PDA

View Full Version : The Eagles made Dak do a mock presser

Irondawg
04-20-2016, 12:45 PM
The Eagles put Mississippi State QB Dak Prescot through a mock press conference at his pre-draft visit.
"They wanted to get a feel for how I would represent the team. Obviously as a quarterback, you're going to be the face of an organization, so it was important to them to see how I would react to different questions. That was the most unique thing I've done (at a visit)," Prescott said. So, of course, Prescott received some fastballs from Philadelphia's brass, including a question about his March DUI charge. "They also threw in some football questions about plays they run, so it varied," Prescott said. "I think the idea was to see how I would handle myself in an unpredictable situation. When I was done, they said I did a really good job."

Tbonewannabe
04-20-2016, 12:47 PM
I don't think Dak gets out of the 2nd round. I hope he goes into a good situation.

MSUDawg99
04-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Of course he passed with flying colors! No surprise here.

MSUDawg99
04-20-2016, 12:48 PM
I don't think Dak gets out of the 2nd round. I hope he goes into a good situation.

DITTO. And I hope so too.

Big4Dawg
04-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Eagles just traded up for Pick 2. Will take whichever QB is left

MSUDawg99
04-20-2016, 01:15 PM
Ian Rapoport just tweeted out this "The #Eagles aren't trading Sam Bradford. Instead, they created a situation where their rookie QB doesn't have to play for a year (or two)."

Ifyouonlyknew
04-20-2016, 01:26 PM
The drafts starts with San Diego at #3 now

1. Jard Goff
2. Carson Wentz

Mjoelner34
04-20-2016, 01:27 PM
A co-worker from Buffalo and fellow Bills fan (yes, I'm a Bills fan) told me that he has been hearing from folks up there that Buffalo may go after a QB in round 1 and are potentially looking at Brandon Allen. No matter who they get, if they go QB, that'll only move Dak up even more. I'm really hoping they go OL or DL but expect them to go K or P in the first round based on some head scratching picks in previous years.

msstate7
04-20-2016, 01:28 PM

1. Jard Goff
2. Carson Wentz

It's crazy that those 2 guys are gonna go 1-2. They may surprise me, but I don't think either is worthy of being that high. Seems like teams would be paying attention to what Denver did this past year with average qb play

Ifyouonlyknew
04-20-2016, 01:39 PM
It's crazy that those 2 guys are gonna go 1-2. They may surprise me, but I don't think either is worthy of being that high. Seems like teams would be paying attention to what Denver did this past year with average qb play

Only problem is how many teams are going to have 2 pro bowl level 3-4 OLB like Ware & Von Miller to go along with 3 pro bowl level CB like Talib, Harris, & Roby. Not only are you getting after the QB you're blanketing WR.

Dallas_Dawg
04-20-2016, 01:46 PM
A co-worker from Buffalo and fellow Bills fan (yes, I'm a Bills fan) told me that he has been hearing from folks up there that Buffalo may go after a QB in round 1 and are potentially looking at Brandon Allen. No matter who they get, if they go QB, that'll only move Dak up even more. I'm really hoping they go OL or DL but expect them to go K or P in the first round based on some head scratching picks in previous years.

I'm also a Bills fan and I hope like hell we don't go Brandon Allen in round 1. We need defense defense and o-line help. Maybe a WR

msstate7
04-20-2016, 01:49 PM
Only problem is how many teams are going to have 2 pro bowl level 3-4 OLB like Ware & Von Miller to go along with 3 pro bowl level CB like Talib, Harris, & Roby. Not only are you getting after the QB you're blanketing WR.

Selling off a bunch of picks for good (not great) qb prospects won't magically make those qb's great.

Political Hack
04-20-2016, 02:30 PM

1. Jard Goff
2. Carson Wentz

I'd go in the other order, but it's certainly debatable.

Coach34
04-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Selling off a bunch of picks for good (not great) qb prospects won't magically make those qb's great.

Nobody has any idea yet how good these guys will be. Brady was a late round pick. Montana a 3rd rounder. Farvuhhh was late pick. Johnny Unitas was a free agent- there's 4 of your all-time top 10 QB's

MetEdDawg
04-20-2016, 03:14 PM
I question them moving up to #2 and giving up as much as they did for a kid that's going to warm the bench for a year or 2. They have some offensive and defensive holes they need to fill. Their secondary is horrible, they need more offensive playmakers, a better OL, and another LB

I would have sat where they were and either picked, or pull a Patriots and trade once or twice back in the 1st round a stockpile 2nd and 3rd round picks. Then get your QB this year round 2 or next year round 1. Only reason not to do that is you think Wentz is can't miss, which they apparently do.

Tbonewannabe
04-20-2016, 03:37 PM

I don't think I have seen any mention of Brandon Allen in Round 1. That would be as confusing as Denver trading up for Tebow. Lynch will probably be at the end of the first round and Cook probably late 1st or early 2nd. Penn St QB and Dak probably go mid to late 2nd and Allen probably in the 3rd.

Mjoelner34
04-20-2016, 03:41 PM
I don't think I have seen any mention of Brandon Allen in Round 1. That would be as confusing as Denver trading up for Tebow. Lynch will probably be at the end of the first round and Cook probably late 1st or early 2nd. Penn St QB and Dak probably go mid to late 2nd and Allen probably in the 3rd.

It is Buffalo so you never know. Like I said, I wouldn't be shocked if they went punter or kicker. I'll need a new tv if they do though.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-20-2016, 08:01 PM
Brady was a late round pick. Montana a 3rd rounder. Farvuhhh was late pick.

Favre was very early 2nd round. Maybe 33rd or 34th overall.

dickiedawg
04-21-2016, 08:01 AM
The new head coach was brought in as a supposed QB guru, so hopefully if he likes the kid that much he knows what he's doing. This is the kind of move that sets a franchise back years if it doesn't pan out.

hopefully we'll get our next McNabb.

Tbonewannabe
04-21-2016, 08:13 AM
The new head coach was brought in as a supposed QB guru, so hopefully if he likes the kid that much he knows what he's doing. This is the kind of move that sets a franchise back years if it doesn't pan out.

hopefully we'll get our next McNabb.

Hue Jackson at Cleveland is also the guy that developed Andy Dalton so they might like someone they can get in the 2nd or 3rd as much as Wentz or Goff. Cleveland needs so much that this move was probably the best possible decision.