PDA

View Full Version : Could this 30-day extension just be another lie from Bdork?

MadDawg
04-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Friend of mine had an interesting theory:

Think about it. This week is a huge PR week for the bears. They are about to have possibly 3 players taken in the first round of the NFL draft. The last thing they would want is for the big news story this week to be about their NOA and the ongoing NCAA investigation. So Bdork trots out another in a long line of lies and says a 3rd party requested the delay.

Will we ever know who actually requested the extension?

jumbo
04-26-2016, 09:36 AM
I tend to believe that every move they make is calculated and PR plays a huge role in what they do

DancingRabbit
04-26-2016, 09:43 AM
I'm pretty sure a 3rd party requested the extension. But it's very possible that OM was ultimately behind it.

It would be just more red flags to the NCAA if OM requests the delay and then tells the media it was a 3rd party.

blacklistedbully
04-26-2016, 09:44 AM
Would a request for extension by someone other than Ole Miss necessarily prevent Ole Miss from offering their response?

If it's true the request was made by a, "3rd-party", would that not allow said "3rd-party" an extension, but not Ole Miss?

Tbonewannabe
04-26-2016, 09:44 AM
Could have had Freeze's lawyer request it? Might have been done to make sure the Beaver doesn't have to field any questions as he sexually assaults his players after they get drafted. It is funny that most scouts are saying that none of the big 3 developed at UM. Treadwell even came out and said he basically didn't get any coaching at UM. So I guess if you are a top level recruit you can go there and get paid and laid but at a risk of not developing enough to make it to the NFL. Interesting trade off for a 17 year old kid and his family to decide on.

MadDawg
04-26-2016, 09:46 AM
Would a request for extension by someone other than Ole Miss necessarily prevent Ole Miss from offering their response?

If it's true the request was made by a, "3rd-party", would that not allow said "3rd-party" an extension, but not Ole Miss?

There is absolutely nothing preventing ole miss from both releasing the NOA and giving the NCAA their response. They could have done it yesterday, or three months ago.

jumbo
04-26-2016, 09:47 AM
There is absolutely nothing preventing ole miss from both releasing the NOA and giving the NCAA their response. They could have done it yesterday, or three months ago.

They are so eager to tell their side of the story yet the will not release their response. Makes sense.

JoseBrown
04-26-2016, 09:51 AM
They are so eager to tell their side of the story yet the will not release their response. Makes sense.

Perfectly!

blacklistedbully
04-26-2016, 09:54 AM

That's what I was thinking. Ole Miss is painting this as if they are being held back by the extension request. Not true, apparently.

Bully13
04-26-2016, 09:55 AM
Could have had Freeze's lawyer request it? Might have been done to make sure the Beaver doesn't have to field any questions as he sexually assaults his players after they get drafted. It is funny that most scouts are saying that none of the big 3 developed at UM. Treadwell even came out and said he basically didn't get any coaching at UM. So I guess if you are a top level recruit you can go there and get paid and laid but at a risk of not developing enough to make it to the NFL. Interesting trade off for a 17 year old kid and his family to decide on.

"Paid and Laid "....lol

MadDawg
04-26-2016, 10:04 AM
That's what I was thinking. Ole Miss is painting this as if they are being held back by the extension request. Not true, apparently.

The must be still "developing" the facts.

Coach34
04-26-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm pretty sure a 3rd party requested the extension. But it's very possible that OM was ultimately behind it.

It would be just more red flags to the NCAA if OM requests the delay and then tells the media it was a 3rd party.

well the current rumor is the Birmingham law firm has now dropped them and their new legal team requested the extension to look everything over

Coach34
04-26-2016, 10:07 AM
And yes- OM can release anything at any time. They are flat out lying about being "eager" to get things out there

blacklistedbully
04-26-2016, 10:25 AM
And yes- OM can release anything at any time. They are flat out lying about being "eager" to get things out there

BYLAW, ARTICLE 19
Enforcement
19.9.2 Responses by Institutions or Involved Individuals. Any response to the notice of
allegations shall be submitted to the hearing panel and the enforcement staff, and pertinent
portions to the institution and all involved individuals, not later than 90 days from the date of the
notice of allegations unless the chief hearing officer grants an extension. The enforcement staff
may establish a deadline for the submission of responses to any reasonable time within the 90-
day period, provided the institution and all involved individuals consent to the expedited
deadline. Failure to submit a timely response may be viewed by the panel as an admission that
the alleged violation(s) occurred. An institution or involved individual may not submit additional
documentary evidence without prior authorization from the chief hearing officer.

Tbonewannabe
04-26-2016, 11:51 AM
well the current rumor is the Birmingham law firm has now dropped them and their new legal team requested the extension to look everything over

Why would a law firm drop a client? Maybe the client was lying to the law firm and it would jeopardize the firm's reputation? I don't know just curious.

msstatelp1
04-26-2016, 11:58 AM
Why would a law firm drop a client? Maybe the client was lying to the law firm and it would jeopardize the firm's reputation? I don't know just curious.

Bama made them do it!!

At least that's what I expect to hear from the OM faithful if this is true.

msstate7
04-26-2016, 11:58 AM

Law firm required monetary payment, not alumni wives, vehicles, and white girls**

Boodawg
04-26-2016, 12:11 PM
I'm also interested in whether the rumor that um was dropped is true. That would be something right there.

TrapGame
04-26-2016, 12:21 PM
I'm sure OM told the law firm their version of the truth and the NCAA has uncovered some damning evidence that OM has been less than forthcoming with their legal advisers. The firm decided it was best for both to cut ties and move on.

spbdawg
04-26-2016, 12:26 PM
#

Boodawg
04-26-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm sure OM told the law firm their version of the truth and the NCAA has uncovered some damning evidence that OM has been less than forthcoming with their legal advisers. The firm decided it was best for both to cut ties and move on.

Would be awesome if true.

MadDawg
04-26-2016, 12:36 PM
If all the NCAA documents that TSUN never "possessed" were sent to the law firm and then the law firm dropped their representation of TSUN, what would any law firm or attorney do with its former client's documents? Return them to the client or at least send them a copy? The law firm can't just keep them if the client needs them for an active case. I'll bet TSUN is now in possession of the NOA and other important documents related to this matter....which means the Public Records Act may be back in play.

And for those who scoff at the $100 per record penalty....a 10 page document can arguably be referred as 10 unique public records....which a $1000 penalty. An entire filing cabinet drawer of TSUN/NCAA documents could quickly become a 7 figure penalty.

If there is ANYTHING we have learned through this process, it's that FOIA is as worthless as the paper it's written on. If you are an organization completely void of character or morals, ignoring FOIA requests is easier than an ole miss recruiting hostess.

Tbonewannabe
04-26-2016, 12:50 PM
Law firm required monetary payment, not alumni wives, vehicles, and white girls**

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to msstate7 again.

Although I have heard those white girls will swallow. That has to be worth some extra.

shannondawg
04-26-2016, 12:52 PM
It hard to believe they would drop the case because om is guilty. Hell , that a given.

Tbonewannabe
04-26-2016, 12:53 PM
If there is ANYTHING we have learned through this process, it's that FOIA is as worthless as the paper it's written on. If you are an organization completely void of character or morals, ignoring FOIA requests is easier than an ole miss recruiting hostess.

Do we not have some State grad lawyers that could file FOIA just to have multiple issues with UM refusing to cooperate and raising the fines? I would think each person putting in a FOIA would be a different penalty.

shannondawg
04-26-2016, 12:55 PM
It hard to believe they would drop the case because om is guilty or that they lied. They have to tell their lawyers the truth, the whole purpose is to get the most minimum punishment possible. If the law firm can do that , its a job well done.

Johnson85
04-26-2016, 01:25 PM
Why would a law firm drop a client?

If I were going to guess, I would guess that whoever is managing the process for the university makes it not worth it for the law firm, possibly by nitpicking over every bill or refusing to authorize work that the lawfirm thinks would help them or possibly just by being a huge ass to deal with.

It's also possible that the law firm and whoever is managing the process for the University disagreed strongly regarding strategy, and the law firm thinks the strategy the school is insisting on is a bad enough idea that they want to distance themselves from the result. I'd think that is unlikely, but it's possible.

It's also possible that the law firm is a repeat player with the NCAA, and feels continuing representation would somehow damage their relationship/reputation with the NCAA enforcement group and hurt their ability to represent clients in that capacity in the future. Maybe UM is insisting on being more antagonistic than the law firm prefers, maybe they're uncomfortable with some of the lines UM is asking them to dance around, or something like that. I'd think this is also unlikely; why hire them and not listen to them.

Of course my best guess would be that the law firm didn't drop them.

DawgPoundtheRock
04-26-2016, 02:11 PM
Of course my best guess would be that the law firm didn't drop them.[/QUOTE]

We have a winner.

Of course, changing law firms could be a ploy to buy more time. Now, why they need more time???????????

Bully13
04-26-2016, 02:17 PM
Yall do realize Bjork is telling the flock he can't WAIT to tell his side of the story and what type of program Ole Miss runs. This is going to be great.

AlmostPositive
04-26-2016, 02:33 PM
Before you waste a lot f time wondering about OM's latest dumb move, remind yourself that this is the same bunch that paid a consultant $200,000 to recommend someone wear a bear costume at football games.

Johnson85
04-26-2016, 02:56 PM
Before you waste a lot f time wondering about OM's latest dumb move, remind yourself that this is the same bunch that paid a consultant $200,000 to recommend someone wear a bear costume at football games.

In fairness, I think they also recommended that they put flyers in the grove encouraging people to go into the game for "code red" or "red alert" or something.

Percho
04-26-2016, 02:57 PM

Methinks maybe M.S. is the third party.

coastdoglover
04-26-2016, 03:27 PM
Methinks maybe M.S. is the third party.

I am not certain any law firm has dropped them. I do believe that is possible but I would think Ole Miss has tried to put a team together to try and cut the best deal they can and are probably trying to get a lenient self-imposed deal. Just remember, Robert Khayat was instrumental in Slive getting his job and no telling what is going on if Slive is being consulted. However, if Slive is on a four year consulting contract with the SEC then that really raises a red flag. Amazingly this continues be hush hush in the Mississippi media. It will play out and all we have to do is wait and see.

Reason2succeed
04-26-2016, 03:50 PM
I hinted days ago that the perfect time to come clean about their investigation would be the weekend of the NFL Draft. Not only would they get the weekend news dump but every football journalist both NFL and college would be preoccupied writing stories about the NFL Draft. There would be almost no coverage for at least a week.