PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Division I Board of Directors rescinds satellite camp ban. Cluster f***

DancingRabbit
04-28-2016, 01:05 PM
https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/board-rescinds-camps-and-clinics-rule-directs-council-review-football-recruiting-model?sf25272734=1

state66
04-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Wasnt sirmon and buckley planning a couple satellite camps prior to the ban? Get those camps re-scheduled!

SDDawg
04-28-2016, 01:09 PM
Lame AF that Harbaugh has this kind of sway, but get on the road and go steal some kids. I'd roll up into Ann Arbor and Columbus, F those clowns.

thf24
04-28-2016, 01:10 PM
Lame AF that Harbaugh has this kind of sway, but get on the road and go steal some kids. I'd roll up into Ann Arbor and Columbus, F those clowns.

I second this. Make him regret that this can work both ways.

DancingRabbit
04-28-2016, 01:18 PM
There's been all this crying about how banning these camps is so terrible "for the kids".

"It's all about opportunities for the kids!"

Look, there's a set number of scholarships. Giving some kids opportunities is taking them away from other kids. This is all about Harbaugh seeing a recruiting loophole, and the media sucking him off.

Think of the Michigan kids! Ban satellite camps!

MetEdDawg
04-28-2016, 01:24 PM
I predict he doesn't get nearly as many kids from down south as he thinks he will. Bring them up for a visit in mid to late November when it's pretty cold, then let them come on an official when there's snow and it's cold as hell. Bet those southern boys end up not being too fond of that.

1bigdawg
04-28-2016, 01:37 PM
Let's go to Ohio and Michigan and recruit some big OLs!

confucius say
04-28-2016, 02:20 PM
"For the kids" my ass. If that's the case put on a camp anonymously and invite all coaches so these kids can get looked at by as many coaches as possible.

archdog
04-28-2016, 03:11 PM
"For the kids" my ass. If that's the case put on a camp anonymously and invite all coaches so these kids can get looked at by as many coaches as possible.

Bingo.

Jack Lambert
04-28-2016, 03:14 PM
It would be ironic if the state of Michigan pass a law banning travel to Miss and NC by state employees.

BossDawg
04-28-2016, 03:23 PM
Guess they're gonna stick it to Bucky so bad that they decided to at least let him have something.

Irondawg
04-28-2016, 03:33 PM
Bingo.

Yep - let the conferences put on camps in each state or something like that. There's no way it doesn't turn into a cluster. When there are 60 schools offering camps in Florida there are going to be numerous days with mutliple teams offering camps on the same days. Guess how teams are going to convince players to come to their camp?

Dawg61
04-28-2016, 03:43 PM
Can we please set up a camp right next to Michigan State's campus. Then one in Ann Arbor.

Jack Lambert
04-28-2016, 03:49 PM
Yep - let the conferences put on camps in each state or something like that. There's no way it doesn't turn into a cluster. When there are 60 schools offering camps in Florida there are going to be numerous days with mutliple teams offering camps on the same days. Guess how teams are going to convince players to come to their camp?

Eventually the state will step in and stop it. They can pass laws preventing this stuff from happening. For example, Miss, LA, Ark and SC have laws that says that people from these states can only buy life insurance from license agents in those states. They put a wall around out of state insurance agents who do not have non resident licenses. It is up to the insurance companies to regulate and regulate each other over the law. Does it still happen yes but if that company get caught doing it they will find themselves in court.

They could easily make a rule that no high school athlete will attend any camp in the state if it is not on a University Campus or college campus. Don't think these southern states will not do it.

War Machine Dawg
04-28-2016, 03:51 PM
It would be ironic if the state of Michigan pass a law banning travel to Miss and NC by state employees.

Please please please let this happen. Talk about the ultimate #LeftistDilemma Then aGAIN, Leftists hate sports because it exposes that not everyone is equally talented and there are winners and losers.