PDA

View Full Version : Today's game chances

Boodawg
04-23-2016, 08:10 AM
Do we have a better, worse, or about the same chance winning today as we did yesterday?

msstate7
04-23-2016, 08:11 AM
How's sexton's hamstring?

Taog Redloh
04-23-2016, 08:15 AM
Hurt Sexton vs Lange. Probably less. But we do hit LHP. So, toss up.

Jack Lambert
04-23-2016, 08:37 AM
I like out chances to sweep. I am guessing last night was their best pitcher and we lit him up.

BulldogBear
04-23-2016, 08:40 AM
@ LSU, even to good

@ Florida, less than zero

basedog
04-23-2016, 09:07 AM
You know, "it's baseball" and I understand that statement more than ever. I've said this a lot, this team never gives up and last night was a good example of maintaining their composure and rallying after each Lsu run.
Our team has that "swag" and I really think we are better than Lsu, doesn't mean we will sweep but I'd say our chances of winning another game is around 75% or more.

Ben McDonald is very fair to Msu baseball and his knowledge to the college game is good to hear.

More Cowbell please!

sbcmortgageman
04-23-2016, 09:11 AM
Sexton hammy is fine. We need him to have a quality start however. Our bullpen is too sporadic to trust it.

State82
04-23-2016, 09:35 AM
Sexton hammy is fine.

Definitely encouraging. It's time for a dominant start from the staff for sure.

msstate7
04-23-2016, 09:36 AM
Definitely encouraging. It's time for a dominant start from the staff for sure.

We need it... 6 ip 3 runs or 7 ip 4 runs and I'll be fine with it

Billy Ray Valentine
04-23-2016, 09:41 AM
Damn good chance. We're hitting the ball

djaymsu5
04-23-2016, 09:56 AM
Those two that Gavin and Kruger hit were crushed to left. I just knew they were bombs. Hell even Ben McDonald thought they were gone. Both just stopped at the warning track. Another ball was crushed to right and caught at the track by Rooker. We were teeing off on some balls last night. If that's a sign of the weekend I think we can take care of business the next two games assuming our pitching gives us a shot.

CadaverDawg
04-23-2016, 10:06 AM
Lange is legit, but we hit lefty's well....should be an interesting matchup. We need Sexton to give us 6+, but I'm expecting Cohen and Wes to have a fairly quick hook if Sexton gets in trouble and we can get a decent lead. They may throw Brown, Houston, and even Rigby & Hump again if it means winning today and wrapping the series up.....and I'm ok with that. Let's throw everything at them today, and try to play with house money for a sweep tomorrow.

May be wishful thinking.

ETA: I'm an idiot, Lange is a Righty.

MarketingBully
04-23-2016, 10:40 AM
Lange is legit, but we hit lefty's well....should be an interesting matchup. We need Sexton to give us 6+, but I'm expecting Cohen and Wes to have a fairly quick hook if Sexton gets in trouble and we can get a decent lead. They may throw Brown, Houston, and even Rigby & Hump again if it means winning today and wrapping the series up.....and I'm ok with that. Let's throw everything at them today, and try to play with house money for a sweep tomorrow.

May be wishful thinking

I think we win tonight and end up taking 2 of 3 this weekend from LSU with last week just being an anomaly to our season. I think last weekend we may have just been a little too uptight and wanting to do too much which effects play in baseball more then any other sport. Lange is good but our ability to hit LH pitching means we should put on another clinic hitting wise again today. LSU's Sunday starter is really good as well so I think it will be hard to get the sweep after we win tonight but who knows it's baseball after all.

messageboardsuperhero
04-23-2016, 10:55 AM
Am I the only one who realizes that Lange is a RHP and not a lefty?

chef dixon
04-23-2016, 10:56 AM
Um I'm pretty sure Lange is a righty, no?

chef dixon
04-23-2016, 10:59 AM
BUT, Lange is not the same pitcher he was a year ago. Still has nasty stuff but ERA close to 5

CadaverDawg
04-23-2016, 11:14 AM
Am I the only one who realizes that Lange is a RHP and not a lefty?

Damn, I forgot Lange was a RHP and was just basing it on the early comments in this thread. That changes a lot.

Guess Hump will suck today now**

preachermatt83
04-23-2016, 11:21 AM
I hate to be the one to say it but we have won 1 in Baton Rouge. That's all I was expecting. Anything else is gravy. We won't lose series's against Bama, Mizzou, auburn, or Arky. That sets us up fine. Winning all but 2 SEC series is gonna go a long way in hosting chances.

War Machine Dawg
04-23-2016, 11:41 AM
Those two that Gavin and Kruger hit were crushed to left. I just knew they were bombs. Hell even Ben McDonald thought they were gone. Both just stopped at the warning track. Another ball was crushed to right and caught at the track by Rooker. We were teeing off on some balls last night. If that's a sign of the weekend I think we can take care of business the next two games assuming our pitching gives us a shot.

Yep, wind blowing in hard from LF last night according to MacDonald. He also mentioned that was a little abnormal and the wind normally blows out to LF.

GTHOM
04-23-2016, 11:41 AM
I hate to be the one to say it but we have won 1 in Baton Rouge. That's all I was expecting. Anything else is gravy. We won't lose series's against Bama, Mizzou, auburn, or Arky. That sets us up fine. Winning all but 2 SEC series is gonna go a long way in hosting chances.

I think we are better than they are if sexton is anything like his usual self today we SHOULD win the game

starkvegasdawg
04-23-2016, 11:53 AM
Damn good chance. We're hitting the ball
So we bunt today?

BulldogBear
04-23-2016, 01:00 PM
So we bunt today?

It is as you say