PDA

View Full Version : Joe Morrow... Ocean springs Asst. Wide Receiver Coach?

DawgNamedScuba
04-21-2016, 03:52 PM
He just tweeted that, so Dan is making coaches to help him out later on down the road?

Tbonewannabe
04-21-2016, 03:53 PM
Glad he got something, he didn't live up to billing but he certainly gave the effort.

ShotgunDawg
04-21-2016, 04:00 PM
Dan also helped Nick Griffin get a job at Madison Central.

This is the benefit of in-state players staying in-state to play. IT HELPS YOU GET A JOB AFTER COLLEGE IN YOUR HOME STATE

thf24
04-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Glad he got something, he didn't live up to billing but he certainly gave the effort.

The billing was unfair. He got labeled a future superstar by the fans just because he was our first WR with some size in what seemed like forever. I think he actually overachieved when you take away the unrealistic expectations.

Glad he's found a path for staying in football.

Dallas_Dawg
04-21-2016, 04:08 PM
The billing was unfair. He got labeled a future superstar by the fans just because he was our first WR with some size in what seemed like forever. I think he actually overachieved when you take away the unrealistic expectations.

Glad he's found a path for staying in football.
Well, he was a 4 star and as highly rated as Moncrief if I remember correctly

thf24
04-21-2016, 04:14 PM
Well, he was a 4 star and as highly rated as Moncrief if I remember correctly

247 had him as a low 3-star. Auburn was his only decent out-of-state offer.

deltadawg99
04-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Joe was a solid player, but he was the first "big time" WR that we had signed in a while. He was very highly rated by scout and had some good offers.

He had the size and gave great effort, but he just wasn't consistent.

thedawg
04-21-2016, 04:30 PM
I will agree he didn't live up to his ranking but he was quietly good his last two years.. The problem was we had kind of recruited past him with some big time talent at his position but he certainly added to his position group his fourth and fifth year..

Jack Lambert
04-21-2016, 04:42 PM
Dan also helped Nick Griffin get a job at Madison Central.

This is the benefit of in-state players staying in-state to play. IT HELPS YOU GET A JOB AFTER COLLEGE IN YOUR HOME STATE

Wasn't Nick Griffin at Pro Day this year?

Johnson85
04-21-2016, 05:19 PM
I will agree he didn't live up to his ranking but he was quietly good his last two years.. The problem was we had kind of recruited past him with some big time talent at his position but he certainly added to his position group his fourth and fifth year..

I would have killed for 4th and 5th year Joe Morrow for most of my time as a state fan. Some of the later Sherril years and all of the Crooms years are pretty hazy so I'm probably forgetting somebody, but off hand, I can't think of a better outside wide receiver from Kelvin Love up until Bear and Ross got here.

Considering how much he improved over his time at State, seems like he should be pretty good at player development as a coach.

War Machine Dawg
04-21-2016, 07:32 PM
I would have killed for 4th and 5th year Joe Morrow for most of my time as a state fan. Some of the later Sherril years and all of the Crooms years are pretty hazy so I'm probably forgetting somebody, but off hand, I can't think of a better outside wide receiver from Kelvin Love up until Bear and Ross got here.

Considering how much he improved over his time at State, seems like he should be pretty good at player development as a coach.

Brandon McRae and Tony Burks were big time. Justin Jenkins ring any bells?

coastdoglover
04-21-2016, 07:49 PM
Won't hurt having him around Williams who is a big time recruit for us

somebodyshotmypaw
04-21-2016, 08:36 PM
Wasn't Nick Griffin at Pro Day this year?

He was there. Hurdling the rails.

SDDawg
04-22-2016, 08:19 AM
He was there. Hurdling the rails.

Hahahaha, runnin' that "rail route"! I liked how Gruden gave Dak some shit about that, funny as hell.

Bothrops
04-22-2016, 10:23 AM
247 had him as a low 3-star. Auburn was his only decent out-of-state offer.

Arkansas recruited Morrow pretty hard. Petrino's staff.

Johnson85
04-22-2016, 10:51 AM
Brandon McRae and Tony Burks were big time. Justin Jenkins ring any bells?

BMac yes I remember being good even though we had trouble getting the ball to him. Tony Burkes I remember being hyped but don't remember any production. Could be misremembering or maybe it was simply we didn't have a qb and online togove him a chance.

I remember Justine Jenkins but was thinking he was here earlier.

Tbonewannabe
04-22-2016, 01:11 PM
BMac yes I remember being good even though we had trouble getting the ball to him. Tony Burkes I remember being hyped but don't remember any production. Could be misremembering or maybe it was simply we didn't have a qb and online togove him a chance.

I remember Justine Jenkins but was thinking he was here earlier.

Justin Jenkins was Fant's go to receiver. He also had a couple of years in the NFL. Tony Burks suffered due to Croom's excellent QB development. He was pretty good but didn't have much of a chance to get the ball.

War Machine Dawg
04-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Justin Jenkins was Fant's go to receiver. He also had a couple of years in the NFL. Tony Burks suffered due to Croom's excellent QB development. He was pretty good but didn't have much of a chance to get the ball.

This. Burks managed to put up decent numbers, but he could've been so much more.

Reason2succeed
04-22-2016, 04:23 PM
OM may control the media by producing journalist who are trained and indoctrinated in spin tactics but State is pumping out coaches who will give us an inside track on recruits for decades to come.