PDA

View Full Version : Sexton earned some money tonight

basedog
04-23-2016, 09:36 PM
He looked so composed, I do think it bothered him when he hit the dude in the head. I thought it was a great move taking him out.

Gridley is in a slump hitting but i think he will come around soon. He has had some big hits this year. I just don't understand some down grading him at SS. He is pretty steady and makes plays, he is a gamer who has heart and plays hard plus his slump hasn't gotten him hanging his head on defense.

Eli has become an outstanding catcher and I see now why he was ranked so high. He is also in a slump but I think he will come round also. He like Gridley hasn't let his defense suffer thru this slump of hitting.

Brown was good tonight, glad to see him gaining confidence, he can be really good and I'm glad the Coaches haven't given up on him.

Hump, hope he continues as our closer, he looks really good with lack of pitching since his High School day. His confidence has to be high right now.

msstate7
04-23-2016, 09:49 PM
I love Gridley. I want him to play. I just want him at 2b... Better fit for his arm strength and range.

Sexton was huge tonight. I feel much better about this win than last night's bc we haven't had a really good start in a while. Still can't believe lsu didn't bunt early to test sexton's hamstring.

Hump has been good in most pitching opportunities. We've just left him out there too long a few times bc we didn't wanna lose his bat. Gotta use him late only

basedog
04-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Pretty sure Gridley will stay at SS this year. Belmont probably will get a chance at SS next year.
Like I said, Gridley is prett steady, I love gamers like he and Jake! Future looks so good, hope we have a few recruits who are like the freshman who are playing now.

msstate7
04-23-2016, 09:59 PM
Pretty sure Gridley will stay at SS this year. Belmont probably will get a chance at SS next year.
Like I said, Gridley is prett steady, I love gamers like he and Jake! Future looks so good, hope we have a few recruits who are like the freshman who are playing now.

I'd take that bet. I feel pretty confident that Alexander will get a shot when healthy. What would we lose? Stovall and holland aren't hitting anyway... We lose nothing by playing Alexander and get better defensively

basedog
04-23-2016, 10:20 PM
I'd take that bet. I feel pretty confident that Alexander will get a shot when healthy. What would we lose? Stovall and holland aren't hitting anyway... We lose nothing by playing Alexander and get better defensively

You are loaded with vCash!

msstate7
04-23-2016, 10:23 PM
You are loaded with vCash!

Predicting scores for games haha

War Machine Dawg
04-23-2016, 11:12 PM
He looked so composed, I do think it bothered him when he hit the dude in the head. I thought it was a great move taking him out.

Gridley is in a slump hitting but i think he will come around soon. He has had some big hits this year. I just don't understand some down grading him at SS. He is pretty steady and makes plays, he is a gamer who has heart and plays hard plus his slump hasn't gotten him hanging his head on defense.

Eli has become an outstanding catcher and I see now why he was ranked so high. He is also in a slump but I think he will come round also. He like Gridley hasn't let his defense suffer thru this slump of hitting.

Brown was good tonight, glad to see him gaining confidence, he can be really good and I'm glad the Coaches haven't given up on him.

Hump, hope he continues as our closer, he looks really good with lack of pitching since his High School day. His confidence has to be high right now.

If you can't understand why Gridley sucks at SS defensively, you can't be helped. Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles can see he needs to be at 2B. Playing hard and having "heart" is the bare ****ing minimum you should expect from an SEC athlete in any sport. It's not something that gets you a pat on the back; it's expected.

JohnnyQuid
04-23-2016, 11:56 PM
If you can't understand why Gridley sucks at SS defensively, you can't be helped. Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles can see he needs to be at 2B. Playing hard and having "heart" is the bare ****ing minimum you should expect from an SEC athlete in any sport. It's not something that gets you a pat on the back; it's expected.

this is pretty much how i feel. he's not an sec ss. I bash him alot it's not cos of effort. i like the guy i wish it was different. if he doesn't make ALL the routine plays he's a liability cos he makes no spectacular ones. and im not sure he'll ever be great offensively - remains to be seen. If next year he turns into a .300 guy cool. right now he's a little guy that pops up alot. hope he makes me look like an idiot

basedog
04-24-2016, 09:00 AM
Never said Gridley was a great ss or Sec ss, I said he is steady, I do think he is better at 2nd, but right now he is the best we have playing ss.

dickiedawg
04-24-2016, 09:02 AM
But Paul Mainieri said he was just throwing junk all night, if his Tigers would have sat back on it they'd have scored a bajillion runs.