PDA

View Full Version : OM Announcement???

BrunswickDawg
04-21-2016, 03:11 PM
From Parrish Alford on Twitter: #OleMiss AD Ross Bjork says school will "let everybody know where things stand" with its response to NCAA later today. @DJournalnow

I imagine this will be a big ole "nothing to see here" announcement of a 90 day extension request???

RealHastings
04-21-2016, 03:12 PM
IT's coming

BeardoMSU
04-21-2016, 03:14 PM
IT's coming

Doubt it.

jumbo
04-21-2016, 03:18 PM
Not expecting much but maybe Bjork will finally admit they are under investigation.

BeastMan
04-21-2016, 03:21 PM
From Parrish Alford on Twitter: #OleMiss AD Ross Bjork says school will "let everybody know where things stand

http://i.imgur.com/mwn1V.gif

mic
04-21-2016, 03:22 PM
From Parrish Alford on Twitter: #OleMiss AD Ross Bjork says school will "let everybody know where things stand" with its response to NCAA later today. @DJournalnow

I imagine this will be a big ole "nothing to see here" announcement of a 90 day extension request???

Where they stand with what?? Thought the investigation was over months ago...

MSUDawg99
04-21-2016, 03:23 PM
Yeah I doubt they release anything damning. If anything, they announce they requested an extension. But if they request an extension they'll get backlash from media that they've told for so long "that it's no big deal, nothing damning".

Bjork's prob isn't admitting there's an investigation. It's admitting that it's over, when it isn't.

MSUDawg99
04-21-2016, 03:24 PM
Where they stand with what?? Thought the investigation was over months ago...

Not hardly, unless you're being sarcastic.

starkvegasdawg
04-21-2016, 03:28 PM
He'll come out and say the NCAA has realized that all their charges in the initial NOA have been demonstrably proven false and they are now investigating those that put those charges forth and they all really enjoyed their time on the beautiful campus of OM and look forward to tailgating in the grove this fall.

Boodawg
04-21-2016, 03:33 PM
Yeah I doubt they release anything damning. If anything, they announce they requested an extension. But if they request an extension they'll get backlash from media that they've told for so long "that it's no big deal, nothing damning".

Bjork's prob isn't admitting there's an investigation. It's admitting that it's over, when it isn't.

Ha, ha, ha, LOL. You really think they will get backlash from the media?? They beat all I have ever seen when it comes to media being on their side.

MadDawg
04-21-2016, 03:34 PM
Don't get your hopes up. They will never willingly offer any information that is even remotely damaging. Some of it will eventually get leaked - to an out-of-state newspaper.

Johnson85
04-21-2016, 03:37 PM

I'm guessing it will be more along the lines of, "UM completed and submitted its response today and while there have been a few violations for which UM has already voluntarily sanctioned itself, it is confident that their athletic department operates in the right way and that the resolution of the NCAA's allegations will bear this out."

Then, in 10 days, after people have filed FOIA requests, they will say something along the lines of "The response to the NOA was handled by UM's outside counsel and UM does not possess the response or any documents or records used to prepare such response."

CadaverDawg
04-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Bjork will say they've cooperated fully, that the majority of the investigation is about Women's hoops and Track, and that they are finalizing things with the NCAA.

I am 150% sure that his response will leave OM fans some talking points, but if Bjork admits an ongoing investigation And/Or doesn't release the full response.....that will discredit him and will show that there is WAY more to this than he and their camp mislead people with early on.

MSUDawg99
04-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Ha, ha, ha, LOL. You really think they will get backlash from the media?? They beat all I have ever seen when it comes to media being on their side.

Uhhh Dan Wolken will give them shit & was it Gary Parrish or someone else who wrote the story somewhat recently of the investigation? Other than that, yeah you're right, most media have been sucked into their circle cause $$$ talks. Curious what Finebaum might say too though. He felt a little slighted (or pretended to be) after he was told differing stories on the investigation...when it turned out that almost as many of the allegations were on fb as women's bb.

And would love to be a fly on the wall with Riley Blevins thoughts when it all comes out too.

CadaverDawg
04-21-2016, 03:41 PM
I'm guessing it will be more along the lines of, "UM completed and submitted its response today and while there have been a few violations for which UM has already voluntarily sanctioned itself, it is confident that their athletic department operates in the right way and that the resolution of the NCAA's allegations will bear this out."

Then, in 10 days, after people have filed FOIA requests, they will say something along the lines of "The response to the NOA was handled by UM's outside counsel and UM does not possess the response or any documents or records used to prepare such response."

Yep, that first paragraph might be word for word. And their fans will claim victory, while nothing is truly being told.

TrapGame
04-21-2016, 03:44 PM
I'm waiting with baited breath to hear these things. I'm sure everything will be cleared up once his B-dorkness takes the podium.

Mjoelner34
04-21-2016, 03:47 PM
So, which of these will he say? Or, will he say all 4?

1. The investigation is over
2. The more serious football infractions were from previous administrations and the NCAA has already agreed to the self-imposed penalties and feel that no other punishment is needed.
3. Most if not all of the infractions by the current football staff are very minor and are secondary in nature and the only reason a big deal was made about them was because of the ongoing investigation into the previous administration.
4. We take compliance very seriously.

RocketDawg
04-21-2016, 04:02 PM
He might detail the sanctions against women's basketball and track, and not even mention FB unless it's to say self-induced sanctions have been submitted to the NCAA.

MSUDawg99
04-21-2016, 04:11 PM
Per Daniel Pauling's Twitter-------

"Ole Miss' response to NOA delayed 30 days because of another party requesting delay, per Ross Bjork. Story coming to @clarionledger."

1) uh huh. K! :-/
2) And to hell with linking that CL article. Not goin to.

NYDawg
04-21-2016, 04:14 PM
"another party" = Ole Miss outside counsel

chef dixon
04-21-2016, 04:17 PM
It is abundantly clear that this is not minor or Ole Miss would have put this to bed by now.

Dawgology
04-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Per Daniel Pauling's Twitter-------

"Ole Miss' response to NOA delayed 30 days because of another party requesting delay, per Ross Bjork. Story coming to @clarionledger."

1) uh huh. K! :-/
2) And to hell with linking that CL article. Not goin to.

That "other" party is their out of state legal counsel.

Dawgology
04-21-2016, 04:18 PM

Ha same thought at the same time

SignalToNoise
04-21-2016, 04:20 PM
How predictable.

Just as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

chef dixon
04-21-2016, 04:26 PM
Ole Miss reporting "one of the other parties in the NOA" is requesting the delay, not Ole Miss. Not Ole Miss' fault. What a perfect Ole Miss response. What's even better is Ole Miss fans won't be able to comprehend how stupid this sounds.

MSUDawg99
04-21-2016, 04:26 PM

Or per Steve, that any party charged in the NOA can request an extension to prepare a response

I_Spy
04-21-2016, 04:28 PM
Ole Miss will become the most hated school because nobody can respect them. The NCAA will always be there, that gets tiresome, and eventually the people all over the conference will hate them etc. snowballs into now they learn about ole miss, gaining more hate. History repeats. First lesson in history to the last.

I_Spy
04-21-2016, 04:29 PM
The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over yet expecting a different result. You know the ending. Don't be a fool.

I_Spy
04-21-2016, 04:30 PM
Or Hugh isn't changing the narrative anytime that NCAA is present. Don't be FOS

chef dixon
04-21-2016, 04:32 PM
Its kind of like delaying going to get your colonoscopy. You know you need to do it, but you use any excuse people will buy until you absolutely have to. Now Bjork and Freeze can relax for another 30 days.

NYDawg
04-21-2016, 04:39 PM
Ha same thought at the same time

Ha. For that matter, Hugh Freeze or Dickie Scruggs (just an example of a known booster...I know nothing of his involvement in anything) would also qualify as "another party." Now the message from the Bjork teet feeders will be "Golly, we really want to tell our story, but this other party made us wait another month to clear our name!" Transparent crisis PR for the OM masses, the gullible and the just plain stupid.

MadDawg
04-21-2016, 04:40 PM
Waiting for some legal expert to tell us this isn't how the FOIA works. ***

Jack Lambert
04-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Ole Miss reporting "one of the other parties in the NOA" is requesting the delay, not Ole Miss. Not Ole Miss' fault. What a perfect Ole Miss response. What's even better is Ole Miss fans won't be able to comprehend how stupid this sounds.

Who would it be? We know Freeze and Nix got lawyers a few weeks ago. I think it is one of them.

I_Spy
04-21-2016, 04:52 PM
I'm not afraid to speak my opinion, so here it goes.. If I was a player, who perhaps did some underhanded dealings with OM, because Freeze has concocted a story of, it's just his genius, he knows how to do all this, he's better than Saban, just not Brett, I would think he was FOS if I had taken anything. So why would I risk, my life, limb, future on a complete FOS type person? You can say irregular recruiting is everywhere but those coaches are not beefing up their own reputation with their words.

BossDawg
04-21-2016, 04:56 PM
It is abundantly clear that this is not minor or Ole Miss would have put this to bed by now.

Ding, ding ding!!! It has to be some pretty deep stuff, otherwise, like you say, this would all be over with. Instead they are acting like someone facing life in prison. They keep ducking, dodging and dragging things out trying to negotiate with the other side for as much leniency as they can get.

NYDawg
04-21-2016, 04:58 PM
All snarky jokes aside, the OM fanboys know no more than anyone else about who requested an extension or why. The OMAD has been parsing its words carefully throughout this whole process, so it's hardly surprising that the manner in which they say things is being picked over, at least by people who don't work at the C-L.

Goldendawg
04-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Richard Cross was asked and actually answered the question on HTH this afternoon approx. 4:25 PM, that he thought UM would go on probation for several years, lose scholarships spread over those years, and be under the microscope from that point forward. Agreed with Matt that the most serious part was potential academic fraud if they too were involved in it. Said that he however knew no more that anyone else. Was a little refreshing for him to give this opinion.

Jack Lambert
04-21-2016, 05:21 PM

This is now going to drag out until August 1st. I personally glad they are dragging it out. They are sucking at recruiting and you know it has to do with the NOA. Other coaches from other schools are scaring the hell out of recruits with it. I hope Mullen and crew are hammering them.

Dawgbite
04-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Isn't this their big recruiting weekend? A coincidence, I think not.

Really Clark?
04-21-2016, 05:34 PM
It could be anyone who received a NOA besides the university. Current staff member, Vaughn, Saunders (highly doubt since he has already been sanctioned)

Bully13
04-21-2016, 05:37 PM
Does this CL headline actually say "NCAA delays investigation "?

Reason2succeed
04-21-2016, 05:44 PM
They are probably just waiting until next week to do it on the weekend after the NFL Draft so that the news is overshadowed by much more football news.

Liverpooldawg
04-21-2016, 05:44 PM
Did y'all expect anything else? When 30 days is up someone else will request a delay. This will take as long as they can drag it out. It's obviously very bad or they would have leaked something by now to put it to bed. Don't think for a second that one of their pets in Mississippi wouldn't have published an inside source article by now if there was nothing to it.

mic
04-21-2016, 05:48 PM
I don't mind this... Keep that dark black cloud over the program....
Over time it's going to start to weigh on the staff and the program...

Dawgowar
04-21-2016, 05:58 PM
Over time it's going to start to weigh on the staff and the program...

Already is. No recruiting news. They are having to use indirect messaging to spread their "nothing to see here" propaganda. They are like a WWII sub running silent while the battleship above starts dropping depth charges. Sooner or later their hull is going to be breached.

Mjoelner34
04-21-2016, 06:05 PM
Is it against the rules for UNM to release a redacted reply? If not, why didn't they release their part and redact the part(s) for the party that requested the extension? I mean Bjork has been shouting from the mountain tops that UNM can't wait to tell their story and clear their name to show how 'transparent' they are.

spbdawg
04-21-2016, 06:06 PM
#

Dawgowar
04-21-2016, 06:11 PM
The only party in the TSUN NOA are Bear players, boosters, coaches, and staff. Parents in this sense are as much a part of the program as boosters. There are no outsiders

RocketDawg
04-21-2016, 07:25 PM
Did y'all expect anything else? When 30 days is up someone else will request a delay. This will take as long as they can drag it out. It's obviously very bad or they would have leaked something by now to put it to bed. Don't think for a second that one of their pets in Mississippi wouldn't have published an inside source article by now if there was nothing to it.

According to the article, only one request for delay is allowed. So it'll be released at the end of the 30-day period. Of course, it could take months after that with the hearing, then the NCAA deciding what to do.

Political Hack
04-21-2016, 08:39 PM
Yeah. Murmurs are that things aren't looking up for the rebels.

Political Hack
04-21-2016, 08:44 PM
According to the article, only one request for delay is allowed. So it'll be released at the end of the 30-day period. Of course, it could take months after that with the hearing, then the NCAA deciding what to do.

The only logical reason to delay this is the hit in money that'll come with it. It's going to be bad. Post season ban and donations alone will be killer, but it could be a lot worse if they're not prepared to weather the storm. Tennessee is going through it now and will luckily catch up because of the SEC money; but what happens if a team gets a TV ban? Bowl ban? Can they split revenue?

Delaying things for money purposes is the only thing that makes sense. There's no "time served" for delaying and dragging it out can't be better for the program than just ripping the band aid off and getting on with it. Leads me to think they're going to challenge it or they're just delaying because they're expecting a huge financial hit.

Dawgowar
04-21-2016, 09:00 PM
The only logical reason to delay this is the hit in money that'll come with it. It's going to be bad. Post season ban and donations alone will be killer, but it could be a lot worse if they're not prepared to weather the storm. Tennessee is going through it now and will luckily catch up because of the SEC money; but what happens if a team gets a TV ban? Bowl ban? Can they split revenue?

Delaying things for money purposes is the only thing that makes sense. There's no "time served" for delaying and dragging it out can't be better for the program than just ripping the band aid off and getting on with it. Leads me to think they're going to challenge it or they're just delaying because they're expecting a huge financial hit.

Or the sources of donations not liking the idea of taking the fall and never having their beloved Grove and VH as a personal playground again.

DancingRabbit
04-21-2016, 09:01 PM

Delaying the financial hit for 30 days doesn't make much difference. I think they're still working on some aspect of their defense. The delay may actually not be of OM's doing, but I'm suspicious that they're behind it.

It does make it look like they are facing major sanctions and they're doing everything they can do to improve their case before it all comes to a head.

shannondawg
04-21-2016, 11:01 PM
Just let postpone long as they want, the rumors hurt as much as the actual penalties as far as recruiting goes. Jackie's problems were a prime example of that.

I wonder how wonder boy Patterson feels about his decision now? AJ certainly peed in the whiskey thats for sure.

I can just see ole Arch's wounded look, as he says how shocked and embarrassed he is that this all came about and had no idea that this was going on.

sandwolf
04-21-2016, 11:08 PM
Does this CL headline actually say "NCAA delays investigation "?

Haha, that was the first thing I noticed when I clicked on the article earlier today. Unreal.

They must have caught some shit about it because they have changed it to read, "Next Step in Ole Miss' NCAA Process Delayed".

Schultzy
04-22-2016, 02:53 AM

It seems I remember in the past that one form of punishment doled out for programs on probation was that they were denied their annual check from the conference for one cycle. Do you remember this being a sanction in the past?

Archidawg
04-22-2016, 04:24 AM
Could it be that OM is trying to drag this out long enough to get the 2016 signees on campus so that they are less likely to deflect to another school (assuming NCAA will give them immunity to transfer without 1 year penalty)?

AROB44
04-22-2016, 05:51 AM
It seems I remember in the past that one form of punishment doled out for programs on probation was that they were denied their annual check from the conference for one cycle. Do you remember this being a sanction in the past?

I remember this as well. Don't know if it still applies, however.

MedDawg
04-22-2016, 07:54 AM

I remember this as well. Don't know if it still applies, however.

In State's last probation, the SEC held out 1 or 2 years' TV money and gave half of it back aftyer 4 years since we didn't get in trouble again. I think they held back $4 million and gave back $2 million.

RocketDawg
04-22-2016, 08:17 AM
In State's last probation, the SEC held out 1 or 2 years' TV money and gave half of it back aftyer 4 years since we didn't get in trouble again. I think they held back $4 million and gave back $2 million.

Were our violations as serious as what many seem to think that OM's are? I doubt it. I don't even remember what ours were.

Jarius
04-22-2016, 08:41 AM
Were our violations as serious as what many seem to think that OM's are? I doubt it. I don't even remember what ours were.

Pretty sure we got 5 schollies a year with a year or 2 bowl ban and they didn't find much of anything on us. They knew we were cheating but couldn't prove anything. They spent 3 years here and were not going to leave empty handed. There is already public knowledge of things that Ole Miss has admitted to that are worse than what we got a bowl ban and a bunch of scholarships taken for and these morons think they are going to skate. The thing is, they are probably going to get something of a USC level and still put their head in the sand and say "it's not that bad". They live in complete denial.

mic
04-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Pretty sure we got 5 schollies a year with a year or 2 bowl ban and they didn't find much of anything on us. They knew we were cheating but couldn't prove anything. They spent 3 years here and were not going to leave empty handed. There is already public knowledge of things that Ole Miss has admitted to that are worse than what we got a bowl ban and a bunch of scholarships taken for and these morons think they are going to skate. The thing is, they are probably going to get something of a USC level and still put their head in the sand and say "it's not that bad". They live in complete denial.

USC level would take them 5 years to recover after the sanctions are over...

spbdawg
04-22-2016, 09:38 AM
#

Homedawg
04-22-2016, 10:57 AM
Just let postpone long as they want, the rumors hurt as much as the actual penalties as far as recruiting goes. Jackie's problems were a prime example of that.

I wonder how wonder boy Patterson feels about his decision now? AJ certainly peed in the whiskey thats for sure.

I can just see ole Arch's wounded look, as he says how shocked and embarrassed he is that this all came about and had no idea that this was going on.

^this. The fear of the unknown hurts recruiting as much or more than the actual sanctions. Of course any major loss of scholarships is painful.

Political Hack
04-22-2016, 11:03 AM
Freezus will lie through those giant teeth without hesitation if it means getting a cruit! "Reeled one in!"

I don't think the pending sanctions hurt them this year at all because Freeze lied his ass off to kids. Not sure why that would change anytime between now and when sanctions are announced.

Homedawg
04-22-2016, 05:42 PM
Freezus will lie through those giant teeth without hesitation if it means getting a cruit! "Reeled one in!"

I don't think the pending sanctions hurt them this year at all because Freeze lied his ass off to kids. Not sure why that would change anytime between now and when sanctions are announced.

You can only lie so long. Yes he got away w it in February but if it's still going on he cant continue to do so. And the negative recruiting will be in full force, with teeth to it. Look at unc hoops, gotten killed in recruiting based on what "might happen.