PDA

View Full Version : @TexasKickoff - This is OUR chance !

slickdawg
08-17-2013, 01:31 PM
How often do we open the season in an elite NFL climate controlled stadium? Reliant Stadium sports the largest HD video screens in the world, and the first regular season game played at Reliant Stadium with these new HD screens will be Mississippi State and Oklahoma State.

We will be getting a lot of NATIONAL attention for this game - Big XII vs. SEC - these early out of conference tough games draw a lot more television viewers and national interest than opening against a team we should beat by 50.

Which SEC teams can you recall being selected for this type of exciting season opener? Alabama or LSU, and occasionally Auburn, Florida or Georgia. That's pretty elite company for us to be selected from. What do these early season contests look for? Good teams that will play a competitive game, and a strong showing from their fan base that will fill the stadium up. Our fan base is one of the best in the country! We've sold out Davis Wade Stadium four straight years and we are expanding DWS to over 61000 seats to open the 2014 season. Speaking of the renovated DWS, since we've already set our 2014 season opener in stone against USM, RIGHT NOW IS OUR CHANCE to make a strong impression with the powers that be so that we may be selected for one of these premium season opening games in the future.

We need to do OUR part - if you haven't already bought tickets to the Advocare Texas Kickoff, then now is the time to act! You can click on the banner ad at elitedawgs.com to purchase your tickets today! Be in Houston, represent OUR state and lets all FIGHT for Mississippi State and win that game!!

CadaverDawg
08-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Can't wait to head to Houston. Gonna be a blast

FlabLoser
08-17-2013, 01:52 PM
In taking the family. Looking forward to Reliant and the game. And the NASA space museum as well.

And some damn good Mexican food.

Pollodawg
08-17-2013, 01:53 PM
I am as excited about this game as I can remember having been in a while.

ScoobaDawg
08-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Can't wait to be there. So thankful the gf and I will be there. CAN'T wait to part of the day when we make OUR STATEment to start the new season

TheRef
08-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Agreed. I wish I could go. I'm going to be neck deep in Meteorology courses at that point. But you can bet your butt that I will be cheering from Starkville with cowbell in hand. For those of you who knew me from BDJ back in the day, this is ann63. I'm baaaaaack

elitedawgs
08-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Agreed. I wish I could go. I'm going to be neck deep in Meteorology courses at that point. But you can bet your butt that I will be cheering from Starkville with cowbell in hand. For those of you who knew me from BDJ back in the day, this is ann63. I'm baaaaaack

Welcome to Elitedawgs! We welcome all that support the Maroon & White !!

TaleofTwoDogs
08-17-2013, 02:59 PM
The wife and I will be there. Unfortunately, I went to Stillwater and saw us get skulldragged by OSU. Hoping for a good game and a dawg victory!

missouridawg
08-17-2013, 03:07 PM
And some damn good Mexican food.

Pappasitos or El Tiempo. Don't waste your time with Ninfa's. Take it from a Houston resident.

PassInterference
08-17-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm in.

slickdawg
08-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Pappasitos or El Tiempo. Don't waste your time with Ninfa's. Take it from a Houston resident.

You'll never eat a bad meal at Pappasito's - by far the best TexMex to be had.

LeakyD
08-17-2013, 06:17 PM
I've been to Houston one time in my life. I saw the Steelers and Oilers play in 1992 at the Astrodome. I watched State handle Texas in Austin the day before. I'm looking forward to another great showing in Texas.

Belegal
08-17-2013, 07:21 PM
How good is the NASA museum?

Schultzy
08-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Just got back from Houston and they took us to Papasitos, I recommend it as well. That family also owns a seafood restaurant there so if you're staying two nights go there too but can't remember the name of it.
Winning that game would be huge!

CadaverDawg
08-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Just got back from Houston and they took us to Papasitos, I recommend it as well. That family also owns a seafood restaurant there so if you're staying two nights go there too but can't remember the name of it.
Winning that game would be huge!

Is it Papadeaux's? Or something like that? I think I remember eating at an awesome seafood place in Houston when I was younger and Im thinking that was it.

MemphisDawg
08-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Yea that is correct.

They also have a BBQ place and I think a Streak place. All have Pappa in the name. I had the shrimp and grits at PappaDeaux.

FlabLoser
08-17-2013, 11:07 PM
I have been to Papadeaux (cajun seafood) and Papasito's (Mexican) and both a fantastic. Both have locations in the DFW airport, so I always love it when I have a layover there. I get great food or a I get margarita'd up to sleep on the plane.

missouridawg
08-18-2013, 08:11 AM
The Landry family owns all of the Pappa restaurants. And pretty much ever other restaurant in Houston too. Pappasitos BBQ is pretty average. I don't do seafood so can't comment on Pappadeuxs.

For BBQ, go to Rudy's. Pulled pork is off the chain.

If Anyone is needing a more local restaurant suggestion, let me know. The wife and I eat out a lot

missouridawg
08-18-2013, 08:13 AM
How good is the NASA museum?

Never Ben. Lived about 2 miles from it for 7 months and never made it.

If you have kids, the children's museum is unreal. Take them. It's by Herman park too, so you can walk around the park or ride the train before it get too hot outside.

Goat Holder
08-18-2013, 08:28 AM
How many MSU alumni are there in the Houston metro area? Just out of curiosity.

I bet we could sell our whole allotment of tickets by with just fans in East Texas. And maybe Louisiana.

FlabLoser
08-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Back to the thread title - Flabloser approves of our chance.

SheltonChoked
08-18-2013, 10:53 AM
This is not right. The Pappas family owns the Pappas chain. Very consistent solid food over all the restaurants.

Skip Pappas BBQ. And Rudy's pulled pork is cooked in a crockpot.