PDA

View Full Version : Mayor's cup

msstate7
04-23-2016, 10:31 PM
**** should read governor's cup... I'm stupid

Any ideas how we approach it with pitching? Hate playing om on Tuesday with an sec series starting on Thursday. We're in the middle of a 6 games in 8 days stretch. Sexton going deep tonight was huge

MetEdDawg
04-23-2016, 10:34 PM
Got to think we will stay with the plan. Freshmen, freshmen, freshmen. Maybe a late game appearance by Houston or Brown if it's close.

msstate7
04-23-2016, 10:37 PM
Got to think we will stay with the plan. Freshmen, freshmen, freshmen. Maybe a late game appearance by Houston or Brown if it's close.

Yeah, I don't think we have much choice. As much as I want to beat om, bama series more important

engie
04-23-2016, 10:43 PM
Gonna thump them. Freshman cahones.

Skydawg1
04-23-2016, 10:48 PM
Was I dreaming or did I see somewhere that the Mayor's Cup was going to be on TV?

msstate7
04-23-2016, 10:51 PM
Was I dreaming or did I see somewhere that the Mayor's Cup was going to be on TV?

Secn @ 6 on Tuesday

HSVDawg
04-23-2016, 10:56 PM

Any ideas how we approach it with pitching? Hate playing om on Tuesday with an sec series starting on Thursday. We're in the middle of a 6 games in 8 days stretch. Sexton going deep tonight was huge

I think OM's midweek pitching prospects are just as risky as ours. I have no problem with our usual Johnny Wholestaff approach with the freshmen. And if we get lucky and Keegan James or Kale Breaux can go deep into the ballgame, even better.

BulldogBear
04-24-2016, 06:46 AM

If you'll remember, it was "Mayor's Trophy," not "Cup." C'Mon mane. If you gonna get it wrong at least get it right****** ;)

msstate7
04-24-2016, 06:53 AM
If you'll remember, it was "Mayor's Trophy," not "Cup." C'Mon mane. If you gonna get it wrong at least get it right****** ;)

Losing my mind...

Jarius
04-24-2016, 07:38 AM
Are there any general admission tickets available? I know the chair backs are sold out

raymond21
04-24-2016, 07:40 AM
It's time for the Paul Young show

BulldogBear
04-24-2016, 07:50 AM
Are there any general admission tickets available? I know the chair backs are sold out
I called them yesterday. They said they are allowed (you know, by capacity / fire Marshall stuff) to sell about 3,000 GA tickets. At the time he said they had only sold about 200.

But they did say that if you think you're going to walk up and buy a ticket that night, you'll miss the first four innings.

msstate7
04-24-2016, 06:56 PM
No Daniel brown today and very short stint for Houston... I think it'll be one of these 2 Tuesday night

Harrydawg
04-24-2016, 07:40 PM
Yes, Houston and or Brown would be ready to and could go again Saturday if need be. These guys have to log some innings and be ready for later this year. Same for Moonlight

Todd4State
04-24-2016, 08:12 PM
See my thread above. My guess is it's going to be Houston. I think it will be more like how we approached USM when we threw Rigby, Tatum, and Humphreys. Although instead of Tatum I think we'll go Daniel Brown and maybe Billingsley if all goes well.

If not, we'll freak out and throw every freshman on the roster and hope someone figures it out.

Jarius
04-25-2016, 08:05 AM
I called them yesterday. They said they are allowed (you know, by capacity / fire Marshall stuff) to sell about 3,000 GA tickets. At the time he said they had only sold about 200.

But they did say that if you think you're going to walk up and buy a ticket that night, you'll miss the first four innings.
Thanks!