PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a new forum, "Coaches & Players Forum"

blacklistedbully
08-16-2013, 12:51 PM
One of the things I really like about this board is the actual coaching knowledge & experience we have from some members. If those guys are willing, I think it'd be great to have these guys post regularly on their respective sports, kind of a "Coaching 101", that gives the rest of us a deeper understanding of what really goes on.

Most of us like to think we have knowledge, but I suspect most of us are often talking out of our ass at least a little. I believe most, including myself, perhaps know some basics, supplemented by bits & pieces we've picked up over the years from a combination of youth football, bar-talk with other guys mostly on our level, MB fodder, etc.

I'd really like to increase my actual knowledge, understanding all the terms, strategies (general & situational), how they are factored into game-planning, game management, etc.

I also love to hear from college & pro players on the same kind of stuff. What is it REALLY like? How did you prepare, play, balance schoolwork, etc. How were you perceived and treated by fellow students, etc, etc.

Whaddaya think? Coach34? Coach57? Others?

Barking 13
08-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Good idea!

Big4Dawg
08-16-2013, 01:34 PM
I think a recruiting board would be cool too - and have each player have his own post. Like the way one of the Tennessee board has one.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 01:51 PM
I think they already have one, and this thread is in it.

No offense, but the original post seems nerdly.

I vote for a forum in which nerds are not allowed and people can freely speak and butt heads without getting attacked by a pack of nerds.

A recruiting forum, however, is a good idea.

Big4Dawg
08-16-2013, 01:57 PM
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/

Something like that.

Coach 57
08-16-2013, 02:05 PM
I will humbly post the insights I have throughout the year.

Goat Holder
08-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Too many forums gets complicated and hard to maneuver, IMO. And what would qualify you to post in the coaches'/players' forum? What level of coaching/playing?

blacklistedbully
08-16-2013, 02:28 PM

I vote for a forum in which nerds are not allowed and people can freely speak and butt heads without getting attacked by a pack of nerds.

How 'bout this "nerdly" post. Go f*%k yourself! This is not at all what I was talking about. Your post helps prove that point. Hopefully a thread like that would be devoted to just that, and cut down on the BS posts like yours from guys that think they can look cool by attacking other posters for no reason.

For my part, I was an athlete at MSU, though I played rugby due to the fact I went to high school in England, and just missed making the cut at Perk for football. Yep, I wasn't good enough and/or talented enough to make a JUCO football team, and I freely admit it, though I like to think if I actually understood football the way I did rugby back then, I'd have had a better chance.

Ronny
08-16-2013, 06:17 PM

...are sitting at either a laptop or computer typing out bullshit on an internet message board. In the great scheme of things, perhaps the single most useless, meaningless endeavor you could engage, next to whittling.

I don't know if you realize this, but once you commit to active participation on internet forums of any type, you have automatically marked yourself a nerd.

Sir, you yourself have met all criteria for being a nerd.

If you want to remove yourself from nerd contamination, then stop posting on internet messageboards altogether.

Ha. Can't do it can you? We understand your addiction, fellow nerd.

MSUDawg4Life
08-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Well, I do think there are plenty of blogs and other websites available for those who want a deeper understanding of football. I'm not sure it could be done consistently well on this board. Not to mention, many of the coaches, players and knowledgeable people often disagree about basic football concepts on this board. It would boil down to people just giving their opinions.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Sandman is awful. His tenure will be short lived

Coach34
08-16-2013, 07:05 PM
I dont know that we need another forum for it- but I will answer any technical questions I can when they are brought to my attention

CadaverDawg
08-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Sandman is awful. His tenure will be short lived

It's already lasted 343 posts longer than it should have imo

Dawg61
08-16-2013, 07:18 PM
You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see a current roster posted for MSU with player updates. The one on hailstate.com only lists their names basically. I'd also have one for recruits and commits.

Will James
08-16-2013, 07:23 PM
I dont know that we need another forum for it

+1

hacker
08-16-2013, 08:34 PM
I think a recruiting board would be cool too - and have each player have his own post. Like the way one of the Tennessee board has one.

Firm +1 on this one.

If not a full forum, could we get a sticky recruiting tracker thread sort of like AzzuriDawg's on SPS?