PDA

View Full Version : Random national baseball update

Todd4State
04-28-2016, 12:05 AM
Oregon is beating Oregon State as I type this. That would put them back in the top 100 RPI.

Missouri had a nice win over Missouri State yesterday and that put them into the top 100.

Arkansas beat a very good Oklahoma State team yesterday and that combined with their series win over Kentucky has them with an RPI of 83.

Tennessee lost to Alabama State tonight. Their season is officially done.

LSU lost to Tulane again. If Tulane is in our regional as most experts project we're going to have our hands full.

Alabama lost another midweek game- this time to Samford. They're still going to be a challenge for us though.

And finally we brought the Governor's Cup back home where it belongs. In front of a record crowd on cable TV. I know everyone knows that but it still feels good to type it again.

djaymsu5
04-28-2016, 06:44 AM
And Tennesssee just took 2/3 against Vandy. Baseball is a crazy sport for sure. Sounds a lot like us early in the year. Arkansas seems to be turning the corner I hope they don't get hot towards the end. Having said that I believe if we show up like we are supposed to and STAY Locked in all 3 games of a series we very well could sweep the rest of the teams on the schedule. I don't think we do but damn it would sure give us a chance at the SEC if not the West with some help from the big boys beating themselves up. Definitely will help us stay into the national seed conversation.

Jack Lambert
04-28-2016, 08:19 AM
And Tennesssee just took 2/3 against Vandy. Baseball is a crazy sport for sure. Sounds a lot like us early in the year. Arkansas seems to be turning the corner I hope they don't get hot towards the end. Having said that I believe if we show up like we are supposed to and STAY Locked in all 3 games of a series we very well could sweep the rest of the teams on the schedule. I don't think we do but damn it would sure give us a chance at the SEC if not the West with some help from the big boys beating themselves up. Definitely will help us stay into the national seed conversation.

This is why you can lose a series and only drop one or two spots in the polls.

BB30
04-28-2016, 08:31 AM
Yep, Tulane is a quality baseball team this year. That would make for an interesting regional.