PDA

View Full Version : LSU Post Saturday Game / Pre Sunday Game

CadaverDawg
04-24-2016, 01:06 AM
What a big series win. Cohen said it best when he said, "In this league, you gotta be able to win the 10-8 games and the 2-1 games", we did both this weekend and that says a lot about this team IMO. Very proud of Sexton for the job he did tonight. Hump continues to sac up as a closer for us too. Brown wasn't bad either.

I think people are severely downplaying the fact that we're doing this without Robson, and that Tatum has been a non-factor this year. We all thought Tatum would be one of the keys to our staff, but our pitchers are resilient as hell and getting better every game. Rooker & Kruger are currently battling for the DH spot, bc when Robson returns, one of them will be on the bench....think about that. Rooker has Got to learn to go oppo and quit swinging at the low curve out of the zone (and trying to pull it). We have a good problem on our hands if either Rooker or Kruger is a pinch hitter down the stretch.

I didn't like how Cohen sounded after the game. Sounded like the series was over. No mention of finishing business and needing to win tomorrow in the small clips I saw. Hopefully I just missed them, bc we need to win tomorrow. I want to see these guys play a complete series....hopefully Pilk can give us 4+ solid innings, and maybe Brown, Houston, and Riggs can combo for the sweep. Would be tremendous, and I'd love nothing more than to sweep Manieri and the purple carnival crybabies on their home turf. Either way, big big series win. Hats off to Cohen & the gang for bouncing back after their shit show last weekend.

Let's Get The SWEEEEP!

Hail. Damn. State.

Oh, and Alex Lang....stare at this....

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/SLJ.gif

Bitch

JohnnyQuid
04-24-2016, 01:23 AM
tbh I thought Tatum and houston woukd be HUGE parts of our SEC rotation this year and they have vanished. at this point I have more hope for houston than Tatum - bringing that up I'd start tatum tuesday. if goes bad early can do the 1-2 inning freshman route.

I didn't get that outta cohen about the series over feel. more just a taking each game as it comes approach. I could be wrong cos we've definately lacked killer instinct on sunday. win tomorrow tho and shit gets real

msstate7
04-24-2016, 06:58 AM
Robson -- cf
Mangum -- rf
Lowe
Hump -- LF
Rooker/Kruger -- dh
Collins
Marrero
Gridley -- 2b
Alexander -- SS

Think this will be our lineup in a couple weeks

Steakonastick
04-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Yup that's my best guess on what it will be. Might see once a weekend vs a lefty Kruger catching.

Vs righty

Cf Robson
Rf mangum
1b Lowe
Lf humprey
Dh Rooker/Kruger
3b Collins
C Marrero
2b Gridley
Ss Alexander

Vs lefty

Cf Robson
Rf mangum
Lf humprey
1b Lowe
Dh Rooker
C Kruger
3b Collins
2b Gridley
Ss Alexander
(Talk about a scary 1-7 when its clicking)

GreenheadDawg
04-24-2016, 07:52 AM
Ok. I've seen several mention the Lange stare down. I guess I was at the grille when this happened. Who did he stare at?

BulldogBear
04-24-2016, 07:56 AM
Ok. I've seen several mention the Lange stare down. I guess I was at the grille when this happened. Who did he stare at?

+1

I am curious as well. I was listening on radio and missed that. If Jim said anything it must've been when I was out of the room.

C222
04-24-2016, 08:02 AM
+1

I am curious as well. I was listening on radio and missed that. If Jim said anything it must've been when I was out of the room.

I think it was when he struck out back to back batters after Mangum tripled.

He stared at our dugout his entire walk back to their dugout.

oldwave
04-24-2016, 08:07 AM
He was reacting to Sexton putting the stare on them all night, just as he as done all year. Several of our pitchers do it. Matter of fact, Wes wants his guys to do it.
Lange picked a good time to respond, he had just struck out our 2 and 3 hole hitters after a 1 out triple.
A little gamesmanship by both sides, no harm, no foul.

Hailstate and get a sweep !!

civildawg
04-24-2016, 08:08 AM
I don't understand the uproar about it. Don't our pitchers do it all the time now?

MarketingBully
04-24-2016, 08:08 AM
Yes, he did. Was silly considering he pitched a complete game loss. My favorite quote from Ben McDonald had to be "I don't mind him giving up a solo shot to begin the game. Those won't beat ya." Well Ben, last night it did beat him.

msstate7
04-24-2016, 08:10 AM
Yes, he did. Was silly considering he pitched a complete game loss. My favorite quote from Ben McDonald had to be "I don't mind him giving up a solo shot to begin the game. Those won't beat ya." Well Ben, last night it did beat him.

Nope... Only reason they lost is bc the 1b. PM said so**

MarketingBully
04-24-2016, 08:10 AM
I don't understand the uproar about it. Don't our pitchers do it all the time now?

I don't care either. But it has more effect when you are actually winning the game then when you are losing.

msstate7
04-24-2016, 08:12 AM
I don't care either. But it has more effect when you are actually winning the game then when you are losing.

Yep... I'll add that it needs to be a sexton type performance last night too. I don't want a pitcher of ours staring down a guy for striking him out when the pitcher has given up a bunch of runs

MarketingBully
04-24-2016, 08:12 AM
Nope... Only reason they lost is bc the 1b. PM said so**

Hehe, man I hope we sweep those bastards. I always dispised their program. They were a steroids factory when Bertman had them going to win those national championships.

msstate7
04-24-2016, 08:14 AM
Hehe, man I hope we sweep those bastards. I always dispised their program. They were a steroids factory when Bertman had them going to win those national championships.

I want it too. Half my family is lsu fans and I never have bragging rights

GreenheadDawg
04-24-2016, 08:38 AM
I think it was when he struck out back to back batters after Mangum tripled.

He stared at our dugout his entire walk back to their dugout.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. If that's the case then I've got no problem with it. Sexton puts the stare on em damn near every inning

AlmostPositive
04-24-2016, 08:41 AM
Lange's staredown was considerably more sustained and aggressive than Sexton's. Sexton's is emotionless; Lange was closer to flamboyant taunting. Like ninth inning camera shots of Maingina goddaming to himself in the dugout, it really only makes beating them more satisfying.

BulldogBacker
04-24-2016, 08:43 AM

At the point Lange stared down our dugout, he had just K'd his 5th straight Bulldog and was feeling it. He was a much better pitcher down the stretch at the end of the game. He was dominating and knew it.

AlmostPositive
04-24-2016, 08:57 AM
At the point Lange stared down our dugout, he had just K'd his 5th straight Bulldog and was feeling it. He was a much better pitcher down the stretch at the end of the game. He was dominating and knew it.

He was losing.

I seen it dawg
04-24-2016, 09:05 AM

And that's the point I think.

mic
04-24-2016, 09:25 AM
Yup that's my best guess on what it will be. Might see once a weekend vs a lefty Kruger catching.

Vs righty

Cf Robson
Rf mangum
1b Lowe
Lf humprey
Dh Rooker/Kruger
3b Collins
C Marrero
2b Gridley
Ss Alexander

Vs lefty

Cf Robson
Rf mangum
Lf humprey
1b Lowe
Dh Rooker
C Kruger
3b Collins
2b Gridley
Ss Alexander
(Talk about a scary 1-7 when its clicking)

Kruger won't be catching a weekend series..
And PLEASE CJC when Robson returns bat him in the 2 hole...

msstate7
04-24-2016, 09:31 AM
Kruger won't be catching a weekend series..
And PLEASE CJC when Robson returns bat him in the 2 hole...

I'd put Robson 2nd too, but zero chance

CadaverDawg
04-24-2016, 10:21 AM

As several mentioned, I have no problem with a stare down bc ours do it too....it was the flamboyancy & douchiness with which Lang stared down our entire dugout (while losing) with clinched fist as if he was about to try and fight our whole club, that made it embarrassing and funny to me. That's why people are talking about it. It was clear that he was trying to mock Sexton, fire up his team, and be the typical arrogant sore loser that the corndogs always are when losing.

Kinda like I would tell our guys....I have no issue with a stare down, but if you lose prepare to take your medicine. Just giving Lang his medicine after his over-exaggerated stare downs. Geaux Dawgs, Alex.

sleepy dawg
04-24-2016, 12:27 PM
What a big series win. Cohen said it best when he said, "In this league, you gotta be able to win the 10-8 games and the 2-1 games", we did both this weekend and that says a lot about this team IMO. Very proud of Sexton for the job he did tonight. Hump continues to sac up as a closer for us too. Brown wasn't bad either.

I think people are severely downplaying the fact that we're doing this without Robson, and that Tatum has been a non-factor this year. We all thought Tatum would be one of the keys to our staff, but our pitchers are resilient as hell and getting better every game. Rooker & Kruger are currently battling for the DH spot, bc when Robson returns, one of them will be on the bench....think about that. Rooker has Got to learn to go oppo and quit swinging at the low curve out of the zone (and trying to pull it). We have a good problem on our hands if either Rooker or Kruger is a pinch hitter down the stretch.

I agree about Robson. Robson was the best batter on the team up until the injury. We don't have our best hitter right now who averages contributing about a run a game. Think about how much of a difference that makes.