PDA

View Full Version : Check this out: Packaged Plays and Newest Form of Option Football

NorCalDawg
08-16-2013, 03:01 PM
This is from grantland.com. This starts out talking about Syracuse the later highlights how Ole Miss ran the same play 5 times, but with 4 different options.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/71569/packaged-plays-and-the-newest-form-of-option-football?ex_cid=grantland33

I'm certainly not a football expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I know many of you on here are. So, my question is two-fold; 1) do we run any packages like this, and 2) is this really something new?

PassInterference
08-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Not new at all. You can run the same option play 5 times in a row and have it look at lot different on each snap depending on how many options and reads there are in the development of the play.

Political Hack
08-16-2013, 04:32 PM
even high schools will go to the line with a run pass option sometimes.

NorCalDawg
08-16-2013, 06:18 PM
I guess I'm missing the point of the article, because it's titled "...Newest Form of Option Football".

QuadrupleOption
08-16-2013, 07:14 PM
So how do you defend it? Try to figure out what formation they're in and what options they have, then disguise your defense and jump the underneath routes?