PDA

View Full Version : Hearing about Shea Patterson...

PassInterference
04-29-2016, 05:54 PM
A coworker from Shreveport is telling me that the Pattersons feel that Shea is a 3-year college player with an NFL future and that they don't want probation to diminish his future. Says they are looking at options to transfer.

Reason2succeed
04-29-2016, 05:55 PM
And it begins!

Jack Lambert
04-29-2016, 05:57 PM
Who knows the NCAA might let all of them transfer.

ShotgunDawg
04-29-2016, 05:57 PM
Meh, his brother is still employed and, if the staff gets fired, the brother would need Shea as leverage to be retained

ShotgunDawg
04-29-2016, 05:59 PM
Who knows the NCAA might let all of them transfer.

This is the thing though, the NCAA has to expedite this thing if they are going to get it right. Ole Miss' fake football team can't be allowed to compete for a championship or bowl game next year. It would be a mockery

mic
04-29-2016, 06:01 PM
This is the thing though, the NCAA has to expedite this thing if they are going to get it right. Ole Miss' fake football team can't be allowed to compete for a championship or bowl game next year. It would be a mockery

They aren't and weren't going to compete for a championship next year anyway...

RichardHarrow
04-29-2016, 06:01 PM
Meh, his brother is still employed and, if the staff gets fired, the brother would need Shea as leverage to be retained

The other side of that coin....... The brother is already looking for a new job and is using Shea and his transfer as leverage to get one, a mutually beneficial package deal.

BeardoMSU
04-29-2016, 06:02 PM
I don't buy it. He's already enrolled, and for that to be true, he'd have to transfer before this fall, which means the shit will have to hit the fan in the next month or so. That ain't gonna happen. OM still may get slammed, but I anticipate it continues to drag out.

ShotgunDawg
04-29-2016, 06:02 PM
They aren't and weren't going to compete for a championship next year anyway...

Agree, but the NCAA needs to expedite this quickly and make this right. They need to do something in the next month

Jack Lambert
04-29-2016, 06:03 PM

One thing to remember the it's not what the NCAA can prove it's what the think and if they think the current class took money they might just say **** um and make them sleep in the bed they hopped in.

ShotgunDawg
04-29-2016, 06:03 PM
I don't buy it. He's already enrolled, and for that to be true, he'd have to transfer before this fall, which means the shit will have to hit the fan in the next month or so. That ain't gonna happen. OM still may get slammed, but I anticipate it continues to drag out.

Agree, but this is the problem. This matter requires urgency by the NCAA

BeardoMSU
04-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Agree, but this is the problem. This matter requires urgency by the NCAA

You're not going to get urgency from the NCAA, though. The only thing that may require urgency, however, is a move on OM's part to show a good faith action (in an attempt to soften the blow), like a coach stepping down, or something like that.

PassInterference
04-29-2016, 06:08 PM

There are millions at stake. Better to go into a good situation than to bet your future on playing well through heavy sanctions.

Coach34
04-29-2016, 06:09 PM
Let me check around

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-29-2016, 06:13 PM
The other side of that coin....... The brother is already looking for a new job and is using Shea and his transfer as leverage to get one, a mutually beneficial package deal.

Plus if Shea received any impermissible benefits during recruitment big brother coach has the goods on OM as leverage.

JoseBrown
04-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Let me check around

See if they will part with an oline man or two while you're checking.***

BeastMan
04-29-2016, 06:19 PM
https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1380238785ra/681564.gif

JDog13
04-29-2016, 06:23 PM
I heard big brother was interviewed about "electric bills"

Bucky Dog
04-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Let us not forget the Machine Gun Kelly could have entered the draft this year! He's got to be kicking himself in the ass right now!!!

DeputyDawg94
04-29-2016, 06:38 PM
I soooooo hope this is true! Wonder if transfers would be limited to the 2016 class?

BeastMan
04-29-2016, 06:39 PM
If this rumor came to fruition it would be a death blow to the program. That is worst case scenario no question. Since he was an EE I imagine that would make a transfer more difficult

Liverpooldawg
04-29-2016, 06:39 PM
The NCAA does nothing in a hurry. Now that the media is on this it might hurt them more for it to drag out. Let the media ruin a class or two for them and THEN let the NCAA drop the hammer.

Bothrops
04-29-2016, 07:03 PM
It depends if he wants to play for someone other than Hugh. Hugh won't be around.

RealHastings
04-29-2016, 07:46 PM
Meh. I don't know if I'm buying it. I could definitely see him wanting to get out now, just not convinced word would be making its way around so fast. If he's smart he'll definitely get himself and his brother the hell outta there as fast as possible. But either way it wont matter much imo. I've said it all long- he's a great high school qb with a skillset that will not translate well into the SEC (too small, not enough mobility, arm strength, etc.)

Reason2succeed
04-29-2016, 07:49 PM
Some of these guys may just transfer anyway and chalk it up to redshirting.