PDA

View Full Version : The timestamps on the text messages

deadheaddawg
04-29-2016, 12:08 AM
So the timestamps on the Tunsil text messages are off. Is it pretty much confirmed that it was faked?

QuadrupleOption
04-29-2016, 12:10 AM
No. Text messages sent are not guaranteed to arrive in any particular order, especially if they are sent close together. I've gotten followup texts before initial texts on several occasions. I've also received texts minutes to hours after they were sent. I don't know if the NCAA would have the ability to force the UM coach to hand over phone records (I'm guessing they can apply leverage there) but that's all they'd need to confirm whether or not it was true.

smootness
04-29-2016, 12:14 AM
It is confirmed that it was NOT faked. By Laremy Tunsil. He admitted it happened.

Bubb Rubb
04-29-2016, 12:15 AM
No. Text messages sent are not guaranteed to arrive in any particular order, especially if they are sent close together. I've gotten followup texts before initial texts on several occasions. I've also received texts minutes to hours after they were sent. I don't know if the NCAA would have the ability to force the UM coach to hand over phone records (I'm guessing they can apply leverage there) but that's all they'd need to confirm whether or not it was true.

It doesn't matter. Whether they are fake or not, whether he was confused or not, Tunsil clearly admitted in a live press conference to taking money from a coach. The rest of this is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

It's all over national media. Even their own mouthpieces at the CL and DJ are reporting it. There's a word for that - curtains. Ole Miss football is about to go the way of the rotary phone and the typewriter.

BossDawg
04-29-2016, 12:16 AM
You'd think that if someone went through the trouble of faking all of that, getting the timestamp right would be a priority. I'm sure actual timestamps between two different phones aren't always chronological. The fact remains that Tunsil admitted to taking money from a coach, fake text or not. This stuff Rounsaville is tweeting about is just damage control. Tunsil knew about the picture of the texts and never once even hinted that it could have been fake.

Tunsil knew exactly what the reporter was getting at and Tunsil answered like a man just wanting to come clean at the moment.

Bubb Rubb
04-29-2016, 12:20 AM
You'd think that if someone went through the trouble of faking all of that, getting the timestamp right would be a priority. I'm sure actual timestamps between two different phones aren't always chronological. The fact remains that Tunsil admitted to taking money from a coach, fake text or not. This stuff Rounsaville is tweeting about is just damage control. Tunsil knew about the picture of the texts and never once even hinted that it could have been fake.

Tunsil knew exactly what the reporter was getting at and Tunsil answered like a man just wanting to come clean at the moment.

If he came clean that quickly to a random question at a press conference, how safe is it to assume that he came clean when the NCAA was giving him an anal probe? I wouldn't be surprised if all this stuff is already in the NOA.

Commercecomet24
04-29-2016, 12:20 AM
Driving tonight and listening to NFL radio they are trashing the Bears! It's glorious!

MarketingBully
04-29-2016, 04:22 AM
So the timestamps on the Tunsil text messages are off. Is it pretty much confirmed that it was faked?

Why is an MSU fan questioning this? I really don't understand our fans sometimes.

MarketingBully
04-29-2016, 04:27 AM

Also, one of the reporters even gave him an out and said so the posts were doctored and Tunsil said no they all happened. He admitted all of what was posted happened from smoking weed in a gas mask to getting paid by their coaches.