PDA

View Full Version : Spin Machine Has Started

ScreenCaptureThis
04-29-2016, 01:46 PM
Apparently the "everything looks like it'll be ok" line has started.

One of the many gems: "The NCAA manual says 'The Student Assistance Fund is intended to provide direct benefits to student-athletes or their families as determined by conference offices. As a guiding principal the fund shall be used to assist student-athletes in meeting financial needs that arise in conjunction with participation in intercollegiate athletics.?

This is a wonderful time to have a good internet connection!

http://insideolemisssports.com/2016/04/29/tunsil-comments-and-the-ncaa-student-assistance-fund/

--Please excuse the repeat post if this is buried somewhere in the 3000 threads over the last 18 hours.--

Bodaski
04-29-2016, 01:59 PM
Well, well they tried that move with the "emergency fund". So if we all were to buy that crap, then how do you explain the part where Miller said, " he thought everyone had agreed on a amount". Now you can't have it both ways Parrish. Which lie are we to believe?

Really Clark?
04-29-2016, 01:59 PM
Except the conference offices haven't spoken or produced a copy of the paper work today. You would think that would have been taken care of first thing this morning. And helping pay for parents bills is not a legitimate reason to receive any of these funds. The more likely scenario is all of this "help for the electric bill" is code speak to try and cover up Pay for play to the atheletes. LT asking for more money than his normal payment that had been agreed upon and Miller not liking he is requesting more money on top what he had already been given that month.

Mjoelner34
04-29-2016, 02:05 PM
Except the conference offices haven't spoken or produced a copy of the paper work today. You would think that would have been taken care of first thing this morning. And helping pay for parents bills is not a legitimate reason to receive any of these funds. The more likely scenario is all of this "help for the electric bill" is code speak to try and cover up Pay for play to the atheletes. LT asking for more money than his normal payment that had been agreed upon and Miller not liking he is requesting more money on top what he had already been given that month.

Exactly! If this was above boards, the CL would have had copies of the paperwork filled out by Tunsil this morning. Where's the paperwork Bdork? I bet your staff is still busy typing up some BS form and wondering how much its going to cost you to have Tunsil sign it and back date it. Right?

Homedawg
04-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Well, well they tried that move with the "emergency fund". So if we all were to buy that crap, then how do you explain the part where Miller said, " he thought everyone had agreed on a amount". Now you can't have it both ways Parrish. Which lie are we to believe?

His mom can't pay her electric bill doesn't constitute as an emergency any damn way. Keep trying boys. Keep trying.

Tbonewannabe
04-29-2016, 02:28 PM
If this was true Hugh would have been on ESPN last night beside Tunsil talking about how the question was misunderstood and he meant the emergency fund. This angle was thought up over the last 12 or so hours. They were looking for any loop hole possible. You didn't see Hugh out there with Treadwell or Kimdeechee. He was holed up somewhere going over how to spin this. Sexton is also Hugh's agent so he stands to lose 10% of 4 million ($400,000) per year if Freeze gets a show clause.

DancingRabbit
04-29-2016, 02:56 PM
This is going to raise some eyebrows about coaches funneling players to their own agent.

Does Sexton help Hugh re-stock the lake?

http://i.imgur.com/yEM76.jpg

mic
04-29-2016, 03:20 PM
They can't just shut the **** up and stay down.... Keep it up....

Martianlander
04-29-2016, 04:01 PM
I'm guessing Freeze and Bjork's lawyers have told them not to say a word without running it past them. The administration may have told them the same thing.

LC Dawg
04-29-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm guessing Freeze and Bjork's lawyers have told them not to say a word without running it past them. The administration may have told them the same thing.

I'm sure this is true and how bad does it look that Ole Miss is being hammered in the media and social media and nobody, absolutely nobody, from Ole Miss is saying a word. There is no way to spin this. It's hilarious.

Tbonewannabe
04-29-2016, 04:25 PM
I'm sure this is true and how bad does it look that Ole Miss is being hammered in the media and social media and nobody, absolutely nobody, from Ole Miss is saying a word. There is no way to spin this. It's hilarious.

It is glorious. They are trying to float that whole Pell Grant bullshit on the back channels hoping it gets traction. I don't think anybody is biting on it.

Really Clark?
04-29-2016, 04:30 PM

Yep. In less than 12 hours Freeze and LT was having a press conference about him defending his mother against the abusive step-dad to get ahead of the story. So far today, crickets. Although if they follow script like they have done in the past, something may come out after 5 today.

DancingRabbit
04-29-2016, 04:37 PM
Just saw this tweet -

Jon Meoli Verified account
‏@JonMeoli

Buck Showalter, a big Miss. St guy, feels a certain kind of way about the Ole Miss problems yesterday. "It's a great world."