PDA

View Full Version : OK folks- here is C34's official prediction on OM sanctions

Coach34
04-25-2016, 09:23 PM
Probation for multiple years
20-25 scholarships lost over 4-5 years...minimum 20 schollys guaranteed
Show causes for Saunders and Vaughn
Show causes for 1 or 2 members of the current staff- my guesses are Nix and Luke are the two most likely. Gonna take the NCAA some work to pop Freezus.
Probably takes another year before NCAA announces sanctions

But remember this- once Nix and/or Luke gets popped- OM cant claim Freezus is clean anymore. He loses complete and total credibility. He becomes the False Prophet we've always known he was.

IT'S COMING

Bmydawg
04-25-2016, 09:28 PM
34 what continues to amaze me, is the ignorance of their delusional fan base!! On the rant they are calling out ED for proof that B Jork lied. Damn. He said the investigation is over and we all know it is not even close to over!!

Coach34
04-25-2016, 09:32 PM
34 what continues to amaze me, is the ignorance of their delusional fan base!! On the rant they are calling out ED for proof that B Jork lied. Damn. He said the investigation is over and we all know it is not even close to over!!

It's amazing- one of their own fansite guys- whose career is tied into OM athletics- says the NCAA is going to hit them hard. What do they do? Act like nothing has happened and keep spinning. If Rosebowl had said that- State fans would be going insane at him and mad at the administration for lying. But not OM

BulldogBear
04-25-2016, 09:34 PM

Again, I day when this is all over, somebody needs to put together the full denial/lie time line compared to reality revealed. Send this to the sports editor of the 5-10 biggest papers in each SEC state.

Dawgowar
04-25-2016, 09:36 PM
I do not think Freeze is out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination. If Williams gets popped at UNC and/or Pitino at Louisville then Freeze is gonna feel like Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

msstate7
04-25-2016, 09:49 PM
I do not think Freeze is out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination. If Williams gets popped at UNC and/or Pitino at Louisville then Freeze is gonna feel like Ned Beatty in Deliverance.
How's the old saying go? The NCAA was so mad at Roy Williams and pitino that they gave freeze a 5 year show cause...

Maybe not, but it would be hilarious

Dawgowar
04-25-2016, 10:00 PM
How's the old saying go? The NCAA was so mad at Roy Williams and pitino that they gave freeze a 5 year show cause...

Maybe not, but it would be hilarious

Just remember. Minnesota's BBALL coach Clem Haskins got a 7 year show cause in 2000, well before the new rule, for far less than Williams will be held to account for - if they want Freeze it's going to hurt

BayouDawg
04-25-2016, 10:16 PM
Coach you think a one or 2 year bowl ban is thrown in there too?

Coach34
04-25-2016, 10:38 PM

I cant answer that question but I'm 100% sure its being fought over as we speak

BeastMan
04-25-2016, 10:40 PM
If that is even 50% right, does Bjork survive?

BayouDawg
04-25-2016, 10:52 PM
I cant answer that question but I'm 100% sure its being fought over as we speak

No doubt. The scholly reductions will be enough to set them back a ways I'm just hoping for a bowl ban as well. I guess I shouldn't get too greedy

BayouDawg
04-25-2016, 10:57 PM
If I'm ole miss I would go ahead and self impose a one year post season ban and 12 scholarships over three years to try and get out in front of it. This way they might could persuade the NCAA to keep the scholarship reductions below 20. Most schools that get investigated this hard go ahead and self impose to try and send a message to the NCAA that they want to cooperate and get it over with, but as we all know the bears are truly one of a kind

DancingRabbit
04-25-2016, 10:59 PM
At this point it's hard to predict actual sanctions with any certainty. If there's any proof that the Waynesboro academic shenanigans continued during the Freeze era, they are going to get hammered. If there are multiple former recruits testifying to serious recruiting violations, they are going to get hammered.

If Freeze or Bjork got caught lying, they are going to really get hammered.

I wonder how nervous Bjork is? He's already had to fire two HC's that he hired. Would be hilarious if he got a show cause.

Based on how long the NCAA has been there and how OM seems to be pulling out all the stops to defend themselves, they're going to get hit pretty hard.

sandwolf
04-25-2016, 11:26 PM
No doubt. The scholly reductions will be enough to set them back a ways I'm just hoping for a bowl ban as well. I guess I shouldn't get too greedy

I feel like they need to get a bowl ban for at least a couple of years so that they don't get to reap the rewards from the recruits that they bought. I also think that the guys that they just signed ought to be given the option to transfer. If the NCAA really wants to send the message that it isn't worth it to do what they have been doing the past several years, then they should hit them with sanctions that prevent any positive results in the near term and sanctions that cripple them for the next 6-8 years. I would like to see USCw type sanctions....I think that would actually get through to their fan base.

DancingRabbit
04-26-2016, 12:05 AM
Just noticed that the last coach Bjork hired at WKU suddenly resigned last week.
http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/wku-s-ray-harper-resigns-following-suspension-of-three-players/article_d32bd8ee-ec92-11e5-adb1-f78176a70948.html
http://wkuherald.com/opinion/opinion-suspense-permeates-campus-after-player-suspensions-ray-harper-s/article_c8275c26-efcf-11e5-954c-cfec314500f0.html

Apparently there were questions posed when Bjork hired Ray Harper. Harper's school was hit with LOIC in the early 2000s.

Bjork not worried about Harper's past catching up to him
http://wkuherald.com/sports/bjork-not-worried-about-harper-s-past-catching-up-to/article_bf1c7904-38e0-11e1-a452-001a4bcf6878.html

Also noticed that WKU's swim team got the death penalty last year for stuff that dates back to Bjork's tenure there.

Bodaski
04-26-2016, 12:26 AM
Show causes for 1 or 2 members of the current staff- my guesses are Nix and Luke are the two most likely. Gonna take the NCAA some work to pop Freezus.

But remember this- once Nix and/or Luke gets popped- OM cant claim Freezus is clean anymore. He loses complete and total credibility. He becomes the False Prophet we've always known he was.

IT'S COMING

34 I think Kiffin may be involved also. He was the primary recruiter on Laremy Tunsil. He has been mentioned in other rumors too.

Reason2succeed
04-26-2016, 03:42 AM
Did you say "death penalty"? But, but, but there is no more death penalty!***

GreenheadDawg
04-26-2016, 06:09 AM
I'm just not satisfied without a bowl ban or show cause for Freeze

BulldogBear
04-26-2016, 06:24 AM
Yes, you/we should. Too greedy would be wanting Freeze and/or Bdork executed.******

I'm just not satisfied without a bowl ban or show cause for Freeze

+1

Apoplectic
04-26-2016, 06:24 AM
I keep hearing they're offering up Bdork to save freezus but Bdork is probably gone regardless.

BulldogBear
04-26-2016, 06:34 AM
I feel like they need to get a bowl ban for at least a couple of years so that they don't get to reap the rewards from the recruits that they bought. I also think that the guys that they just signed ought to be given the option to transfer. If the NCAA really wants to send the message that it isn't worth it to do what they have been doing the past several years, then they should hit them with sanctions that prevent any positive results in the near term and sanctions that cripple them for the next 6-8 years. I would like to see USCw type sanctions....I think that would actually get through to their fan base.

Boom!!! Exactly.

Except for that last sentence. Nothing will get through to them. Those folks are like that lazy and/or antagonistic employee, child, roommate or neighbor that you come to realize that there is no explaining things to them or persuading them. All you can do is just tell them the way it is.

shoeless joe
04-26-2016, 07:04 AM
I'm interested to see how it all plays out...

The chancellor stands in front of an angry crowd in the grove. He knows somebody's got to go but doesn't want it on his conscious, so he's going to let the crowd decide. They can pick one to save and the other will be dealt with. It's at that point that freeze and bjork are marched out in front of the mob...but who will they save?

msstate7
04-26-2016, 07:26 AM

The chancellor stands in front of an angry crowd in the grove. He knows somebody's got to go but doesn't want it on his conscious, so he's going to let the crowd decide. They can pick one to save and the other will be dealt with. It's at that point that freeze and bjork are marched out in front of the mob...but who will they save?
This didn't work out so well for Jesus. Will freezus die for his people also?

bulldogcountry1
04-26-2016, 07:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5Xv7QqXiM

Jarius
04-26-2016, 07:42 AM
USC level sanctions are coming, per someone this board trusts very much off the record.

Jack Lambert
04-26-2016, 08:05 AM

It's going to come down to how loyal the other coaches that are in trouble are to Freeze and Ole Miss. Lord help them if one of them say "if I am going down, they all are going down".

Martianlander
04-26-2016, 08:23 AM

+1 Rep points given!

Johnson85
04-26-2016, 08:26 AM

I don't think the NCAA is going to want to do a bowl ban if they can help it. There are already too many bowls to fill. That's not exactly the NCAA's problem, but the bowl hosts commit a lot of money to put on a bowl game, and that benefits NCAA members. Seems liek they wouldn't want to do anything to negatively impact them.

Johnson85
04-26-2016, 08:30 AM
It's going to come down to how loyal the other coaches that are in trouble are to Freeze and Ole Miss. Lord help them if one of them say "if I am going down, they all are going down".

I don't think it's a matter of being loyal, it's just a matter of them being taken care of. I suspect the potential for a show cause is something they all knowingly assumed and I'm also guessing it's standard practice to take care of assistants after a show cause provided they don't squeal. And of course even if they aren't taken care of, if they have any hope of getting back into the college game when the show cause is up, they have to stay quiet.

blacklistedbully
04-26-2016, 08:32 AM
Just noticed that the last coach Bjork hired at WKU suddenly resigned last week.
http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/wku-s-ray-harper-resigns-following-suspension-of-three-players/article_d32bd8ee-ec92-11e5-adb1-f78176a70948.html
http://wkuherald.com/opinion/opinion-suspense-permeates-campus-after-player-suspensions-ray-harper-s/article_c8275c26-efcf-11e5-954c-cfec314500f0.html

Apparently there were questions posed when Bjork hired Ray Harper. Harper's school was hit with LOIC in the early 2000s.

Bjork not worried about Harper's past catching up to him
http://wkuherald.com/sports/bjork-not-worried-about-harper-s-past-catching-up-to/article_bf1c7904-38e0-11e1-a452-001a4bcf6878.html

Also noticed that WKU's swim team got the death penalty last year for stuff that dates back to Bjork's tenure there.

None of the above are thought to be academic cheating or recruiting violations. The swim & diving team got axed due to hazing activities.

May I suggest we not get too loose with the facts when going after Ole Miss? This board has been great about, "getting it right". So, let us not give the Black-Bears-Named-Rebel anything they can point to as misleading info coming from ED.

I realize nothing you posted was inaccurate. It's just that it, "looks" like we're trying to use it as, "more evidence of BDork cheating". That, it is not.

blacklistedbully
04-26-2016, 08:38 AM
i also want to see previous bowl wins stripped. Wipe that Sugar Bowl win off-the-books and make them return the trophy and rings.

If there is a link going back to Nutt (Saunders), that could wipe out CB wins. If they're able to tie this stuff to all the Saunders years, we're looking at 6 bowl wins minimum before you even get to Freeze as HC.

Not expecting it, but would it not be glorious if the had all those wins removed from the record book?

Original48
04-26-2016, 08:38 AM

I think this is when Freeze goes full Peter and denies even knowing Bjork..not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES.

BulldogBacker
04-26-2016, 08:56 AM
I think this is when Freeze goes full Peter and denies even knowing Bjork..not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES.

Ole Miss is a cesspool of arrogant pricks who are bereft of ethics. The "Network" has been going strong since Vaught set it up. Pete Boone ran it when he was the AD there. He even acknowledged it to a friend of mine. It is institutionalized and won't go away, regardless of what the NCAA does this time. The only way to ensure it dies is to kill it. They deserve the DEATH PENALTY and most of their connected alumni know it.

Just the Backer rant for the morning!

32 Dive
04-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Ole Miss is a cesspool of arrogant pricks who are bereft of ethics. The "Network" has been going strong since Vaught set it up. Pete Boone ran it when he was the AD there. He even acknowledged it to a friend of mine. It is institutionalized and won't go away, regardless of what the NCAA does this time. The only way to ensure it dies is to kill it. They deserve the DEATH PENALTY and most of their connected alumni know it.

Just the Backer rant for the morning!

And a worthy one, it is...

BulldogBear
04-26-2016, 09:11 AM
This didn't work out so well for Jesus. Will freezus die for his people also?

I was trying to figure out which one was Barrabas. It would have to be Bjork. Freeze goes down to save Bjork? That seems to be where the comparison ends!!

JoseBrown
04-26-2016, 09:22 AM
I don't think the NCAA is going to want to do a bowl ban if they can help it. There are already too many bowls to fill. That's not exactly the NCAA's problem, but the bowl hosts commit a lot of money to put on a bowl game, and that benefits NCAA members. Seems liek they wouldn't want to do anything to negatively impact them.

That's the reason I don't think they can give them a bowl ban. When you're filling bowls with teams with losing records it goes against the NCAA's goals ($) to be banning teams from bowls anymore. It's not like it used to be when bowls were actual rewards to teams, now they are just the 13th game. I can see them stripping them of past bowl wins and all that goes along with it. That would hurt Banner U more than others anyway...

With 2-4 show causes (based off of coaches lawyering up, the university lawyering up n possibly hiring Slime, coach at another university already fired, the ULL relationship n results, the continued investigation) someone in leadership needs to get hit hard...the future needs to be punished significantly...banners and hardware should be confiscated...and depending on how deep the academic fraud was, they should be made an example of... Banner U will be derailed significantly, but they won't stop.

Swami Dawg
04-26-2016, 09:22 AM
I was trying to figure out which one was Barrabas. It would have to be Bjork. Freeze goes down to save Bjork? That seems to be where the comparison ends!!

I am for to be finding photo from last year Christmas play in Oxford. Yes Bjork was playing part of the Barrabas.

http://s32.postimg.org/fubtnf7k5/freeze_vs_bjork.jpg

Swami

MadDawg
04-26-2016, 09:24 AM
I will be shocked if Bdork keeps his job.

dawggoneit
04-26-2016, 09:24 AM
Wish there was a ruling that Archie had to be disassociated from OM.

Reason2succeed
04-26-2016, 09:27 AM
I don't understand why everyone thinks that OM will be so loyal to Freeze. OM has turned on pretty much every other coach they've have since Vaught so why not Freeze? If it can save their glorious football program they will through him out with this weeks trash.

The beautiful thing is that this precedes his time as head coach and goes back to Nutt and Ogre. That is the only reason why I think that Bjork will be the scape goat.

blacklistedbully
04-26-2016, 09:30 AM
Saunders goes back to Cutcliffe

Bama_Dawg
04-26-2016, 09:40 AM
Wish there was a ruling that the Mannings had to be disassociated from OM.

FIFY

MedDawg
04-26-2016, 09:46 AM

msstate7
04-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Wow, with that and 3 or more sports in trouble at OM Bjork is possibly the most corrupt AD in the whole NCAA.

How you think he got the job? (Maybe an *)

Jack Lambert
04-26-2016, 10:06 AM

Do beavers do it doggy style like pigs?

Political Hack
04-26-2016, 10:14 AM
USC level sanctions are coming, per someone this board trusts very much off the record.

"USC level" has been floated but that's coming from places other than Oxford and Indy. Doesn't mean it's not correct, but it could very easily be an incomplete picture.

I anticipate at minimum a 1-year bowl ban and possibly TV ban too if the SEC allows OM to be the sacrificial lamb. I also expect at least Nix to nixed. Not sure about the others, but that will be three staff with Show Causes. Also, I do think they're trying to go after Freeze and an LOIC charge. If the LOIC charge sticks, it's going to be hard for OM to fight a show cause for Freeze. If there's no LOIC, then I can't see how the NCAA would justify removing a head coach. I can promise you though, they didn't just camp out in O-town for 3+ years just to give them a 9-scholly reduction over 3 years. That's laughable. The sanctions will be stiff and they will be left reeling. The NCAA is going to punish them. Plain and simple.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some athletic department officials got show causes. Not sure that's been done before, but seems like a perfectly good time to start considering the violations span 3 sports.

sandwolf
04-26-2016, 10:18 AM

I see your point, but I just don't see how the NCAA can send a strong message without a post-season ban that cripples them until the scholarship reductions start to take effect. What if they were to win the SEC in 2017 and go on to play in the playoff? Not only would that look really bad and taint the playoff, but I am pretty sure that OM would feel like it was all worth it if that were to happen.

jumbo
04-26-2016, 10:20 AM
"USC level" has been floated but that's coming from places other than Oxford and Indy. Doesn't mean it's not correct, but it could very easily be an incomplete picture.

I anticipate at minimum a 1-year bowl ban and possibly TV ban too if the SEC allows OM to be the sacrificial lamb. I also expect at least Nix to nixed. Not sure about the others, but that will be three staff with Show Causes. Also, I do think they're trying to go after Freeze and an LOIC charge. If the LOIC charge sticks, it's going to be hard for OM to fight a show cause for Freeze. If there's no LOIC, then I can't see how the NCAA would justify removing a head coach. I can promise you though, they didn't just camp out in O-town for 3+ years just to give them a 9-scholly reduction over 3 years. That's laughable. The sanctions will be stiff and they will be left reeling. The NCAA is going to punish them. Plain and simple.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some athletic department officials got show causes. Not sure that's been done before, but seems like a perfectly good time to start considering the violations span 3 sports.

I don't see a TV ban happening unless it's just OM doesn't get the revenue from the SEC Network. With every game for every team now televised a TV ban would punish every other SEC school.
I would be super pissed if I can't watch the egg bowl because of this.

sandwolf
04-26-2016, 10:23 AM

With the big TV contracts that are now in place, I think TV bans are a thing of the past. That would probably open the door for the contracts to be renegotiated and would effect the whole conference....I don't see any way that the NCAA takes 8 SEC football games off the air.

Political Hack
04-26-2016, 10:24 AM
I don't see a TV ban happening unless it's just OM doesn't get the revenue from the SEC Network. With every game for every team now televised a TV ban would punish every other SEC school.
I would be super pissed if I can't watch the egg bowl because of this.

That's why I said if the SEC would allow it to happen. I could see a deal on the table where no spring game or OOC games can be televised unless it's carried by another conference's TV station (I.e., big ten network, etc...).

Bama_Dawg
04-26-2016, 10:26 AM
Here's my prediction:

2 year bowl ban
Show Cause for Nix
Loss of 16 schollys over 4 years
B'Dork resigns
Disassociation with Cannon and Cannon Motors
Freezus stays in place (thanks to Nix and BDork, saving face for the Mannings)

Bodaski
04-26-2016, 10:30 AM
What is also not mentioned in these threads is the fact tsun has a new chancellor that just recently took over. He has inherited a mess. He may play a role in this thing too.

blacklistedbully
04-26-2016, 10:32 AM

A bowl ban for Ole Miss would simply bring in 1 more team that wouldn't otherwise have made it. By the time you get to that last bowl, the difference between the last team and the one that would have been the last team is negligible.

DawgPoundtheRock
04-26-2016, 11:03 AM
A bowl ban for Ole Miss would simply bring in 1 more team that wouldn't otherwise have made it. By the time you get to that last bowl, the difference between the last team and the one that would have been the last team is negligible.

I agree, blb. Without a postseason ban the sanctions will be significantly watered down. As someone pointed out earlier, what if OM were to (through some miracle) win the SEC championship and qualify for the playoff. This situation would be a major embarrassment to the NCAA. While it doesn't mean that the NCAA condones cheating, it does mean than are potentially significant rewards to be gained from cheating. This could conceivably raise the level of cheating across all levels of college football. If that were to become the case, then the wealthiest schools will be the powerhouses of the future.

I think there has to be a postseason ban.

Johnson85
04-26-2016, 11:08 AM

But the difference exists for the bowl UM would have made, and then every SEC bowl tie-in below that, and then also filtering down to the last bowl. SO a lot of bowls get hurt a little, and then there is another bowl with a 5-7 team in it. The people handing down the committee may not care about the bowls at all, but it is not just bringing in 1 more team that wouldn't h ave otherwise made it.

blacklistedbully
04-26-2016, 11:27 AM
But the difference exists for the bowl UM would have made, and then every SEC bowl tie-in below that, and then also filtering down to the last bowl. SO a lot of bowls get hurt a little, and then there is another bowl with a 5-7 team in it. The people handing down the committee may not care about the bowls at all, but it is not just bringing in 1 more team that wouldn't h ave otherwise made it.

Sure it is. If you want to look at it from the bowl Ole Miss would have been in on down, it's still just a 1-off, at most, in each case, and in many cases, I'm betting it wouldn't make a difference at all.

For example, if it had been last year, in all likelihood UGA would have gone to the SB instead of UNM. Maybe LSU in the Taxslayer Gator instead of the Texas, MSU in the Texas instead of the Belk, UPig in the Belk instead of the Liberty, TAMU in the Liberty or still in the Music City, Auburn in the Music City or Liberty instead of the Birmingham, then who-gives-a-damn in the Birmingham instead of some other crappy bowl, etc, etc.

Reason2succeed
04-26-2016, 11:36 AM
If Ohio State can get a bowl ban then so can OM.

LockeDawg
04-26-2016, 11:53 AM
I agree, blb. Without a postseason ban the sanctions will be significantly watered down. As someone pointed out earlier, what if OM were to (through some miracle) win the SEC championship and qualify for the playoff. This situation would be a major embarrassment to the NCAA. While it doesn't mean that the NCAA condones cheating, it does mean than are potentially significant rewards to be gained from cheating. This could conceivably raise the level of cheating across all levels of college football. If that were to become the case, then the wealthiest schools will be the powerhouses of the future.

I think there has to be a postseason ban.The NCAA wasn't one bit embarrassed when LSU and Bama were both on some sort of NCAA probation in the 2011 national championship game.

hailstate88
04-26-2016, 12:11 PM

You sir, are a troll^^^

RIdog
04-26-2016, 12:23 PM
Here's my prediction:

2 year bowl ban
Show Cause for Nix
Loss of 16 schollys over 4 years
B'Dork resigns
Disassociation with Cannon and Cannon Motors
Freezus stays in place (thanks to Nix and BDork, saving face for the Mannings)

This is about what i expect too - wish for more but this seems about right .

SailingDawg
04-26-2016, 12:30 PM
i also want to see previous bowl wins stripped. Wipe that Sugar Bowl win off-the-books and make them return the trophy and rings.

If there is a link going back to Nutt (Saunders), that could wipe out CB wins. If they're able to tie this stuff to all the Saunders years, we're looking at 6 bowl wins minimum before you even get to Freeze as HC.

Not expecting it, but would it not be glorious if the had all those wins removed from the record book?

Better yet, give us the Egg Bowl trophy!!!

sandwolf
04-26-2016, 05:04 PM
You sir, are a troll^^^

I don't think so.....or if he is, he stole that user name from a guy that posts on genes page pretty regularly.

Spiderman
04-26-2016, 09:08 PM

Don't hold your breath for a bowl ban.

Coach34
04-26-2016, 10:46 PM

agreed. 50/50 chance they negotiate their way out of that

Bully13
04-27-2016, 06:46 AM

I think they get a 2 yr bowl ban

TrapGame
04-27-2016, 07:56 AM

If they get out of a bowl ban then the NCAA is dickless. For all the shit they've done a 2 yr bowl ban is warranted.

Jack Lambert
04-27-2016, 07:59 AM
agreed. 50/50 chance they negotiate their way out of that

50/50 on two years but the odds get worse for them on one. I think what Ole Miss will do is do what Bama did last time they got a post season banned. They will schedule a 13th game in Hawaii.

Tbonewannabe
04-27-2016, 08:07 AM
It will be interesting if the NCAA can prove even half of what everyone knows, it would be worse than what they had on USC. USC got a 2 year bowl ban so it could be interesting. All the NCAA would have to do is pull up Twitter for the CJ Johnson class through Treadwell. A lot of interesting stuff was put out there which made it obvious CJ got a new truck and Paidwell was getting a lot of $100 handshakes when he made trips to Oxford. That doesn't even include the girls they were getting. U of Louisville are obviously not all in or Pitino wouldn't have had to pay hookers to bang basketball recruits. Freeze has them giving it up willingly to land some 4 and 5 star recruits.

TrapGame
04-27-2016, 08:20 AM
50/50 on two years but the odds get worse for them on one. I think what Ole Miss will do is do what Bama did last time they got a post season banned. They will schedule a 13th game in Hawaii.

Naw, man, they going to play in Haiti.**

Johnson85
04-27-2016, 08:51 AM
It will be interesting if the NCAA can prove even half of what everyone knows, it would be worse than what they had on USC. USC got a 2 year bowl ban so it could be interesting.

I'm not sure you can compare the two because I don't think the NCAA punishes people based on what they can prove, they punish people based on what they "know". USC got hammered pretty good, but I think the NCAA "knew" that what they could prove was just the tip of the iceberg. If UM gets hit hard, I think it will be the same here. Just as with USC, they will be able to more or less prove some serious allegations in order to give them cover for a tough punishment, but the severity of the punishment is going to be impacted heavily by the stuff they can't necessarily prove but are still aware of.

ElitedawgRecruiting
04-27-2016, 08:55 AM
Personally see no way freeze gets a show cause or a tv or bowl ban. Could be wrong but I honestly think we as fans are expecting stuff that won't happen

mic
04-27-2016, 08:57 AM
Bowl band would be gravy on top... But if they get hit with USCw sanctions with scholarships they will be fighting for the bham and Liberty bowl from 2018 forward for a few years..

shannondawg
04-27-2016, 08:58 AM
The rumors are always stronger than the actual charges. But damm ain't they fun!

BulldogBear
04-27-2016, 09:01 AM
If they get out of a bowl ban then the NCAA is dickless. For all the shit they've done a 2 yr bowl ban is warranted.

Agree with this. Anytime there are major violations there needs to be a bowl ban. Any. Time. Sure there'll be X schollys over X years, but the bowl ban is important so that the violator doesn't benefit from what they've done. And to tell you truth, I'd make the minimum for major violations 2 years of bowl ban. One year wouldn't even be a possible punishment. All major violator get two years minimum. They shouldn't benefit in any way. As someone mentioned, what if the recently caught cheating school makes a title run. That would make it worth cheating. 17 that. Bowl Ban.

No doubt. Lots of praying and picture taking on the beach.

It will be interesting if the NCAA can prove even half of what everyone knows, it would be worse than what they had on USC. USC got a 2 year bowl ban so it could be interesting. All the NCAA would have to do is pull up Twitter for the CJ Johnson class through Treadwell. A lot of interesting stuff was put out there which made it obvious CJ got a new truck and Paidwell was getting a lot of $100 handshakes when he made trips to Oxford. That doesn't even include the girls they were getting. U of Louisville are obviously not all in or Pitino wouldn't have had to pay hookers to bang basketball recruits. Freeze has them giving it up willingly to land some 4 and 5 star recruits.
I personally believe the NCAA is out to show it's teeth in the Ole Miss case. They will get at least a one year bowl ban IMO.

BulldogBear
04-27-2016, 09:05 AM
Personally see no way freeze gets a show cause or a tv or bowl ban. Could be wrong but I honestly think we as fans are expecting stuff that won't happen
The thing about the TV ban is it basically punishes other schools in the conference as well. I don't know how this would work, but what the NCAA needs to do going forward is find a way of, even if they have to add it to the proper section of the by laws or whatever, not so much doing a traditional TV ban on programs but stipulate that they cannot receive moneys from their appearances. In the case of something like the SEC network, the conference would just split the money among the other institutions, maybe giving the violator a small portion back later.

Coach34
04-27-2016, 09:06 AM
SEC is fighting the bowl ban- can't lose that money. And Sankey is on the NCAA Committee

Coach34
04-27-2016, 09:07 AM
TV ban is not even a consideration

GreenheadDawg
04-27-2016, 09:08 AM

Then none of it matters. They will continue to do what they do. Scholarship reductions will help but unless they get post season bans it will only slow them. You think they will give a shit about probation?

GreenheadDawg
04-27-2016, 09:10 AM
SEC is fighting the bowl ban- can't lose that money. And Sankey is on the NCAA Committee

Well then all they get is a slap on the wrist as always

BulldogBear
04-27-2016, 09:22 AM
Then none of it matters. They will continue to do what they do. Scholarship reductions will help but unless they get post season bans it will only slow them. You think they will give a shit about probation?

^^^This

Bubb Rubb
04-27-2016, 09:23 AM

Everything I've heard says to look at what USC got when thinking sanctions for Ole Miss. USC got two years of bowl bans.

The SEC won't lose money. There are at least 10 bowl eligible teams every year. If Ole Miss goes to the bottom, you will see Vanderbilt or someone like that become eligible. South Carolina will get back up there. Kentucky will be in there. Mizzou will eventually get back there. You just swap one for the other.

BrunswickDawg
04-27-2016, 09:35 AM
I want them on TV as a 2-10 team on probation playing in an empty Vaught. That does as much damage to their image as anything else can.

Political Hack
04-27-2016, 09:51 AM
I want them on TV as a 2-10 team on probation playing in an empty Vaught. That does as much damage to their image as anything else can.

The likelihood of a TV ban in today's game is close to zero, but I know the NCAA is looking for ways to hurt them and if they can't get a show cause on Freeze, I expect something a little more than X schollies over X years. In all honesty I think they'll get at least one of the following: bowl ban or Freze show cause. I can't see them getting both, but it's possible I suppose.

Jack Lambert
04-27-2016, 09:52 AM

I agree. Bowl ban hurts the school. TV ban hurts the school Ole Miss is playing.

Coach34
04-27-2016, 10:18 AM
Everything I've heard says to look at what USC got when thinking sanctions for Ole Miss. USC got two years of bowl bans.

The SEC won't lose money. There are at least 10 bowl eligible teams every year. If Ole Miss goes to the bottom, you will see Vanderbilt or someone like that become eligible. South Carolina will get back up there. Kentucky will be in there. Mizzou will eventually get back there. You just swap one for the other.

I hear ya Bubb and they should get at least 1 year- just hearing it's being fought hard

Reason2succeed
04-27-2016, 10:46 AM
The NCAA should stop schools on bowl band from taking the exotic trips like Bama to Hawaii and Penn State to Ireland. Once an NOA is sent schedule changes should have to be approved by the board on infractions.

Schultzy
04-27-2016, 04:50 PM
OM AD Bjork proclaiming the investigation over months ago was belligerent and has to rub the investigators the wrong way.

From denying an investigation even existed to saying it was over when it obviously wasn't has just been overtly hostile towards the NCAA and its team of investigators and it has to piss them off. I think OM has overplayed it's hand here just like they overplayed their hand with Miller which were both incredibly dumb moves.

Don't forget, the NCAA is holding all the cards here.

Their administration reacts emotionally and in knee jerk fashion because they're always thinking about projecting an image instead of playing the tape to the end.

They wouldn't make these mistakes if there were an in state media doing their job and challenging the U of M instead of collaborating with them on how to handle this problem publicly. This gives them a false sense of security so in a paradoxical way the C-L and the NE Daily Journal are OM's worst enemy.

Coach34
04-27-2016, 05:17 PM
NCAA still interviewing Im's told. Just talked to somebody recently- and it wasn't a recruit.

TUSK
04-27-2016, 06:06 PM
Two points:

1) There is no chance UM gets banned from TV (as long as Bammer is on their schedule)...
2) A 20-25 scholly reduction will essentially be a "bowl ban" for the foreseeable future... prolly closer to 3-4 years...

Dawgowar
04-27-2016, 06:16 PM
Two points:

1) There is no chance UM gets banned from TV (as long as Bammer is on their schedule)...
2) A 20-25 scholly reduction will essentially be a "bowl ban" for the foreseeable future... prolly closer to 3-4 years...

Because it's the your Dark Lord's right to humiliate them before a national audience when the scholarship losses set in? Will you all be making a painting of that glorious day? "Vengeance in Vaught!"
They are going to wish they self-imposed when the NCAA drops the hammer. If they indeed lost legal representation it had to be over strategy. "Look, they have film of your wife and the recruit..."

TUSK
04-27-2016, 06:53 PM
Because it's the your Dark Lord's right to humiliate them before a national audience when the scholarship losses set in? Will you all be making a painting of that glorious day? "Vengeance in Vaught!"
They are going to wish they self-imposed when the NCAA drops the hammer. If they indeed lost legal representation it had to be over strategy. "Look, they have film of your wife and the recruit..."

I'm calling Daniel Moore, right now.... nice!

Schultzy
04-27-2016, 07:57 PM
Two points:

They're so mad at OM they'll prolly give Bama a one game tv ban, ha! Not that you deserve it, too.*

shannondawg
04-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Heard a om caller yesterday talking about their routine wins over Bama and how they were going be playing for the natl championship next year. Finebaum didn't waste anytime getting him off the air.

TUSK
04-27-2016, 08:37 PM
Heard a om caller yesterday talking about their routine wins over Bama and how they were going be playing for the natl championship next year. Finebaum didn't waste anytime getting him off the air.

I found this amusing.... I usually don't go to OOC games or lower tier SEC games, but I might make this trip next year... Might even wear my sweet, (greek lettered)TYΣK sweatshirt Gravedigger got me....

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/04/ole_miss_defensive_tackle_were.html

BorneDawg
04-28-2016, 08:40 AM

I think the ones who signed with them should have to stay! They knew there was something about to happen or should I say something going on, and chose to go there anyways! They made a very poor decision. They rolled the dice and took the money and girls, so they should have to stay and reap the consequences!!!

BulldogBear
04-28-2016, 08:49 AM
Delete, forgot to quote

BulldogBear
04-28-2016, 08:50 AM
I found this amusing.... I usually don't go to OOC games or lower tier SEC games, but I might make this trip next year... Might even wear my sweet, (greek lettered)TYΣK sweatshirt Gravedigger got me....

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/04/ole_miss_defensive_tackle_were.html

Dang TUSK, I thought I was going to a link to see the shirt, not read more pomposity from Ole Miss types.

Jack Lambert
04-28-2016, 08:55 AM
OM AD Bjork proclaiming the investigation over months ago was belligerent and has to rub the investigators the wrong way.

From denying an investigation even existed to saying it was over when it obviously wasn't has just been overtly hostile towards the NCAA and its team of investigators and it has to piss them off. I think OM has overplayed it's hand here just like they overplayed their hand with Miller which were both incredibly dumb moves.

Don't forget, the NCAA is holding all the cards here.

Their administration reacts emotionally and in knee jerk fashion because they're always thinking about projecting an image instead of playing the tape to the end.

They wouldn't make these mistakes if there were an in state media doing their job and challenging the U of M instead of collaborating with them on how to handle this problem publicly. This gives them a false sense of security so in a paradoxical way the C-L and the NE Daily Journal are OM's worst enemy.

They can do that because they know that their fans are Narrow Minded Candy Asses. Those are the ones they are pandering too and the recruits.

Mjoelner34
04-28-2016, 10:35 AM

Exactly! If new houses, furniture and cars are already flowing, just vacating wins, cutting schollies and imposing booster disassociation isn't going to slow it down. It'll turn into "We don't have a scholly for Billy-Joe Jim-Bob so he'll just walk-on. After he saw our beautiful campus he decided he'd pay his own tuition and come here. Good thing his mama just accepted a nice paying job in Oxford. Now go lead us to a bowl game Billy-Joe Jim-Bob and 17 YOU! NCAA!"

If they don't get a bowl ban, then the NCAA is just wasting time and recruiting will move to a whole other level for many schools.

Bully13
04-28-2016, 10:40 AM
Yep....gotta be a bowl ban. ..otherwise you are letting them comppete for ships. 17 giving them "time out ", we must have a full fledged ass whooping

Ifyouonlyknew
04-28-2016, 11:16 AM
Yep....gotta be a bowl ban. ..otherwise you are letting them comppete for ships. 17 giving them "time out ", we must have a full fledged ass whooping

Maybe I'm missing something but where is this competing for championships talk coming from? They had 1 good recruiting class 4 years ago & 1 this past year. That doesn't equal a championship roster. Championship rosters are made of Top 5-10 recruiting classes yearly & OM doesn't do that. They still not in the top 4 of recruiting in the West but have all this amazing talent to just jump over everybody? Maybe I'm wrong.

sandwolf
04-28-2016, 11:59 AM
Maybe I'm missing something but where is this competing for championships talk coming from? They had 1 good recruiting class 4 years ago & 1 this past year. That doesn't equal a championship roster. Championship rosters are made of Top 5-10 recruiting classes yearly & OM doesn't do that. They still not in the top 4 of recruiting in the West but have all this amazing talent to just jump over everybody? Maybe I'm wrong.

Well, they were a crazy fluke play away from playing Florida for the SEC title last year, so it's not unreasonable for people to feel like the NCAA should hand down sanctions that remove that possibility from the equation for the next few years.

Coach34
04-28-2016, 12:06 PM
Well, they were a crazy fluke play away from playing Florida for the SEC title last year, so it's not unreasonable for people to feel like the NCAA should hand down sanctions that remove that possibility from the equation for the next few years.

They had some fluke plays go their way to beat Bama. It all came out in the wash

sandwolf
04-28-2016, 12:52 PM
They had some fluke plays go their way to beat Bama. It all came out in the wash

Well, it doesn't always work out like that (see Auburn in 2013), but that really isn't the point. The bottom line is that if the NCAA determines that a program cheated to put together their team, then the NCAA should hand down sanctions that prevent that team from competing for championships. And anyone that acts like this isn't an issue because 'OM isn't competing for championships' is completely ignoring the fact that they have been to back to back New Years' Six bowls and that they came really close to winning the West last year.

Political Hack
04-28-2016, 02:28 PM
The NCAA is tightening its noose and looking to make an example out of an SEC school, and if they think a TV ban will bring enough attention and disincentive to stop other SEC schools from cheating, you damn well better believe it's on the table.

I think it's highly unlikely because of the lawsuits that would fly from ESPN, CBS, SEC, etc... but you can bet your bottom dollar it's been discussed given the gravity of the allegations and OM's attempt to save Freeze.

How long until theirs a 30 for 30 covering this chit show?

Dawgowar
04-28-2016, 03:03 PM
In all likelihood tv bans are covered in the contracts. There are always contingencies built in the process

MedDawg
04-28-2016, 03:55 PM

Schultzy
04-28-2016, 04:03 PM
Well, it doesn't always work out like that (see Auburn in 2013), but that really isn't the point. The bottom line is that if the NCAA determines that a program cheated to put together their team, then the NCAA should hand down sanctions that prevent that team from competing for championships. And anyone that acts like this isn't an issue because 'OM isn't competing for championships' is completely ignoring the fact that they have been to back to back New Years' Six bowls and that they came really close to winning the West last year.
Tunsil ain't walkin through that door; Treadwell ain't walkin...

You get the picture, last year was their window and they blew it. All of their big recruits from that 2013 class panned out and they still couldn't get it done.

blacklistedbully
04-28-2016, 04:09 PM

No way this was a wash. OM got one-in-a-million lucky vs Bama. Arky executed their play to ultimately win.

OM needed a 5-0 t/o advantage plus a fluke TD on a well-defended pass that happened to fall into an another OM receiver's hands, and at least 1 other TD that came on a pass play where OM clearly had linemen well downfield to win by 6 points.

OM needed every single one of those things to happen to win that game. That's unreal luck. It's also what makes it particularly laughable when OM fans consider that evidence they are on Bama's level. Somehow I don't think they're ever again going to enjoy that much luck versus a Saban-coached Bama.

Tripp McNeely
04-28-2016, 04:11 PM
Oh, they'll miss a beat or 2 even if the 2 things you list above don't come to fruition.

Say even if, even in the most optimistic bear fan's wet-dream, they only get "9 over 3"...if they start trying to get 13' and 16' classes again...and ONE...I repeat ONE thing slips through the cracks, they are automatically a repeat offender. They don't have to have the massive amount of shenanigans that we see this go-round...it just takes one! And with the "repeat offender" status come the real possibility of death penalty. It actually IS on the table once you get there. It's no longer a pie in the sky dream of most of us on this board, it's a VERY REAL possibility!

They won't/can't risk that. You'll start to see a lot of Cutcliffe classes...actually, let me take that back...PRAY that they continue recruiting like they did in 13' and 16'...pray that they do. Because in that scenario, it only takes one domino, not the whole box of dominoes that are happening now.

But you do bring up and interesting question...wouldn't a second letter or addendum automatically put them in repeat offender status? Someone smarter then me know the answer?

Reason2succeed
04-28-2016, 04:44 PM
Whether they get repeat offender status or not they should definitely be due a LOIC. I can't see how they wouldn't since the NCAA is in on the academic fraud, inducements, and issues with women's basketball and track. Their ntire athletic program was corrupt through several football coaches, athletic directors, and chancellors".

(How snobbish is it that they have a "chancellor" to go along with their Grove and their Pavillion? Give me a break!)

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-28-2016, 05:36 PM
So apparently Bo Davis at bama has been let go due to recruiting violations.

Westdawg
02-24-2017, 08:38 AM
Bump

stalkingpoon
02-24-2017, 08:40 AM
Looks like 40 is the new 20 lol throw in a show cause for Freeze too

CarolinaDawgs
02-24-2017, 09:32 AM
IMO if they wanna act like Football Royalty they need to take the same punishment as USCw and see how long it takes them to get back. Hell, it took USCw 4 years. I REPEAT 4 years to get back into decent spot with their program. A place that has a history of winning and in one of the best cities in the USA.. These dickheads acting like oxford is Vegas or something. Might as well double the recovery time for those shitbirds if they get USCw type penalties. A decade of demise and despair is on the horizon. Hobby Lobby shitbirds.

Bully13
02-24-2017, 09:51 AM
Over at nafoom this is all Leo's fault. Nothing else happened except being set up by Leo and state.

Reason2succeed
02-24-2017, 10:11 AM
Whether they get repeat offender status or not they should definitely be due a LOIC. I can't see how they wouldn't since the NCAA is in on the academic fraud, inducements, and issues with women's basketball and track. Their ntire athletic program was corrupt through several football coaches, athletic directors, and chancellors".

(How snobbish is it that they have a "chancellor" to go along with their Grove and their Pavillion? Give me a break!)

I called this one early. LOIC was obvious and there is no way that they get out of it or Freeze's culpability charge. They're going to get blasted back to the Stone Age.

HSVDawg
02-24-2017, 10:35 AM

IT'S COMING

You serious? That all seems extremely light for double digit Level I violations. I was thinking more along the lines of 30+ scholarships mininum over 3-4 years, 2-3 year bowl ban and definitely a show cause for Freeze. I don't know how you can say the NCAA has more work to do on Freeze. They already have him with a booster on an in-home visit and have multiple coaches on his staff setting up pay for play. Plus he has past issues from his days with Oregeron.

If it shakes out as you predict, I'm gonna be pretty damn disappointed.

ETA: Sorry, didn't realize it was an old post. Obviously its going to be way worse than what was originally thought.

Turfdawg67
02-24-2017, 10:35 AM

IT'S COMING

Well that sucks if true. The NCAA completely wasted a ton of money and time if that's all they get. AND it'll be business as usual at OM.

lamont
02-24-2017, 11:18 AM
That post was before Draft Night

Dawgface
02-24-2017, 11:29 AM
Probably anywhere from 50% to double his original prediction.

saltydawg77
02-24-2017, 11:43 AM
I think coach 34 is severely underestimating the shit they are in. I'm thinking Dan Wolken pretty much nailed it. I think once the whole 2nd notice is released we will have a better understanding of just how bad it is. If they don't beat the LIOC then all of their violations are mitigated at the aggravated level and that will be catastrophic! My thinking is: 40-60 scholarships over 4 to 6 years; 2 to 3 year bowl ban 2 yr. for sure which will allow for people to transfer w/o sitting out; I don't think Pastor Freeze will make it much longer-maybe a few more weeks; and show-causes for him and Nix, and Luke and several of the one that are no longer there.

Turfdawg67
02-24-2017, 11:58 AM
That post was before Draft Night

Ahh... sorry. I feel better now.

Gutter Cobreh
02-24-2017, 12:06 PM
I think coach 34 is severely underestimating the shit they are in. I'm thinking Dan Wolken pretty much nailed it. I think once the whole 2nd notice is released we will have a better understanding of just how bad it is. If they don't beat the LIOC then all of their violations are mitigated at the aggravated level and that will be catastrophic! My thinking is: 40-60 scholarships over 4 to 6 years; 2 to 3 year bowl ban 2 yr. for sure which will allow for people to transfer w/o sitting out; I don't think Pastor Freeze will make it much longer-maybe a few more weeks; and show-causes for him and Nix, and Luke and several of the one that are no longer there.

Go back and look at when Coach made that prediction. This thread has been bumped from quite some time ago, so his original prediction is null and void after seeing what happened this week....

saltydawg77
02-24-2017, 12:12 PM
yeah I saw that after I posted! lol!

Westdawg
02-24-2017, 12:16 PM
Go back and look at when Coach made that prediction. This thread has been bumped from quite some time ago, so his original prediction is null and void after seeing what happened this week....

LOL. Sorry fellas. I bumped this post from a year ago because of current news. Thought it was fitting.
So, reminder to ED, THIS IS AN OLD THREAD BUMPED DUE TO THIS WEEK'S EVENTS. But still have all the fun with it that you want 👍😁😬