PDA

View Full Version : Neal McCready on OM NCAA

BeastMan
04-25-2016, 04:42 PM
https://olemiss.n.rivals.com/news/mccready-10-weekend-thoughts-presented-by-harry-alexander-16

"Anyway, while I find some of the guesses about NCAA penalties to be amusing (how can anyone know what the penalties will be when the NCAA hasn?t even heard the university?s response?), I do anticipate Ole Miss is going to get hit fairly hard when the penalties come down." -Neal McCready

CadaverDawg
04-25-2016, 04:45 PM
So he throws a "guess" out after saying "people throwing guesses out are silly"?

chef dixon
04-25-2016, 04:47 PM
LOL.

The same guy that was saying that there was nothing to see here and all women's track on his podcast a couple months ago.

CadaverDawg
04-25-2016, 04:50 PM
LOL.

The same guy that was saying that there was nothing to see here and all women's track on his podcast a couple months ago.

Exactly. What a dipshit. Just admitted he was lying and just toting the company line

BulldogBear
04-25-2016, 04:50 PM
LOL.

When this is all over, somebody needs to do a denial/reality timeline and publish it in several leading southern newspapers, perhaps the flagship in each SEC state.

Coach34
04-25-2016, 04:53 PM
David Johnson joined Elitedawgs and Rosey in finally acknowledging. Now McReady

they know IT'S COMING boys

BeastMan
04-25-2016, 04:54 PM
Everybody has been asking for the OM reporting on it. There it is.

BossDawg
04-25-2016, 04:59 PM
I do anticipate Ole Miss is going to get hit fairly hard when the penalties come down." -Neal McCready

It appears as though Freeze has bitten off more than he can chew (pun intended).

maroonmania
04-25-2016, 05:03 PM
David Johnson joined Elitedawgs and Rosey in finally acknowledging. Now McReady

they know IT'S COMING boys

Yep, I believe reality is finally setting in up there. And seriously, in how many NCAA cases has the university's response actually made a significant difference? Once the NCAA sends in their NOA they have pretty much already made up their mind about the situation. The university can't do all that much to impact anything unless they have something about the NCAA's methods that would warrant some kind of legal action.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-25-2016, 05:07 PM
He covers his tail with the faithful by saying they couldn't find anything recruiting wise so they'll really hammer them for Tunsil & academic fraud. Smart on his part. So now instead of we're cheaters it's the NCAA is just out to get us. Freeze continues to be the great upright upstanding Christian & everybody complains they should sue the NCAA. The blueprint is being laid so they can be the victim.

chef dixon
04-25-2016, 05:11 PM
He covers his tail with the faithful by saying they couldn't find anything recruiting wise so they'll really hammer them for Tunsil & academic fraud. Smart on his part. So now instead of we're cheaters it's the NCAA is just out to get us. Freeze continues to be the great upright upstanding Christian & everybody complains they should sue the NCAA. The blueprint is being laid so they can be the victim.

Bingo. Never their fault.

But when recruiting stuff starts to be uncovered they will have to revamp

LeakyD
04-25-2016, 05:15 PM
McCready's tune has changed regarding the expected severity of penalties, but there is still an arrogant attitude of NCAA couldn't prove Freeze and staff cheated. Who knows what Tunsil's stepdad helped them uncover. I would consider free loaner cars pay for play. I've been driving a lot longer than Tunsil and never been given a car to use for even a week.

McReady and the rest will admit more when it becomes common knowledge. Until then, they will not carry on the narrative of an NCAA witch hunt against Freeze and the 2013 class.

Jarius
04-25-2016, 05:17 PM
Lol. It's all going to come out in the end. He will be proven a liar yet again when the NCAA outlines how they caught their ass. I'm sure he will say "it was just a guess". He's trying to get the Jim Jones crowd to focus their anger at the NCAA for bullying innocent little Hugh Freeze instead of just admitting that the entire culture up there is rotten, starting with the head coach.

MedDawg
04-25-2016, 05:19 PM

Dawg496
04-25-2016, 05:19 PM
Are McReady's podcasts archived online? Would love to find quotes and combine soundbits into a timeline for shits and giggles.

BossDawg
04-25-2016, 05:22 PM
He's trying to get the Jim Jones crowd to focus their anger at the NCAA for bullying innocent little Hugh Freeze instead of just admitting that the entire culture up there is rotten, starting with the head coach.

That would be a dumb move.

Wait.....On second though, no, that would be a great idea. UM fans should definitely get in contact with the NCAA and speak their minds on the situation. Email away! Click an ad, too!

Jarius
04-25-2016, 05:41 PM
https://twitter.com/hind_leg/status/724719277979275265

Percho
04-25-2016, 05:45 PM
Who is the guy from MS with the deep resonant voice who just asked Fine about Slive?

Archie was the caller.

Percho
04-25-2016, 05:46 PM
Fine says he don't know nothing.

LC Dawg
04-25-2016, 05:48 PM
There is a narrative out there that completely trashes Hugh Freeze. It paints Ole Miss as a noble school that was duped by a slick con artist. This is in the same folder as the other narratives and the flock hopes they don't have to use it but it is written just in case. Once Ole Miss thinks a coach can't help them anymore they go all in on trashing them. If Freeze is busted and this narrative needs to be used I'll bet Archie is the one who will be at the forefront of promoting it.

1bigdawg
04-25-2016, 05:54 PM

I have an Ole Miss nephew who says it is all Alabama using their clout to nail them because they are mad about losing to Freeze.... It is NEVER their fault.

Dolphus Raymond
04-25-2016, 05:58 PM
An Ole Miss friend of mine now says "12 over 3 ". The needle is moving....

Coach34
04-25-2016, 06:05 PM
An Ole Miss friend of mine now says "12 over 3 ". The needle is moving....

gonna be at least double that and a show cause or two for the current staff

RIdog
04-25-2016, 06:07 PM
gonna be at least double that and a show cause or two for the current staff

24 over 3 ? That's CRIPPLING !

Coach34
04-25-2016, 06:15 PM
24 over 3 ? That's CRIPPLING !

not sure on the years- but I'll be shocked if less than 20. Literally nobody I've talked to thinks less than 20

shannondawg
04-25-2016, 06:16 PM
Coast Dog Geezer/ He is very good, and had Paul on the defensive

Who is the guy from MS with the deep resonant voice who just asked Fine about Slive?

Archie was the caller. Archie is a complete ole miss asshole, who is irrelevant, but calls everyday.

Dolphus Raymond
04-25-2016, 06:16 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of 25 over 4-5, 1 year bowl ban, Nix with a show cause. I think Freeze had sense enough to insulate himself from a lot of the violations that have occurred since he has been HC. However, if he gets tied-in to the Waynesboro mess when he worked for O, all bets are off.
Just my guess.

Coach34
04-25-2016, 06:19 PM
Yeah- Geezer was very good on Finebaum today. Those damn Elitedawgs are everywhere

Coach34
04-25-2016, 06:24 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of 25 over 4-5, 1 year bowl ban, Nix with a show cause. I think Freeze had sense enough to insulate himself from a lot of the violations that have occurred since he has been HC. However, if he gets tied-in to the Waynesboro mess when he worked for O, all bets are off.
Just my guess.

that seems to be very close to the prevailing opinion

mic
04-25-2016, 06:26 PM
The 30 for 30 is going to be great..

Percho
04-25-2016, 06:26 PM
Archie is a complete ole miss asshole, who is irrelevant, but calls everyday.

Thanks I did not catch his name when the call came in.

PassInterference
04-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Every time McReady has reported something, the truth has been worse.

Expect that to still be the case.

All we are seeing today is an admission that nobody hired Mike Slive for a few secondary self reports.

shannondawg
04-25-2016, 06:29 PM

Archie was the caller. and a complete ole miss asshole, who is irrelevant, but calls everyday.

BossDawg
04-25-2016, 06:35 PM
Just my guess.

I'd bet the farm that Freeze knew pretty much everything that was going on, and that he encouraged it. The system is probably set up to make him look clueless, but make no mistake, he more than likely knew. What was that he said in the locker room after losing the '13 Egg Bowl? Something about recruiting better to make sure it doesn't happen again? He knew exactly what he was saying and what the bag men were gonna be doing.

Lumpy Chucklelips
04-25-2016, 06:49 PM
The narrative of serious penalties needs to be in front of every recruit from coast to coast beginning yesterday. There's no need in waiting for the NCAA to hand them down first. Their ass needs to start feeling the pain now. I want to see their smartass, elite prick asses when they go 2-9 again.

Dolphus Raymond
04-25-2016, 06:59 PM
I agree with BossDawg on Freeze. He knew what was occurring and encouraged it. However, my hunch is he kept it at arms-length to ensure he could maintain plausible denability.
I for one am really enjoying this entire process. The evolution of the talking-points is very entertaining.

Gutter Cobreh
04-25-2016, 07:07 PM
I agree with BossDawg on Freeze. He knew what was occurring and encouraged it. However, my hunch is he kept it at arms-length to ensure he could maintain plausible denability.
I for one am really enjoying this entire process. The evolution of the talking-points is very entertaining.

I would tend to agree, but he has yet to show any ability to develop talent. At this point, I'm hoping they get what Coach is suggesting and Freezus doesn't receive a show cause. This way, he gets to wallow in what he helped to facilitate and his talent shrinks to nothing comparable to the 5*'s they've bought until now.

BeastMan
04-25-2016, 07:07 PM
The 30 for 30 is going to be great..

What's really interesting is that 30 for 30 looked in to doing one on OM after the 2013 class. That's not hearsay or rumor. That's 100% fact

DancingRabbit
04-25-2016, 07:14 PM
Pat Forde tweet - North Carolina promptly produced both a Notice of Allegations and a conference call to discuss it. Ole Miss? Three months and counting.

https://twitter.com/YahooForde/status/724698826330640385

http://i.giphy.com/g92PR2fvnj0OI.gif

Jarius
04-25-2016, 07:16 PM
With the new rule, it's not supposed to matter whether or Not freeze knew what was going on. It's his program and responsibility and he can't use the "I didn't know excuse."

BossDawg
04-25-2016, 07:17 PM
What's really interesting is that 30 for 30 looked in to doing one on OM after the 2013 class. That's not hearsay or rumor. That's 100% fact

Srsly? What was their angle supposed to be? How UM cheated or some fluff piece about how Freeze pulled off the "impossible"?

DancingRabbit
04-25-2016, 07:27 PM
With the new rule, it's not supposed to matter whether or Not freeze knew what was going on. It's his program and responsibility and he can't use the "I didn't know excuse."

They could sanction Freeze, ignore the "I didn't know excuse" and still not give him a show cause.

Larry Brown was suspended for 9 games at SMU, probably had some recruiting restrictions imposed as well. Doubtful that Hugh gets a show cause but he could still incur some stiff penalties.

msbulldog
04-25-2016, 07:30 PM
Yeah- Geezer was very good on Finebaum today. Those damn Elitedawgs are everywhere

Was that you 34, I was listening!

gravedigger
04-25-2016, 07:32 PM
https://olemiss.n.rivals.com/news/mccready-10-weekend-thoughts-presented-by-harry-alexander-16

"Anyway, while I find some of the guesses about NCAA penalties to be amusing (how can anyone know what the penalties will be when the NCAA hasn?t even heard the university?s response?), I do anticipate Ole Miss is going to get hit fairly hard when the penalties come down." -Neal McCready

Ill say this, mcready and cross putting this out is preparation for the worst. These were not random responses. These were measured. Sounds very much like the talking points we hear in the political realm.

Mcready is telling om fans that the severity of the sanctions is due to sanders and not anything from the current staff.

My feeling is i dont care. I dont care why they think it hurts. Just that it does. Ole miss did cheat. The 2013 class may or not be evidence. But the 2016 class is gonna pay.

B O O. H O O

I would hope that 30 days from the last delay, we can bribe someone to delay it again. Ideally, labor day would be a phenominal day of atonement.

But i digress. Forget show cause. Forget tv bans. Forget bowl bans. Scholarships and recruiting visits. The rest will be a byproduct.

shannondawg
04-25-2016, 07:39 PM
The narrative of serious penalties needs to be in front of every recruit from coast to coast beginning yesterday. There's no need in waiting for the NCAA to hand them down first. Their ass needs to start feeling the pain now. I want to see their smartass, elite prick asses when they go 2-9 again.

With the states major rag keeping a lid on this thing, its going to be hard to get it out there. Heat needs to be put on the reporters and talk show hosts.

blacklistedbully
04-25-2016, 07:58 PM
McGreasey also said Chad Kelly was the SEC's best QB last year.

BeastMan
04-25-2016, 08:00 PM
Srsly? What was their angle supposed to be? How UM cheated or some fluff piece about how Freeze pulled off the "impossible"?

That would be up to the producer so I have no idea. It was Simon at the time. It never made it past the initial stages.

BrunswickDawg
04-25-2016, 08:19 PM
"What if I told you that miracles do happen? That a girls high school basketball coach, who had to have Sandra Bullock teach his offensive lineman how to block, developed an irresistible formula for success and turn Oxford, MS into ground zero for the greatest dynasty in the history of college football. And he did it all with a little faith." <poot noises>

Dawgowar
04-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Ill say this, mcready and cross putting this out is preparation for the worst. These were not random responses. These were measured. Sounds very much like the talking points we hear in the political realm.

Mcready is telling om fans that the severity of the sanctions is due to sanders and not anything from the current staff.

My feeling is i dont care. I dont care why they think it hurts. Just that it does. Ole miss did cheat. The 2013 class may or not be evidence. But the 2016 class is gonna pay.

B O O. H O O

I would hope that 30 days from the last delay, we can bribe someone to delay it again. Ideally, labor day would be a phenominal day of atonement.

But i digress. Forget show cause. Forget tv bans. Forget bowl bans. Scholarships and recruiting visits. The rest will be a byproduct.

McCready is the first to sound the new message. I would not be surprised if they have NOT been given any self-imposed option they deem acceptable. Hence they have decided to play the long game for multiple reasons.

Prevent mass transfers prior to the 2016 season.

Save a higher percentage of their existing staff - since they will never repent from their fetish of recruiting at all costs.

Hope by delaying, the NCAA will make an error that will force them, a la Miami, to lesson the penalties and accept the initial weak self-imposed offer.

Stall and get the undiscovered elements of the network safely out of range of the NCAA's radar.

I hope they delay, delay, and delay. By the time this gets bad they will be like us after JWS - competing with Marshall and Bowling Green for an undersized player

Then, the hammer will drop and they will be hoping Vandy has a bad day when they play.

Harrydawg
04-25-2016, 08:31 PM
"What if I told you that miracles do happen? That a girls high school basketball coach, who had to have Sandra Bullock teach his offensive lineman how to block, developed an irresistible formula for success and turn Oxford, MS into ground zero for the greatest dynasty in the history of college football. And he did it all with a little faith." <poot noises>

This, it was just a little too much a little too fast.

gravedigger
04-25-2016, 08:32 PM

Classic. Bravo

notsofarawaydawg
04-25-2016, 08:34 PM
It appears as though Freeze has bitten off more than he can chew (pun intended).

+10

BeardoMSU
04-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Is this how Neal proves he's "not a fan"?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
04-25-2016, 09:29 PM

Anybody remember what hour Geezer was on Finebaum today? I'd like to go back an listen to the podcast but don't want to search through every hour if I don't have to. Love hearing people put Pauuul in his place when he starts trying to talk over them.

BulldogBear
04-25-2016, 09:32 PM
I will surprised if Hugh Freeze is still head coach in 2017 season. If he gets a show cause he'll be out. If he doesnt, I believe he will leave. Either way, this is his last hurrah.

DancingRabbit
04-25-2016, 09:39 PM
I will surprised if Hugh Freeze is still head coach in 2017 season. If he gets a show cause he'll be out. If he doesnt, I believe he will leave. Either way, this is his last hurrah.

He's making nearly $5M/yr - he's not going anywhere of his own accord.

Coach34
04-25-2016, 09:49 PM
Anybody remember what hour Geezer was on Finebaum today? I'd like to go back an listen to the podcast but don't want to search through every hour if I don't have to. Love hearing people put Pauuul in his place when he starts trying to talk over them.

last hour- about halfway thru

msbulldog
04-26-2016, 06:03 AM
I believe it was between 3:30 & 4:30.

BulldogBear
04-26-2016, 06:22 AM
He's making nearly $5M/yr - he's not going anywhere of his own accord.

Pride can be a powerful thing

BhamBully
04-26-2016, 08:06 AM
Is this how Neal proves he's "not a fan"?

I know, can you imagine his reaction if it was ULM???

blacklistedbully
04-26-2016, 09:24 AM
Didn't sound to me like Paul was trying to talk-down John. He repeatedly made reference to John, "knowing more about it" than Paul himself did. Paul admitted he has kept in-touch with Slive, but had not asked him about this, and had not talked to Slive since this came out.

He also said he would ask Slive, but would not be surprised if Slive offered no comment since this is already out in the public rumor-mill.

Paul also said, if true (Slive and multiple coaches getting lawyers), this looks bad for Ole Miss.

Saltydog
04-26-2016, 12:37 PM
deceitful. Our Rebel brethren will damn you to eternal hell fire and brimstone for that.

coastdoglover
04-26-2016, 02:12 PM

Around 5:30 in his last segment