PDA

View Full Version : How are NCAA Penalties determined

Reason2succeed
04-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Is there a schedule or list of what penalties are inccured for certain infractions or does the committee determine the penalties arbitrarily? I pray that there is a fixed penalty system because if there is then the penalties will mount quickly and end in OM's athletic department being reduced to rubble. They will be playing intramural football at VHS on Saturday afternoons.

Really Clark?
04-29-2016, 06:48 PM
This will give you an idea of the penalty structures

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Att2_Penalty%2BGuideline%2BMatrix%2B(Version%2B6)_ 101212.pdf

dogshiek
04-29-2016, 07:09 PM
This will give you an idea of the penalty structures

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Att2_Penalty%2BGuideline%2BMatrix%2B(Version%2B6)_ 101212.pdf

Magic 8 ball******

Reason2succeed
04-29-2016, 07:16 PM
They're screwed! Thanks for the info RC?

Reason2succeed
04-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Aggravation, in law, is "any circumstance attending the commission of a crime or tort which increases its guilt or enormity or adds to its injurious consequences, but which is above and beyond the essential constituents of the crime or tort itself."[1]
Per Wiki
"Aggravated assault, for example, is usually differentiated from simple assault by the offender's intent (e.g., to murder or to rape), the extent of injury to the victim, or the use of a deadly weapon. An aggravating circumstance is a kind of attendant circumstance and the opposite of an extenuating or mitigating circumstance, which decreases guilt.

The antonym of aggravation is mitigation."

Since OM has not been forthcoming and has fought all allegations shouldn't we assume that the NCAA will see these as aggravated cases of inducements and academic fraud?

Also, RC? do you have a key that tells what the colors mean? Thanks

DancingRabbit
04-29-2016, 07:30 PM
Lying = aggravation and I suspect last night's revelations uncovered some lying by Ross and Hugh.

Really Clark?
04-29-2016, 07:36 PM
i think the different colors are just for the different type of penalty listed in the 3rd column.