PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mowgli rings a cowbell in scene where he meets King Louie, who is played by.....

BulldogBear
04-23-2016, 08:53 AM
...none other than Christopher Walken!!!

So, I didn't give any updates on the softball game last night because I took my daughter to see The Jungle Book.

The characters were great and I was mildy surprised and pleased that even though this wasn't presented as a musical there were in fact a few musical numbers, including "Bear Necessities" and "I wanna be like you." Supposedly the story is a little more true to the book than the Disney cartoon. The landscapes were great also. I think the songs don't live up to the ones in the cartoon though. We've had decades for those to be ingrained in our head of course, but I don't think that's it. They are just not quite as catchy as the "originals."

But I must say that I did not realize that Scarlett Johansson could sing. Oh my. Stay for the credits and you'll know the song I'm talking about. Oh my. Oh my.

BrunswickDawg
04-23-2016, 09:09 AM
According to a couple of blogs, that was an Easter egg planted by Jon Favreau. Who would have thunk that D-Bob from Rudy would make some of the best movies of the last 15 years?

DawgHouseUnited
04-23-2016, 09:44 AM
According to a couple of blogs, that was an Easter egg planted by Jon Favreau. Who would have thunk that D-Bob from Rudy would make some of the best movies of the last 15 years?http://i.somethingawful.com/u/ctstalker/2012/2012_09_01_pcu.jpg

I always remember him from PCU

Maroonthirteen
04-23-2016, 09:58 AM
I saw it too. I agree. Good movie.

My bigger kids enjoyed it. But PSA for those with little kids, it is a bit much for them. My 5 year old hung in there but I saw a few parents leave with little.ones not long into the movie. Anyway....just a heads up.

But good family movie with older kids... 7 and up.

TrapGame
04-23-2016, 12:25 PM
How many stars does this Mowgli kid have and is Hevesy recruiting him?***

chainedup_Dawg
04-23-2016, 02:46 PM
I saw it too. I agree. Good movie.

My bigger kids enjoyed it. But PSA for those with little kids, it is a bit much for them. My 5 year old hung in there but I saw a few parents leave with little.ones not long into the movie. Anyway....just a heads up.

But good family movie with older kids... 7 and up.

In what way? I have a 4 year old. Really want to take her and her brother but depending on what it is that is "too much" i might have to back out

Maroonthirteen
04-23-2016, 04:09 PM
Just the animals fighting. A few surprise attacks in which the animal seemingly jumps out the screen and is obviously loud. Like I said my 5 yo liked it but she was in my lap a few scenes.

Maroonthirteen
04-23-2016, 04:10 PM
I heard he is loyal to NC State.****

BulldogBear
04-23-2016, 04:11 PM
How many stars does this Mowgli kid have and is Hevesy recruiting him?***

He's gonna need to hit the weight room first