PDA

View Full Version : No plan for Dudy Noble

bobcat91
08-16-2013, 02:27 PM
AD Stricklin admits that DN renovation is in the planning stage. In other words there is no plan for DN. Let that sink in. Some people squirm when I say that Stricklin is LT with some personality. No vision at all. He went on to say that we had to get the SEC softball hosting set back to 2016 since we haven't even started renovating the softball stadium. I miss Greg Byrne. This kind of crap would not be happening if he was still here. We simply have to leadership in the athletic department. Stricklin is in over his head.

Goat Holder
08-16-2013, 02:34 PM
We don't have the money right now. Do you not realize we're in the middle of a 75 million dollar football stadium addition?

And you are also ignorant as to how these things work. If you don't have a good plan, you will fail. Planning is a necessary and integral part of the process.

DanDority
08-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Realize we're in the middle of a 75 million dollar football stadium addition?
If you don't have a good plan, you will fail. Planning is a necessary and integral part of the process.

Great Point Goat!

breazy
08-16-2013, 02:46 PM
you fail at reading comprehension...He said they were in the planning stages...and if you want to read between the lines, he said something to the effect that whatever is done at the Dude needs to be something that holds the large crowds but doesn't swallow a smaller midweek crowd..in otherwords whatever expansion/rebuild they do will fall under those guidelines.

Pull your head out of your ass and learn to read for comprehension.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Whats with the phrase "let that sink in"? Either you keep using it over and over or others use it as well. If you read it, it sinks in, no?

I don't blink when you say Strick is in way over his head. I've been saying it since he was hired. He pretends to be Byrne. All he's done is keep going with Byrne's marketing strategies, but here is no substance behind him.

I find it hard to believe that Goat has a right to call bobcat ignorant. Goat is ignorant for calling bobcat ignorant. I mean come on. Who cares. Why you calling him ignorant. He's making a damn good point. It's ridiculous that folks aren't moving on putting something together. I don't care if it's years in the making, you need to put a damn PLAN together (for you Goat) and go on and announce what you PLAN to do, even if it's going to take awhile. That way you look competent. I don't give a flying F about girls softball. Burn the softball field down for all I care. It's just a drain on the athletic budget. Only parents, girl softball players, and sickos watch women's softball.

Greg Byrne was irreplaceable.

breazy
08-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Comment From Andrew
What is the status of expansion and renovation of Dudy Noble?
1:28
Comment From David Magee
Are there any plans to renovate Dudy Noble Field?
Comment From Steve Brantley
Scott, seems like I heard you say we have a plan for Dudy Noble but must find the funding next. When do you plan to show the plans and can you tell us a few things today?
Scott Stricklin: So, any interest in Dudy Noble ...

We have begun preliminary planning for the future of DNF. Don't know when we will be far enough along to share renderings, but we have some priorities that will shape those conversations. And, at some point, we will engage fans to get their thoughts before we get too far down the road.

Priorities include improving aesthetics, maintaining ability to have large crowds (14,000-plus) without making the place swallow up moderate-sized crowds (say 5,000 or so), adding restrooms and concessions, enhancing and maintaining the Left Field Lounge and providing new premium seat opportunities. And, of course, we always look for ways to enhance the areas that directly impact our players, such as locker rooms.

The bold and underlined.....We can maintain 14000 without doing anything. as proven by this years regionals. the other stuff, some would say can be done w/ the dude as it is, and some would say raze it and start anew. I think strick is looking at all options and hope for a razing.

Sandman14
the full-on assaults at the drop of a hat by nerds continue around here.

Goat Holder
He's making a damn good point.

No, he's not.

And yes, there is a plan in place. Stricklin said that. DNF is still a Top 5 facility in the country. We are recruiting lights out. Exactly how is DNF holding us back again?

And yes, Byrne is hard to replace. Has nothing to do with Stricklin.

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2013, 02:53 PM
We also just lost over 150k in going to Omaha.

I know that is chump change in the grand scheme of things, but for a baseball program, that is a major loss.

It shouldn't be that way, since we ****ing packed that damn place.

breazy
08-16-2013, 02:53 PM
the full-on assaults at the drop of a hat by nerds continue around here.

sweet name calling...good job.

08-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Someone please assure me we have contacted Janet Smith.

Goat Holder
08-16-2013, 02:56 PM
You are outlining another major problem with college sports. These postseason tournaments/bowls/etc. always seems to COST the schools money. WTF is that about? Should be the opposite. THAT is why I hate the NCAA. Greedy bastards. I will never give my money to another bowl or NCAA postseason tournament. It all goes to Starkville.

Sandman14
Comment From Andrew
What is the status of expansion and renovation of Dudy Noble?
Comment From David Magee
Are there any plans to renovate Dudy Noble Field?
Comment From Steve Brantley
Scott, seems like I heard you say we have a plan for Dudy Noble but must find the funding next. When do you plan to show the plans and can you tell us a few things today?
Scott Stricklin: So, any interest in Dudy Noble ...

We have begun preliminary planning for the future of DNF. Don't know when we will be far enough along to share renderings, but we have some priorities that will shape those conversations. And, at some point, we will engage fans to get their thoughts before we get too far down the road.

Priorities include improving aesthetics, maintaining ability to have large crowds (14,000-plus) without making the place swallow up moderate-sized crowds (say 5,000 or so), adding restrooms and concessions, enhancing and maintaining the Left Field Lounge and providing new premium seat opportunities. And, of course, we always look for ways to enhance the areas that directly impact our players, such as locker rooms.

The bold and underlined.....We can maintain 14000 without doing anything. as proven by this years regionals. the other stuff, some would say can be done w/ the dude as it is, and some would say raze it and start anew. I think strick is looking at all options and hope for a razing.

I think what's going on is exactly what I've said all along. They ain't tearing down the grandstand...not any time in the next 5 years anyway. It ain't happening. We are too good just the way we are.

Now eventually? Yeah hopefully. But no time soon, and there will be upgrades before the ripping down of the grandstand. And I don't have a problem with that. It's actually a good idea. When you have all the records for crowds and you are widely known as the best experience in college baseball, you don't have to go ripping down your facilities. Just because a monster school like LSU did it, that does not mean we are going to do it at MSU...not in the middle of a football expansion for sure...

RunDog26
I remember wooden bleachers at DNF. Not suggesting that we don't need to improve our baseball venue soon, but I don't see how DNF in its current state is hurting our program.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 02:57 PM
sweet name calling...good job.

my pleasure, sir. I call em like I see em. If a nerd attack ensues, I'll let you know. These nerd attacks should be stamped out.

Ghost of Hank Flick
08-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Wow at the stupid statements here. You don't just slap a plan together. There are a ton of variables to consider before you can even have options. Then once you have options you can make decisions. Then once you've decided you can raise the money. We haven't raised the money for softball/tennis yet so don't give your hopes up that baseball is coming within the next couple of years. I am as big of a baseball fan as anyone, but in the business of college athletics, they aren't taking in the money so they can get in line. Everything pales in comparison to football which we are currently building. And, we are always building so I don't know where this half cocked notion that Strick has no vision comes from.

Goat Holder
08-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Not suggesting that we don't need to improve our baseball venue soon, but I don't see how DNF in its current state is hurting our program.

BINGO

Homedawg
08-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Whats with the phrase "let that sink in"? Either you keep using it over and over or others use it as well. If you read it, it sinks in, no?

I don't blink when you say Strick is in way over his head. I've been saying it since he was hired. He pretends to be Byrne. All he's done is keep going with Byrne's marketing strategies, but here is no substance behind him.

I find it hard to believe that Goat has a right to call bobcat ignorant. Goat is ignorant for calling bobcat ignorant. I mean come on. Who cares. Why you calling him ignorant. He's making a damn good point. It's ridiculous that folks aren't moving on putting something together. I don't care if it's years in the making, you need to put a damn PLAN together (for you Goat) and go on and announce what you PLAN to do, even if it's going to take awhile. That way you look competent. I don't give a flying F about girls softball. Burn the softball field down for all I care. It's just a drain on the athletic budget. Only parents, girl softball players, and sickos watch women's softball.

Greg Byrne was irreplaceable.

Oh the legend of Greg Bryne continues. Greg's status of legend is directly proportional to the fact that he followed LT. Did he do a nice job? Yea. But honestly the reason he's loved so much is because he came up and said, "everything going ok"? He didn't hang the moon. Again he did some good things, but he followed LT, any small thing he did was perceived as awesome. Did Stricklin fail in the hoops coach search? Maybe in some eyes he did. I don't know if he failed or not, but he clearly didn't get a name guy that so many wanted or think we should have gotten. Scott will make some mistakes, but all and all he is doing a nice job. Unforetunately for him, he didn't follow LT.

ScoobaDawg
08-16-2013, 02:59 PM
You are outlining another major problem with college sports. These postseason tournaments/bowls/etc. always seems to COST the schools money. WTF is that about? Should be the opposite. THAT is why I hate the NCAA. Greedy bastards. I will never give my money to another bowl or NCAA postseason tournament. It all goes to Starkville.

This is actually very true. Scott sent a tweet out this morning. MSU Spent $211k on CWS trip. NCAA reimbursed $57k. MSU lost $154k on that memorable trip.

ScoobaDawg
08-16-2013, 03:00 PM
my pleasure, sir. I call em like I see em. If a nerd attack ensues, I'll let you know. These nerd attacks should be stamped out.

Feel free to leave.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Feel free to leave.

you too. thank you sir.

I point out that an unwarranted attack has occurred and get asked to leave. nice.

why nerds get so threatened, I'll never know.

Ghost of Hank Flick
08-16-2013, 03:02 PM
We also just lost over 150k in going to Omaha.

I know that is chump change in the grand scheme of things, but for a baseball program, that is a major loss.

It shouldn't be that way, since we ****ing packed that damn place.

He didn't say the baseball program lost that money, he was simply stating how much it cost vs. how much reinvent dement he got from the NCAA. There is NOTHING we could have done about those figures, I guess aside from make the players ride up there in yellow school buses and eat microwave dinners in Omaha.

bobcat91
08-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Stricklin giving a wish list is not a plan. He says there are no designs he can reveal. Its in the planning stage. If you can't read between the lines , then god help you. Jim Ellis says our facility is in the bottom third in the conference. Jim>Goat every time. If you are AD its your job to plan ahead, raise funds, be ready. None of that is happening. By the way, where is the NCAA rule that you can only work on one facility at atime? Let me know where its at as I want to read about it.

dawg21
You are terrible. Are you serious?

Esmerelda Villalobos
I tried to tell yall this 2 months ago and goat said i didnt know what i was talking about. Are you bipolar?

It is going to take back to back cws before we do anything

Homedawg
08-16-2013, 03:05 PM
I think what's going on is exactly what I've said all along. They ain't tearing down the grandstand...not any time in the next 5 years anyway. It ain't happening. We are too good just the way we are.

Now eventually? Yeah hopefully. But no time soon, and there will be upgrades before the ripping down of the grandstand. And I don't have a problem with that. It's actually a good idea. When you have all the records for crowds and you are widely known as the best experience in college baseball, you don't have to go ripping down your facilities. Just because a monster school like LSU did it, that does not mean we are going to do it at MSU...not in the middle of a football expansion for sure...

I agree. I don't think ripping dnf down will ever happen. Not in our lifetime. Lots of problems concerning it, 1. $$$$. 2, where are we going to put something new? We can't build a new stadium where it is now and play in a year, no chance. And before someone says we did it in 1986-87, not anywhere near the same thing. Tearing down the old place took a day. They were pouring concrete days after the season was over. in this case they would be tearing it down and building a bigger and better stadium, cant be done. 3, $$$$$.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Oh the legend of Greg Bryne continues. Greg's status of legend is directly proportional to the fact that he followed LT. Did he do a nice job? Yea. But honestly the reason he's loved so much is because he came up and said, "everything going ok"? He didn't hang the moon. Again he did some good things, but he followed LT, any small thing he did was perceived as awesome. Did Stricklin fail in the hoops coach search? Maybe in some eyes he did. I don't know if he failed or not, but he clearly didn't get a name guy that so many wanted or think we should have gotten. Scott will make some mistakes, but all and all he is doing a nice job. Unforetunately for him, he didn't follow LT.

No he followed a guy who is widely known as one the best young ADs in the country and who's dad is a very well respected AD also.

Yes Scott failed miserably in handling the only issue he's had on his plate. The basketball situation was extremely embarrassing. In the end his hire might end up doing well...maybe. But that won't change the fact that as it was occurring, it was unmistakably embarrassing and was a botched job.

Byrne took a horrible situation and immediately turned it around on all fronts. He brought a new brand that is actually decent. And he had 2 major problems on his hands with the football and baseball hires and he knocked both out of the park.

He's the damn ninja. So it's laughable that anyone would downplay Byrne.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 03:10 PM
You are terrible. Are you serious?

example of a worthless post....smells nerdish...

Ghost of Hank Flick
08-16-2013, 03:18 PM
example of a worthless post....smells nerdish...

Why do you insist on calling people "nerds"? What is your definition of a "nerd"?

Pretty much everyone on this board gets along and keeps their disagreements about the topic at hand, but this is the second thread I've seen today where you're pissing "nerd" all over it. Call someone's opinion wrong all day, whatever, but why call names deteriorating a thread?

dawg21
08-16-2013, 03:22 PM
So Ray's hire, while you admit might be a good one is "the only thing on his plate". I'm not even going to try and look at State's giving increase over Scott's tenure but I know this....it's a lot more than ever before. Sell outs, basketball practice facility, new football stadium, softball coach, and the marketing strategy, the giving- I'd say he's done pretty good. Football will generate money for baseball, that's the way it is and it takes a few years to get that into place.

You sure are a team player. Are you one of those people at football games that are miserable the whole time?

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 03:24 PM
No, he's not.

And yes, there is a plan in place. Stricklin said that. DNF is still a Top 5 facility in the country. We are recruiting lights out. Exactly how is DNF holding us back again?

And yes, Byrne is hard to replace. Has nothing to do with Stricklin.

You forget I'm the one claiming DNF is a top 5 facility in the country. I'm the one getting my ass chewed for saying it, too. I made a thread on how ridiculous all the talk is about how crummy DNF is when everyone in the nation talks about how great the place is. I'm the one saying we don't need to knock down the grandstand, despite the fact that yes it would be nice if we knocked it down, rebuilt it in one night, and coated it with platinum. But that is not realistic or wise to try to do. Not with how great things currently are.

My only point is that it's foolish to hold back on putting together a plan that you can announce. He's had time. People want to hear something. Byrne would have hopped on that train and handled it with savvy in terms of playing to the crowd that wants the grandstand knocked down. That would be "phase II" and would be down the road. Then everyone would be riding high and talking about how great it is that we are dealing with the DNF renovations in a timely manner. And you sell it to recruits as well.

Homedawg
08-16-2013, 03:24 PM
No he followed a guy who is widely known as one the best young ADs in the country and who's dad is a very well respected AD also.

Yes Scott failed miserably in handling the only issue he's had on his plate. The basketball situation was extremely embarrassing. In the end his hire might end up doing well...maybe. But that won't change the fact that as it was occurring, it was unmistakably embarrassing and was a botched job.

Byrne took a horrible situation and immediately turned it around on all fronts. He brought a new brand that is actually decent. And he had 2 major problems on his hands with the football and baseball hires and he knocked both out of the park.

He's the damn ninja. So it's laughable that anyone would downplay Byrne.
First, I'm not anti Greg. I just happen to think his legend was built primarily because of who he followed. An aside, u mentioned his dad. He a real legend, the guy's greatest legacy at a&m was he hired Billy Gillespie. He got the boot at a&m because he thought going to the SEC was a bad move?! Hahaha. I know it says he resigned, so did Sylvester.** I've already commented on hoops. No reason to rehash that. As for the football and baseball hires, yes I think he did do a good job w Dan, give credit to him. As for Cohen, there was no other choice. That was easy. As for the ninja, here again add to the legend. Ha

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Why do you insist on calling people "nerds"? What is your definition of a "nerd"?

Pretty much everyone on this board gets along and keeps their disagreements about the topic at hand, but this is the second thread I've seen today where you're pissing "nerd" all over it. Call someone's opinion wrong all day, whatever, but why call names deteriorating a thread?

I don't call anyone anything. When an unwarranted attack occurs where namecalling ensues, I call the unwarranted attack nerdly. I don't even relate it a specific post. You know yourself which posts are unwarranted attacks. You are just guessing that I am calling that poster a nerd.

The reason is because I call em like I see him and am frequently attacked. But I love it, because I can dish it as well as anyone, and I win with logic, not the BS.

Why don't you, my friend, go on and get to the root an realize that it's not me, it's the ones going around calling folks "ignorant" and whatnot. That's the probelm.

Hilarious. Someone goes off on another and calls him ignorant. I say an unspecified attack is nerdly. And you come at me. Step off, chump.

breazy
08-16-2013, 03:29 PM
makes zero sense to put money into dudy noble now only to raze it further down the road...any first year finance major could tell you its a bad investment. I'd rather wait and do nothing for 2 years while they get all their ducks in a row.

I also have no say.

PS sandman, most of the people talking about how awesome it is are confusing the stadium with the 'Atmosphere" created by the LFL and people...stadium is just cement w/ empty seats behind home plate.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 03:32 PM
So Ray's hire, while you admit might be a good one is "the only thing on his plate". I'm not even going to try and look at State's giving increase over Scott's tenure but I know this....it's a lot more than ever before. Sell outs, basketball practice facility, new football stadium, softball coach, and the marketing strategy, the giving- I'd say he's done pretty good. Football will generate money for baseball, that's the way it is and it takes a few years to get that into place.

You sure are a team player. Are you one of those people at football games that are miserable the whole time?

I had to leave my seat at the TAMU game because of the ridiculous negative comments...only after I bashed the guy being negative and made everyone around feel uncomfortable. so no, I'm not that guy. I just call em like I see em. Don't be blinded by the fact that we have a guy who is currently employed by the school. That does not automatically make him awesome.

Byrne set this whole marketing strategy and fundraising in place. Quit giving Byrne's credit to another who has simply kept in place what was started by his predecessor.

If the basketball transition would have been handled in a non-embarassing manner, I would be on his fan list. But it wasn't.

And so now Scott gets credit for the football upgrades? Pretty sure that was promised to Dan by Byrne. I'd love to be wrong. Please correct me if so.

messageboardsuperhero
08-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Here's what I'd do if I was Stricklin:

Contact Janet Marie about designing us a first rate, new open-concorse, minor league style baseball grandstand, complete with a new pressbox and premium suites. As soon as all the designs are in place, announce it with a ton of fanfare and excitement, and START a fundraising plan. Notice I didn't give a time-table for fundraising; I know money is tight right now, but the sooner we start raising money, the sooner we can break ground. I realize it will take time, but we definitely need to get the plans and designs in place ASAP.

I've said it a million times here before, but we have a chance to be an elite level baseball program. I really believe for us to maximize our potential and have the type facilities that we must have to take that next step, we need to just build a new grandstand. The current grandstand has too many outdated design flaws to get us back in the level of South Carolina and LSU facility wise, which is what we should strive to be. I know it will take time, and I'm okay with that, so like as we don't half ass this and put lipstick on a pig. No half measures. This needs to be done right, and the best way to do it right is to build a new grandstand.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 03:34 PM
makes zero sense to put money into dudy noble now only to raze it further down the road...any first year finance major could tell you its a bad investment. I'd rather wait and do nothing for 2 years while they get all their ducks in a row.

I also have no say.

PS sandman, most of the people talking about how awesome it is are confusing the stadium with the 'Atmosphere" created by the LFL and people...stadium is just cement w/ empty seats behind home plate.

I hear you. I'm not belitting the idea of a new grandstand. I just don't think it's feasible right now given all the factors and how great it is currently to go to a baseball game at MSU.

I think you can build structures that won't have to be torn down later to upgrade, but I may be wrong about that. That would be in the vein of "premium seating" on the first or third base line. also help out with outfield issues. that's just my $.02 though.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Here's what I'd do if I was Stricklin:

Contact Janet Marie about designing us a first rate, new open-concorse, minor league style baseball grandstand, complete with a new pressbox and premium suites. As soon as all the designs are in place, announce it with a ton of fanfare and excitement, and START a fundraising plan. Notice I didn't give a time-table for fundraising; I know money is tight right now, but the sooner we start raising money, the sooner we can break ground. I realize it will take time, but we definitely need to get the plans and designs in place ASAP.

I've said it a million times here before, but we have a chance to be an elite level baseball program. I really believe for us to maximize our potential and have the type facilities that we must have to take that next step, we need to just build a new grandstand. The current grandstand has too many outdated design flaws to get us back in the level of South Carolina and LSU facility wise, which is what we should strive to be. I know it will take time, and I'm okay with that, so like as we don't half ass this and put lipstick on a pig. No half measures. This needs to be done right, and the best way to do it right is to build a new grandstand.

BOOM exactly. make it a long-term deal. makes everyone happy. do some short term stuff as well to help out with immediate issues.

breazy
08-16-2013, 03:36 PM
MBSH- I'm in the do nothing until we have a plan in place that will need nothing but upkeep or addition of premium(skybox) seating for 10-15 years after its done. If that means wait, plan, anounce, fundraise, raze, build, I'm all for it.

Ghost of Hank Flick
08-16-2013, 03:37 PM
I see Sandman. Except in the thread today where you called blacklisted bully nerdy for his idea for a new forum complete unwarranted. I know you're just trying to become a message board hero and try to get people to think you've actually got something important to say, so I'll leave you be calling the world a nerd for whatever reason.

breazy
08-16-2013, 03:41 PM
I see Sandman. Except in the thread today where you called blacklisted bully nerdy for his idea for a new forum complete unwarranted. I know you're just trying to become a message board hero and try to get people to think you've actually got something important to say, so I'll leave you be calling the world a nerd for whatever reason.

for what it's worth, I am an engineering student and even those of us without social odities are nerds to some extent. Have to be to get through all the math. However I dont call other people names on the internet.

Majors42
08-16-2013, 03:43 PM
This is actually very true. Scott sent a tweet out this morning. MSU Spent $211k on CWS trip. NCAA reimbursed $57k. MSU lost $154k on that memorable trip.

Man that is bullshit. Msu fans spent a bunch of money in that stadium and on tickets and on NCAA gear. If you say that there were 15,000 fans there just for the championship games and half those people were in reserved seating and the other half was in general, you would have roughly $330,000.00 for a single game. That's not even counting the previous games we were in or other factors. That is just ticketing costs
We get $57,000 back from that? Please let Jay bilas continue his vendetta against the NCAA.

dawg21
08-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Byrne set this whole marketing strategy and fundraising in place. Quit giving Byrne's credit to another who has simply kept in place what was started by his predecessor.

Promises/ideas and execution are two entirely different things. This whole Strickland is in over his head mentality is tied to one hire that may end up working out ok.

Mal Moore and Jeremy Foley screwed up a lot with hires, but one thing they always did is raise funds. Strickland is doing a good job of that and to say its easy to do because Byrne set the fundraising in place (whatever that means) is just false.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
08-16-2013, 03:58 PM
AD Stricklin admits that DN renovation is in the planning stage. In other words there is no plan for DN. Let that sink in. Some people squirm when I say that Stricklin is LT with some personality. No vision at all. He went on to say that we had to get the SEC softball hosting set back to 2016 since we haven't even started renovating the softball stadium. I miss Greg Byrne. This kind of crap would not be happening if he was still here. We simply have to leadership in the athletic department. Stricklin is in over his head.

I mean it's been almost 2 months since we went to Omaha. Surely we could have already kicked off a campaign for funds, met our goals, done interviews with design firms, picked a firm, gone through conceptual planning, received input from the fan base, developed a cost for engineering and construction, gone through preliminary planning, developed reports for the media and fan base to see, received more input, and come up with a fully developed plan (complete with engineering documents, details, sections, plans and cost numbers).

We should be ready to break ground already.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
08-16-2013, 04:00 PM
for what it's worth, I am an engineering student and even those of us without social odities are nerds to some extent. Have to be to get through all the math. However I dont call other people names on the internet.

Exactly, you're a student. When you get a big boy job you will see how long things take.

breazy
08-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Exactly, you're a student. When you get a big boy job you will see how long things take.

And where did I call for immediacy? I also like how you assume that because i'm a student i am without experience in life. Maybe you just assume i'm some 18 year old snot nosed little punk, starry eyed and full of life. You'd be wrong on both assumptions and the third where i've never had a big boy job. Good job though

Todd4State
08-16-2013, 05:30 PM
OK nerds.

As far as Janet Marie Smith, I know she at least visited Dudy-Noble in 2012 and did an extensive tour of the facility. How involved was she and will she be? I do not know, but I am sure that we at least got her two cents.

Scott also did a pretty extensive tour of Blue Bell Park and has done similar tours of South Carolina and LSU in 2012. That tells me that renovating has been on his mind for quite some time now.

Also, we need to do this right, and that is going to take some time for the reasons others have stated here. My educated guess is that we will do the renovations in 2015. We already have two preseason tournaments scheduled including one that is kind of easy in New Orleans at Zephyr Field. We could very easily play someone at Trustmark Park and or Biloxi on the weekend if more time to renovate is needed since the other two pre-conference weekends are booked up already. That would also be a year where we would typically play Memphis and South Alabama on the road, and we may be able to play them pre-conference if we have to as well.

bobcat91
08-16-2013, 06:23 PM
OK nerds.

As far as Janet Marie Smith, I know she at least visited Dudy-Noble in 2012 and did an extensive tour of the facility. How involved was she and will she be? I do not know, but I am sure that we at least got her two cents.

Scott also did a pretty extensive tour of Blue Bell Park and has done similar tours of South Carolina and LSU in 2012. That tells me that renovating has been on his mind for quite some time now.

Also, we need to do this right, and that is going to take some time for the reasons others have stated here. My educated guess is that we will do the renovations in 2015. We already have two preseason tournaments scheduled including one that is kind of easy in New Orleans at Zephyr Field. We could very easily play someone at Trustmark Park and or Biloxi on the weekend if more time to renovate is needed since the other two pre-conference weekends are booked up already. That would also be a year where we would typically play Memphis and South Alabama on the road, and we may be able to play them pre-conference if we have to as well.

That's my whole point. We have known for 2-3 years that we needed to do renovations at least. Cohen and Stricklin also toured Arkansas and Florida state's facilities. Most of the comments made by Stricklin was about FSU's facilities. So if we knew we needed to at least renovate, and were looking at facilities in 2011 and 2012, why is it that three years later, we still are only planning?

SheltonChoked
08-16-2013, 06:33 PM
I could swear we have until next June to come up with plans, bid and have a start construction date. About the same time we will have an idea about how much extra $$$ will come from the SEC Network. so having it ready for the 2015 season seems about right. It's not like Scott could google NCAA Stadium baseball plans.com and find pre drawn set for $1500. Preliminary planning has started. Renovation has been on the back burner. Understandably as football is the moneymaker.

Political Hack
08-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Someone please assure me we have contacted Janet Smith.

if not, Strick should be escorted out of his office immediately.

Goat Holder
08-16-2013, 08:16 PM
That green paper stuff?

Homedawg
08-16-2013, 10:36 PM
That's my whole point. We have known for 2-3 years that we needed to do renovations at least. Cohen and Stricklin also toured Arkansas and Florida state's facilities. Most of the comments made by Stricklin was about FSU's facilities. So if we knew we needed to at least renovate, and were looking at facilities in 2011 and 2012, why is it that three years later, we still are only planning?

Last year was 2012 we were looking. We could have come up with the greatest and best plan ever and guess what? It still boils down to $$$$$$. Yes baseball is the head dog here. Well as far as winning goes, not money. But with that said title 9 exists, like it or not. We need major donars to fund softball and tennis. If not, it will come out of the general fund. It's going to happen, period. Baseball can somewhat offset the cost of a renovation depending on the size and cost. Still we need a major donor to get the ball rolling after we get things finalized. Checks solve lots of problems, big ones, not Internet chatter.

Todd4State
08-16-2013, 11:10 PM

Because we want to make as informed of an opinion as possible and to do it as well as possible. It takes years to do that. I guarantee you that LSU and South Carolina- and probably others as well- it took a few years of careful planning to do so. Scott knows that this needs to be done. The issue seems to be that it's not going to happen as quickly as you want it to. Just be patient for two to five years max. And hey- I've wanted this to happen for awhile also so I understand where you are coming from on this as far the waiting goes. We ALL want something better- except for the few fans that have some strange emotional attachment to the grandstand and believe that our "magic" comes from it rather than the players.

Even minor league stadiums typically take a couple of years to do- the one in Biloxi won't be ready until 2015 and Trustmark Park also took about a year and a half to build if my memory is serving me correctly. Especially in the south where you have weather issues from time to time that delay construction.

Also, you need to understand that our facilities in general were WAY behind. The football field- that is the money maker and we have to get it up to speed yesterday. We're trying to enclose our stadium and build a football only facility basically at the same time. This after we just finished the basketball facility and then there is more that needs to be done such as the softball field. We could very well be enclosing Davis-Wade at the same time that we are renovating Dudy-Noble. Just like we enclosed one end of Davis-Wade and built the new football facility almost at the same time.

Todd4State
08-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Last year was 2012 we were looking. We could have come up with the greatest and best plan ever and guess what? It still boils down to $$$$$$. Yes baseball is the head dog here. Well as far as winning goes, not money. But with that said title 9 exists, like it or not. We need major donars to fund softball and tennis. If not, it will come out of the general fund. It's going to happen, period. Baseball can somewhat offset the cost of a renovation depending on the size and cost. Still we need a major donor to get the ball rolling after we get things finalized. Checks solve lots of problems, big ones, not Internet chatter.

Someone will step up, especially if we keep winning like we are.

BulldogDX55
08-16-2013, 11:36 PM
if not, Strick should be escorted out of his office immediately.

For those who do not know, who is Janet Smith?

bobcat91
08-16-2013, 11:41 PM

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2013/05/stadium_architect_janet_marie.html

Political Hack
08-17-2013, 06:48 AM

A state gal who happens to be the Jedi Master of ballparks. She designed my favorite park and hope like hell she does DN.

Offshore Dawg
08-17-2013, 11:38 AM
For those of you doing the most Bitching, Just how much money have you donated for the improvements, Yea I thought so (Talk is cheep).