PDA

View Full Version : When is Robson coming back?

cheewgumm
04-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Nm....

MSUDawg99
04-26-2016, 04:31 PM
He took BP but won't play tonight. Hopefully he'll be back by the wknd? Who knows.

Political Hack
04-27-2016, 10:29 AM
He's swinging so that's a start. Still feeling pain though so he's going to need more time. We've gotten through the brutal part of our schedule so hopefully they can afford to take their time and just get him back into a rhythm before the SECT.

confucius say
04-27-2016, 11:56 AM
When he comes back, do you put him in the two hole? I would not mess with Mangum.

HSVDawg
04-27-2016, 12:56 PM
When he comes back, do you put him in the two hole? I would not mess with Mangum.

I'd prefer to have Robson in the 2 hole also. My one gripe with Robson all season (before he got hurt) was that he struck out way too many times for a leadoff guy (mostly looking). Mangum is so much better as a contact hitter and because of that I think he sets the table better than Robson. With Robson in the 2 hole, we have a lot of options in the drag bunting game, and he is almost never going to hit into a DP when Mangum gets on ahead of him. But either way, it's a good problem to have. Right now our 2 hole has been the weak link in the lineup, so we should see improvement when Robson comes back no matter what Cohen decides to do.

mparkerfd20
04-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Cohen said this morning he hopes to have Robson back for the last 2 series and the stretch run. So I wouldn't look for him for another 2 weeks.

mic
04-27-2016, 01:59 PM

It should be a no brainier ...

State82
04-27-2016, 06:56 PM
Cohen said this morning he hopes to have Robson back for the last 2 series and the stretch run. So I wouldn't look for him for another 2 weeks.

Yep. He said it's been one step forward and two steps back. Not real encouraging right now.

BulldogBacker
04-27-2016, 07:00 PM
I'd prefer to have Robson in the 2 hole also. My one gripe with Robson all season (before he got hurt) was that he struck out way too many times for a leadoff guy (mostly looking). Mangum is so much better as a contact hitter and because of that I think he sets the table better than Robson. With Robson in the 2 hole, we have a lot of options in the drag bunting game, and he is almost never going to hit into a DP when Mangum gets on ahead of him. But either way, it's a good problem to have. Right now our 2 hole has been the weak link in the lineup, so we should see improvement when Robson comes back no matter what Cohen decides to do.

I would have Robson batting lead off and let Mangum bring him home from first with a single down the right field line. Mangum is fast, but not Robson fast.

confucius say
04-27-2016, 09:03 PM
I would have Robson batting lead off and let Mangum bring him home from first with a single down the right field line. Mangum is fast, but not Robson fast.

Mangum's home to first time is faster for what that's worth

msstate7
04-27-2016, 09:09 PM
Mangum's home to first time is faster for what that's worth
Yeah, mangum can fly. He isn't a good base stealer yet, but he will be by next season

Todd4State
04-27-2016, 11:47 PM
If it were me I would have Robson lead off and have Mangum hit second. We were doing that before and it was working. If they let Mangum lead off they need to let him steal bases more so he won't clog the bases in front of Robson. I also wonder if having Mangum lead off might negate some of Robson's bunting prowess because it will cause the first baseman to be closer to the bag with Mangum on first all the time.

Dawg61
04-28-2016, 06:26 AM
Robson needs to lead off but he's coming off injury so bat him 9th till he's shown he's back to 100%. Can't have a cold hitter leading off during postseason play.

Todd4State
04-28-2016, 09:39 AM
Robson needs to lead off but he's coming off injury so bat him 9th till he's shown he's back to 100%. Can't have a cold hitter leading off during postseason play.

That's probably how I would handle it to start with.