PDA

View Full Version : Things you would like to see renovated/built at Dudy Noble

nemsdawg
08-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Chairbacks down both foul lines and concessions on the inside of the stadium. I don't know if that's possible with the structure that exists already. It is really nice watching a game at a stadium where you don't miss any action while visiting the concessions. Next are urinals with one way glass with a field view so you never miss a thing.**

Political Hack
08-17-2013, 08:12 AM
a club level behind home plate. Premium seats with exclusive concessions, restrooms, liquor lockers, etc...

a deck/club above & behind the LFL that be used as additional seats for big games.

the walkways and road behind the stadium needs to be paved too.

tarps that cover chair backs going down the foul lines when it's a lower attendance game.

messageboardsuperhero
08-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Open concourse and chair backs with good sightlines all the way down the line. Tarps are a good idea for those early non-conference and midweek games.

A tiered porch/deck in the RF corner for students and the RF "Rowdies" (or whatever they're called). They can bring in coolers too without any harassment.

Obviously we are in desperate need of more premium seating, so definitely more skyboxes down the line. A club level could be good behind home plate, as long as those people actually show up so it doesn't look bad on TV.

Better bathroom and concessions, but that sort of goes without saying.

Goat Holder
08-17-2013, 08:37 AM
A tiered porch/deck in the RF corner for students and the RF "Rowdies" (or whatever they're called). They can bring in coolers too without any harassment.

This is the big one for me. Need to get more students in there, one way or the other.

I think premium seating is what will drive the renovations going forward, for sure. One thing you guys that don't go to games need to realize, is that sheer seating capacity is NOT our issue. Any attempts to increase that is just ego, or jealousy of other schools. However, I would be in support of replacing the bleacher capacity with actual chairback capacity, for sure. But these areas still need to be general admission so they get used on a regular basis.

In other words, students, students, students. The kinds that like to watch and not drink, and the kinds that like to drink and not watch. There's room for everyone.

Political Hack
08-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Open concourse and chair backs with good sightlines all the way down the line. Tarps are a good idea for those early non-conference and midweek games.

Obviously we are in desperate need of more premium seating, so definitely more skyboxes down the line. A club level could be good behind home plate, as long as those people actually show up so it doesn't look bad on TV.

Better bathroom and concessions, but that sort of goes without saying.

you have to have premium seating somewhere. if the BDC would just initiate a ticket exchange it would probably work out pretty well by season 2. Also, if you're not in your seats by the end of the 2nd people shild be able to move in until someone shows up with a ticket.

State82
08-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Along these same lines, there has been some discussion as to whether a complete new structure could be built during one off-season. I don't know that anyone would be willing to give up DNF for a whole season while construction takes place and the logistics of such would be very difficult to handle. That being said, Trustmark Park was completed in 11 months and that included the actual playing field, which we would not have to touch. Of course, we would have demolition of the existing structure to consider under such a scenario, but it could conceivably be done under fast track procedures and would probably necessitate almost around the clock work. That would also run costs up significantly. Regardless, it has got to be done. I also realize it is not at the top of the board at this time either. I hate it, but that's just the way it is. Structural design would make a big difference in construction time also. Steel construction would be quicker than concrete frames, and I would assume that a completely new structure would probably incorporate structural steel in the design anyway. Let's do it.

TheRef
08-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Scott Stricklin did say that they are currently in talks of creating a rendering of what the Athletic Department would like to see DNF become soon. He never said when the rendering would be completed but I'm sure it would be by the beginning of the second semester for students.