Hahaha. Brutal

Ole Miss Legend
Rating: 3.9/5 this site
12060 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 11:09 PM

This can be explained. . .

. . . the alleged exchange, if it's real, between John Miller and Laremy Tunsil is perfectly legal and common. There is something known as an "opportunity fund" to help players in financial need. Any money players receive is on a need basis and is part of the opportunity fund. There is also Pell Grant money and federal assistance funds players can apply for in times of need. Miller, Barney Farrar and Tom Luke help players attain these monies by helping them fill out the proper forms. All monies from these funds has to be approved through compliance.

What Tunsil meant by his statement in Chicago, I cannot interpret, but that is one possibility. Also, after the interview/press conference , Tunsil apparently recanted and reportedly said he didn't understand the questions regarding money.

Again, I was not there and did not hear tone or tenor of any of the conversations, so my account of what happened is not first-hand, but I am not going to panic over tonight's happenings.

Jarius
04-28-2016, 11:48 PM
Yea good luck with that chuck

smootness
Yeah, that doesn't explain it...

He said it was a mistake, and the coach in the text message clearly talks about personally covering the costs.

AlmostPositive
That's some museum grade bullshit right there.

You text your coach to get money. For your mother's light bill, no less.

I'm sure the "opportunity fund" caretakers will welcome an audit....

Lumpy Chucklelips
04-28-2016, 11:49 PM
17 chuck. He can spin it 24-7 until they close the lid on his coffin and it won't make a shits difference. These SOB's are going down and I'm gonna have a 17'n stroke and die happy.

AFDawg
04-28-2016, 11:51 PM
I don't think those sorts of funds are for rent or utilities.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/finances/student-athlete-benefits

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/prov/genrel/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/12-compliance-define-saf-saof.pdf

BeardoMSU
04-28-2016, 11:52 PM
Wow....this is all I got for that shit (w/ popcorn, lol)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OZ40fPvhjk

Big4Dawg
04-28-2016, 11:53 PM
So funneling gvt money for pay-to-play. K. Thanks. Got it.

BulldogBear
04-29-2016, 12:10 AM
Hahaha. Brutal

Ole Miss Legend
Rating: 3.9/5 this site
12060 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 11:09 PM

This can be explained. . .

. . . the alleged exchange, if it's real, between John Miller and Laremy Tunsil is perfectly legal and common. There is something known as an "opportunity fund" to help players in financial need. Any money players receive is on a need basis and is part of the opportunity fund. There is also Pell Grant money and federal assistance funds players can apply for in times of need. Miller, Barney Farrar and Tom Luke help players attain these monies by helping them fill out the proper forms. All monies from these funds has to be approved through compliance.

What Tunsil meant by his statement in Chicago, I cannot interpret, but that is one possibility. Also, after the interview/press conference , Tunsil apparently recanted and reportedly said he didn't understand the questions regarding money.

Again, I was not there and did not hear tone or tenor of any of the conversations, so my account of what happened is not first-hand, but I am not going to panic over tonight's happenings.

This is an example of what is known as trying to put the fox back in the henhouse

Maroonthirteen
04-29-2016, 05:57 AM
So funneling gvt money for pay-to-play. K. Thanks. Got it.

I agree. Pell grants are applied for on an individual basis through the school. Or they are by regular students. The STUDENTS (not a teacher, counselor or a coach) receive the funds that are in excess of tuition in the mail to their home address from their university.

If OM fin aid Dept is routing excess funds to asst. Coaches instead of mailing a check to the players parents, I would say that is highly unethical.

messageboardsuperhero
04-29-2016, 06:50 AM
So a player whose family we are supposed to believe is well off enough to pack up and move to a big ass house in Oxford is also eligible for need based pell grants just to feed himself?

Does this nimrod actually believe the things he says?

Homedawg
04-29-2016, 07:13 AM
Credit to chuck, he's held firm and is determined to sink w the ship. Congrats for drowning in the largest ship wreck ever, now over taking the titanic!

starkvegasdawg
04-29-2016, 07:22 AM
What is funny is watching all the bears flock to this and say, "See! We haven't done anything wrong." I wonder how many actually believe that and how many just want to believe that.

louisvilledawg
04-29-2016, 08:50 AM
It's just a coping mechanism