PDA

View Full Version : Is Luke Alexander injured or not?

SouthMsDawg
04-29-2016, 10:46 AM
The last we saw of him was the massive bomb he hit late vs Memphis a couple weeks ago. A buddy of mine claims that Luke hasn't played since due to an injury. Do any of you know what the injury is and how severe it is. With Stovall likely out for a while I was hoping that we could get Alexander's bat back into our lineup with Holland hitting below the Mendoza line in SEC play.

Tbonewannabe
04-29-2016, 10:48 AM
The last we saw of him was the massive bomb he hit late vs Memphis a couple weeks ago. A buddy of mine claims that Luke hasn't played since due to an injury. Do any of you know what the injury is and how severe it is. With Stovall likely out for a while I was hoping that we could get Alexander's bat back into our lineup with Holland hitting below the Mendoza line in SEC play.

It would also help our infield defense by shifting Gridley over to his true position.

Homedawg
04-29-2016, 10:49 AM
Luke had a wrist injury. He re-aggravated it during that Memphis game. I think he's available to help this weekend.

msstate7
04-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Luke had a wrist injury. He re-aggravated it during that Memphis game. I think he's available to help this weekend.

Throwing wrist?

nemsdawg
04-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Throwing wrist?

Right hand. Bothers him to bat from the right side, which is his natural side to hit from, but not so much from the left side. Does not however bother him to throw from what I understand.

msstate7
04-29-2016, 11:33 AM
Right hand. Bothers him to bat from the right side, which is his natural side to hit from, but not so much from the left side. Does not however bother him to throw from what I understand.

Then assuming there's no risk of injuring it worse, I'd play him. We need his defense more than offense at the moment

Taog Redloh
04-29-2016, 11:42 AM
Yes, he's hurt.

nemsdawg
04-29-2016, 11:43 AM
From what I understand he can't further injure the hand. The issue is batting. While he hasn't set the world on fire, neither have any of the other guys playing the MIF positions besides Gridley. Having said that he is probably our best infielder. I think the hesitation is him batting strictly from the left side which is not ideal.

msstate7
04-29-2016, 11:46 AM
From what I understand he can't further injure the hand. The issue is batting. While he hasn't set the world on fire, neither have any of the other guys playing the MIF positions besides Gridley. Having said that he is probably our best infielder. I think the hesitation is him batting strictly from the left side which is not ideal.

If he bats .100, but plays sparkling defense at SS, he's more valuable than our middle infield combo right now. Our left side defensively needs help

War Machine Dawg
04-29-2016, 12:43 PM
Then assuming there's no risk of injuring it worse, I'd play him. We need his defense more than offense at the moment

If he bats .100, but plays sparkling defense at SS, he's more valuable than our middle infield combo right now. Our left side defensively needs help

Exactly. If he can't switch hit, who gives a damn other than Cohen? This is classic overthinking for "matchups" on his part. Alexander's D greatly outweighs his value as a hitter/switch hitter. Our MIF is absolutely screwing our pitching staff right now. If he can bat LH and can't hurt himself any worse, put his ass out there.

BorneDawg
04-29-2016, 01:42 PM
Yes hes hurt but its his glove hand. Hurts him to bat from the right side. Cant further hurt it. Its broke . Took two cat scans to find it. Will prob have off season surgery. Same thing as Collins had I believe....... Is going to try and play thru pain the rest of season. I thought they would have brought him in last night!