PDA

View Full Version : Baseball America still has us hosting.

starkvegasdawg
04-20-2016, 01:16 PM
Paired with #8 national seed TCU.

Coach34
04-20-2016, 01:26 PM
It's gonna be touch and go weekly from here on out. We are literally fighting with LSU, Vandy, and SC for two spots most likely.

Taog Redloh
04-20-2016, 01:31 PM
It's gonna be touch and go weekly from here on out. We are literally fighting with LSU, Vandy, and SC for two spots most likely.

And Ole Miss. It's just silly to say otherwise at this point. They have an overall easy SEC schedule.

Taog Redloh
04-20-2016, 01:33 PM
Just gotta win. Schedule sets up nicely for it. TCU would be a good pairing because they normally pitch it well more than hit it well.

Need 35-19-1, 17-13 and maintain a Top 10 ranking at minimum. That's usually a hosting resume however it might depend on others.

bgover4
04-20-2016, 01:36 PM
If they have TCU as the 8 and we are paired with them wouldn't that mean we are the 9? If that's the case we could easily get that 8 spot with a little luck. Just gotta get back on a roll and make sure last weekend was a fluke.

Or ios it just the top 8 seeds and then they are paired by geography after that?

Mjoelner34
04-20-2016, 02:07 PM
If they have TCU as the 8 and we are paired with them wouldn't that mean we are the 9? If that's the case we could easily get that 8 spot with a little luck. Just gotta get back on a roll and make sure last weekend was a fluke.

Or ios it just the top 8 seeds and then they are paired by geography after that?

I don't know if they're paired by geography but I know that they do not seed the 9-16 teams. And, contrary to what a lot of people say, bid money still plays a part in the 9-16 seeds. With all things being equal, the $$$ will host.

bulldogcountry1
04-20-2016, 02:07 PM
I don't see much difference in us and UM. We have a slightly better resume at this point, but they have more wins. They also have a much tougher remaining schedule and will most likely end up with a higher RPI. It will probably come down to series wins and marquis wins.

AusTexDawg
04-20-2016, 03:13 PM
D1 Baseball also has us hosting. Listened to their podcast, and FWIW, they think we're a lock to host if we can win the LSU series since our schedule lightens up after that. Would much rather be paired with TCU than with Miami.

http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/road-omaha-field-64-april-20/

Jack Lambert
04-20-2016, 03:41 PM
And Ole Miss. It's just silly to say otherwise at this point. They have an overall easy SEC schedule.

I don't think Ole Miss will win the LSU, A&M and KY series. Ole miss might win the GA and Auburn series. Ole miss has not impressed me. Ole Miss could miss the SEC Tourney if they are not careful.

Tbonewannabe
04-20-2016, 03:44 PM
We just have to take care of business and not shit the bed. Win all our Non conference and win the majority of the series. We don't need to drop more than 1 series and hopefully we beat LSU in Red Stick.

Taog Redloh
04-20-2016, 04:07 PM
I don't think Ole Miss will win the LSU, A&M and KY series. Ole miss might win the GA and Auburn series. Ole miss has not impressed me. Ole Miss could miss the SEC Tourney if they are not careful.

I agree but the assholes keep winning.

I may be overly paranoid though, because I freely admit there aren't many sports-related things I hate more than Ole Miss baseball. I can handle the football bullshit but I despise anything to do with their baseball program.

Dawg496
04-20-2016, 05:27 PM
Didn't they just lose to Bama? I don't think they beat A&M and probably not one of UK/LSU and maybe neither.

Coach34
04-20-2016, 06:26 PM
yeah- OM hosting just isnt gonna happen

GreenheadDawg
04-20-2016, 06:29 PM
Didn't they just lose to Bama? I don't think they beat A&M and probably not one of UK/LSU and maybe neither.

Yeh they just lost the series to Bama. Besides their Friday night pitcher I'm not impressed with them. I just don't see them hosting

Jack Lambert
04-20-2016, 06:37 PM
Yeh they just lost the series to Bama. Besides their Friday night pitcher I'm not impressed with them. I just don't see them hosting

And we beat their firday pitcher.