PDA

View Full Version : Balk Call

It_Could_Happen
04-24-2016, 03:20 PM
That is hands down the worst umpiring call I've ever seen. I know it doesn't matter, but if the hitter yells time, and the umpire never grants it, then how is that not a balk? Next time just yell time and get out of the box if they are going to play like that.

mic
04-24-2016, 05:28 PM
That is hands down the worst umpiring call I've ever seen. I know it doesn't matter, but if the hitter yells time, and the umpire never grants it, then how is that not a balk? Next time just yell time and get out of the box if they are going to play like that.

A batter can't influence a balk..
I stopped watching after they put up back to back 4 spots so I didn't see it , but if he called time and wasn't granted and stepped out of the box a balk shouldn't have been called..

BulldogBear
04-24-2016, 05:48 PM
A batter can't influence a balk..
I wasn't stopped watching after they put up back to back 4 spots so I didn't see it , but if he called time and wasn't granted and stepped out of the box a balk shouldn't have been called..
He was still in the batter's box with no time having been granted by the Umpire

confucius say
04-24-2016, 07:10 PM
Bump. Bc I didn't see it but I heard people talking about it. Can someone who saw it explain what happened please? Thanks.

weblow
04-24-2016, 07:54 PM
Bump. Bc I didn't see it but I heard people talking about it. Can someone who saw it explain what happened please? Thanks.

Jake was batting and yelled "Time!" The pitcher stopped his wind up. It should have been a balk because the umpire never called time or acknowledged Jake's request. it was clear to everyone but the umpire what should have happened.

It_Could_Happen
04-24-2016, 09:31 PM
Jake was batting and yelled "Time!" The pitcher stopped his wind up. It should have been a balk because the umpire never called time or acknowledged Jake's request. it was clear to everyone but the umpire what should have happened.

And to add on the umpire originally called balk, the maneri came out and argued and the call was reversed.

missouridawg
04-24-2016, 09:31 PM

Yep. Had the pitcher thrown a pitch, it would've been a strike or a ball. Which means it had to be a balk because the umpire did not acknowledge the timeout call.