04-25-2016, 12:30 PM
We'll see how this goes.

msstate7
04-25-2016, 12:43 PM
Surprising, but he's pitched well.

12.0 ip 0.00 era 8 h 3 bb 10 k 0.92 whip

CadaverDawg
04-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Not sure how to feel about that, but we'll see how it goes. Maybe he shuts em down.

Saltydog
04-25-2016, 12:56 PM
could help our RPI, so we need to play well.

smootness
04-25-2016, 01:07 PM
Surprising, but he's pitched well.

12.0 ip 0.00 era 8 h 3 bb 10 k 0.92 whip

Right. If not him, who else?

bulldogcountry1
04-25-2016, 01:08 PM
I like it. He deserves an opportunity.

msstate7
04-25-2016, 01:09 PM
Right. If not him, who else?

Figured we'd either see Houston or Daniel brown. I couldn't care less though... Just wanna win. Hopefully cyr will take this opportunity and run with it

CadaverDawg
04-25-2016, 01:15 PM
What age is Cyr? I should know this, but don't. Juco guy or a youngster?

Johnson85
04-25-2016, 01:15 PM
We'll see how this goes.

Who is Ryan Cyr? One of the freshmens I take it?

preachermatt83
04-25-2016, 01:18 PM
Best freshman pitcher we have imo.

Backwoodsdawg
04-25-2016, 01:30 PM
We'll see how this goes.

Cyr has been solid and has that here it is come get it attitude that it takes. Hoping he has a great outing!

MetEdDawg
04-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Why would he not pitch? I think he's got a chance to solidify Sunday's spot if he runs out there and shuts OM down. I know he doesn't have many innings under his belt, but we've got to trot him out there and see what he can do. And honestly, who else do you trust? I sure as heck don't trust Brown, Tatum, or Houston as they've repeatedly shown they can't get quality starts.

Go Cyr and if he shuts OM down, let him start Sunday and move Pilkington back to Tuesday.

War Machine Dawg
04-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Wish it were Breaux, but I'm ok with this. I'm just wondering why the hell we won't use Cyr on the weekends. He's earned a chance more than Tatum or Houston have.

War Machine Dawg
04-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Why would he not pitch? I think he's got a chance to solidify Sunday's spot if he runs out there and shuts OM down. I know he doesn't have many innings under his belt, but we've got to trot him out there and see what he can do. And honestly, who else do you trust? I sure as heck don't trust Brown, Tatum, or Houston as they've repeatedly shown they can't get quality starts.

Go Cyr and if he shuts OM down, let him start Sunday and move Pilkington back to Tuesday.

Pilkington hasn't really done poorly on Sunday. The problem is he's not ready to go through the batting order more than once and we don't have anyone reliable enough to tandem pitch with him. We really need someone like Breaux to step up so we can have the ol' Fitts Special on Sunday: "Starter" goes through the order once but gets yanked shortly thereafter for a long reliever then hand it off to the closer late if need be. I was hoping Houston could fill that role, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. It should be a crime to have Houston's arm and not be able to be a meaningful contributor.

chef dixon
04-25-2016, 01:50 PM
Pilkington hasn't really done poorly on Sunday. The problem is he's not ready to go through the batting order more than once and we don't have anyone reliable enough to tandem pitch with him. We really need someone like Breaux to step up so we can have the ol' Fitts Special on Sunday: "Starter" goes through the order once but gets yanked shortly thereafter for a long reliever then hand it off to the closer late if need be. I was hoping Houston could fill that role, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. It should be a crime to have Houston's arm and not be able to be a meaningful contributor.

Unfortunately, nothing really happened in yesterday's game that says Pilkington wasn't prepared to go through their order again. Completely let down by the defense. I honestly wouldn't have been against them letting him try to get out of it on his own.

Taog Redloh
04-25-2016, 02:54 PM
Pilkington hasn't really done poorly on Sunday. The problem is he's not ready to go through the batting order more than once and we don't have anyone reliable enough to tandem pitch with him.
Agreed but I think you need to give him more credit. Without the ridiculous blunders of the 4th inning or whatever, he probably goes 6 innings and we likely beat LSU.

So yeah, I don't think we should even think about pulling Pilkington out of that role at this point.

Taog Redloh
04-25-2016, 02:57 PM
And honestly, who else do you trust?
Why would you not trust Pilkington? It isn't our fault our infield can't field routine pop-ups or ground balls. Not to mention the lack of range at SS, due to Alexander being hurt.

Sure you might blame him for kinda letting it fall apart on him, but come on the guy is a freshman. He's only getting better. He beat the #1 team in the country at their place - he should be the Sunday starter until HE proves he isn't.

Jack Lambert
04-25-2016, 03:01 PM
We are going to light Ole Miss pitcher up. He will be able or who ever is pitching will be able to pitch with the lead.

RocketDawg
04-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Best freshman pitcher we have imo.

I don't recall seeing him in a game this year. Has it been a while?

War Machine Dawg
04-25-2016, 06:35 PM
Agreed but I think you need to give him more credit. Without the ridiculous blunders of the 4th inning or whatever, he probably goes 6 innings and we likely beat LSU.

So yeah, I don't think we should even think about pulling Pilkington out of that role at this point.

Truth. Hurry back Belmont.

War Machine Dawg
04-25-2016, 06:37 PM

He's mostly been used during our midweek Freshmens Johnny Wholestaff routine. Hasn't pitched on the weekend in a while. Sucks, because his stuff is nasty and the numbers say he deserves a shot over Houston, Tatum, etc.

Todd4State
04-25-2016, 07:30 PM

He threw three innings against ULM Weds.

Homedawg
04-25-2016, 07:46 PM
He's mostly been used during our midweek Freshmens Johnny Wholestaff routine. Hasn't pitched on the weekend in a while. Sucks, because his stuff is nasty and the numbers say he deserves a shot over Houston, Tatum, etc.

He hasn't been on an Sec weekend roster. Thus, hasn't pitched in a league game.