PDA

View Full Version : Keep this in mind about OM delaying their announcement

Coach34
04-21-2016, 06:27 PM
It's because they are in deep shit. They have extremely good legal counsel- and still couldn't get all their shit together in 90 days. ULL didn't need a delay and they had some major shit going on.

When Dick Cross admits multiple years of probation coming and David Johnson admitted the NCAA was STILL talking to former OM recruits- you know they are starting to realize they have been lied to.

9 over 3 my ass. IT'S COMING

BrunswickDawg
04-21-2016, 06:36 PM
https://blog-blogmediainc.netdna-ssl.com/upload/SportsBlogcom/4334001/0665653001443116839_filepicker.jpg

CadaverDawg
04-21-2016, 06:48 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9d/f8/ce/9df8cec8cff48684997b5caec584805f.jpg

DistrictDawg92
04-21-2016, 06:58 PM
https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1448732125ra/17181558.gif

DogsofAnarchy
04-21-2016, 06:58 PM
It's because they are in deep shit. They have extremely good legal counsel- and still couldn't get all their shit together in 90 days. ULL didn't need a delay and they had some major shit going on.

When Dick Cross admits multiple years of probation coming and David Johnson admitted the NCAA was STILL talking to former OM recruits- you know they are starting to realize they have been lied to.

9 over 3 my ass. IT'S COMING

You're exactly right my friend. We are going to have a "Jericho" moment with those terds before to long!!!

BrunswickDawg
04-21-2016, 07:33 PM
You're exactly right my friend. We are going to have a "Jericho" moment with those terds before to long!!!
https://media2.giphy.com/media/JL6doab4twzqo/200w.gif

Mjoelner34
04-21-2016, 07:36 PM
30 day extension = We're currently in negotiations with a booster or boosters over the $$$ amount it is going to take for them to fall on the sword and claim sole ownership of several violations while swearing the current staff had no knowledge of the event(s).

Coach34
04-21-2016, 07:39 PM
Multiple coaches given show causes
Multiple Boosters disassociated

and the NCAA is still digging

redstickdawg
04-21-2016, 07:45 PM
30 day extension = We're currently in negotiations with a booster or boosters over the $$$ amount it is going to take for them to fall on the sword and claim sole ownership of several violations while swearing the current staff had no knowledge of the event(s).

Is there a limit to the number of times that they can apply for a 30 day extension? I could see a lawyerly delay tactic coming where they keep this under wraps for a year or at least till the end of the coming FB season.

TrapGame
04-21-2016, 07:53 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/vs0rc.jpg

RocketDawg
04-21-2016, 07:53 PM
Is there a limit to the number of times that they can apply for a 30 day extension? I could see a lawyerly delay tactic coming where they keep this under wraps for a year or at least till the end of the coming FB season.

According to the Clarion Ledger article, there's only one delay allowed. So they'll have to submit their response in 30 days, around May 20. In the same article, Bjork said he would reveal all, if I read it correctly.

hailmari
04-21-2016, 08:19 PM
According to the Clarion Ledger article, there's only one delay allowed. So they'll have to submit their response in 30 days, around May 20. In the same article, Bjork said he would reveal all, if I read it correctly.

That'd be a hell of a birthday present for me.

AlSwearengen
04-21-2016, 08:28 PM
Multiple coaches given show causes
Multiple Boosters disassociated

and the NCAA is still digging

Coach, concerning the part about multiple coaches getting show causes, is this educated speculation on your part? Or is that "the word on the street" from people that would likely know?

Political Hack
04-21-2016, 08:50 PM
Deadwood, in response to your question for C34, its people who would actually know.

They could be delaying because of the financial hit too. I think that may be the major driver.

Dawgowar
04-21-2016, 08:50 PM

They can delay one time with the assumption they are going to finish negotiating the penalties. If they cannot come to an agreement then the Bears can opt for door number two and the infractions committee hearing. So, we go 30 days from today until May. The Hearing will be 90 days from May into August. If they get any extension on the hearing, then that drags it into the next season past any timeline a player can enroll elsewhere.

They ride the hired guns they have for a season hoping when penalties get read they don't do much damage. They negotiate something on par with ULL and then choose more discreet methods of recruitment.

That's what the cynical side of me thinks.

In reality - we may very well be seeing a group of people realizing they have been caught dead to rights at really bad time in history.

If the rumors coming out of North Carolina are true that the NCAA is not too enthusiastic about hurting both UNC and Louisville basketball then UNM is screwed. The old guard BBALL teams will go ballistic if UNC is not punished hard. Clem Haskins had far less residue on him when Minnesota went down in 99 and he got a 7 year show cause long before ether new rule existed. Minnesota had far less basketball staff involvement in its academic scandal than UNC.

I have no idea what they may or may not do with Louisville just that they are not being too aggressive given the self-imposed ban the Cardinals took this season.

If the NCAA saves UNC they have to hammer an SEC football school - and that is best done before they FINALLY finish the UNC case. If they give a pass to UNC then announce on Ole Miss it will look weak. (They also have to find a way to let Louisville bury their ****-a-thon team meetings) So what works? Hammer TSUN. They placate all the SEC haters. They establish they are back in the compliance business and that Academic infractions will be handled aggressively. And remember, they downgraded all of UNC's use of nonexistent courses from Academic Fraud to INDUCEMENT, yet UNM's charges remain Academic fraud over how many coaching staffs?

UNM will start rumors to go with why they have extended - the SEC is helping them refute these attacks, they are cooperating in nailing all their conference rivals, or their proposals to curb booster involvement is so innovative the NCAA may not penalize them but actually apologize for inconveniencing the Bears with this pesky investigation.

Common sense says they are getting cooked to well done and now realize it.

My hope is UNC, TSUN, and Louisville all go down hard.

turkish
04-21-2016, 08:58 PM
NCAA will sacrifice basketball before football.

Dawgowar
04-21-2016, 09:02 PM

They will let Roy Williams and Rick Pitino save face if they can.

msstate7
04-21-2016, 09:06 PM

Om football isn't on the level of unc and Louisville basketball. Remember there's been rumors of bama, Michigan, Georgia, etc turning om in... Those are blueblood football programs

AlmostPositive
04-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Roy Williams is a sanctimonious turd who went out of his way to smear MSU as a racist swamp. UNC basketball richly deserves the death penalty, but if the NCAA transfers most of their ire over their fraudulent academics to North Mississippi, I will not be at all displeased about it.

Dawgowar
04-21-2016, 09:30 PM
Om football isn't on the level of unc and Louisville basketball. Remember there's been rumors of bama, Michigan, Georgia, etc turning om in... Those are blueblood football programs

Totally agree as will the NCAA, but the optics to the public are of a SEC team being put in its place. And all the while they make their football big boys happy.

Mjoelner34
04-21-2016, 09:44 PM
I heard Dick Cross mention on the radio that the cause of the extension could be Saunders or Chris Vaughn. Sorry Dickie. Very unlikely. I'm sure Saunders has already had his round with the NCAA since UNM people were included in the NCAA interviews with him and Vaughn wasn't let go by Texas until Feb. 11th which is probably the date he received his letter meaning that sometime around May 11th would be his deadline. This extension, if not by the university itself, like Bdork stated, is either by a powerful booster with very close ties or one of their current coaches that hired their own council who got their letter at the same time as UNM.

AlmostPositive
04-21-2016, 09:52 PM
Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, other than transparently bogus nothing-to-see-here noises from Ole Miss and their media lackeys indicates that the Bears are going to get brutalized. Right about now you figure they would sell their Middle School daughters into sex slavery to get off with nine over three.

Coach34
04-21-2016, 09:59 PM
9 for 3 is a lot more likely than 9 over 3

AlSwearengen
04-21-2016, 10:32 PM
We know about the academic fraud and benefits, but has anyone heard if they might be tied to high dollar hookers from Memphis?

Coach34
04-21-2016, 10:43 PM
Coach, concerning the part about multiple coaches getting show causes, is this educated speculation on your part? Or is that "the word on the street" from people that would likely know?

Saunders has an announced show-cause
Vaughn is getting one too
Word is they won't be the last

Multiple boosters being disassociated.
Former recruits still being interviewed by the NCAA
Rebel homer radio host finally admitting multiple years of probation coming

Nothing about any of that says "9 over 3"- you would have to be an idiot to believe that

starkvegasdawg
04-21-2016, 11:17 PM
This may have been mentioned as I just scanned The posts, but it strikes me as odd they need 120 days to respond to a couple allegations on women's basketball and track and a few secondary violations that happened back during the Vaught era in football. 90 days just wouldn't cut it on these minor technicalities like butt dialing a recruit with s smart phone. So they're either lying about the severity of the allegations or they have the most incompetent legal and compliance department this side of the equator. I'll let the Bears that read every word here twice decide which it is and frame their talking points accordingly.

Coach34
04-21-2016, 11:26 PM
Notice Bdork always says "MOST of the allegations are academic fraud and Tonsil". Most isn't "all". There is more.

And the NCAA keeps finding more

gravedigger
04-22-2016, 12:51 AM

A 31 year graduation gift for me.

Boodawg
04-22-2016, 07:09 AM
All of this just puts a big smile on my face. Hell i'm smiling now. If it's as bad as it seems I'll be smiling for some time to come.

Sienfield
04-22-2016, 07:17 AM
Billy Humphries has bridled enthusiasm over this!

Bucky Dog
04-22-2016, 07:23 AM
According to the C-L this morning, this is still really all about women's basketball bringing the NCAA to campus and finding a few things involving football. It amazes me how they are still trying to diminish the impending shit storm, claiming it was Saunders and Vaughn, with a little bit of Tunsil thrown in for good measure! Then the investigation on campus was also more about the track team as well. Give me a break!

Dawgface
04-22-2016, 07:24 AM
I would laugh my ass off if Freeze gets a show cause. That would be icing on the cake if they get hammered every other way possible.

bulldogcountry1
04-22-2016, 07:33 AM
They can delay one time with the assumption they are going to finish negotiating the penalties. If they cannot come to an agreement then the Bears can opt for door number two and the infractions committee hearing. So, we go 30 days from today until May. The Hearing will be 90 days from May into August. If they get any extension on the hearing, then that drags it into the next season past any timeline a player can enroll elsewhere.

I am sure I am missing something, but, if they negotiating penalties, then how does that work with the assumption that "more is coming"? If the investigation is still ongoing, then why doesn't the NCAA wait until they are finished and present all their findings/penalties at once?

starkvegasdawg
04-22-2016, 07:49 AM
According to the C-L this morning, this is still really all about women's basketball bringing the NCAA to campus and finding a few things involving football. It amazes me how they are still trying to diminish the impending shit storm, claiming it was Saunders and Vaughn, with a little bit of Tunsil thrown in for good measure! Then the investigation on campus was also more about the track team as well. Give me a break!

Because we all know the NCAA spends 3 years and counting on campus to investigate every nuance of the track and field team.

Jarius
04-22-2016, 07:54 AM
Notice Bdork always says "MOST of the allegations are academic fraud and Tonsil". Most isn't "all". There is more.

And the NCAA keeps finding more

I would imagine "most of the allegations are academic fraud and Tunsil" is very similar to the way "most of the violations were track and wbb". Yea, he didn't lie, but he painted it in a light that only an ole miss homer would paint it. Anyone that thinks an extension by anyone for anyone reason is a good thing for Ole Miss is an absolute idiot.

Bubb Rubb
04-22-2016, 07:54 AM

We already know of two - one out of the ULL investigation, and one because Texas fired the guy. Two more (current) coaches have lawyered up - so it's more than just speculation.

Jarius
04-22-2016, 08:04 AM
We already know of two - one out of the ULL investigation, and one because Texas fired the guy. Two more (current) coaches have lawyered up - so it's more than just speculation.

Not to mention multiple boosters are about to get disassociated.

Political Hack
04-22-2016, 08:28 AM

Lmao. Not even close. 80% of their money comes from the NCAA basketball tournament.

BiscuitEater
04-22-2016, 08:45 AM

Correction. NCAA

"Basically, March Madness is the NCAA?s bread and butter. College athletics? governing body will earn somewhere around $900 million in revenue from the tournament, representing about 90% of its annual revenue.

Read more: How Much Does the NCAA Make off March Madness? | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/031516/how-much-does-ncaa-make-march-madness.asp#ixzz46Yw4SDsQ
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Dawgbite
04-22-2016, 08:45 AM

Mine too!

TrapGame
04-22-2016, 08:46 AM

The CL is Pravda and OM is the Kremlin.

turkish
04-22-2016, 08:50 AM
Lmao. Not even close. 80% of their money comes from the NCAA basketball tournament.
Fair point. But that has nothing to do with what happens or doesn't happen to UNM.

MSUDawg99
04-22-2016, 10:12 AM

yeah they're splitting hairs & getting technical. So it was 15 women's bb penalties & 13 fb (or whatever the num's were). Yeah 15 is more than 13 but geezus that's splitting hairs & spinning the narrative.

MSUDawg99
04-22-2016, 10:13 AM
I would laugh my ass off if Freeze gets a show cause. That would be icing on the cake if they get hammered every other way possible.

I don't know that Bucky will get a show cause

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-22-2016, 10:54 AM
I hope we meet them in the NCAA tourney one day and wipe the floor with them..

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-22-2016, 10:55 AM
I just can't wait for the 30 for 30....:cool:

Dawgowar
04-22-2016, 10:56 AM
I am sure I am missing something, but, if they negotiating penalties, then how does that work with the assumption that "more is coming"? If the investigation is still ongoing, then why doesn't the NCAA wait until they are finished and present all their findings/penalties at once?

Reports/rumors are that The early charges and the ones added early to that list are being settled. The additional ones now being discovered are going to presumably be added later. This was done due to time limits on the first batch and lessons learned with the Miami and UNC investigations which drug on for years.

Political Hack
04-22-2016, 10:59 AM
Fair point. But that has nothing to do with what happens or doesn't happen to UNM.

True. I think the NCAA's only motivation is remaining relevant politically and money. Killing UNC and Louisville hurts their pocket book. It would be like taking Kentucky out of the big dance. You essentially kill an entire regional's fanbase with one post-season ban. Can't do that!

BulldogBear
04-22-2016, 11:04 AM

So.....you're telling me the C-L has acknowledged there is in fact an investigation????? ************* Lord to goodlin'

BulldogBear
04-22-2016, 11:10 AM
True. I think the NCAA's only motivation is remaining relevant politically and money. Killing UNC and Louisville hurts their pocket book. It would be like taking Kentucky out of the big dance. You essentially kill an entire regional's fanbase with one post-season ban. Can't do that!

This is where the Beardsharks' delusions of grandeur may come back to bite them in the nutt. The NCAA has in Ole Miss a self proclaimed SEC "Big Boy." So they can have the appearance of having teeth by taking down an SEC Big Boy that actually isn't a Blue Bllood. Ole Miss as a Blue Blood is a fraud but the media blow job of the last three years will make it appear otherwise. So the NCAA gets to take down an SEC nobody that hasn't won anything in over half a century but crow like it took down Bama or LSU. They will then look like they have teeth and are still relevant.

AlmostPositive
04-22-2016, 11:20 AM
I distinctly remember the Bear beat writer parroting the line that "many" of the football charges were for previous staffs. "Many" meaning four out of thirteen. That's not journalism, that is advocacy. And if you haven't noticed, they don't do it for us.

MadDawg
04-22-2016, 12:08 PM
Also, please keep this in mind about the om investigation and this latest delay yet again - there is nothing keeping them from releasing the NOA. Nothing. At all. They could do it today. They could have done it last week. They could have done it three months ago. This latest "30 day delay" has absolutely nothing to do with their releasing the NOA.

shannondawg
04-22-2016, 12:32 PM
They might be on their road trip or whatever they call it, they were in West Point at Old Waverly earlier this week. Maybe they want to squeeze the last few dollars out before reckoning day.

Reason2succeed
04-22-2016, 01:45 PM
This is where the Beardsharks' delusions of grandeur may come back to bite them in the nutt. The NCAA has in Ole Miss a self proclaimed SEC "Big Boy." So they can have the appearance of having teeth by taking down an SEC Big Boy that actually isn't a Blue Bllood. Ole Miss as a Blue Blood is a fraud but the media blow job of the last three years will make it appear otherwise. So the NCAA gets to take down an SEC nobody that hasn't won anything in over half a century but crow like it took down Bama or LSU. They will then look like they have teeth and are still relevant.

Bingo! Boom! Exactly! The NCAA is going to stick their foot so far up OM's arse that their toes will tickle bear tonsils.

defiantdog
04-22-2016, 04:56 PM
This won't be settled until the end of the football season at the earliest. Expect this to be concluded in the first months of 2017.

chef dixon
04-22-2016, 04:58 PM
This won't be settled until the end of the football season at the earliest. Expect this to be concluded in the first months of 2017.

Which unfortunately means we would have to endure another ass whooping at their hands before they are officially proven fraud.

Political Hack
04-22-2016, 05:12 PM

And it does nothing to hurt the ncaa's pocket book but takes a huge hit out of the SEC's. It'll send a message to the SEC that this crap has to stop. Unfortunately for OM, they get to be the one tied to the whipping post.

GTHOM
04-22-2016, 06:17 PM
Which unfortunately means we would have to endure another ass whooping at their hands before they are officially proven fraud.

Cannot happen again

BB30
04-22-2016, 09:28 PM
Cannot happen again

Gosh I hope yall are right nothing would be sweeter then for them to go down in flames and not have any hardware to show for it. I just will have to see it to believe it. Surely with all of the smoke there will be a large fire. There is no doubt they have been more than tip toeing the line I just hope the ncaa actually hammers them. It is going to suck if nothing big happens and we will be made to look like fools. I do think the longer this drags out the more it will help us regardless of the outcome.

lastmajordog
04-23-2016, 07:32 AM
Coach 34, Is there ANYTHING in all this that will incriminate Dickie Scruggs and/or the former flagship leaders Robert K and Boone? It seems that would HAVE to come up somehow someway.....If not I guess they are brilliant for coming out clean.

msstatelp1
04-23-2016, 09:04 AM
Gosh I hope yall are right nothing would be sweeter then for them to go down in flames and not have any hardware to show for it. I just will have to see it to believe it. Surely with all of the smoke there will be a large fire. There is no doubt they have been more than tip toeing the line I just hope the ncaa actually hammers them. It is going to suck if nothing big happens and we will be made to look like fools. I do think the longer this drags out the more it will help us regardless of the outcome.

The NCAA can't afford to come out of this looking weak or like a bunch of idiots, ie, Miami investigation. If OM gets a slap on the wrist after all the time and money the NCAA has spent, then I believe it will be the end of the NCAA as a ruling body at least for football.

Dawgowar
04-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Coach 34, Is there ANYTHING in all this that will incriminate Dickie Scruggs and/or the former flagship leaders Robert K and Boone? It seems that would HAVE to come up somehow someway.....If not I guess they are brilliant for coming out clean.

I would wager that where possible, some older officials have lined up to be disassociated. Same for the boosters. This would allow UNM to hold to the 'previous regime' arguments and possibly avoid Freeze and his lieutenants from getting show cause penalties. As we get closer, I do believe significant penalties are going to happen but that network is already trying to maneuver itself into a new structure. They are too arrogant and too obsessed with protecting the plantation's cause to not continue the march.

In a perfect world the NCAA drops the hammer for the first round plus the Tunsil period stuff. Then, during the ongoing investigation to 2015 and 2016 recruits they try something new and are caught. When that happens it will seal their fate.

The NCAA having worked up the Miami football investigation and dragging out the UNC situation is going to possibly make UNM a two or three time loser in this process. SMU took a reasonable penalty in round one - by the time the NCAA unearthed the continuing BS is was time for the gallows.

It's a slow cooker and UNM is only going to make it harder than it needs to be.

BrunswickDawg
04-23-2016, 09:33 AM
They are too arrogant and too obsessed with protecting the plantation's cause to not continue the march.
Confederates fighting to protect a Lost Cause? Who'd a thunk it??

Dawgowar
04-23-2016, 09:43 AM
Confederates fighting to protect a Lost Cause? Who'd a thunk it??

I have always thought they truly consider UNM football the second wave of the civil war or at least the ultimate tool to advance the confederacy. That whole place is an embarrassment.