PDA

View Full Version : Sick to my stomach with this performance today

messageboardsuperhero
04-24-2016, 02:13 PM
We mentally check out when the series is clinched- 0-4 in games with a sweep on the line in league play. I could take us just getting beat, but our heads aren't even at the ball park. That's on the coaches for allowing it to happen time and time again.

BulldogBear
04-24-2016, 02:30 PM
Delete, wrong thread

War Machine Dawg
04-24-2016, 02:49 PM
We mentally check out when the series is clinched- 0-4 in games with a sweep on the line in league play. I could take us just getting beat, but our heads aren't even at the ball park. That's on the coaches for allowing it to happen time and time again.

I don't really expect a sweep at LSU or at Vandy, although it would be nice. But I damn sure expect to sweep UGA and Northern Miss at The Dude when we have a chance. Those two non-sweeps are haunting us right now. But you're right, we just completely check out when we wrap up the series. That's on Cohen. Coaching isn't nearly as much about Xs & Os as it is about motivating. We fail at motivating once we've clinched a series.

messageboardsuperhero
04-24-2016, 02:54 PM
It's not about us winning or losing the game... It's about us not even being mentally locked in. It's inexcusable for that to happen as much as it has this year.

Bothrops
04-24-2016, 03:05 PM
We will never sweep Lsu again. This was our chance.

maroonmania
04-24-2016, 04:38 PM

Well in 3 of those 4 we have allowed OVER 10 runs. Not much chance to win when your Sunday pitching is THAT bad.

msstate7
04-24-2016, 04:41 PM
Well in 3 of those 4 we have allowed OVER 10 runs. Not much chance to win when your Sunday pitching is THAT bad.

When a Sunday win was required to win a series, we got it done only giving up 1 run to Florida. I think it's just an approach on sweep day that's the problem

Percho
04-24-2016, 04:47 PM
There is nothing physical about an error. It is between the ears. And that is how we play on Sunday's after taking two. On the mound and in the field.

ShotgunDawg
04-24-2016, 04:58 PM
I think it's just bad pitching on Sundays. I doubt guys that haven't thrown all weekend are mentally checked out. In fact, my guess is that we press on Sundays, instead of just slowing the game down.

I know we blame coaches for everything, but you know

IMissJack
04-24-2016, 05:17 PM
Errors and mental mistakes hurt us every Sunday it seems. I didn't expect to sweep LSU going in, but when you have 15 hits, you should win today.

Engine
04-24-2016, 05:27 PM
There is nothing physical about an error.

Nothing?

shoeless joe
04-24-2016, 06:18 PM
Momentum is only as good as your next days starting pitcher...and jonny wholestaff ain't been to good for us.

Because of this defensive mistakes are magnified. If we catch the infield pop in the 4th we win.

mic
04-24-2016, 06:50 PM
There is nothing physical about an error. It is between the ears. And that is how we play on Sunday's after taking two. On the mound and in the field.

Completely incorrect.. While there are mental errors, physicalaty plays a huge role in most...

weblow
04-24-2016, 08:04 PM

I couldn't disagree with you more. I was at the game and we never gave up and never stopped fighting.

At the plate we battled all damn day. I talked with several of the players before the game and if you don't think they wanted to go into Alex Box and sweep you have lost your damn mind.

In the field, are weaknesses are exposed again. Stovall just isn't ready to start yet. He is getting some great experience but again, we make a huge error that kills us then can't field a fly ball in the infield. Just like Friday night when Stovall and Gridley couldn't turn two key double plays, the error at 2nd hurt badly. Our middle infield is not good. I really like Gridley but he is playing out of position and should be at 2nd. Stovall will be a hell of a player for us, he is just really young and not ready. Collins is also a huge liability. If you watched all three games you saw LSU's 3rd baseman, time and time again, rob us of the screaming grounder down the 3rd base line. If you watched all 3 games you watched Collins miss that ball over and over again. I think he has done well to transition from C to 3rd but he is not a great 3rd baseman. Our infield is not good. We need to be making plays on Sunday to help our pitchers and playing above our talent level and we just are not.

Our pitching staff is exactly what it is. Pilk was great for a few innings but we need him to give us 5-7. That isn't what bothers me. What bothers me is these guys we trot out there, that have to be begging for a shot, come in and cannot throw strikes. THAT is the part that is between the head.

But to say we checked out or our heads were not in it is idiotic and you have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

preachermatt83
04-24-2016, 08:18 PM
Houston wants to start. He does better when he starts. Make him the Sunday starter.

msstate7
04-24-2016, 08:22 PM
I couldn't disagree with you more. I was at the game and we never gave up and never stopped fighting.

At the plate we battled all damn day. I talked with several of the players before the game and if you don't think they wanted to go into Alex Box and sweep you have lost your damn mind.

In the field, are weaknesses are exposed again. Stovall just isn't ready to start yet. He is getting some great experience but again, we make a huge error that kills us then can't field a fly ball in the infield. Just like Friday night when Stovall and Gridley couldn't turn two key double plays, the error at 2nd hurt badly. Our middle infield is not good. I really like Gridley but he is playing out of position and should be at 2nd. Stovall will be a hell of a player for us, he is just really young and not ready. Collins is also a huge liability. If you watched all three games you saw LSU's 3rd baseman, time and time again, rob us of the screaming grounder down the 3rd base line. If you watched all 3 games you watched Collins miss that ball over and over again. I think he has done well to transition from C to 3rd but he is not a great 3rd baseman. Our infield is not good. We need to be making plays on Sunday to help our pitchers and playing above our talent level and we just are not.

Our pitching staff is exactly what it is. Pilk was great for a few innings but we need him to give us 5-7. That isn't what bothers me. What bothers me is these guys we trot out there, that have to be begging for a shot, come in and cannot throw strikes. THAT is the part that is between the head.

But to say we checked out or our heads were not in it is idiotic and you have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

My hope is that Alexander comes back soon. Play him at short and Gridley at 2b. Hopefully Alexander's range at SS will help out Collins some. When Robson returns, play him in center and mangum in rf... I really think these moves are gonna make us a better defensive team

weblow
04-24-2016, 08:23 PM
My hope is that Alexander comes back soon. Play him at short and Gridley at 2b. Hopefully Alexander's range at SS will help out Collins some. When Robson returns, play him in center and mangum in rf... I really think these moves are gonna make us a better defensive team

Absolutely agree. Alexander didn't have the brace on his wrist in the dugout so hopefully that means he is close.

CadaverDawg
04-24-2016, 08:25 PM
Houston wants to start. He does better when he starts. Make him the Sunday starter.

Well you can't go out there and get shelled every outing and then say "I want to start". He hasn't earned a start. That's like me going to my boss and telling him "I know I haven't hit quota in 6 months, but I want to be promoted to Director of Sales."

It makes no sense. Not saying Houston might not be better as a starter...but surely we can all see why Cohen wouldn't have the confidence to trot him out there right now, right?

CadaverDawg
04-24-2016, 08:28 PM

I wish we could move Hump to 3B when Robson returns, and have the following...

LF Rooker
CF Robson
RF Mangum
3B Hump
SS Alexander
2B Gridley
1B Lowe
C Marrero
DH Kruger

Pinch hitters:
RH Collins
LH Cody Brown

But that will never happen, I know. At least with Alexander back, maybe we can bring in Stovall to play 3B as a defensive sub late in games or something.

shoeless joe
04-24-2016, 08:29 PM

I want to be the ace for Cubs...reckon they'll just "make" me the ace?

Gotta earn opportunities, and all he's earned is a pat on the back for how he's pitched in ONE game this year. Gimme a break!

Todd4State
04-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Well you can't go out there and get shelled every outing and then say "I want to start". He hasn't earned a start. That's like me going to my boss and telling him "I know I haven't hit quota in 6 months, but I want to be promoted to Director of Sales."

It makes no sense. Not saying Houston might not be better as a starter...but surely we can all see why Cohen wouldn't have the confidence to trot him out there right now, right?

Starting and relieving are two totally different animals. Really, to me they're two different positions. Some guys can start and can't pitch in relief. Some guys can relieve and can't start. And some can do both.

Look at Houston's starts this year- he has done well. Including Weds. in Biloxi. His last start before that against Nicholls he goes five and struck out 10 while allowing no runs.

Usually the difference is the guys that can relieve and are good at it can up and loose quickly. I've seen a couple of Houston's bullpen sessions and that's just not him. I've seen some of Daniel Brown's and he gets loose really quickly.

So, just because you don't do well as a relief pitcher it doesn't necessarily mean you won't do well as a starting pitcher. A better analogy would be like saying a RF with a good arm can play third base because that position requires a strong arm. It's possible- but it's not necessarily true for everyone.

Relief pitching is a different mindset and some guys just don't do as well with runners on or late in the game which is when the toughest outs are in play. Other don't do well trying to get through a lineup three times.

Todd4State
04-24-2016, 08:46 PM
I think it's just bad pitching on Sundays. I doubt guys that haven't thrown all weekend are mentally checked out. In fact, my guess is that we press on Sundays, instead of just slowing the game down.

I know we blame coaches for everything, but you know

I think you are right- at least as far as Sunday's in general. I think today was more about bad defense which caused us to extend innings and force us into the bullpen. I do agree across the board. We're throwing freshmen and asking guys like Rigby to throw 6 IP when he is only capable of 2 max against some of the best hitting teams in the SEC and it's a recipe for disaster.

Bottom line- we need someone that can go 4-5 innings consistently every Sunday to step up.

CadaverDawg
04-24-2016, 08:51 PM
Starting and relieving are two totally different animals. Really, to me they're two different positions. Some guys can start and can't pitch in relief. Some guys can relieve and can't start. And some can do both.

Look at Houston's starts this year- he has done well. Including Weds. in Biloxi. His last start before that against Nicholls he goes five and struck out 10 while allowing no runs.

Usually the difference is the guys that can relieve and are good at it can up and loose quickly. I've seen a couple of Houston's bullpen sessions and that's just not him. I've seen some of Daniel Brown's and he gets loose really quickly.

So, just because you don't do well as a relief pitcher it doesn't necessarily mean you won't do well as a starting pitcher. A better analogy would be like saying a RF with a good arm can play third base because that position requires a strong arm. It's possible- but it's not necessarily true for everyone.

Relief pitching is a different mindset and some guys just don't do as well with runners on or late in the game which is when the toughest outs are in play. Other don't do well trying to get through a lineup three times.

I know all of that, but like I said....do you REALLY not understand why Cohen wouldn't want to toss a guy that's being shelled out of the pen, into a starter role in the SEC, in HOPES that he's better as a starter? Surely you can see John's hesitation there. That's all I'm saying.

I don't want Cohen experimenting on Sunday of a 1-1 series vs Alabama with our National Seed or host spot on the line, just in hopes that he doesn't get shelled as a starter like he does as a reliever.

What if Tatum is better as a starter too....you ready to run him out there for a Sunday start vs SEC competition?

preachermatt83
04-24-2016, 08:53 PM
I want to be the ace for Cubs...reckon they'll just "make" me the ace?

Gotta earn opportunities, and all he's earned is a pat on the back for how he's pitched in ONE game this year. Gimme a break!

He has earned it in his starts. He earned it wed night.

preachermatt83
04-24-2016, 08:54 PM

Exactly.

Todd4State
04-24-2016, 09:26 PM
I know all of that, but like I said....do you REALLY not understand why Cohen wouldn't want to toss a guy that's being shelled out of the pen, into a starter role in the SEC, in HOPES that he's better as a starter? Surely you can see John's hesitation there. That's all I'm saying.

I don't want Cohen experimenting on Sunday of a 1-1 series vs Alabama with our National Seed or host spot on the line, just in hopes that he doesn't get shelled as a starter like he does as a reliever.

What if Tatum is better as a starter too....you ready to run him out there for a Sunday start vs SEC competition?

Actually, what I don't understand is why he insists on throwing a true freshman who can't make it past four every Sunday knowing he can't make it past four.

It's not like there isn't any basis for my opinion here because Houston HAS started and HAS done well on the rare occasions when asked to do so. I'd rather Cohen experiment trying to fix a problem rather than keep doing something that isn't working- and likely won't start working. Especially if there is some basis for it. Heck- Pilkington was an experiment at one time when he replaced Daniel Brown. And I disagreed with it because of what is happening right now. Houston also has a LOT more SEC experience than Pilkington and has started in the Cape Cod League as well and performed well there also.

Tatum has proven with his track record that he is more successful out of the bullpen- despite the fact that he is struggling big time right now. I think that's more of a mechanical issue to me and today it looked to me like we made some tweaks to his mechanics and even though he walked his guy, at least he was missing down. He also started some in the Cape and was not nearly as effective as Houston.

And let's not forget the one game Pilkington started and we won- Houston was the one who bridged the gap for us.

That's actually one of the good things about the Governor's Cup- we can let Houston start and if he does well we can insert him into the rotation against Mizzou and if he gets shelled it's not going to hurt us in the SEC standings.

Homedawg
04-24-2016, 09:44 PM

He's had his shot. Trying throwing it in the zone for more than an inning. screw that.

Homedawg
04-24-2016, 09:48 PM
He has earned it in his starts. He earned it wed night.

Sure he did.... How bout today? He earn it?

CadaverDawg
04-24-2016, 10:04 PM
Actually, what I don't understand is why he insists on throwing a true freshman who can't make it past four every Sunday knowing he can't make it past four.

It's not like there isn't any basis for my opinion here because Houston HAS started and HAS done well on the rare occasions when asked to do so. I'd rather Cohen experiment trying to fix a problem rather than keep doing something that isn't working- and likely won't start working. Especially if there is some basis for it. Heck- Pilkington was an experiment at one time when he replaced Daniel Brown. And I disagreed with it because of what is happening right now. Houston also has a LOT more SEC experience than Pilkington and has started in the Cape Cod League as well and performed well there also.

Tatum has proven with his track record that he is more successful out of the bullpen- despite the fact that he is struggling big time right now. I think that's more of a mechanical issue to me and today it looked to me like we made some tweaks to his mechanics and even though he walked his guy, at least he was missing down. He also started some in the Cape and was not nearly as effective as Houston.

And let's not forget the one game Pilkington started and we won- Houston was the one who bridged the gap for us.

That's actually one of the good things about the Governor's Cup- we can let Houston start and if he does well we can insert him into the rotation against Mizzou and if he gets shelled it's not going to hurt us in the SEC standings.

Maybe Cohen realizes that Houston is never going to develop into an SEC starter, so he is trying to develop a rotation guy for post season this year & for next year with Pilkington. Who knows. Bottom line, Houston has done nothing but get shelled when it counts, so I totally understand why Cohen gives Pilkington chances and not Houston. I'm not saying Houston can't be a good starter, but there is no evidence that he can go out & get it done vs SEC competition this year.

Hell maybe Cohen is thinking like me....in that I would rather us get these young guys experience since they clearly have the talent, just need the reps. Houston has proven multiple times that he doesn't have a great mental makeup and can't be reliable in big games. That being said, I'm totally fine with running freshmen out there to get their lumps in, in hopes that they can work out the kinks and be reliable by this postseason or next year at the latest.

In summary, I'm fine with Houston getting a shot....but he definitely hasn't earned another one, and there's nothing that should make anyone confident he can be a good starter. Pilkington has actually done well....he just doesn't quite have the endurance yet, and typically gets a shit sandwich for defense behind him. I love what he has done against 3 Top 10 SEC teams in his 3 starts in league play. To me, this will be valuable experience that will help us so much later this season & big time next year as we replace Hudson & Sexton.

preachermatt83
04-24-2016, 10:09 PM
Sure he did.... How bout today? He earn it?

What part of "in his starts" is too much for you to understand ?

Political Hack
04-24-2016, 10:24 PM
We just capped our 3rd series win on the road against a top 10 team. We're pretty damn good.

Homedawg
04-24-2016, 10:30 PM
What part of "in his starts" is too much for you to understand ?

What part of la Monroe isn't in the sec is too much for U to understand. Dude had his shot, his shots. It wasn't for lack of opportunity. He deserves nothing who cares what u say.

Todd4State
04-24-2016, 10:39 PM
Maybe Cohen realizes that Houston is never going to develop into an SEC starter, so he is trying to develop a rotation guy for post season this year & for next year with Pilkington. Who knows. Bottom line, Houston has done nothing but get shelled when it counts, so I totally understand why Cohen gives Pilkington chances and not Houston. I'm not saying Houston can't be a good starter, but there is no evidence that he can go out & get it done vs SEC competition this year.

Hell maybe Cohen is thinking like me....in that I would rather us get these young guys experience since they clearly have the talent, just need the reps. Houston has proven multiple times that he doesn't have a great mental makeup and can't be reliable in big games. That being said, I'm totally fine with running freshmen out there to get their lumps in, in hopes that they can work out the kinks and be reliable by this postseason or next year at the latest.

In summary, I'm fine with Houston getting a shot....but he definitely hasn't earned another one, and there's nothing that should make anyone confident he can be a good starter. Pilkington has actually done well....he just doesn't quite have the endurance yet, and typically gets a shit sandwich for defense behind him. I love what he has done against 3 Top 10 SEC teams in his 3 starts in league play. To me, this will be valuable experience that will help us so much later this season & big time next year as we replace Hudson & Sexton.

Houston hasn't really been given a shot to lose it yet this year. People talk about how he has been shelled all year- but his ERA is 2.25 on the season. Last season he had a better SEC ERA than Hudson with an SEC ERA of 4.09 and he had 30 K's in 22 IP while SEC hitters hit .184 off of him. So, yes there is evidence that he can get SEC hitters out- not to mention him shutting down Florida this year. I think it's just a matter of putting him in the right situation that fits him.

The difference between Houston and Pilkington is this- Houston gives you a better chance of getting through five innings than Pilkington does. Pilkington might give you three solid innings- but by only going three innings it exposes our bullpen that much more. I'd much rather our bullpen guys try to get 12 outs than 18.

And yes, this experience will benefit Pilkington and us down the road- but we have a chance to get a National Seed here. At some point we have to stop just throwing freshmen out there and hope one of them is on and hope that our offense can get 15+ runs to win.

Heck- before two weeks ago there was no evidence that Daniel Brown would succeed out of the bullpen and right now he is one of if not our best relief guy behind maybe Humphreys.

Backwoodsdawg
04-24-2016, 11:40 PM

You Must be Alexander's dad!

msstate7
04-25-2016, 06:05 AM
You Must be Alexander's dad!

Haha... No. I'd certainly claim any player we had if I were his father though

BTW, your son had a much better weekend offensively... Probably a little too impatient still, but solid results. He was careless defensively though. I think he's gonna be really good, but Alexander's glove is needed more right now.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-25-2016, 06:18 AM
We will never sweep Lsu again. This was our chance.

This is why the interwebs make me shake my head.

WPDawg
04-25-2016, 06:37 AM
"Ulcer watch" thread..... Some of y'all really do need to pick up some hobbies in addition to following MSU baseball. Something competitive like golf, checkers or ballroom dancing to fill that void in your life. I understand the message board concept of offering opinions and insight but some of you seem so miserable. Why do you continue to torture yourselves? Its college baseball and not the pros. Enjoy the ride on the way to the goal.

Backwoodsdawg
04-25-2016, 06:39 AM
Haha... No. I'd certainly claim any player we had if I were his father though

BTW, your son had a much better weekend offensively... Probably a little too impatient still, but solid results. He was careless defensively though. I think he's gonna be really good, but Alexander's glove is needed more right now.

Lol you are still stupid. However I made it a point this weekend to meet him and he is a real nice guy. You are getting better about not dogging players but you still have a way to go. I also would still love to meet you face to face someday. Have a good one Belmont.

msstate7
04-25-2016, 06:46 AM
Lol you are still stupid. However I made it a point this weekend to meet him and he is a real nice guy. You are getting better about not dogging players but you still have a way to go. I also would still love to meet you face to face someday. Have a good one Belmont.

When players put on a uniform, they open themselves up to being critiqued. I don't attack any of our players personally, but performance is fair game imo. Not sure why you always single me out bc I'm far from the only one being critical, mr Stovall. Can your son play 3b bc we have an easy entry to LF right now? Hope you have a good day also

Coach34
04-25-2016, 06:58 AM
I dont see us making a change at SS this late in the season. Belmont may play some- but I just cant see us making him the regular SS at this point of the season. But with John Cohen as coach- you never ****ing know

Backwoodsdawg
04-25-2016, 07:25 AM
When players put on a uniform, they open themselves up to being critiqued. I don't attack any of our players personally, but performance is fair game imo. Not sure why you always single me out bc I'm far from the only one being critical, mr Stovall. Can your son play 3b bc we have an easy entry to LF right now? Hope you have a good day also

Mr Alexander, my 29 year daughter might could but my son is a big guy and can't move very well. It's funny though if I did have a son on the team I would have looked you up a long time ago. Like I told you last time these kids work their ass off everyday and they deserve our respect when they do good or bad. For you to think anything you say has any merit because you are a message board hero is comical. Come to a game and put the computer down and you might get a clue. I went to almost every scrimmage in the fall and spring and I have a clue. Just enjoy the fact that we just won 2 of 3 from lsu for the first time in 10 or 12 years. This team is a group of ballers no matter who is on the field and yeah they need to figure out how to win on Sunday but thank God the coaches don't take advice from a message board hero because a according to you on any given weekend every kid on the team sucks and we need to replace them with the guys on the bench.

msstate7
04-25-2016, 07:35 AM
Mr Alexander, my 29 year daughter might could but my son is a big guy and can't move very well. It's funny though if I did have a son on the team I would have looked you up a long time ago. Like I told you last time these kids work their ass off everyday and they deserve our respect when they do good or bad. For you to think anything you say has any merit because you are a message board hero is comical. Come to a game and put the computer down and you might get a clue. I went to almost every scrimmage in the fall and spring and I have a clue. Just enjoy the fact that we just won 2 of 3 from lsu for the first time in 10 or 12 years. This team is a group of ballers no matter who is on the field and yeah they need to figure out how to win on Sunday but thank God the coaches don't take advice from a message board hero because a according to you on any given weekend every kid on the team sucks and we need to replace them with the guys on the bench.

Since you've watched all this baseball, it should be clear to you we have defensive problems in the infield. We f'd up 2 dp's Friday night, had 2 errors on Sunday, and could've been charged with 2 more errors on the weekend. Me wanting to strengthen our infield defense has nothing to do with kids not working hard and whatever. Does Alexander not work hard? Should he not get to play anymore this year bc he got hurt? Again, none of this personal which you seem to make it. Alexander is our best MIF defensively and we have a MIF defense problem right now. I'm not crazy about Alexander's bat and think we'll probably lose some offense, but defense is the bigger problem now.

BTW, I have no attachments to any of our players. If Paul young makes this team better at SS, then by all means play him there. I'm sure all our players have worked hard and I just want the players that make the team the best to play regardless of who they are.

the59dawg
04-25-2016, 07:53 AM

Don't think that is where I would run him to.

msstate7
04-25-2016, 07:57 AM
Hey backwoods, I hear Alexander is almost healthy. If he takes over at SS, will that give me the credibility you say I lack?

Backwoodsdawg
04-25-2016, 08:24 AM
Hey backwoods, I hear Alexander is almost healthy. If he takes over at SS, will that give me the credibility you say I lack?

See that's the problem you want credibility? Why? This is a meaningless place for people who want to hide behind screen names and bitch about stuff they have no relevance in. I don't give a shit who plays ss or anywhere for that matter. I just want to support them whoever it is because they are giving me the entertainment that I love to watch. They all make mistakes even your beloved Belmont has 2 big errors and it seems like you dogged him way back then too which is what you do. Our infield has made some mistakes but answer me this who the hell hasn't? I will give you some credibility when you quit being "that guy" . This team has done a great job to this point in the season better than most thought. They all deserve a chance to play and there is nothing you or I can say or do to have a hand in who walks out on that field every game so I choose to watch the game and enjoy it , it's a lot easier to enjoy when you realize you are a meaningless figure in the stands and no one cares who you thinks should be playing where on here anyway. They may agree or disagree but it matters none! Just enjoy our success and quit trying to micromanage the game from the computer... that gets you credibility!

msstate7
04-25-2016, 08:35 AM
See that's the problem you want credibility? Why? This is a meaningless place for people who want to hide behind screen names and bitch about stuff they have no relevance in. I don't give a shit who plays ss or anywhere for that matter. I just want to support them whoever it is because they are giving me the entertainment that I love to watch. They all make mistakes even your beloved Belmont has 2 big errors and it seems like you dogged him way back then too which is what you do. Our infield has made some mistakes but answer me this who the hell hasn't? I will give you some credibility when you quit being "that guy" . This team has done a great job to this point in the season better than most thought. They all deserve a chance to play and there is nothing you or I can say or do to have a hand in who walks out on that field every game so I choose to watch the game and enjoy it , it's a lot easier to enjoy when you realize you are a meaningless figure in the stands and no one cares who you thinks should be playing where on here anyway. They may agree or disagree but it matters none! Just enjoy our success and quit trying to micromanage the game from the computer... that gets you credibility!

I don't think message boards are for you. If you enjoy message boards with no criticism www.genespage.com is probably more your speed.

I mean really when I see our infield botch way too many plays should I just post...

Bless their hearts, they're doing the best they can

Hey guys, who cares about errors... It's all about how good a kid they are and how hard they worked this offseason

Backwoodsdawg
04-25-2016, 09:28 AM
I don't think message boards are for you. If you enjoy message boards with no criticism www.genespage.com is probably more your speed.

I mean really when I see our infield botch way too many plays should I just post...

Bless their hearts, they're doing the best they can

Hey guys, who cares about errors... It's all about how good a kid they are and how hard they worked this offseason

Oh now you want to be a smart ass? Who do you think you are and why do you think anyone cares what you think? You are just some nerd that hasn't ever played a game unless it was a board game in your group at the ymca and you want some "creditably". Hell everyone sees what you see but most have a little class about how they address it. You a bad ass though putting down young kids. You think they mess up on purpose? They have all made errors and everyone of them will make more of them this season that's baseball you dumbass. You are a pitiful little nobody that wants some credibility in life so you put down young kids and act like you have the answers. I tell you what get your goofy ass in front of a ball coming at you at 115 mph's and never mess up and then I will give you some damn CREDIBILITY!

msstate7
04-25-2016, 10:24 AM
Oh now you want to be a smart ass? Who do you think you are and why do you think anyone cares what you think? You are just some nerd that hasn't ever played a game unless it was a board game in your group at the ymca and you want some "creditably". Hell everyone sees what you see but most have a little class about how they address it. You a bad ass though putting down young kids. You think they mess up on purpose? They have all made errors and everyone of them will make more of them this season that's baseball you dumbass. You are a pitiful little nobody that wants some credibility in life so you put down young kids and act like you have the answers. I tell you what get your goofy ass in front of a ball coming at you at 115 mph's and never mess up and then I will give you some damn CREDIBILITY!

I'm starting a miss state baseball blog. Would you like to invest some capital?

BTW, who has 117 mph exit velocity? That would lead mlb

maroonmania
04-25-2016, 10:40 AM
Since you've watched all this baseball, it should be clear to you we have defensive problems in the infield. We f'd up 2 dp's Friday night, had 2 errors on Sunday, and could've been charged with 2 more errors on the weekend. Me wanting to strengthen our infield defense has nothing to do with kids not working hard and whatever. Does Alexander not work hard? Should he not get to play anymore this year bc he got hurt? Again, none of this personal which you seem to make it. Alexander is our best MIF defensively and we have a MIF defense problem right now. I'm not crazy about Alexander's bat and think we'll probably lose some offense, but defense is the bigger problem now.

BTW, I have no attachments to any of our players. If Paul young makes this team better at SS, then by all means play him there. I'm sure all our players have worked hard and I just want the players that make the team the best to play regardless of who they are.

Its kind of funny thinking back on some of the discussion on this board. I mean I can remember when all the "experts" on this board were saying John Holland was going to come in from JUCO and take over the SS job (unseating Seth Heck at the time) because he had such range and a great arm and yet here we sit with Holland on the team and having to play Gridley over there who really himself is a 2nd baseman and Holland can't even stay on the field because he can't play SS and is not hitting. With Collins over there booting balls at 3rd and the fact that we have no true SS at the moment its really hard to even call our infield defense average at this point. And yes, we seem to botch more DP balls than we execute.

DancingRabbit
04-25-2016, 10:45 AM
http://i.giphy.com/2punPVLbyyBXO.gif

msstate7
04-25-2016, 10:52 AM

That's hilarious

Backwoodsdawg
04-25-2016, 11:07 AM
I'm starting a miss state baseball blog. Would you like to invest some capital?

BTW, who has 117 mph exit velocity? That would lead mlb

You are a fool. You might be better off starting a blog for chess or checkers because you gonna be broke if you want to live off of your baseball knowledge. I'm sure somebody will think you know something or have "credibility" but you and I both know that's not true, you just have a hard time admitting it. It's ok though there may be classes you can go to to help you understand your issues. PLEASE meet me somewhere and let me hit you some grounders!!!! If you can cleanly field 4 or 5 I will buy you a new pocket protector for your pens.

Backwoodsdawg
04-25-2016, 11:08 AM

I love it!! That is dang funny!!!

msstate7
04-25-2016, 11:18 AM
You are a fool. You might be better off starting a blog for chess or checkers because you gonna be broke if you want to live off of your baseball knowledge. I'm sure somebody will think you know something or have "credibility" but you and I both know that's not true, you just have a hard time admitting it. It's ok though there may be classes you can go to to help you understand your issues. PLEASE meet me somewhere and let me hit you some grounders!!!! If you can cleanly field 4 or 5 I will buy you a new pocket protector for your pens.

The point of a blog isn't necessarily for your readers to agree with you... It's to get readers. Apparently you read everything I write, so I know you would be an avid follower.

War Machine Dawg
04-25-2016, 11:29 AM

http://i.imgur.com/KiBQh.gif?noredirect

Backwoodsdawg
04-25-2016, 11:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KiBQh.gif?noredirect

Yep!

War Machine Dawg
04-25-2016, 11:43 AM
Yep!

https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1442907675ra/16292690.gif

RocketCityDawg
04-25-2016, 11:51 AM

That's awesome. I remember laughing at that during the game. I could only imagine what he said to the ump with his "non" masculine voice. Rep given

Backwoodsdawg
04-25-2016, 11:52 AM
https://d.gr-assetqs.com/hostedimages/1442907675ra/16292690.gif

Speak from experience I see!

the59dawg
04-25-2016, 03:17 PM
That's awesome. I remember laughing at that during the game. I could only imagine what he said to the ump with his "non" masculine voice. Rep given

Whatever he said must have worked as I read the ump changed his balk call