PDA

View Full Version : Draft info on Dak

MetEdDawg
04-22-2016, 11:19 AM
Hearing there is a lot of interest coming out of Denver. They think he might even have a chance to play this upcoming year. Apparently they really like him.

I've also heard they really like Nkemdiche and will try to get him if they solve their QB problems in free agency. If not it seems like they will be happy with Dak.

I don't see Dak getting out of the 2nd round now. There are too many teams that need QBs and 2 of them will be gone in the first 2 picks. I would love him in Demver with that defense so I hope that works out.

djaymsu5
04-22-2016, 11:56 AM
I would be the first to buy that jersey!

Dawg61
04-22-2016, 12:20 PM
Denver, Dallas, Philly are the team's showing him the most interest. I'd rather he go to Dallas or Denver than Philly.

msstate7
04-22-2016, 12:30 PM
Denver, Dallas, Philly are the team's showing him the most interest. I'd rather he go to Dallas or Denver than Philly.

Thought philly traded up for qb

Dawg61
04-22-2016, 12:41 PM
Thought philly traded up for qb

They did and now Sam Bradford wants out so no telling what's going on over there. Seems like a mess right now. Not the best spot for Dak to walk into. They could draft two QBs if Bradford leaves.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
04-22-2016, 01:04 PM
other teams i'm seeing in play are Jets in the 2nd or Bills in the 3rd. broncos & cowboys are the clear favorites.

War Machine Dawg
04-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Don't sleep on Houston. I know they signed Osweiler, but there's still a lot of interest there. They're flying under the radar, but Bill O'Brien really likes Dak and got a good look coaching him in the Senior Bowl.

Dawg61
04-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Zero chance of starting in Houston for the next five years. No thank you.

Tbonewannabe
04-22-2016, 02:39 PM
Zero chance of starting in Houston for the next five years. No thank you.

Depends on if Brock is Philip Rivers or Matt Cassell. You never can tell how a player reacts when they get that paycheck.

Dawg61
04-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Depends on if Brock is Philip Rivers or Matt Cassell. You never can tell how a player reacts when they get that paycheck.

True I like Dak's chances to start sooner in Dallas vs the brittle collarbone or in Denver vs Butt Fumble than I do in Houston though but you're correct Osweiler could suck.

War Machine Dawg
04-22-2016, 03:02 PM

Exactly. Houston can't afford to assume Osweiler will pan out. And there's not really anyone else on the roster you think could be "The Guy" if Brock does wind up sucking. Weeden will be a decent short term spot starter that lets them develop Dak. Don't really expect Houston to draft him, but I know they're talking about it. As long as it isn't Dallas, New England, or Cleveland I can live with whoever gets him. I'd have to kill myself if he winds up with one of those three, though. Really rooting for Denver or KC if it isn't going to be Houston.

BeardoMSU
04-22-2016, 03:06 PM
True I like Dak's chances to start sooner in Dallas vs the brittle collarbone or in Denver vs Butt Fumble than I do in Houston though but you're correct Osweiler could suck.

Even if Romo makes it a couple more years, no biggie. That will just allow Dak to mentor under him and get even better for when he does get his shot.

Dawg61
04-22-2016, 03:10 PM
I think New England is a great spot for Dak to land. Brady only has 3-4 more years tops and backups at NE get PAID when they move on. Matt Flynn, Matt Cassel etc have turned that backup job into huge contracts.

drunkernhelldawg
04-22-2016, 03:19 PM
Denver would be the best. Great organization. Not concerned about Dak being able to adjust to the big time, but the presence of John Elway can only help. Also like that the qb position is open there although I'm not sure it's good for him to start during his first season.

mparkerfd20
04-22-2016, 04:02 PM
I think New England is a great spot for Dak to land. Brady only has 3-4 more years tops and backups at NE get PAID when they move on. Matt Flynn, Matt Cassel etc have turned that backup job into huge contracts.

Anywhere but New England. I would actively root against Dak if he were to play for New England. Sorry I just despise them.

deltadawg99
04-22-2016, 04:43 PM
I read an article where the Bears may be interested in him. Makes since because they don't have a QB of the future and their current depth chart has two I drafted free agents as the 2nd & 3rd string guys and neither has significant game experience.

Political Hack
04-22-2016, 05:08 PM
I'd love to see Dak play with Cox but I don't see it working out. I still can't understand why in the hell anyone would trade up in this draft.

DancingRabbit
04-22-2016, 05:29 PM
My guess currently is that Denver picks him at 63, but if they don't then Dallas takes him at 67.

DawgPoundtheRock
04-22-2016, 05:56 PM
My guess currently is that Denver picks him at 63, but if they don't then Dallas takes him at 67.

^^This^^. I believe this is about an 85% probability. However, the draft usually has weird things happen, so you never know.

War Machine Dawg
04-22-2016, 06:17 PM
Anywhere but New England. I would actively root against Dak if he were to play for New England. Sorry I just despise them.

This. Cleveland just sucks, but I hate the Cowgirls and Pats with the fire of 1,000 suns.

Dawg61
04-22-2016, 06:44 PM
^^This^^. I believe this is about an 85% probability. However, the draft usually has weird things happen, so you never know.

I think Dak goes 2nd round. Once Lynch goes panic starts and Dak benefits from it.