PDA

View Full Version : Just for good measure...

BeardoMSU
04-22-2016, 12:17 AM
I know this was already posted in the earlier Prince thread, but at the risk of it being lost in the shuffle, I feel this video alone is worthy of it's own.

Watch it. Watch it twice, three times, 100 times. I'm convinced the 3:27 mark (to the end) is somehow related to mystical forces pulling inside the Earth, or storks delivering babies, or angels receiving wings, etc.**

Those of you with kids at State: I had to lecture today literally 15 minutes after I found out he died. I administered a quiz, then I had the whole class of 90+ students watch this video, lol. #liberalindoctrination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

I seen it dawg
04-22-2016, 05:52 AM
One. Bad. Ass. Dude.

BrunswickDawg
04-22-2016, 06:34 AM
When asked what it was like to be greatest guitar player in the world, Eric Clapton replied "I don't know, ask Prince."

Bothrops
04-22-2016, 10:32 AM
Dude had talent

AusTexDawg
04-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Saw this when it originally aired - it's sublime.

Tbonewannabe
04-22-2016, 10:39 AM
He truly was an amazing artist. He was the type of guy to learn an instrument and master it in no time.

Bullmutt
04-22-2016, 11:25 AM
When asked what it was like to be greatest guitar player in the world, Eric Clapton replied "I don't know, ask Prince."

To add some additional perspective to his comment, Clapton once remarked, when he was being effusively praised as the greatest guitar player in the world, "It's hard to imagine yourself as the greatest when you can often walk into clubs and see guys who you feel are better than you."

blacklistedbully
04-22-2016, 12:20 PM
Another. Dead. Drug. Addict

Look, I truly admire the man's talent, no question. But I have a hard time singing the praises of yet another incredibly-talented, amazingly-gifted artist who destroyed his life via drug abuse.

I can applaud his work, but I damn sure can't applaud the man.

the59dawg
04-22-2016, 12:35 PM

Look, I truly admire the man's talent, no question. But I have a hard time singing the praises of yet another incredibly-talented, amazingly-gifted artist who destroyed his life via drug abuse.

Amen.

tireddawg
04-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Drug addiction is a disease. It's not necessarily the way that particular person wants to be. It just overtakes them & then becomes too late for some.

Educating those that are ignorant (not calling anyone out here) to the disease aspect of it thoroughly would be very beneficial in the fight, in my opinion.
But that's awholenother topic

gravedigger
04-22-2016, 12:47 PM

And yet there are perfectly sober people in this world who will never amount to anything comparatively. So he had a weakness. You think yours are any better?

Reason2succeed
04-22-2016, 01:34 PM
I pray for those who are insensitive to addiction and advise them to hope to God they never know the pain of facing it.

BeardoMSU
04-22-2016, 02:00 PM
I pray for those who are insensitive to addiction and advise them to hope to God they never know the pain of facing it.

This.

preachermatt83
04-22-2016, 02:11 PM

Amen. It is a sickness.

MSUDawg99
04-22-2016, 03:40 PM
I don't think the comment was meant to be insensitive to addiction. I think it was meant to not want to "glorify" it, so to speak.

blacklistedbully
04-22-2016, 04:19 PM
Drug addiction is a disease. It's not necessarily the way that particular person wants to be. It just overtakes them & then becomes too late for some.

Educating those that are ignorant (not calling anyone out here) to the disease aspect of it thoroughly would be very beneficial in the fight, in my opinion.
But that's awholenother topic

If it's a disease, then it's the equivalent of willingly and purposefully going out and having unprotected sex with a prostitute who flat-out tells you she has AIDS.

If you're stupid enough to do that, then you can't expect to be considered a victim, and, IMO, don't deserve anywhere near the sympathy of someone who gets cancer, pneumonia, etc.

Or in the AIDS analogy, I'd have plenty of sympathy and compassion for anybody who got AIDS from a blood-transfusion or in any way that was not as a result of their own choices. Not so much for the one who chooses the very behavior they know can result in the terrible outcome.

For Prince....I respect a lot of his work and ability, but I think he's another weak-willed dumbass who had so much, yet threw it all away. If he had a disease, he gave it to himself.

blacklistedbully
04-22-2016, 04:23 PM
And yet there are perfectly sober people in this world who will never amount to anything comparatively. So he had a weakness. You think yours are any better?

If I make a poor choice to do something I know damned-well is really bad for me, my family, my friends, etc, and it results in my death, then I deserve no more sympathy than does Prince, IMO.

Prince chose to use drugs. If that eventually became a ting he could no longer control...that's sad, but it was still his choice that sent him down that road. It's not like he didn't know the potential consequences the very first time he did it.

Personal responsibility.

And yes, I know my weaknesses are better than his of drug addiction. No question. I am not addicted to drugs because I won't use them. I won't snort coke, I won't even try acid, heroine, etc. I choose not to try them because i know damn well where that could lead.

Reason2succeed
04-22-2016, 04:29 PM
Respectfully, you do not fully understand addiction. This movie while long helped me to understand it better.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA8F89537FD4C3FD1

blacklistedbully
04-22-2016, 04:40 PM
Respectfully, you do not fully understand addiction. This movie while long helped me to understand it better.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA8F89537FD4C3FD1

Did Prince have an addiction to drugs before he decided to use them?

I think you're missing the point. I am not denying that drug addiction is a terrible and brutal thing that is one of the hardest things to overcome. But it only becomes this horrible addiction if the person makes a choice to travel the path of drug abuse.

If you CHOOSE to go there, you have only yourself to blame. If you CHOOSE to go there, you are choosing it knowing damned-good-and-well the risks, so if you CHOOSE to go there, you are a DUMBASS.

You did it to yourself.

Reason2succeed
04-22-2016, 04:44 PM
Watch the video please.

chef dixon
04-22-2016, 04:46 PM
I mean I don't think you can say he "threw it all away." He lived to be 57, not super old, but that ain't your classic die young from addiction case. I'd bet he was pretty satisfied with what he had done on this earth.

Reason2succeed
04-22-2016, 04:51 PM
I could argue all day with you on why people who have addiction are not "dumbasses" or you could watch the video or educate yourself in another way and you may have a different opinion. Either way I've done my part and I'm done with the conversation. Once again I pray that neither you or anyone you love have to face addiction. Be blessed.

blacklistedbully
04-22-2016, 05:45 PM
I could argue all day with you on why people who have addiction are not "dumbasses" or you could watch the video or educate yourself in another way and you may have a different opinion. Either way I've done my part and I'm done with the conversation. Once again I pray that neither you or anyone you love have to face addiction. Be blessed.

I'll try to take a look when I have time, but please don't make the mistake of thinking I have no experience with addiction. My dad was an alcoholic, and it ultimately contributed to his death, even though he was sober for years prior to his death. I have a sister who is a recovering drug and alcohol addict. I have a cousin who died from a drug OD.

Also don't make the mistake of thinking I don't have compassion for those fighting-the-good-fight against addiction. I've prayed plenty for people like that, and will continue to do so. What I stand by 100% is my assertion that anyone who becomes a drug addict is a dumbass. That doesn't mean they can't be smart people. To me, a dumbass is someone, smart-or-not, that does something really stupid.

Voluntarily taking drugs like that is a really stupid thing to do, given everyone knows the potential consequences. It's not like there aren't plenty of examples of people ruining their lives and possibly the lives of those around them or who care about them by getting involved with certain types of drugs.

My sympathy is more for the people he hurt because of his drug abuse. I have less of it for someone who dies because they decided to choose that path.

BeardoMSU
04-22-2016, 05:48 PM
Voluntarily taking drugs like that is a really stupid thing to do

How bout we wait until all the facts come out. Geez...

tireddawg
04-22-2016, 06:06 PM
So you're saying that my mom who is fighting cancer, for the past year, has to have pain medication for the terrible pain that she has to endure is a dumbass?
It will be very hard for her to just lay the meds down once she no longer needs them.
Which means now she is addicted to them, but wait, she's a dumbass according to you.

blacklistedbully
04-22-2016, 06:48 PM
So you're saying that my mom who is fighting cancer, for the past year, has to have pain medication for the terrible pain that she has to endure is a dumbass?
It will be very hard for her to just lay the meds down once she no longer needs them.
Which means now she is addicted to them, but wait, she's a dumbass according to you.

Now you're being dishonest. Did you miss the part about, "voluntary" or "through no fault of their own"? I clearly made that distinction. If your mother becomes addicted to a drug becuase she needs it to fight cancer, that's a completely different thing than someone who decides to take them for recreation.

But I suspect you already knew exactly what I said and meant, and are now just trying to use hyperbole to support an ineffective argument. Next time, leave the Straw Man BS behind if you want to have an intelligent debate.

That said, I'm sorry to hear about your mom, and pray she wins her battle with cancer, and any possible subsequent addiction. If your mom does become addicted, I'd feel a lot more compassion for her than I do Prince, as she clearly did not choose to get on drugs for, "the fun of it".

blacklistedbully
04-22-2016, 06:51 PM
How bout we wait until all the facts come out. Geez...

If the facts that come out dispute that he was a recreational drug user who got addicted and lost his life as a result, then I will take back calling him a dumbass and a drug addict. That won't change my opinion on people who lose or ruin their lives and/or others through the act of irresponsible drug abuse.

tireddawg
04-22-2016, 07:57 PM
Now you're being a dumbass. Did you miss the part about, "voluntary" or "through no fault of their own"? I clearly made that distinction. If your mother becomes addicted to a drug becuase she needs it to fight cancer, that's a completely different thing than someone who decides to take them for recreation.

But I suspect you already knew exactly what I said and meant, and are now just trying to use hyperbole to support an ineffective argument. Next time, leave the Straw Man BS behind if you want to have an intelligent debate.

That said, I'm sorry to hear about your mom, and pray she wins her battle with cancer, and any possible subsequent addiction. If your mom does become addicted, I'd feel a lot more compassion for her than I do Prince, as she clearly did not choose to get on drugs for, "the fun of it".

No need in name calling bro. You said & I quote, "What I stand by 100% is my assertion that ANYONE who becomes a drug addict is a dumbass". You might have used voluntary but you didn't in that statement. I'm not trying to poke holes, you said it.
Say what you mean & mean what you say.

Thanks for prayers & well wishes.

sleepy dawg
04-22-2016, 08:28 PM
If I make a poor choice to do something I know damned-well is really bad for me, my family, my friends, etc, and it results in my death, then I deserve no more sympathy than does Prince, IMO.

Prince chose to use drugs. If that eventually became a ting he could no longer control...that's sad, but it was still his choice that sent him down that road. It's not like he didn't know the potential consequences the very first time he did it.

Personal responsibility.

And yes, I know my weaknesses are better than his of drug addiction. No question. I am not addicted to drugs because I won't use them. I won't snort coke, I won't even try acid, heroine, etc. I choose not to try them because i know damn well where that could lead.

Get off your high horse. Okay, so you're a better man than Prince. Let's all compare weaknesses and see who's weakness is the best so we can declare the best man of the board.
Nobody here gives a shit about what kind of man you are. We were just trying to have a conversation and give recognition to one of the greatest known musicians, in our opinion, of a generation. There's no need to hijack the thread to make sure everyone knows how great you are.

tireddawg
04-22-2016, 08:53 PM
I'll have to apologize for my part of the hijacking.
Prince, in my opinion was up there with Merle.
2 of the best at what they did & the memories they created for me in my life...
I'd like to drive my Little Red Corvette through the Big City

blacklistedbully
04-22-2016, 09:29 PM
No need in name calling bro. You said & I quote, "What I stand by 100% is my assertion that ANYONE who becomes a drug addict is a dumbass". You might have used voluntary but you didn't in that statement. I'm not trying to poke holes, you said it.
Say what you mean & mean what you say.

Thanks for prayers & well wishes.

You know damned well exactly what I said and meant throughout this thread. You're taking one comment out-of-context, ignoring the rest of my statements because it's the only way you can attack my argument.

That is weak-ass-bullshit! And I called you dishonest because your comment absolutely warranted it. One does not have to use a curse word to be personally insulting. You trying to pull your mother's battle with cancer into this as a way to support your absurd cherry-picking of one comment among many I made is a particularly low-brow, shitty thing to do.

Op4isabitch
04-22-2016, 09:37 PM
You know damned well exactly what I said and meant throughout this thread. You're taking one comment out-of-context, ignoring the rest of my statements because it's the only way you can attack my argument.

That is weak-ass-bullshit! And I called you a dumbass because your comment absolutely warranted it. One does not have to use a curse word to be personally insulting. You trying to pull your mother's battle with cancer into this as a way to support your absurd cherry-picking of one comment among many I made is a particularly low-brow, shitty thing to do.

I fully understand where you are coming from, however name calling and trying to belittle those with different opinions is pretty crappy.
You have a history on here and on rivals of doing just that, chill out dude.

blacklistedbully
04-22-2016, 09:38 PM
Get off your high horse. Okay, so you're a better man than Prince. Let's all compare weaknesses and see who's weakness is the best so we can declare the best man of the board.
Nobody here gives a shit about what kind of man you are. We were just trying to have a conversation and give recognition to one of the greatest known musicians, in our opinion, of a generation. There's no need to hijack the thread to make sure everyone knows how great you are.

You are, without doubt a moron of epic proportions. NOTHING in my post you referenced has me claiming to be a, "better man". NOTHING in my post can possibly cause anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together to think I was talking about, "what kind of man I am". NOTHING in my post has teh slightest thing to do with, "being on a high horse".

I was challenged by another poster asking if my weaknesses were not as bad, and I answered. The truth is, that doesn't make me special, as the vast majority of people can almost assuredly make the same claim. If someone takes dangerous, addicting drugs that they know can kill them, and they do it for recreational reasons, then they are WAY up the ladder of people who have the worst weakness. To argue otherwise is absurd.

Nobody made this a contest until you just did, jackass.

blacklistedbully
04-22-2016, 09:44 PM
I fully understand where you are coming from, however name calling and trying to belittle those with different opinions is pretty crappy.

I don't have a history of starting with the personal insults, rather I almost always wait until the other party does first. I even thought twice about doing it here, but sometimes a poster says something so deliberately offensive and misleading that the, "dumbass" is deserved and appropriate.

This thread was one of the very few times I've done that. The only exception is when I might use one vs another poster who started that name-calling shit long ago, like Dawg61. I no longer wait for him to call me a name if he insults me.

Note, I completely disagree with you here, and think you have judged me unfairly, but I'm not calling you names, or insulting you. And that's because you stated your opinion in a reasoned, respectful way. Your way is the right way to do it, and will always be met with mutual respect by me in return.

blacklistedbully
04-22-2016, 10:05 PM

OK, I took away one of the, "dumbass" remarks and replaced it with, "dishonest". However, I'm not taking the one directed at sleep dawg away for obvious reasons. ;)

tireddawg
04-22-2016, 10:08 PM
Wow...

blacklistedbully
04-22-2016, 10:50 PM
Wow...

Sorry, but Straw Man tactics and quoting people out-of-context is one of the things I find especially egregious. Those kind of things are patently dishonest and can drag an otherwise entertaining debate into the gutter.

In retrospect I wish I hadn't called you a name...it wasn't necessary to get my point across. I allowed my irritation with your tactics to get the better of me.

Now that's one of my many weaknesses.

gravedigger
04-23-2016, 12:13 AM

1. The above statement is your weakness. If my statement does not resonate with you, take it to your spiritual family. Seriously.

2. The word choice to an addict is mythical. Its starts long before the first hit. Your use of the word is akin to asking someone with depression what they are depressed about. Its chemical, not moral.

sleepy dawg
04-23-2016, 01:35 AM
You are, without doubt a moron of epic proportions. NOTHING in my post you referenced has me claiming to be a, "better man". NOTHING in my post can possibly cause anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together to think I was talking about, "what kind of man I am". NOTHING in my post has teh slightest thing to do with, "being on a high horse".

I was challenged by another poster asking if my weaknesses were not as bad, and I answered. The truth is, that doesn't make me special, as the vast majority of people can almost assuredly make the same claim. If someone takes dangerous, addicting drugs that they know can kill them, and they do it for recreational reasons, then they are WAY up the ladder of people who have the worst weakness. To argue otherwise is absurd.

Nobody made this a contest until you just did, jackass.

"And yes, I know my weaknesses are better than his of drug addiction. No question."

"he's another weak-willed dumbass who had so much, yet threw it all away. If he had a disease, he gave it to himself."

Again, we get it, you're better than him. Congrats for having the better weaknesses.

sleepy dawg
04-23-2016, 01:40 AM
OK, I took away one of the, "dumbass" remarks and replaced it with, "dishonest". However, I'm not taking the one directed at sleep dawg away for obvious reasons. ;)

List those obvious reasons again so everyone can see what a tool you are again. This whole thread is f*cked up because of you, not me.

sleepy dawg
04-23-2016, 01:41 AM
Sorry, but Straw Man tactics and quoting people out-of-context is one of the things I find especially egregious. Those kind of things are patently dishonest and can drag an otherwise entertaining debate into the gutter.

In retrospect I wish I hadn't called you a name...it wasn't necessary to get my point across. I allowed my irritation with your tactics to get the better of me.

Now that's one of my many weaknesses.

That's a better weakness, so it can be forgiven without us telling you how terrible of a person you must be.

TaleofTwoDogs
04-23-2016, 01:56 AM
Well, to change the subject from the evils of addiction, is that Dhani Harrison on Tom Petty's left.

BeardoMSU
04-23-2016, 09:17 AM
Well, to change the subject from the evils of addiction, is that Dhani Harrison on Tom Petty's left.

Yep. Looks just like his dad.

blacklistedbully
04-23-2016, 01:49 PM
1. The above statement is your weakness. If my statement does not resonate with you, take it to your spiritual family. Seriously.

2. The word choice to an addict is mythical. Its starts long before the first hit. Your use of the word is akin to asking someone with depression what they are depressed about. Its chemical, not moral.

BS! There is NO in-born disease that makes one take that first hit. Are there some people more predisposed to becoming addicts once they do take that first one? Sure. But unless someone forced them to take the first one, it's their own damned fault and weakness for doing it.

Where I think you may be getting confused is your continued insistence I have no compassion for those struggling with drug addiction. I have plenty...I just also hold the ones who got into it for recreational reasons accountable for their own actions.

Having compassion for someone does not mean we have to excuse their behavior. Having compassion for someone does not mean we have to ignore and/or not condemn the very actions and choices that put them in their fix. If one more person in this world looks at what Prince did as a colossally stupid thing that, in-the-end, cost him his life, and thus decides to not make the same choices, then it's a good thing.

What I am dead set against is this ridiculous notion that we should shower nothing but praise on Prince and act as if he was nothing more than a victim.

He was a drug addict. As far as I know, he became one via his own poor choices, which may have ultimately lead him to a point of addiction so strong he could not free himself of it's deadly grasp.

Again, my POV is have sympathy for those addicted and fighting to free themselves of said addiction, but don't dismiss the fact that taking that first step toward addiction was a choice for most of the abusers. If they win the battle and devote time trying to help others, then I'd offer much praise.

But if they go out and die of an OD, I'm not going to pretend like that wasn't their own fault. Some of you seem to want to begin the story with, "the battle with addiction", and say, "it's not his fault because addiction is a disease like any other". I, on the other hand think one can't dismiss the fact that poor choices were made that lead to the addiction. Every day more and more people go done that dark road, and you'd better believe some kids get into it because they idolize artists like Prince, or any number of talented artists who, "lived fast and died young".

Many young people, in particular, tend to want so badly to emulate the stars they worship that they'll also get involved in drug abuse. Hell, if their hero does them, and they want to be like their hero, then what-the-hell!

I'm beyond sick of seeing the shit, so would much rather see people step up and say, "Prince was an incredible talent, but made some terrible, terrible choices that ultimately lead to his death. Let's acknowledge his artistic greatness, but not forget or discount the horrible price he paid due to his drug addiction. Let's not just learn from his musical genius, but also learn from his mistakes."

blacklistedbully
04-23-2016, 01:52 PM
That's a better weakness, so it can be forgiven without us telling you how terrible of a person you must be.

Ah, so I'm a, "terrible person" because I've taken the position that, though we can and should praise an artist for his artistic accomplishments, we should not gloss over the fact that he was a drug addict that died from an OD, and that's a terrible tragedy...one that I hope others can learn from"

Got it! :rolleyes:

blacklistedbully
04-23-2016, 02:05 PM

You know nothing about me and my proclivities. Fact is, I have a much more addictive personality than your average Joe. I was long ago diagnosed with adult ADHD, a condition that includes a tendency to do things impulsively.

Despite being against cigarette-smoking as a personal choice my whole life, once in college, drunk, I got offered a cigarette and decided, WTH, I'll see what it's like. The very next day I went out, bought a carton and smoked more than a pack-a-day for over a decade. Loved my first, and loved my last, but I got to the point I didn't want to live with that addiction any longer. I had a baby, so decided I wanted to do what I could to stay around longer.

I mention this, not to pat myself on the back for beating my addiction, or to suggest my battle was as tough as someone addicted to heroine, opiates, etc, rather to back up my assertion with personal experience. I won't allow myself to try these dangerous, potentially addictive drugs because I know if I do, I could get addicted easier than most.

I made a choice because it's clear as day what can and does happen to people who get into some of these drugs, and I didn't want to risk going there.

Personal choice.

blacklistedbully
04-23-2016, 02:15 PM
I tell you what. Since this is such an important topic, I'm gonna share with this board something that embarrasses the hell out-of me regarding perhaps my worst weakness, knowing full well some Rebel troll will read this and make good use of it on other boards.

I've long battled what became an addiction to porn. I got onto it innocently enough, but found myself getting in so deep I was doing it during the work-week, so much so that it was impacting my productivity.

For me, it's still a constant battle. I pray about it, take my ADHD medication to help, but mostly pray like hell and try to imagine how much it would hurt my wife and my children if they found out.

But if I don't continue to manage the impulses, and lose my job or my family because of it, it will be MY OWN DAMNED FAULT, a result of my own poor choices, and I will consider myself a dumbass for ever letting it take over so much of my life.

I seen it dawg
04-23-2016, 02:19 PM
Lol nobody in this thread personally knew Prince. Great artist died young from an addiction. Move on without getting so damn worked up. Part of people's problem they want to get so worked up and create anger over something they have zero vested interest in. It's weak.

blacklistedbully
04-23-2016, 02:23 PM
Lol nobody in this thread personally knew Prince. Great artist died young from an addiction. Move on without getting so damn worked up. Part of people's problem they want to get so worked up and create anger over something they have zero vested interest in. It's weak.

I agree. Truly, if you look at my first 2 or 3 posts, before I got personally called out, I just don't see what I posted that warranted the reaction I got from some here.

TUSK
04-23-2016, 03:20 PM
I don't know "who's better than whom", or if addiction is really a disease; but I do know this:

Prince was an exceptional entertainer, songwriter and "artist", the likes of which are very, very few...

I met him once at The Dock in Jackson, MS. he agreed with me that the forward pass should be banned...******

smootness
04-23-2016, 03:41 PM

whose

sleepy dawg
04-23-2016, 05:49 PM
whose

Grammar is my weakness, but that's a better weaknesses are better than yours, so I'm better.**

sleepy dawg
04-23-2016, 05:56 PM
I'll try to take a look when I have time, but please don't make the mistake of thinking I have no experience with addiction. My dad was an alcoholic, and it ultimately contributed to his death, even though he was sober for years prior to his death. I have a sister who is a recovering drug and alcohol addict. I have a cousin who died from a drug OD.

Also don't make the mistake of thinking I don't have compassion for those fighting-the-good-fight against addiction. I've prayed plenty for people like that, and will continue to do so. What I stand by 100% is my assertion that anyone who becomes a drug addict is a dumbass. That doesn't mean they can't be smart people. To me, a dumbass is someone, smart-or-not, that does something really stupid.

Voluntarily taking drugs like that is a really stupid thing to do, given everyone knows the potential consequences. It's not like there aren't plenty of examples of people ruining their lives and possibly the lives of those around them or who care about them by getting involved with certain types of drugs.

My sympathy is more for the people he hurt because of his drug abuse. I have less of it for someone who dies because they decided to choose that path.

Earlier you said it was a weakness too though. Some folks are born weak. Others become weak, or have moments of weakness due to environmental reasons. Even others may become a user without even truly fully understanding the risks, or may believe they have the strength to control it.

It's proven those who are surrounded with loved ones are much less likely to turn to drugs, and those who don't have close loved ones are more susceptible to turn to drugs. I just don't see how you can say that makes you a dumbass.

BeardoMSU
04-23-2016, 05:59 PM
This was not what I had in mind when I created this thread, lol. Interesting discussion though.

sleepy dawg
04-23-2016, 06:00 PM
I tell you what. Since this is such an important topic, I'm gonna share with this board something that embarrasses the hell out-of me regarding perhaps my worst weakness, knowing full well some Rebel troll will read this and make good use of it on other boards.

I've long battled what became an addiction to porn. I got onto it innocently enough, but found myself getting in so deep I was doing it during the work-week, so much so that it was impacting my productivity.

For me, it's still a constant battle. I pray about it, take my ADHD medication to help, but mostly pray like hell and try to imagine how much it would hurt my wife and my children if they found out.

But if I don't continue to manage the impulses, and lose my job or my family because of it, it will be MY OWN DAMNED FAULT, a result of my own poor choices, and I will consider myself a dumbass for ever letting it take over so much of my life.

For what it's worth, I would not consider you a dumbass for that.

Mutt the Hoople
04-23-2016, 09:18 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/aug/08/jimi-hendrix-40th-anniversary-death
There was also curiosity from the emergent powerhouse of British blues: Cream and Eric Clapton. There was a particular night when Cream allowed Jimi to join them for a jam at the Regent Street Polytechnic in central London. Meeting Clapton had been among the enticements Chandler had used to lure Hendrix to Britain: ?Hendrix blew into a version of [Howlin? Wolf?s] ?Killing Floor?,? recalls Garland, ?and plays it at breakneck tempo, just like that ? it stopped you in your tracks.? Altham recalls Chandler going backstage after Clapton left in the middle of the song ?which he had yet to master himself?; Clapton was furiously puffing on a cigarette and telling Chas: ?You never told me he was that ****ing good.?