PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Golfers....Adam Scott

Tough Dawg
04-20-2016, 10:18 AM
What's your take on his decision to not participate in the olympics? Personally I thinks it's the wrong decision. He'll have to answer questions about it all summer.

Makes him look a bit selfish.

mic
04-20-2016, 11:19 AM
What's your take on his decision to not participate in the olympics? Personally I thinks it's the wrong decision. He'll have to answer questions about it all summer.

Well he does have the biggest piece of shit caddie on tour....

AlSwearengen
04-20-2016, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't really want to go to brazil either. Yeah, booty, but there is a lot of shit that will kill you down there these days.

WPDawg
04-20-2016, 12:09 PM
If he is on your team, do you really want him there if he is not excited about being there? Doesn't seem selfish. This isnt just some general ceremony that someone expects you to be there. They are competing for a gold medal. To each his own.

It_Could_Happen
04-20-2016, 12:30 PM
People don't realize all the tournaments these guys have to play in strictly because of sponsor's. For example: Mickelson has to play phoenix every year even if he didn't want to. The guy probably just wants one weekend off. Wouldnt look to much into it. Some people really care about the olympics, others don't.

sleepy dawg
04-20-2016, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't play if I was him either. You have no responsibility to your country to compete in the Olympics.

Dawg61
04-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Brazil is a mess right now can you really blame him for not going?

sleepy dawg
04-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Brazil is a mess right now can you really blame him for not going?

This is very large understatement. The fact that pregnant women and women who may become pregnant have been advised to not travel to the country lets you know the severity. Throw in open sewers draining into water event venues and many other issues, and I wouldn't consider going and wouldn't blame anyone else for deciding the same... and none of this mentions the political issues and crime issues.

mic
04-20-2016, 03:44 PM
Who is more Corrupt...
Olympic comittee and officials
FIFA comittee and officials
UMiss football and the network

Tbonewannabe
04-20-2016, 03:45 PM
Who is more Corrupt...
Olympic comittee and officials
FIFA comittee and officials
UMiss football and the network

D. All of the Above.

Tbonewannabe
04-20-2016, 03:47 PM
This is very large understatement. The fact that pregnant women and women who may become pregnant have been advised to not travel to the country lets you know the severity. Throw in open sewers draining into water event venues and many other issues, and I wouldn't consider going and wouldn't blame anyone else for deciding the same... and none of this mentions the political issues and crime issues.

It is ridiculous that a 3rd world country is hosting the Olympics. Going down there you probably have a 50/50 shot at getting Hepatitis.

Jack Lambert
04-20-2016, 03:51 PM
Golf is an Olympic sport? Do you think golf a sport or a game? I have hacked up Fallen Oaks, The Preserve, Dancing Rabbit, Black Bear, Jackson Country Club, every other course in the Jackson area and The par three course at Trent Jones golf trail in Mobile. I suck at golf, I mean I am really horrible at it and don't care if I ever get good at it but I have played a lot courses through out the south. I am also proud to say that I have never had to pay for a round of golf in my life. In my opinion I don't think golf is a sport. I think It's a game and I suck at it.

RocketDawg
04-20-2016, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't play if I was him either. You have no responsibility to your country to compete in the Olympics.

You also don't get paid huge bucks if you win (presumably). I suppose the sponsors kick in a bunch, but so far as I know there is no purse.

It doesn't bother me that he doesn't want to go. I wish the Olympics was still amateur-only.

RocketDawg
04-20-2016, 05:00 PM
Golf is an Olympic sport? Do you think golf a sport or a game? I have hacked up Fallen Oaks, The Preserve, Dancing Rabbit, Black Bear, Jackson Country Club, every other course in the Jackson area and The par three course at Trent Jones golf trail in Mobile. I suck at golf, I mean I am really horrible at it and don't care if I ever get good at it but I have played a lot courses through out the south. I am also proud to say that I have never had to pay for a round of golf in my life. In my opinion I don't think golf is a sport. I think It's a game and I suck at it.

Don't sports generally consist of games? FB, baseball, basketball, etc. It's a lot more of a sport than NASCAR.

Jack Lambert
04-20-2016, 05:24 PM
Don't sports generally consist of games? FB, baseball, basketball, etc. It's a lot more of a sport than NASCAR.

I point of view is you are not going up against someone. You are going up against the course.

RocketDawg
04-20-2016, 05:28 PM
I point of view is you are not going up against someone. You are going up against the course.

Sometimes you are, but granted that generally it's supposed to be against the course. But coming down to the wire even in stroke play it's basically match play amongst the leaders.

Dawgface
04-20-2016, 05:53 PM
I'm not surprised he announced he won't be playing. He said some time ago he didn't think golf should be in the Olympics. I tend to agree.

sleepy dawg
04-20-2016, 07:46 PM

Well, technically it's called "Olympic Games"... so golf would fit right in by your argument.

Spiderman
04-21-2016, 07:22 AM

Pro golf is the ultimate selfish sport. You have to be. All the greats are consumed by it.

I saw Ozlabal shoot 66 in Memphis, and after the round in the clubhouse he sat by a window with his head in his hands staring at the floor and agonizing over a missed 8 foot birdie putt on 18. It was the 1st round.

They are the most tunnel visioned athletes I've ever been around.

They are all about self, because self is all they have. Hell, a few years ago some Americans were bitching about not being paid to play the Ryder Cup, and they are all multi multi millionaires.

Not surprising at all, although I think later on, towards the end of his career, he will regret it.

Jack Lambert
04-21-2016, 10:17 AM
Well, technically it's called "Olympic Games"... so golf would fit right in by your argument.

Damn good point!

Dawg61
04-21-2016, 10:30 AM
Why should they play the Ryder Cup for free? I can't believe they have been doing so this whole time.

RocketDawg
04-21-2016, 06:51 PM
Oosthuizen is also opting out. Presumably it's because of health concerns.