PDA

View Full Version : New Ourlads' mock draft released today - Dak to Denver 1st round

DancingRabbit
04-25-2016, 06:55 PM
Seems like most mocks have Dak as the 4th, 5th or 6th QB taken but they have him as the 3rd.

Been seeing some rumblings that Tunsil would be the 2nd OT taken behind Ronnie Stanley which is the case here.

No Chris Jones in the 1st which I question. I think Chris will go in the 1st, and ahead of Dak.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft/mock/2016/ourlads-mock-draft-4.0-4-25-16/85

JoseBrown
04-25-2016, 07:04 PM
"Starksville". That made it right there! Good analysis of Dak. Would be cool if he in fact goes first round...

RocketDawg
04-25-2016, 07:05 PM
"Starksville". That made it right there! Good analysis of Dak. Would be cool if he in fact goes first round...

And I wouldn't mind at all if he goes to Denver.

SDDawg
04-25-2016, 07:10 PM
Gonna be interesting!

Dawgface
04-25-2016, 07:13 PM
Would love to see it.

Dawg61
04-25-2016, 07:31 PM
When I first clicked the site it had our logo in place of the Philadelphia Eagles logo for the 2nd pick.

Coach34
04-25-2016, 08:29 PM
the two teams moving up into the top 2 slots moved Dak up obviously. No way at this point he makes it out of the 2nd round. All this may have forced Dallas hand early in the 2nd- unless Denver really does take him. Gonna be interesting

CadaverDawg
04-25-2016, 08:33 PM
Seems kinda high for a "fullback playing QB that will never get drafted".

-Rebel Nation

Dallas_Dawg
04-25-2016, 08:37 PM
Around this time of year, QBs suddenly jolt up draft boards and they don't usually turn out that well. Those teams that are awful and need QBs pick them just because they are desperate. I hope Dak goes to a team where he can sit a year or two because I don't think is ready to save a franchise. Not decisive enough and doesn't make enough throws over the middle and doesn't have the touch on the deep ball.
These are things he can work on, but hopefully can work on as a backup somewhere for a couple of seasons with a good coach.

Irondawg
04-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Yep Lynch and hackenberg are shooting up projections as well

djaymsu5
04-25-2016, 10:15 PM
As much as I would love to see it I seriously doubt Dak goes in the 1st. I have seen crazier things in the draft though.

Coach34
04-25-2016, 10:34 PM
As much as I would love to see it I seriously doubt Dak goes in the 1st. I have seen crazier things in the draft though.

agreed. He's not a 1st round draft pick. But he is a solid 2nd-3rd rounder. Dallas makes great sense as someone who needs a back-up who needs time to grow. If they will do it right and Romo will holdup.

I think he is a reach for Denver as their 1st pick- because they are looking for a starter. Dakota needs a year to sit and learn.

MetEdDawg
04-25-2016, 11:05 PM
This is an odd year. Not only do you have the normal teams drafting that just don't have good QBs, but you have a couple teams that will be replacing long starting QBs either this year or in the very near future. That's putting QBs at a premium even more than usual.

I don't see Dak 1st round though. I think it's 2nd round. But there's always that chance of a trade. I could see Dallas trading ahead of Denver if they think the Broncos are going QB. That could get another QB in the 1st round. 49ers could do the same, Saints and Redskins could too. There are a lot of teams that have questionable starters or starters of that are 30 or older. Got a lot of teams that could possibly be finding a future replacement for a QB.

djaymsu5
04-26-2016, 07:11 AM
agreed. He's not a 1st round draft pick. But he is a solid 2nd-3rd rounder. Dallas makes great sense as someone who needs a back-up who needs time to grow. If they will do it right and Romo will holdup.

I think he is a reach for Denver as their 1st pick- because they are looking for a starter. Dakota needs a year to sit and learn.

I agree! Having said that with our only chance ever to have a MS State QB go in the 1st round I would not complain one bit if he did go to Denver. That's my favorite team so I would be beyond pumped. I agree that he needs some time to learn but there is no time like the present to do it.

Bama_Dawg
04-26-2016, 10:20 AM

and I don't think the Sam Bradford to Denver option is out of the question either. Bradford wants OUT of Philly.

jumbo
04-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Yep Lynch and hackenberg are shooting up projections as well

As a Titans fan I'm hoping someone other than the Texans take Hackenburg. If he gets reunited with OBrien I expect good things from him.

Political Hack
04-26-2016, 10:34 AM
I think Denver takes him in the 2nd or Philly in the 3rd at the latest, assuming they don't go stupid and take a QB either their #1. I still think all that's a smoke screen. I think they're targeting someone else. Ramsey wouldn't surprise me at all. He's a super freak. Bosa and Jack could be the guy too. I can't begin to understand how they go from 13 to 2 for a QB they could've probably gotten at 6.

smootness
04-26-2016, 12:14 PM
and I don't think the Sam Bradford to Denver option is out of the question either. Bradford wants OUT of Philly.

Denver is looking for a starter.

MetEdDawg
04-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Denver is looking for a starter.

From what I've been told from my buddy in Denver, they are looking for a starter, but think a rookie might could start mid year if they aren't able to get a legit starting QB in free agency. That's why the talk of Dak has come up because apparently some in their camp think he could be a mid to late year starter this year for them.