million last year and deserves for Ole Miss to pay his utility bills.

2) On-video admissions are not admissible. They don't count unless the NCAA talks to those parties and those parties cooperate. Tunsil is commenting which means he isn't cooperating.

3) Ole Miss can lie if they need to.

See how they make up the rules and harp on a false premise?

1) Just assume what ought to be right & go with it.

2) Claim video evidence doesn't count. Why? It's just too damning. So it can't count.

3) Lie becsuse it's all they have left.

What the hell is vice.com? OM is reaching far and wide to find writers that will put out this bullshit.

dawgoneyall
04-30-2016, 08:47 AM
I remember how they did Sidney for lying about taking a visit. Lord knows what all ole miss has lied about and are hiding. I'm going to a Bear's tonight for dinner and I can't wait to hear what they have to say about the "great Christian man" Hugh Freeze.

I heard this from a non-bearshark fan (more a bammer fan) how they admired Freeze's character compared to Mullen's character. I pointed out a couple of things that a fine christian man would not do.

Reason2succeed
04-30-2016, 09:08 AM
Here's the spin

What the hell is vice.com? OM is reaching far and wide to find writers that will put out this bullshit.

The "journalist" that come from that campus are espcially gifted at throwing shat against the wall and hoping it sticks. I guess we shouldn't be surprised because their entire culture is based on false appearance, lying, name dropping, spinning, cheating, and doing whatever it takes to get an unfair advantage.

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-30-2016, 09:09 AM
Here's the spin - https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-ncaa-has-nothing-on-laremy-tunsil-and-ole-miss-unless-they-cooperate

Some of it is predictable.

1) Tunsil helped Ole Miss bring in $87 million last year and deserves for Ole Miss to pay his utility bills.

2) On-video admissions are not admissible. They don't count unless the NCAA talks to those parties and those parties cooperate. Tunsil is commenting which means he isn't cooperating.

3) Ole Miss can lie if they need to.

See how they make up the rules and harp on a false premise?

1) Just assume what ought to be right & go with it.

2) Claim video evidence doesn't count. Why? It's just too damning. So it can't count.

3) Lie becsuse it's all they have left.

Read that article earlier and made me sick bc typically enjoy VICE's reporting. VICE started as a HBO documentary series. Now has it's own 24 hour cable channel and staff writers. I've NEVER seen a sports article from them til this one.

Here's what bullshit about that article...

1. NCAA doesnt 't need Tunsils statements. They have his writing in the IG convo. NCAA will just ask for all of Miller's phone and social media acct records to all players regarding payments. Done.

2. Ok lets play like we're idiots and assume an OT single-handedly made OM $87 million. What did the walk-on OT scrub squad get for being LT's whipping boy for 3 years? He getting monthly payments, light bills, rental cars, surprise amounts and rent? **** that.

Reason2succeed
04-30-2016, 09:09 AM
Here's the spin

The "journalist" that come from that campus are espcially gifted at throwing shat against the wall and hoping it sticks. I guess we shouldn't be surprised because their entire culture is based on false appearance, lying, name dropping, spinning, cheating, and doing whatever it takes to get an unfair advantage.

MedDawg
04-30-2016, 09:20 AM

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-30-2016, 09:26 AM
Tunsil was absolutely not confused. Not long before the question was asked if he took money, Tunsil corrected the reporter who was confused. Tunsil clarified that he was talking about the screenshot texts on instagram and not the video on twitter.

He was informed of the IG hack during the ESPNRadio interview 5 min before presser. He wasnt confused. He just flat out had zero time to come up with a story, no advice to not answer those questions, and had to admit bc he didnt know what the hell might be hacked next. It was the perfect storm and it happened live on the biggest football stage possible in the offseason.

ILOATHEBears
04-30-2016, 09:30 AM
[/B]

From your keyboard to God's ear.

They will say they took a "love offering" up at the church for softies mom to pay rent and the money came from the bear players that attended the service. It was all out of love and kindness

DawgHouseUnited
04-30-2016, 10:07 AM
Just a theory, but didn't the Rev dissappear right after this mess hit the fan? I'm thinking he may have found a quiet corner and started going through his phone to delete some things... and then started making some calls to people telling them to do the same.

It's entirely possible that he's been laying low because he's been busy at the office shredder.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2016, 10:10 AM
He was informed of the IG hack during the ESPNRadio interview 5 min before presser. He wasnt confused. He just flat out had zero time to come up with a story, no advice to not answer those questions, and had to admit bc he didnt know what the hell might be hacked next. It was the perfect storm and it happened live on the biggest football stage possible in the offseason.

He was just following on the marching orders of admit it and accept it. I don't think they thought about him owning up to anything but the drug video. His handlers didn't expect them to ask about receiving money from the coaches so he just kept being truthful.

Tbonewannabe
04-30-2016, 10:13 AM
Just a theory, but didn't the Rev dissappear right after this mess hit the fan? I'm thinking he may have found a quiet corner and started going through his phone to delete some things... and then started making some calls to people telling them to do the same.

It's entirely possible that he's been laying low because he's been busy at the office shredder.
I think that is exactly what is happening. They are eliminating evidence and maybe even moving bank accounts. They are also brain storming to make up something. You can tell they are testing the waters with the excuses coming from Chuck. Just trying to find a story that people will say I guess that is possible.

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-30-2016, 12:54 PM
He was just following on the marching orders of admit it and accept it. I don't think they thought about him owning up to anything but the drug video. His handlers didn't expect them to ask about receiving money from the coaches so he just kept being truthful.

This is EXACTLY what I told my wife while it was happening. The only advice he got was "just admit it was a mistake", but that was for the bong vid. His handlers had no idea the media was waiting to pounce in the next room with impermissible benefits questions.