PDA

View Full Version : Making Mstate apparel! Need some ELITE ideas!!

pdawg10msu
08-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Im making mstate apparel and would like help! here is what i have? let me know any suggestion you might have!

http://codygriggs.com/apparel.html

sleepy dawg
08-17-2013, 10:46 AM
They're okay. Tyler for president could be a big seller if he really has a break out season. The only one I would wear would be the first one, and I wouldn't wear it often... It would be in my specialty State gear. I really like very simple conservative stuff myself. I would prefer no pictures, with small font, with very little on it, but that's just me.

pdawg10msu
08-17-2013, 10:49 AM
They're okay. Tyler for president could be a big seller if he really has a break out season. The only one I would wear would be the first one, and I wouldn't wear it often... It would be in my specialty State gear. I really like very simple conservative stuff myself. I would prefer no pictures, with small font, with very little on it, but that's just me.

Thanks for the feedback! Any special saying you think would be cool or that you would like?

pdawg10msu
08-17-2013, 01:22 PM
h

pdawg10msu
08-20-2013, 01:23 PM
need some help for a cool perkins shirt

biscuit
08-20-2013, 01:33 PM
I like these styles

http://statevintage.com/collections/mississippi-state[/URL]

curmudgeon
08-20-2013, 01:44 PM
If no one else will say it, the curmudgeon will.

They are horrible. The only one that doesn't just completely suck is the first one, and its already in circulation in maroon/white options.

The second one drives me crazy. "I Be With the Dawgs" makes us look ignorant.

And the third one is just horrid. Awful font, awful picture. Just rip off the Obama logo in Maroon/Gray/White and make it relevant.

</curmudgeon>

Sandman14
08-20-2013, 02:12 PM

They are horrible. The only one that doesn't just completely suck is the first one, and its already in circulation in maroon/white options.

And the third one is just horrid. Awful font, awful picture. Just rip off the Obama logo in Maroon/Gray/White and make it relevant.

</curmudgeon>

cosign

Barking 13
08-20-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm sorry, I kind of like your little diddy for the football team, and the bench mob was relevant / cute, but please, MSU is not hip-hop U...

pdawg10msu
08-20-2013, 02:37 PM

</curmudgeon>
its from the hailstate song there friend, if you would give me ideas instead of complaining this would probably work better

curmudgeon
08-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Don't care where its from, its ignorant.

You wanted an opinion, and I gave you one, and two people agreed. You don't like said opinion, that's fine. But I've learned that wisdom is the thing most lacking in the world, and I would have hated for you to spend a lot of time/money marketing those three shirts, that in my opinion just don't appeal to the vast majority of the MSU fan base.

I also told you why. The first one isn't horrible, but its already out there. I own one. The second one just doesn't make sense, even if it is from a song that I have never heard of. And the third one isn't a bad idea, but the graphic is executed very poorly.

I would consider all three of those statements helpful if I were in your shoes.

pdawg10msu
08-20-2013, 02:50 PM

You wanted an opinion, and I gave you one, and two people agreed. You don't like said opinion, that's fine. But I've learned that wisdom is the thing most lacking in the world, and I would have hated for you to spend a lot of time/money marketing those three shirts, that in my opinion just don't appeal to the vast majority of the MSU fan base.

I also told you why. The first one isn't horrible, but its already out there. I own one. The second one just doesn't make sense, even if it is from a song that I have never heard of. And the third one isn't a bad idea, but the graphic is executed very poorly.

well as the title says im looking for ideas, thanks for the opinion though I do appreicate it, The song is called Hailstate by Cgriggs, Check it out on youtube and its hard to make a portrait of a player on a shirt

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-20-2013, 02:51 PM
If Tyler has a big year I'll consider buying a Tyler for president shirt.

drunkernhelldawg
08-20-2013, 02:51 PM
I thought you couldn't use a player's name or image in that way.

pdawg10msu
08-20-2013, 02:54 PM
I thought you couldn't use a player's name or image in that way.

i spoke with the mstate liscensing lady and she said it was ok, i cant use any logos or like "sec" or "egg bowl" stuff like that without paying 300 dollars to be liscensed

Fader21
08-20-2013, 03:26 PM
I agree. I can't stand the. "I be with my dawgs"

pdawg10msu
08-20-2013, 03:31 PM
I agree. I can't stand the. "I be with my dawgs"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J-CtGm3vps

curmudgeon
08-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Now I get it. Its your song.

I'll order 12.

Just kidding. I hate it. I don't like the song either.

CJDAWG85
08-20-2013, 03:42 PM
If that's the grammar used in the song, then I don't want to hear it.

Examples: The Drunction, or Left Field Lounge

ScoobaDawg
08-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Guys,

If you have suggestion for the shirts related to the song (as this is clearly what he is doing) feel free to discuss...
but no need to slam the song for it's grammar. It's rap... you don't have to listen to it or support it.
But a lot of the students and athletes will..

Pdawg, as others have mentioned MSU uses the #HailState everywhere, so i'm very surprised they gave you permission for that.
The other 2 I'm not a fan of either, but it would be nice to see a Tyler shirt of some kind.

Good luck..and keep Grindin *(Grinding for CJDawg) for our state.

pdawg10msu
08-20-2013, 04:04 PM

I'll order 12.

bro i wish it was my song, my name is peyton, hints the pdawg and his is cody hints the cgriggs

pdawg10msu
08-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Guys,

If you have suggestion for the shirts related to the song (as this is clearly what he is doing) feel free to discuss...
but no need to slam the song for it's grammar. It's rap... you don't have to listen to it or support it.
But a lot of the students and athletes will..

Pdawg, as others have mentioned MSU uses the #HailState everywhere, so i'm very surprised they gave you permission for that.
The other 2 I'm not a fan of either, but it would be nice to see a Tyler shirt of some kind.

Good luck..and keep Grindin *(Grinding for CJDawg) for our state.

Thanks man and if u have any ideas pm me and ill see what i can do

CochiseCowbell
08-20-2013, 04:51 PM

I'll order 12.

Hahaha. I'm not trying to join him and rain on your parade too, but this has me cracking up for some reason. Fits your name to a T, Curmudgeon.

Fader21
08-20-2013, 05:04 PM
I think the song it catchy, but still don't like the shirt to much. I'd save my money for the next true maroon shirt. Or instead put "this is Davis Wade "

pdawg10msu
08-20-2013, 08:33 PM
I think the song it catchy, but still don't like the shirt to much. I'd save my money for the next true maroon shirt. Or instead put "this is Davis Wade "

So like "this is our state" on front and "this is Davis wade" on back? Is that what ur talking bout?

bdfan09
08-20-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm not a fan of rap music, but I dig the song. I'm also ticky about my t-shirts. I don't hate them, but I'm not really in love with them either. I might be interested in helping a fellow bulldog out though.

pdawg10msu
08-20-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm not a fan of rap music, but I dig the song. I'm also ticky about my t-shirts. I don't hate them, but I'm not really in love with them either. I might be interested in helping a fellow bulldog out though.

Thanks man! Ill take all the help I can get! If you have any ideas shoot them over to me

Barking 13
08-21-2013, 07:12 AM
So like "this is our state" on front and "this is Davis wade" on back? Is that what ur talking bout?

there you go... still not a big rap fan, but I can get on board with this...

what about M (state)ayhem

pdawg10msu
08-21-2013, 09:12 AM
there you go... still not a big rap fan, but I can get on board with this...

what about M (state)ayhem

well I cant use the mstate logo without paying 300 dollars to there licensing agent, I plan on doing that soon but probably not this football season

Barking 13
08-21-2013, 09:31 AM
well just go with Mayhem then... or Juice

pdawg10msu
08-21-2013, 09:44 AM
well just go with Mayhem then... or Juice

so what should the shirt actually say?

TheRef
08-21-2013, 09:45 AM
JUICE POINTS!!!!!! Then have a picture of Drew Carey on there from Whose Line Is It Anyway?

pdawg10msu
08-21-2013, 09:50 AM
JUICE POINTS!!!!!! Then have a picture of Drew Carey on there from Whose Line Is It Anyway?

So at the top say "Juice Points" and below have drew carey?

TheRef
08-21-2013, 09:51 AM
I don't know. I'm just throwing ideas out there. I'm not sure people will get the Drew Carey reference but, meh. You roll with it.

pdawg10msu
08-21-2013, 10:01 AM
I don't know. I'm just throwing ideas out there. I'm not sure people will get the Drew Carey reference but, meh. You roll with it.

would u consider buying it if you liked it? lol if one person buys its worth me taking the time to make it, well if one person atleast considers buying it lol

TheRef
08-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Not sure. I'm on a college student budget, AKA Is it necessary to live budget.

pdawg10msu
08-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Not sure. I'm on a college student budget, AKA Is it necessary to live budget.

lol i do understand that, im 21 with a wife and kid, i know about budgets lol

Barking 13
08-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Maroon shirt with white "scratched up" / tattered font Mayhem on the front, "this is our State" on the back.... sold...

Barking 13
08-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Maroon shirt with white "scratched up" / tattered font Mayhem on the front, "this is our State" on the back.... sold...

or HailState

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-21-2013, 10:15 AM

Isn't Sandman 14 the token Ole Miss fan on this board? Of course he's going to agree with you.

pdawg10msu
08-21-2013, 10:17 AM

wonderful idea!! im on it!

pdawg10msu
08-21-2013, 10:21 AM
or HailState

im gonna pm u a pic of what i have and see if this is what ur thinking?

pdawg10msu
08-21-2013, 11:33 AM
ok i have a basic idea, how do i post a pic on here?

pdawg10msu
08-21-2013, 11:36 AM
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=d79fc61df0&view=att&th=140a178f54ef38c4&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_OT7Rj62wfINOKPQys7Wf7&sadet=1377102968889&sads=iYUmz7b1b5nzXXldbBUjQRioxhE

Barking 13
08-21-2013, 01:00 PM
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=d79fc61df0&view=att&th=140a178f54ef38c4&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_OT7Rj62wfINOKPQys7Wf7&sadet=1377102968889&sads=iYUmz7b1b5nzXXldbBUjQRioxhE

red x... replied to PM

pdawg10msu
08-21-2013, 01:20 PM
red x... replied to PM

thanks man, anybody else with ideas?