PDA

View Full Version : So UM has to get a worse punishment than USCw right?

Tbonewannabe
04-29-2016, 08:16 AM
USCw didn't have the coaching staff involved.

Jack Lambert
04-29-2016, 08:22 AM
USCw didn't have the coaching staff involved.

What ole Miss has to worry with is the NCAA giving immunity to these two coaches. These two coaches are caught dead to rights and if they want to coach again they are gong to have to confess.

Tbonewannabe
04-29-2016, 08:55 AM
What ole Miss has to worry with is the NCAA giving immunity to these two coaches. These two coaches are caught dead to rights and if they want to coach again they are gong to have to confess.

Kind of like drug pushers giving up the dealer for a lighter sentence. The only way UM can hope to save themselves is some UM guy gives these coaches cushy jobs for life or just straight paying them off.

Really Clark?
04-29-2016, 08:56 AM
USCw had a coach involved, in the sense that the NCAA believed Todd McNair had knowledge of the violations when they occurred. The NCAA also believed McNair to be a "morally corrupt criminal" and this is what McNair is suing the NCAA over. That they didn't have any evidence other than hearsay that he was involved and the NCAA targeted him. But the NCAA sanctions in the USCw did involve what they believed was a coach, with at minimum, knowledge of numerous flagrant infractions.

Tbonewannabe
04-29-2016, 09:03 AM
USCw had a coach involved, in the sense that the NCAA believed Todd McNair had knowledge of the violations when they occurred. The NCAA also believed McNair to be a "morally corrupt criminal" and this is what McNair is suing the NCAA over. That they didn't have any evidence other than hearsay that he was involved and the NCAA targeted him. But the NCAA sanctions in the USCw did involve what they believed was a coach, with at minimum, knowledge of numerous flagrant infractions.

It is a little bit different that the coach "knew the violations occurred" and "the coach worked on getting another coach to pay the player". McNair wasn't even an accessory to the action, he just might have had knowledge about it. UM has 1 coach who is an accessory to getting the violation to occur and the other coach committing the violation. I think that is exponentially worse.

Really Clark?
04-29-2016, 09:10 AM
It is a little bit different that the coach "knew the violations occurred" and "the coach worked on getting another coach to pay the player". McNair wasn't even an accessory to the action, he just might have had knowledge about it. UM has 1 coach who is an accessory to getting the violation to occur and the other coach committing the violation. I think that is exponentially worse.

Under the NCAA rules, knowledge of an infraction that the coach covers up or doesn't report still makes him involved and open him and the head coach up to show causes. Is it a difference in level between knowledge and actually arranging payments? Yeah I agree, but your original post said that USCw didn't have a coach involved. Todd McNair was involved with infractions. And depending on sources it was just minor knowledge of what was going on to he was a facilitator to multiple infractions with more than one player. The NCAA just couldn't prove how much the amount of his involvement was. But they had a coach involved under NCAA violations.

Tbonewannabe
04-29-2016, 09:14 AM
Under the NCAA rules, knowledge of an infraction that the coach covers up or doesn't report still makes him involved and open him and the head coach up to show causes. Is it a difference in level between knowledge and actually arranging payments? Yeah I agree, but your original post said that USCw didn't have a coach involved. Todd McNair was involved with infractions. And depending on sources it was just minor knowledge of what was going on to he was a facilitator to multiple infractions with more than one player. The NCAA just couldn't prove how much the amount of his involvement was. But they had a coach involved under NCAA violations.

Ok, so USCw penalty should be the baseline for UM maybe? UM gets minimum of what USCw got which is pretty bad.

Reason2succeed
04-29-2016, 09:17 AM
This is WAY worst. Coaches who report to Freeze are negotiating and handing out cash. They have a confession from the player on national television. The NCAA has to bury OM in order to maintain any semblence of order.

starkvegasdawg
04-29-2016, 09:19 AM
Oxford after the NCAA gets through with them after all this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/LondonBombedWWII_full.jpg

Really Clark?
04-29-2016, 09:24 AM
Ok, so USCw penalty should be the baseline for UM maybe? UM gets minimum of what USCw got which is pretty bad.

Ugh. It's so hard to use one schools punishment because of the lack of consistency with the NCAA over the years. Personally, I think they should get the first NOA sanctions handed down as soon as possible and then nuke them with all of the new stuff.

And don't forget what also happened last night. He admitted to something that was occurring before the incident last summer and the NCAA was neck deep in their investigation of the atheletic program. This is some of the same stuff that did in SMU. Getting caught paying for play while being investigated and/or under probation. The NCAA I'm sure have asked the arbitrary, do you have knowledge of other violations that we do not know about, during their staff interviews. The cover up and lies is what will get them hammered. Ask Tressell

Tbonewannabe
04-29-2016, 09:26 AM
Ugh. It's so hard to use one schools punishment because of the lack of consistency with the NCAA over the years. Personally, I think they should get the first NOA sanctions handed down as soon as possible and then nuke them with all of the new stuff.

And don't forget what also happened last night. He admitted to something that was occurring before the incident last summer and the NCAA was neck deep in their investigation of the atheletic program. This is some of the same stuff that did in SMU. Getting caught paying for play while being investigated and/or under probation. The NCAA I'm sure have asked the arbitrary, do you have knowledge of other violations that we do not know about, during their staff interviews. The cover up and lies is what will get them hammered. Ask Tressell

So are we sure there isn't a possibility of the death penalty? That is just me wishing for the moon though.

Mjoelner34
04-29-2016, 09:28 AM

Todd McNair sued the shit out of the NCAA and won too. During the process he was able to get transcripts of the email communications between the investigators in which was stated that while they had no evidence of him being dirty, they KNEW he was dirty so they were going to get him anyway. Xenareb's lover was also part of that investigation.

Really Clark?
04-29-2016, 09:49 AM
Todd McNair sued the shit out of the NCAA and won too. During the process he was able to get transcripts of the email communications between the investigators in which was stated that while they had no evidence of him being dirty, they KNEW he was dirty so they were going to get him anyway. Xenareb's lover was also part of that investigation.

The case hasn't gone to trial yet. What he won was the right for the lawsuit to go to trail. The NCAA tried to get the lawsuit tossed but the courts think that McNair has a chance to prove some part of his lawsuit is correct. They may not even argue all of the allegations are false. But there were some incorrect points in the investigation that his lawyers are arguing along with slander, breach of contract, etc. Most think he will not win the breach of contract part unless they can prove ALL of the allegations against McNair were false. It will be interesting to see how it finally shakes out but it's hasn't even gone to trial yet.

Really Clark?
04-29-2016, 09:54 AM
So are we sure there isn't a possibility of the death penalty? That is just me wishing for the moon though.

I really think they have to get a third major investigation of Level 1 violations before the death penalty can be talked about. I know the death penalty is still used but for a Power 5 football team to get the death penalty in this day and age, I think it has to be more than just pay for play. You need a major scandal along with major violations.

Bothrops
04-29-2016, 10:00 AM
I have to think they end up cleaning house at some point. Yes, it's bad.