PDA

View Full Version : I just thought of something that made me laugh RE Ole Miss football 2015.....

Taog Redloh
04-28-2016, 04:30 PM
It just dawned on me how close they really were to being SEC champions at minimum, and a playoff team at maximum. Had they not let an underdog Memphis beat them (or paid to play another patsy at home), and gotten incredibly unlucky on a fluke play, they seriously would be SEC Champions and been in the playoff. They probably beat Michigan State too.

So, whenever they think about how great their season was, I mean, you have to look back with at least SOME degree of regret and 'what could have been'. No way around it. Especially as they watch their once in a lifetime recrootin class dance off into the sunset tonight.

Makes me chuckle. That Sugar Bowl memory will fade.

Bully13
04-28-2016, 04:33 PM
Too bad they will end up forfeiting all those games

BossDawg
04-28-2016, 04:34 PM
That would piss me off to no end knowing my team was THAT close to winning at least the division. Even with wins over Bama, LSU and the EB. I would be so sick.

spiritual_machine2005
04-28-2016, 04:42 PM
On the flip side, i truely believe if we don't take that safety in the first half against Bama in 2014, we win the game. That would mean we clinch the west the next week against vandy. But whatever.

THE Bruce Dickinson
04-28-2016, 04:44 PM
I feel pretty confident that tey still wouldn't have made the playoff even with the win over Arkansas.

The ass kicking they took from Memphis would have haunted them in the end. More than likely the fourth team to have gotten in would have been Ohio State, or possibly Bama.

Now that I think of it, it would have been so funny to see a one loss Bama team who placed 2nd in the division get in the playoff over OM.

Taog Redloh
04-28-2016, 04:45 PM
Yeah, but not making a series of plays vs. a great team at their place is one thing. Having a game won and losing on one of the flukiest plays in history is another.

I give them Memphis, because that was a beatdown. But there's no way to deny how close they were to hoisting the SEC trophy.

Taog Redloh
04-28-2016, 04:46 PM
Or Stanford. I think the committee would have used this chance to leave the SEC out.

Jack Lambert
04-28-2016, 05:24 PM
We had our shot two years ago. **** Ole Miss!

Bodaski
04-28-2016, 06:03 PM
That would piss me off to no end knowing my team was THAT close to winning at least the division. Even with wins over Bama, LSU and the EB. I would be so sick.

Geez why did you remind me. In 2014 we were right there too and went to Bama and didn't pee a drop in the 1st half. Came out the 2nd half and out played them, but we were too far behind to pull it out. We beat Ark the next week and come home and lose to OM.

Taog Redloh
04-28-2016, 06:25 PM
Geez why did you remind me. In 2014 we were right there too and went to Bama and didn't pee a drop in the 1st half. Came out the 2nd half and out played them, but we were too far behind to pull it out. We beat Ark the next week and come home and lose to OM.

Alabama beat us down man. We never got within striking distance. Again, not the same thing.

And, it was Vanderbilt between the two.

Ole Miss beat us down too. Not much we can say. However that wouldn't have mattered had we beaten Bammer.