PDA

View Full Version : Thought on the text messages

starkvegasdawg
04-29-2016, 06:49 AM
I've seen it mentioned that why in the world would anybody take a screen shot of text messages of a player asking a coach for money. I think Tunsil did it and I think it was a brilliant move on his part and the part of every other player that has been bought and paid for. They screen shot the conversation and if down the road the school or coach does something to piss them off they casually mention they have these texts saved and it would be a shame if the NCAA got those so don't make me mad or I butt text that NCAA rep that has been hanging around.

With no screen shot the coaching staff could say he's just disgruntled and no truth to it and it becomes a he said she said kind of thing. But if the player can produce proof then he knows he has the staff by the short and curlies and the staff knows it, too.

Jack Lambert
04-29-2016, 06:56 AM
I've seen it mentioned that why in the world would anybody take a screen shot of text messages of a player asking a coach for money. I think Tunsil did it and I think it was a brilliant move on his part and the part of every other player that has been bought and paid for. They screen shot the conversation and if down the road the school or coach does something to piss them off they casually mention they have these texts saved and it would be a shame if the NCAA got those so don't make me mad or I butt text that NCAA rep that has been hanging around.

With no screen shot the coaching staff could say he's just disgruntled and no truth to it and it becomes a he said she said kind of thing. But if the player can produce proof then he knows he has the staff by the short and curlies and the staff knows it, too.

I said in another thread that I thought it was all a set up. The fight, the lawsuit everything.

turkish
04-29-2016, 06:58 AM
I personally don't think the texts are real.

BrunswickDawg
04-29-2016, 07:36 AM
I said in another thread that I thought it was all a set up. The fight, the lawsuit everything.

Theory - Freeze was confronted about Tunsil's recruitment shenanigans in late 2014/early 2015. In his zeal to be clean and righteous, he threw Cannon Motors and Tunsil under the bus with the "agents, rouge boosters and cars not OM" line and cuts the Tunsils off. That then leads to all of this being an "I'm going to get you" back and forth between the Tunsils, Cannon, and Freeze/Bjork. I can totally see the bong hit video being done by an OM staffer to hurt Tunsil. You know some GA has his passwords so they can "recruit" from it. Then the Insta posts were actually done by Tunsil as a strike back. Even if this is a black helicopters theory, its a great comeback to any of the BS some of the faithful are spinning as "hacked", "confused", etc.

msstate7
04-29-2016, 07:38 AM

Tunsil disagreed and said so

MarketingBully
04-29-2016, 07:42 AM

They are real. All that stuff was his photos. He ADMITTED to it. What else do you guys need? He literally said all of it was real. When he said "hacked" into his account, he meant someone knew his password and posted pictures that were on his account. This is just amazing. This would be like Cam Newton saying "I took the money" on ESPN. It is that big. The NCAA has all the ammo they need to do what they want to do.

Spiderman
04-29-2016, 07:43 AM

Doesn't matter it they are real or not.

They made Tunsil admit he took money from a coach

FISHDAWG
04-29-2016, 07:44 AM

that is why the "number" kept changing

MarketingBully
04-29-2016, 07:45 AM
This made The Today Show. This is a journalists dream when players admit themselves "yes, I took money."

turkish
04-29-2016, 08:13 AM
Tunsil disagreed and said so
Well, he did and he didn't. I've listened several times. He said something about making a mistake, which makes me think he was still talking about the bong pic. Why would he say taking money was a huge mistake? It was all just so weird and surreal.

Johnson85
04-29-2016, 08:27 AM
Well, he did and he didn't. I've listened several times. He said something about making a mistake, which makes me think he was still talking about the bong pic. Why would he say taking money was a huge mistake? It was all just so weird and surreal.

Did you watch the entire interview? It was clarified that he was talking about the text messages.

louisvilledawg
04-29-2016, 08:47 AM
Did you watch the entire interview? It was clarified that he was talking about the text messages.

Yeah he said the text messages were true. He also said "i'd have to say yeah" in regards to getting money from OM Coaches.

QuadrupleOption
04-29-2016, 08:48 AM

As I said in another thread, I'm absolutely amazed that an associate AD knowingly violated NCAA rules via text message. I mean, if you are going to break the rules you need to take a page from the Mafia and keep everything to conversations only. NEVER record anything, NEVER leave a paper trail. I mean seriously, wtf?

redstickdawg
04-29-2016, 09:19 AM
As I said in another thread, I'm absolutely amazed that an associate AD knowingly violated NCAA rules via text message. I mean, if you are going to break the rules you need to take a page from the Mafia and keep everything to conversations only. NEVER record anything, NEVER leave a paper trail. I mean seriously, wtf?

That is the way that the younger generation communicates today, my 3 kids text primarily and rarely speak on the phone.